• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Do you like coffee?

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
66b4f930ed40ff6f0c771640b59a2116f09f0061514527dc0d09bb0fd859a6d5.gif

mixchu69

What are your favorite dark roast beans? I’m currently enjoying Stumptown French Roast

mixchu69,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
What are your favorite dark roast beans? I’m currently enjoying Stumptown French Roast

Big fan of both of these. I am a bit biased though and pretty much drink BRCC exclusively at home. Available ground or whole bean

Alexis

Coffee is actually a useful prebiotic, I recently deduced/reasoned/intuited, before a quick search revealed a scientific basis for it.

Good evidence that regular daily moderate coffee drinking improves our microbiome. So drinking coffee in moderation could be a good adjunct to any probiotic regime, and would automatically help with gut microflora balance regardless.

I see moderate coffee consumption as medicinal and beneficial to health overall, for most people.

I use it myself for digestive help, but it’s also good for my mood. And my microbes.

Cocoa is a good prebiotic too.

Alexis,
Reactions: macbill

stonedmallone

My new favorite routine is making pour over coffee then sitting down with a vape. The routine of making pour over has been addicting! I am trying to get consistent with it but have struggled. When I do make a good cup it's pretty magical I have to say.

Coffee/Tea and cannabis, is there a better combo out there?

SixStringToker

Naked member
My new favorite routine is making pour over coffee then sitting down with a vape. The routine of making pour over has been addicting! I am trying to get consistent with it but have struggled. When I do make a good cup it's pretty magical I have to say.
Aside from practice and assuming that all other variables are staying the same (grind, water temp, ratio of coffee to water, etc) a good gooseneck kettle can really help with the consistency of the cup by allowing for a more controlled pour.

The Bonavita kettles that I've tried all pour a bit too fast for my liking but can be tamed quite nicely with a silicone flow restrictor. The Stagg kettles (like the one you often see @stickstones using is his streams) are my favorite followed by the Brewista Artisan kettles.

Edit: I made a cheat-sheet for some of my coworkers with a few of my favorite pour-over methods (the last two are mine). These are really just meant to be a reference, as I tend to tweak them a bit from coffee to coffee.

20210524_130443.jpg

42444059882_1e9ae58482_o.jpg

Last edited:

stonedmallone

Aside from practice and assuming that all other variables are staying the same (grind, water temp, ratio of coffee to water, etc) a good gooseneck kettle can really help with the consistency of the cup by allowing for a more controlled pour.

The Bonavita kettles that I've tried all pour a bit too fast for my liking but can be tamed quite nicely with a silicone flow restrictor. The Stagg kettles (like the one you often see @stickstones using is his streams) are my favorite followed by the Brewista Artisan kettles.
I actually have the exact same kettle Jerry has lol I absolutely love it. But besides that I only have changed the grind settings really. Been going for about 2 weeks, I am getting better.

The issue I am having now all of a sudden is the grinds end up on the walls of the filter instead of all being uniformed at the bottom. I wasn't having this before. For context I mimic the James Hoffmann method on youtube. I will keep trying though lol!

stonedmallone,

BestBuds

The Dude
I actually have the exact same kettle Jerry has lol I absolutely love it. But besides that I only have changed the grind settings really. Been going for about 2 weeks, I am getting better.

The issue I am having now all of a sudden is the grinds end up on the walls of the filter instead of all being uniformed at the bottom. I wasn't having this before. For context I mimic the James Hoffmann method on youtube. I will keep trying though lol!
I have this happen with certain beans. I find that if I give it a gentle stir while the water is at it's highest level will help knock the gas bubbles off the grounds and keep them from floating.

stonedmallone

I have this happen with certain beans. I find that if I give it a gentle stir while the water is at it's highest level will help knock the gas bubbles off the grounds and keep them from floating.
I have to say that makes a lot of sense. after thinking about it this has only happened with one type of bean so far. I have tried stirring it but I don't think I'm stirring hard enough

stonedmallone,

MyCollie

We have a chain of restaurants here in the DC area and they purchase their beans from a local roaster. Are the restaurants incredible? Probably not. I would describe the coffee as good but nothing fancy. Ever been to a restaurant and ordered coffee with dessert and the coffee tastes great and freshly brewed? That’s this coffee. If it’s brewed at the right temp with the right grind it is a solid cup. The roaster describes it as medium bodied and smooth. Again, nothing exceptional but still really good.

it’s Clyde’s Blend by Quatermaine.

Alexis

My bowels, :love: good old clean guilt free simple strong black coffee.

its a great part of itinery. I’m a born champion of things we enjoy having a rightful place medicinally and functionally.

Clean coffee fits that bill for me. Just to praise something not cannabis etc.

Alexis,

stonedmallone

We have a chain of restaurants here in the DC area and they purchase their beans from a local roaster. Are the restaurants incredible? Probably not. I would describe the coffee as good but nothing fancy. Ever been to a restaurant and ordered coffee with dessert and the coffee tastes great and freshly brewed? That’s this coffee. If it’s brewed at the right temp with the right grind it is a solid cup. The roaster describes it as medium bodied and smooth. Again, nothing exceptional but still really good.

it’s Clyde’s Blend by Quatermaine.
Wow I think I am going to give it a shot! Sounds delightful. Thanks for the recommendation

stonedmallone,

Endless Interim

Cold steeped coffee.Drink 160oz a day for last four years.Use a Coffee Panda.Entire apt. has packages of coffee everywhere stashed.LoL.

Endless Interim,
  • Wow
Reactions: vapviking

Farid

Just got an aeropress, and man I can't believe I waited so long. I was a French press drinker before, but the aeropress is really a step up. I love the easy cleanup, and the smoothness of the cup. But the best part is that a cup is ready to drink in 2.5 minutes instead of 5+.

I can't remember if I posted this before, but if anyone is looking for an inexpensive espresso setup, I've had great luck with the Flair. It has a learning curve, but once you get the handle on the different variables you can get phenomenal results. Reminds me a lot of on demand vapes in that regard. Having control over every variable is really cool, because you can make fine adjustments to really dial things in.

Farid,

MyCollie

A much better quality coffee than what I described above is from Fundamental Coffee Co. https://www.funcoffeeco.com/shop-dark-coffee

These are all very dark coffees (unless he's now doing lighter blends). I've ordered in the past and the beans are very oily. If you are grinding them I would advise not grinding them on finer grind setting. They might cause the grinder to clog. I also definitely wouldn't use them in one of those fully automatic machines (whether high end or basic) as these are made by manufacturers that actually warn against oily beans.

That said, I enjoyed the Double Indigo and Humbucker. They're expensive at $17.00 for a 12oz bag. If you like dark blends you'll really like his coffees. Also, if you have questions you can write to them and it's quite possible the owner of the company will write back to you.

I've made coffee with my Aeropress and had to water it down a few times but it was great.

SixStringToker

Naked member
My favorite site for ordering coffee online is GoCoffeeGo. They work with a few dozen different roasters and have an awesome selection. Orders are forwarded to the roasters, worked into the queue for the next roast, and then shipped directly to you. I've received beans that were roasted just three days prior to landing on my doorstep. Their Search Engine is great, Want a rich-bodied medium-dark roast with medium acidity and notes of chocolate? You can search for it!

Top Bottom