Do you like coffee?

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Kona and CBD Mango Haze this morning.

flightjoe.jpg
Hey where'd you get that cup? I need one. I 🫁(I couldn't find the heart so I used the lungs!) Fuck Combustion!

Polarbearboy,
Reactions: Moses Baca

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Starbuck uses a super-automatic now in many locations that grinds, doses, tamps, infuses, then dump the grounds. Saves on employee training costs. Seldom great shots, but consistent. An experienced Barista would shudder. No more grinding, dosing, the tap on the side of the group to evenly distribute grains, tamping, the polish of the puck, etc.
Home Super-Automatics

Last edited:

ginolicious

Starbuck uses a fully automatic now in many locations that grinds, doses, tamps, infuses, then dump the grounds. Saves on employee training costs. Seldom great shots, but consistent. An experienced Barista would shudder.

Fully auto is nice if at home. But they about $1000. Itll make them easier in the mornings before work. Also Starbucks is shit lol. They ain’t got nothing on this:49A3937C-C88E-453C-BFA9-E89FE31946CA.jpeg

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

Starbuck uses a super-automatic now in many locations that grinds, doses, tamps, infuses, then dump the grounds. Saves on employee training costs. Seldom great shots, but consistent. An experienced Barista would shudder. No more grinding, dosing, the tap on the side of the group to evenly distribute grains, tamping, the polish of the puck, etc.
Home Super-Automatics
Tafée is working on their next vape/coffee maker, named "the Perque"

They're trying to license this song for their ads

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I'm a huge fan of Juan Luis Guerra y 4.40. I think I have almost all his/their albums. 4.40 is his vocal backing group. The song wishes for foodstuffs (including coffee) to rain down on the hungry poor in the countryside. Interesting choice.

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
La Pavoni lever action. Nice.

Each coffee brewing method has pros and cons. We tried 5 to help you find your perfect cup.

Aside from showing the pros and cons of each brewing method, I wanted to offer a glimpse at how each leads to different flavors in the cup. This will always be the case, no matter what beans you have on hand. Brewing devices may work well with some beans but less so with others. Rarely is one ideally suited for all. The goal is to find the device that works best for you most of the time.

daoist

I like coffee. About 10 years back I had a Nespresso machine before switching to an Espresso machine with seperate grinder. It was just a cheaper manual model in the 250 euro range. I was never really happy with it. The fact that these espresso internet forums are inhabited by extremely unpleasant, rude and pretentious people did not really help either.

Not much Later I ditched that thing and switched to Bialetti Moka and a French Press and I also have a 15 euro filter machine.
These three cheap ass regular coffee machines are actually my favorite. Currently I use mostly the Filter coffee machine.

I don't really have a fresh coffee roaster nearby so I mostly just buy the Segafredo Intermezzo or the Lavazza Rossa from the supermarket. These are half robusta half arabica. I like those the best. I know it is not as good as a fresh roast, but we do not have a local roaster and I dont order from the internet because the shipping costs are more than the price of the coffee.

But what I have now makes me a lot more happy than the expensive espresso machine i used to have.
I have a 300 euro grinder though. But if it breaks i am not going to buy a new one.

Last edited:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
i have tried to pour the milk with paaterns like that put always failed, no matter how hard i tried.

I feel like you gotta whip it a bit, idk if it works so well just straight up cold milk from the fridge.

BrianTL,

condition

I am using a Miele fully auto at home. It is not the best but the coffee is decent in minutes. I feed it Jacobs Espresso Selezione beans. Very good coffee for fully auto machines.

condition,
Reactions: macbill
Top Bottom