Do you like coffee?

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
That's because you hit your head too hard, hopefully not more than once! My point was, by you coming here and stating how you have never had a better coffee experience than shitty microwaved instant coffee sounds like trolling to me. Like coming to a vaporizing forum and saying that you've never had a better vape experience than a joint. Peace!

I saw it as just joining in, its all coffee. And I think vapviking understood I was teasing. Are you having a bad week? For someone who claimed it was a joke, youre taking this thread very, very seriously, while we all carry on being good humoured toward each other. If you look, me and vapviking are still joking around.

Plus vapviking uses filtered water and filter coffee, with a drip machine, not microwaved instant.

The thread is called Do You Like Coffee, not do you only like fancy coffee with an arbitrary line drawn in the sand as to what that actually means.

biohacker

Forgive me for going into what I thought was the Coffeesseur Enthusiast thread and i'm met with instant fucking coffee being the best thing ever tried? TROLLING HARD! Lowered Expectations! Bye now!

biohacker,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Forgive me for going into what I thought was the Coffeesseur Enthusiast thread and i'm met with instant fucking coffee being the best thing ever tried? TROLLING HARD! Lowered Expectations! Bye now!

Again, why are you taking this so seriously and calling people names just over coffee? Are you ok?

One doesnt put instant coffee in a drip machine, your anger is totally misplaced.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Give it time! It's the best thing ever! So full bodied and ESPECIALLY "Full Spectrum"! It's the mycotoxins that make it good! :rofl:

And you accuse other members of trolling?!

EDIT: @macbill...

Do you use that Aeropress add on? I was looking at a review of it last night and kinda decided against it, also I do the inverted method on the Aeropress so no dripping ever so that didnt help make it appealing sadly. If you use it, you like it a lot? Do you use it every time?

I was hoping it'd give a bit of crema but the science of pressure says no :)

EmDeemo,
Reactions: BrianTL

Tranquility

I took my honeymoon in Kona, Hawaii. Everyone (Except fast food.) takes their coffee seriously there and you can stop at a small poke shop and their coffee will be perfect and delicious.

If you travel a bit south, you know the moment you change coffee regions. The Ka'u beans they grow in the south are just not as good. Stopping at the southernmost restaurant in the U.S. they tout the Ka'u as the best and make a deal about how much they care about coffee on the menu. But, drive a bit north and get much better from shacks on the side.

Beans make the difference no matter the preparation technique. To me, Kona are the best beans. (My second favorite might be a Tanzanian Peaberry.)

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
I do like coffee.
Was very impressed with the Aeropress when I first got it. The inversion method worked great. After a while the plastic developed scratches which allowed the fluid to bypass the rubber plunger. I now only use an Aeropress (not the same one I used for coffee) for extracting oil using cold ISO or Everclear, but that is another story.
My preference for a single cup brew is to use a glass measuring container of near boiling water (1 cup) and stir in the appropriate amount of ground coffee (I like two scoops). It can steep in the glass container for as long as you like.
Found a large size coffee mug that will just accept a 1/2 cup plastic Tupperware container inside. This allows me to to push a paper basket style coffee filter down into the coffee mug to make a form fitting filter. I hold the edges of the paper filter to the rim of the mug while pouring the coffee into the filter. The filter paper becomes wet and sticks to the rim of the mug which allows you to form it to the rim all the way around to let the coffee filter through. Remove the filter carefully so as not to drop any grounds into the cup. Starting at one point on the rim begin gathering the filter about 1" at a time until it is all gathered together. Keep the gathers at the level of the rim until they are all together. Give it a light twist to extract the remaining coffee from the grounds, but not too much to break the wet paper and spill the grounds. Wash the glass measuring container w/ soap to remove the coffee oil.
The mug is large enough so that I can use a hand blender to froth the coffee. It creates about 1/4" of crema on top of the coffee which is quite tasty.
Sometimes I roast my own beans using an air popcorn maker. That way I get the roast just the way I like it. Tough to beat fresh roasted beans for flavor.

Drug

I love coffee, though with moderation. I drink no more than two americano style a day, more often it's no more than one. I grind my beans manually in Porlex Mini and I brew in this nifty thing called Pipamoka. I get my beans from Bocca here in the Netherlands, they have some very nice variations, their Easy Rider is my favorite.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I love coffee, though with moderation. I drink no more than two americano style a day, more often it's no more than one. I grind my beans manually in Porlex Mini and I brew in this nifty thing called Pipamoka. I get my beans from Bocca here in the Netherlands, they have some very nice variations, their Easy Rider is my favorite.

Whoa, twisting for pressure? I need to go watch some reviews.... :)

EmDeemo,
Reactions: Drug

Drug

Whoa, twisting for pressure? I need to go watch some reviews.... :)
Yeah it's really cool. I initially acquired it for camping trips, but I enjoy on the day to day as well. For heavy drinkers it's probably inefficient, but for my 1-2 cups a day I manage. I actually enjoy the ritual. The mechanism is pretty much fool proof once get the hang of it, basically don't put to much force while twisting it. Easy to clean, materials seems solid. I'm a bit concerned with all the plastic involved. It's approved for use in food appliances, but still probably a high release of microplastics, so I might have to grab an alternative made from better materials.

Jethro

I'm a Nespresso addict. Spend about $60 a month on Nespresso Virtuo pods. It's like a fancy Kuerig machine that actually makes passable pod coffee. I do have an Aeropress for camping/off grid purposes, they are fantastic. But the Nespresso is quick and easy and it's actually pretty good.

Jethro,
Reactions: zor

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
d4699208970d4923d05f57d0c626028f0ec2ad5c9630d153597ec69fa3d76b40.gif

MyCollie

I still love my Behmor Brazen drip machine. It's pretty cool to be able to tweak settings (temp&pre-soak). I use a Eureka Grinder which has range of grinds from French Press to almost turkish. I know some people don't like multi-purpose grinders but I'm not making Espresso and I'm not anal about pour over so it's good for me.

I like one blend of coffee from a local roaster. It has more of a mild / rich taste. The roaster makes it for a local chain of restaurants and the best way I can describe it is if you went to a restaurant and ordered dessert and coffee and thought the coffee was great. I wouldn't describe it as some amazing unique blend but it's definitely a crowd pleaser and perfect if you are having people over for brunch or whatever.

Fundamental Coffee Co. is great too. They specialize in Dark Roasts and I think they're based out of Seattle.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
No fancy equipment here but I do grind Kona beans every morning. I bought an Ikea french press for a couple bucks from Goodwill a few months ago but haven't used it.

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
Bicerin: Coffee, Torino-Style (Served in a Glass!)
Editorial staff
by Sara Suardi contributor
October 1, 2020
Image may contain: Coffee Cup, Cup, Drink, Beer, Alcohol, Beverage, Cutlery, Spoon, Saucer, Pottery, Glass, and Latte

In Italy, coffee is an institution. Espresso lungo, espresso ristretto, caffè macchiato, served hot or cold, you’ll find coffee wherever you go. And in Turin, there is the bicerin!
Bicerin: The delicious drink uniting the residents of Turin for more than 250 years. But this particular coffee is not served in the classic coffee cup, but in a small transparent glass goblet without a handle instead, which is then placed on the classic saucer. In fact, the name ‘bicerin’ in Piemontese dialect means ‘small glass.’
So the story goes…
The Torino-style bicerin was first invented at the historical Caffè Al Bicerin (which acquired the same name only after the success of the drink). In 1763, Giuseppe Dentis opened his store in front of the entrance of the Sanctuary of the Consolata, a strategic position that would bring great fortune to both the restaurant and the bicerin, thus establishing an important bond with the "Consola." The new recipe for the bicerin soon became the ideal remedy for the faithful, who after Mass (and fasting for communion), found a sweet and energetic comfort in the coffee’s ingredients. The same was true during the period of Lent: Since hot chocolate was not considered "food,” it could be consumed easily, even during a prescribed fasting period!
They left in 3 and returned in 1
More than an invention, the bicerin should really be classified as an evolution of the 18th century bavareisa, a drink in vogue at the time, made from coffee, chocolate, milk and syrup – all served separately and for the guest to combine in a sweet ritual that ended up in large glass goblets. Just a century later, things had changed: In the 19 th century, the three ingredients were served in a single glass and transformed into three variants: pur e fiur (similar to a cappuccino), pur e barba (with coffee and chocolate) and finally 'n poc 'd tut (meaning 'a little bit of everything' in dialect) – the last of which led to today’s three- ingredient bicerin. This version of the coffee then spread to other places in the city – even becoming a culinary symbol of Turin. In 2001, the bicerin was recognized as a "traditional Piemontese drink," entering the already long list of traditional Italian food products from the region.
The traditional recipe for bicerin
We went all the way back to the bicerin’s birthplace to discover its history and its recipe to make at home!
Ingredients:
4 servings of espresso (we use espresso cups to measure), 2 tbsp milk, 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp fresh cream, 7 oz dark chocolate
Tools you’ll need:
Moka, small glass, pot
Method:
Prepare the coffee using the moka percolator. In the meantime, melt the dark chocolate in a saucepan with the milk and sugar. Stir for a smooth cream that you’ll pour into the typical bicerin goblet-style glass. Pour the coffee and stir gently. Whip the fresh cream with a pinch of sugar and use it to top the coffee. Enjoy your bicerin hot!

bulllee,

bulllee

Agent Provocateur

How to pair cannabis and coffee​

Adam PallaySeptember 24, 2020
(tomkawila/AdobeStock)

Too often the smell and taste of weed get overlooked. For those of us who spend the extra time to search out quality cannabis with a complex terpene profile, taste and smell mean a lot. A complex terpene profile will not only result in a great high, but will also enhance the flavors of whatever else you’re consuming.

One of my favorite things to enjoy with cannabis is coffee. Something special happens when the smoke from a tasty joint starts to mingle with the steam coming off a delicious cup of coffee. Sure they can be enjoyed separately, but when you get the right pairing, the experience is elevated to new levels.

Similar to cannabis, coffee has a wide variety of cultivars, and depending on how it’s grown and processed, coffee can express a wide variety of flavors just like weed. A lot goes into a cup of coffee, so I sat down with friend Eric Anderson, an expert in the coffee field, to talk pairings. Here’s a list of some of our favorite cannabis strains and the perfect coffee varietal to enhance each strain’s unique flavor profiles. Enjoy!

Related
Cannabis and coffee: How do they affect your body?

Chemdog and Costa Rican​

Chemdog carries a very distinct smell. A combination of spicy pepper (caryophyllene) and bright citrus (limonene), Chemdog offers a sharp, gassy bouquet that is so unique, it coined the term “chemmy.”
A strain like Chemdog needs coffee that is subtle, sweet, and slightly acidic to compliment its wonderful aromatics. Coffees from Costa Rica are great: balanced, approachable, and not too overpowering or in-your-face.

Methodical’s Costa Rica La Pastora in particular pairs well, as it produces a nice chocolatey subtleness with a bit of juiciness in the finish, a perfect complement to Chemdog’s unique profile.

MAC (Miracle Alien Cookies) and Kenyan​

MAC is a beautiful strain that first grabs your attention with its sparkle, and then smacks you in the face with a fragrance that blends skunk and grapefruit (limonene). It hits like smelling salts for the cannabis enthusiast. With a smell this pungent, you need to pair it with a coffee that can stand up to its flavor.
Kenyan coffees have a reputation for being very loud and upfront with citrus. These coffees are big, bright fruit bombs, and while maybe not an every morning kind of cup, they stand up well next to a bold strain like MAC.

Onyx Coffee’s Gachatha OT-18 is a beautiful coffee consisting of two varietals: SL-28 and SL-34, both of which are typical of Kenyan coffees and highly sought after for their award-winning characteristics.

Related
How This Expert Pairs Cannabis with Wine and Cuisine

Zkittlez and Columbian​

Linalool is not a terpene found in abundance in cannabis, however, a little bit goes a long way. Zkittlez offers a floral aroma with hints of lavender and fresh hops from linalool. After tasting this strain, you will understand the relationship between cannabis and hops.
Zkittlez would do well paired up with a Colombian coffee—like Tres Santos from Intelligentsia. Colombian coffees make up a large amount of the total coffee produced in the world, and based on the region and altitude grown, they can develop great acidity and balance. This coffee has some lovely vanilla and stone fruit notes in addition to floral aromatics, perfect for the hoppy brightness of Zkittlez.

Forbidden Fruit and Ethiopian​

The love child of two very tasty strains, Cherry Pie and Tangie, Forbidden Fruit is a terp-forward strain that fills the room with notes of berry and citrus. When you crack open a jar of this aromatic strain, everyone in your immediate vicinity is going to take notice. A strain this tasty deserves a cup of coffee that’s equally delicious.
A washed-process Ethiopian coffee is the perfect pair for Forbidden Fruit. While not as berry-forward as a naturally processed coffee, an Ethiopian washed coffee is sparkling, effervescent, and has hints of citrus and berry. I love to toke with a cup of this coffee.

Temple’s Reko Yirgacheffe is a favorite among baristas and is a great entry point into specialty coffees.

Related
How to Pair Food and Drinks With Cannabis Terpenes

Big Smooth and naturally pressed coffee​

Big Smooth is a rare bird. There aren’t many cannabis strains that have pinene as the dominant terpene, so be sure to get a fresh batch and really appreciate the flavor of this one. Along with a distinct aroma of pine, you will get some sweetness and doughiness reminiscent of a blueberry muffin.
The first coffee that comes to mind when thinking about anything blueberry is a naturally processed coffee. Naturally processed coffees are the result of processing the entire fruit from the coffee plant instead of just the beans, resulting in a coffee with notes of fruit, specifically berries.

If you’re looking for a burst of berry with your coffee, City of Saints’ Kosse Geshe Estate is an elegant coffee that deftly showcases the characteristics of a naturally processed coffee.

Grandpa’s Breath and Guatemalan​

Grandpa’s Breath may not be a strain you are familiar with yet, however, it’s a genetic powerhouse found in a lot of the better indica strains hitting the market today. A cross between Granddaddy Purple and OG Kush, this strain hits like a classic indica and produces an earthy, dank smell with hints of sweetness (myrcene). It’s great for relaxing, but you will definitely need a dash of caffeine if you want to stay sharp.

This somewhat subdued strain doesn’t need a big bold coffee to overpower it—I’d lean toward a coffee that can match its subtlety and effects. Guatemala produces wonderfully clean and easygoing coffees like Panther’s Finca El Limonar. This cup is full of light chocolate notes and even some bright apple. It’s perfect for chilling out, just like Grandpa’s Breath.

Top Bottom