maremaresing

Very sleek! Can you give more angles to show the top part better?

How does it compare in size to this one I have? Mine looks very similar, but I can't find any info on it online and am not sure when you ever sold it.

Even dry, this one makes vapor ICE COLD. More so than my EVO hydratubes, and I prefer using it on my hot vapes dry for that reason. It makes even the hottest vapor feel like vicks vaporub!

CQ1bLl2.jpg

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Today we introduced DaVinci’s newest accessory- the DaVinci Hydrotube.

We’ve used every portable watertool out there, and haven’t found one which produced optimal cooling and filtration effects. The ones on the market either didn’t hold enough water, spilled on the go, or leaked water into the device. We knew that we could do better.
hydrotube-optimized__15760.1616694736.jpg

After 3 long years of designing, prototyping and relentlessly targeted a vastly improvement of what the current offering was, we’re proud to release this borosilicate water filtration device. We have found it cools vapor by more than 95%. Fitting any 10mm male adapter, get ready to experience smoother, cooler vapor.

Differentiators:

• Holds 6x more water than standard hydrotubes, providing maximum filtration.
  • J-hole technology, elongates vapor path by 30%
  • Upper dome acts as a recycler, allowing for maximum vapor to water contact.
  • Testing indicates 95% cooler vapor.
  • Spill resistant design
  • Unique sipping mouthpiece is more ergonomic, eliminates neck strain and increases sanitation.
  • Compatible with IQ, MIQRO, and IQ2

>>> Check It Out Here

None of the specs you listed are on the page you linked to, just a bad looking photo.

How TALL is it?
How WIDE is it?

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Very sleek! Can you give more angles to show the top part better?

How does it compare in size to this one I have? Mine looks very similar, but I can't find any info on it online and am not sure when you ever sold it.

Even dry, this one makes vapor ICE COLD. More so than my EVO hydratubes, and I prefer using it on my hot vapes dry for that reason. It makes even the hottest vapor feel like vicks vaporub!

CQ1bLl2.jpg
I will have the close up images dropped into a shareable format for FC on Monday, as well there will be some more close shots found on IG, TW and FB throughout the weekend as well as video in the stories!

For now to answer your question, it is just about the same size both in diameter and height. The hydrotube you showed here was a VERY limited series and was not widely offered, so lucky you! That is very awesome.

Also, thank you for the feedback, and I just have to say this, the new one is even more improved over that one you have!

@RustyOldNail - per your questions and call out on the image: YES we will get new photos and technical information up. I have nudged the marketing team to make that happen!

Davinci_vaporizer,
Reactions: Adobewan

RustyOldNail

I will have the close up images dropped into a shareable format for FC on Monday, as well there will be some more close shots found on IG, TW and FB throughout the weekend as well as video in the stories!

For now to answer your question, it is just about the same size both in diameter and height. The hydrotube you showed here was a VERY limited series and was not widely offered, so lucky you! That is very awesome.

Also, thank you for the feedback, and I just have to say this, the new one is even more improved over that one you have!

@RustyOldNail - per your questions and call out on the image: YES we will get new photos and technical information up. I have nudged the marketing team to make that happen!

Great, do you happen to know the dimensions?

seriousTone

Can anybody please explain how the precision Temps work? I only got my miqro yesterday but have tried looking up a few videos and can't quite understand how to set it?
I mean, I understand how to physically put the miqro is precision mode but I don't understand the rest..

RustyOldNail

For anyone looking into buying new 18350 batteries, I haven’t used this size in years, so I did some homework on the current offerings, and made 2 posts, different thread, HERE:

RustyOldNail,

RustyOldNail

Yessir.
Dimensions: Ø 35.4 x 102 mm (Ø 1.39 x 4.01 in.)

Great job getting that page updated with specs and a 2nd, better photo. While I think the price is excessive, I’m interested because I’ve tried a lot of mini bubblers, you may recall from photos I included in a previous post. Some of my other ones were not included as they were just some really cheap ones on Amazon I was curious about.

The one you just added to you site has similar design to any “spill proof”, just different implementations of the inner glass piping. For me personally, what I’ve experienced is the less water they hold, the less they cool and filter, which is after all, logical.

However, there is enough gain, for me to use them in rotation with regular sized glass rigs. The best one so far is the one I linked previously, the Hubba Bubbler, because it takes the most water in a 5” tall piece, they cheated a bit by making it wider. Downside, it’s the biggest one I’ve tested, it’s manageable, but it’s a 14mm female, so I need to use a CLEAR 14-10mm adapter.

So getting back to the Davinci bubbler or hydrotube. I like the small size, but as mentioned above, I’m pretty sure from my experiences, it maybe as effective as other ones in this small water level size. When a sale or discount code comes up I would then try it myself.

The only issue I have judging from the 2 photos, is the 10mm female joint looks to be “FROSTED/GROUND”. I like many keep the long stem MP on Davinci all the time, instead of the flat MP. That inner ground glass on the female end will SCRATCH and SAND the male Zirconium MP fairly quickly I believe, though haven’t tested.

If this new water piece was truly designed for the Davinci, that 10mm female joint should have been made CLEAR, no ground glass.

My proof, is that the original IQ, had a free HoneyBird bubbler that came with it, long ago. I tracked it down, and bought one. This collaboration was interesting, as the “Davinci to Honeybird” adapter is still available and needed to mate to the Davinci. But, as can be seen in the photo below, the SMART person that designed that adapter, made that 10mm female, a CLEAR one!

Maybe, you can get the Chinese assembly line to skip the glass joint grinding in future batches. Switching mouthpieces is NOT a logical option. And yes, I use clear 14-10mm adapters when using the IQ in my larger rigs, MP stays SMOOTH.

91DC0385-C1D2-4851-8001-78FD1137D94C.jpeg

seriousTone

hmm, having just gotten my miqro - first off I am really impressed with the craftmanship. And I really like how the device heats up and simultaneously warms your hand.

I initially thought I would prefer the flush mouthpiece but I prefer the stem.

Although with the stem mouthpiece, is the vapor suppose to be super cool? Like even on 430F I'm not getting any warm air and barely any visible vapor. But the herb is being extracted and I am feeling effects, eventually. Not that I'm really looking for huge clouds either, because I know the more clouds you see the more you're wasting but I just find this a little odd.

Maybe I'm not packing tight enough?

Battery life is pretty awful, if I do say so myself. Hopefully those vapcell 1100 mah will help.

RustyOldNail

Received the Miqro yesterday. My 1st Davinci purchase was the latest IQ2, only bought this because of the sales price, and like my IQ2 and most of the Davinci designs and executions. I just finished reading this entire thread started in 2018, as I always do to learn from as many contributors as possible. Some jumped off the FC train at the next stop, but thanks to all for the feedback. So I have no reason to add to any of the review opinions, as using it for two days confirmed what the intelligent posts stated already.

I’ll make a few points.

1st any suggestions for device changes, even software ones, are only potential possibilities for a future model or update, UNLESS .... the device enables USER UPDATABLE FIRMWARE...

One such thing that could be addressed is the confusing way you get from PATHS, to MANUAL temperature setting mode. This was brought up a few times in this thread, glad I read it here, as I’m no dummy when it comes to “mods”. The same one button press also brings up temp readout, so it’s CLUNKY.

Why is there a 5 minute timer screen in MANUAL MODE, which is great, but nothing in SMART MODE, to give you a clue when your 5 minute session is over? I’m no product reviewer, but send me one, I’ll return, and in two days I would have found these glaring programming missteps.

And these would be a simple firmware/software fix IF these top of line devices included that upgrade ability. So maybe next time...

So, my only practical complaint is that the included LONG MOUTHPIECE, that’s advertised as both a MP, and 10mm water pipe adapter. Well imagine my surprise when I realized they SHRUNK the long MP, just a millimeter or so, to match the scale of the Miqro. The same MP on the larger IQ2, is a true 10mm male fitting.

So, as was only mentioned once in this thread by an astute member, the Miqro with the long MP will fit LOOSELY in a 10mm female glass joint. And, as I was also mentioned, the Miqro MP is shorter, so 10mm female joints or adapters hit the top metal part of Miqro body, and don’t fully go down, so no seal there either. I’ve solved that with two silicone washers, pressed down on the MP, the act as a spacer and gasket, but that doesn’t solve the loose fit of the UNDERSIZED mouthpiece, which is probably about 9mm, don’t make me break out the calipers... I tested these fittings with both clear and ground glass 10mm joints.

Hmm... wondering if that new Davinci “hydrotube/bubbler” actually fits the Miqro mouthpiece without being loose???

@Davinci_vaporizer

any ideas? Do you know anyone at Davinci that has actually put the new water tube on a Miqro MP?

RustyOldNail,

RustyOldNail

18350 BATTERY TESTS - 4-2-21

In post #582, 5 posts up in this thread, I posted a link that shows the test results of a professional battery test reviewer (Mooch). There you will see that currently, it looks like most if not all 18350 sized lithium batteries are being made in the “YDL” Chinese factory. Every other brand, Epoch, Keepfinder, Vapcell etc., are all just companies that buy them from YDL in bulk, then re-wrap them with their company name. Some are more honest and accurate in the specifications they list, as well as print on the battery wrap.

So if all these 18350’s are made in the same factory, why do some seem to perform better or worse? Because, like many assembly lines, there can be many factors that effect the final product. Companies have their own in house tests to grade the batches, like grade “A”, “B”, etc. These categories are sometimes referred to as “bins”. So while a “C-grade” batch/bin battery still functions fine, it might not fully match the specs of a grade “A” battery, and are sold off, cheaper. So, you don’t really know what grade the re-wrap companies are using, and the next batch they buy, might be from a better or worse bin. So while we can’t directly buy from YDL, using legitimate online battery businesses to get your re-wraps from, is the best we can do, and of course test them yourself, to see what you got!

Even most inexpensive USB volt/mAh meters can tell you how many milliamps a battery can take on a charge. Not as accurate a measurement then using an analyzing type charger, that fully charges a battery, then discharges it down to a user set “cutoff voltage”. This is the TOTAL CAPACITY that battery can contain measured in milliamp hours = mAh. Most lithium battery manufacturers publish their test results in spec sheets. Those sheets give important information on how they performed the tests and obtained the results. Most use the industry standard of a 2.5 volt cutoff. That’s the lowest voltage limit the battery could be discharged to. I normally program my own tests to duplicate the manufacturers, so I can verify their claims.

NOTE: Most electronic devices, for a safety buffer, use a cutoff voltage of 3.0-3.3 volts. So these devices will not be able to use the minimal voltage left, down to 2.5v. It’s not a big deal, just something to be aware of, especially if you are only able to measure the milliamperes going into the battery while on “charge”, with a USB type meter. That would show you how many milliamps the battery was able to take in, from the devices cutoff (3.0-3.3) to the chargers 4.2 volt full charge cutoff. Almost all lithium batteries are considered fully charged at 4.2 volts, so that’s a known. Obviously, companies prefer to advertise the largest milliamp rating it can, 4.2 down to 2.5 volts, but most devices will shut down before then. Capacity is of course just one parameter, testing for amperage requires more equipment that can draw high amps and measure the temperatures while discharging and charging. Heat is a major enemy of batteries, and if they get especially HOT, bad things can happen, besides just degrading the battery.

TESTING:
I just bought (4) Epoch 18350’s, from 18650batterystore.com, at $4/each.
The #5 battery in my tests, is the YDL 18350D, it came with my Davinci Miqro.

TEST EQUIPMENT:
SkyRC MC3000, advanced charger/analyzer.
VapCell YR1030 AC Internal Resistance Meter.

CHARGER TEST PARAMETERS:
(Refresh C-D-C): CHG= .5A, DISC= .25A, TERM= .03A, CUT-VOLT = 2.5V, D-REDUCE= .03A.

EPOCH-YDL 18350 TEST RESULTS:
#1: 4-21: mAh= 1046 WH= 3.82 DC IR= 46 AC IR= 22
#2: 4-21: mAh= 1009 WH= 3.68 DC IR= 47 AC IR= 22
#3: 4-21: mAh= 1051 WH= 3.84 DC IR= 46 AC IR= 22.5
#4: 4-21: mAh= 1086 WH= 3.98 DC IR= 51 AC IR= 21.4
#5: 4-21: mAh= 1009 WH= 3.81 DC IR= 50 AC IR= 22
(***#5 is the YDL “purple wrap”, that came with Miqro)

FINAL THOUGHTS:
Any current 18350 battery advertising more then 1100mAh capacity, is false. The “mooch” high amp/heat tests, show they are all about 9-10 amps. Higher advertised amps, are either highly inflated, or not based on continuous use, a useless “pulse rating”. As this small size battery is not very popular, and thus not in huge demand, these specs probably won’t change much, until some new battery tech is invented.

REMEMBER: Battery “wraps” are just shrink wrap plastic, and what’s printed on them, may all be bogus!

You're gonna love the Miqro. Small and solid.
I hope so. So far, it sux. The bowl has to be packed JUST RIGHT to get a good hit. Even at high temp, it's fair at best. Fine grind seems to work OK but course grind didn't work at all. Worst part is 3 bowls and then recharge. I don't have any extra of these 350's.

Nice solid feel. I like the way the end caps are hinged. I already lost my PAX oven lid. LMAO How do you loose something when it's within 2 feet of you. LOL I use the extended mouthpiece and it has a nice feel. Albeit, someone earlier said it doesn't fit into a 10mm fitting, it's no big deal to me since I use it raw. Feels pretty good raw. Fucker gets really hot if you use boost mode. With Boost mode, I only got 2 bowls before a rechage so I quit using that mode.

I understand that all vapes have a learning curve and I'll keep using it over and over. But, in between I use a Crafty, A Pax3, A Cap Pro and an Edge, which all put this MIQRO in the dirt. This is more on the line with the other vapes I rotate. Like the Slick and the Nano and the Go and the XMax and the Solo2 and the ArGo and the other vapes I use that I put in the 'second favorite' category.

But, like I said, I always give a vape a chance to get through the curve. I didn't like the Crafty+ at first but once I got it tweaked in I really love it.

Really hear only good things about the IQ. And, with all the sales, I have that one on my hit list.

Hackerman,

maremaresing

to answer your question, it is just about the same size both in diameter and height. The hydrotube you showed here was a VERY limited series and was not widely offered, so lucky you! That is very awesome.

Thanks for that background! WOW I loved this hydrotube before, but now it's even more precious. Good luck with your new release. I agree with others that the joint shouldn't be ground, but otherwise it looks unique and is obviously high performance.

hmm, having just gotten my miqro - first off I am really impressed with the craftmanship. And I really like how the device heats up and simultaneously warms your hand.

I initially thought I would prefer the flush mouthpiece but I prefer the stem.

Although with the stem mouthpiece, is the vapor suppose to be super cool? Like even on 430F I'm not getting any warm air and barely any visible vapor. But the herb is being extracted and I am feeling effects, eventually. Not that I'm really looking for huge clouds either, because I know the more clouds you see the more you're wasting but I just find this a little odd.

Maybe I'm not packing tight enough?

Battery life is pretty awful, if I do say so myself. Hopefully those vapcell 1100 mah will help.

I'm glad you are enjoying it! The miqro does drip fine craftmanship, which is one of the things that has finally put Davinci on my radar.

To the performance- Pack more. No pack more than that. The herb will "shrink" in the oven as you vape, so even overfilling a bit is fine. I usually fill until it's just overflowing into the "funnel" then push it in and close the cap. You should feel the pearl compressing the herb.

I find the vapor to be very pleasant by the time it gets through the vaporpath. Good job Davinci for doing so much with so little.

If you want visible vapor then pack like I instructed and use like this: two sessions Smart Path 4, two Sessions 430F. You won't make it through the fourth session on a battery if you aren't doing this back to back (which you don't have to) but this is what gives me great results. The oven should be done by the end.

I’ll make a few points.

One such thing that could be addressed is the confusing way you get from PATHS, to MANUAL temperature setting mode. This was brought up a few times in this thread, glad I read it here, as I’m no dummy when it comes to “mods”. The same one button press also brings up temp readout, so it’s CLUNKY.

Why is there a 5 minute timer screen in MANUAL MODE, which is great, but nothing in SMART MODE, to give you a clue when your 5 minute session is over? I’m no product reviewer, but send me one, I’ll return, and in two days I would have found these glaring programming missteps.

@RustyOldNail Thank you for your critical review of the miqro and taking all that time to assess battery stuff. Very helpful and informative. I agree with these two points specifically. It's so hard to figure out when you have switched from SP to Precision, and sometimes it seems like it didn't take.

I, too, was expecting SP to have a countdown. Why not just have the block disappear from the left or right, like the precision mode does from top down?

No. IME, It adds maybe a minute of runtime.

Oh thank goodness you chimed in with this. I just needed someone to confirm the grass wasn't greener with 1100 cells. A whole extra session would be worth it, but not this. I'll get more cells when mine die, but 2 is enough for me for what the miqro is good for.

I hope so. So far, it sux. The bowl has to be packed JUST RIGHT to get a good hit. Even at high temp, it's fair at best. Fine grind seems to work OK but course grind didn't work at all. Worst part is 3 bowls and then recharge. I don't have any extra of these 350's.

Nice solid feel. I like the way the end caps are hinged. I already lost my PAX oven lid. LMAO How do you loose something when it's within 2 feet of you. LOL I use the extended mouthpiece and it has a nice feel. Albeit, someone earlier said it doesn't fit into a 10mm fitting, it's no big deal to me since I use it raw. Feels pretty good raw. Fucker gets really hot if you use boost mode. With Boost mode, I only got 2 bowls before a rechage so I quit using that mode.

I understand that all vapes have a learning curve and I'll keep using it over and over. But, in between I use a Crafty, A Pax3, A Cap Pro and an Edge, which all put this MIQRO in the dirt. This is more on the line with the other vapes I rotate. Like the Slick and the Nano and the Go and the XMax and the Solo2 and the ArGo and the other vapes I use that I put in the 'second favorite' category.

But, like I said, I always give a vape a chance to get through the curve. I didn't like the Crafty+ at first but once I got it tweaked in I really love it.

Really hear only good things about the IQ. And, with all the sales, I have that one on my hit list.

Refer to my suggestions earlier in this post. I think it should help! I'm not getting great billowing clouds, but it's constant visible vapor and effect.

To tack onto battery chat, I want to address the statement that I see come up often for the miqro (and other small vapes) a lot.

"The battery life is awful"

Obviously this is half of the statement. Awful compared to what? Other vapes? Personal needs? Personal Expectations? It's good to add that part, or at least think about it internally.

For me, I could say that the miqro takes forever to heat up, and getting .25 grams out of a battery does seem limited. I compare this with other portables that are larger and use 18650, mostly. I compare this with my needs going out on the town and that I may not NEED more than this, you always want to have more than you need. So I gotta carry a spare battery.

But I think this does our tiny boi a disservice, and falls out of line with what Davinci intended when they made this device. You want to talk portable? How bout this:

Tppl2uD.jpg

nXSi8du.jpg

The MFLB is without a doubt the king of tiny stealthy vapes, IMO. It's ridiculously small, which I'm sure most of you can attest. However, the miqro is SMALLER AND MORE COMPACT THAN THE MFLB.

The absolute size of this lad, and all we think about is "the battery doesn't last as long as big vapes". I used to bring a pocket full of AA to shows to feed my mflb, but the miqro probably only needs 1 spare or less to equal that runtime.

And to this point on batteries, there is only so much we can expect from current battery chemistries. An 18350 has 1/3 the capacity of an 18650, despite being 1/2 the size. And then you get into voltage sag happening sooner and all that, and I really think it's remarkable that the miqro lasts as long as it does and performs so well.

Davinci could have churned out yet another 18650 device instead of this smol boi, but I respect their wanting to differentiate themselves. I feel like most of us bought a miqro because of it's adorable size, and wouldn't have if it was longer to accommodate an 18650.

Now, if I had my wish, Davinci would remove the iq from their line, and make the miqro slightly longer to take an 18650. Shove the oven to one side, and the battery on the other, give it a little length (which would make a cooler airpath), and ship it.

RustyOldNail

I finally got around to testing the Davinci Miqro’s “low voltage cutoff”. Ran it down, till it will no longer turn on, immediately remove and read battery voltage.....

RESULT: 3.2 volts.

I would suggest charging to the full 4.2 volts if using an external charger, that’s the standard default setting. I know some advocate slightly undercharging lithium’s to gain some longer overall life, but I’m more interested in my vape experience, and can afford to replace batteries when needed. These tiny 18350’s, need all the voltage they can store.

I loaded .15 grams of fluffy BCG MEDIUM grind. (I find .1 to be about one DV tip load), packed tighter then I do with the IQ2. Adjust oven “pearl”, to lightly touch top of my tamped load. Started at SP #2, near end, switched to SP #3. Got more visible exhale vapor with this fresh Sour OG. Load size, tamping, grind, and of course the type and condition of the herb, all play a part in getting a good vape. Herb was fully extracted.

If you consider micro dosing as less then .1 grams, as others have already mentioned, this may not be the device for you. And if you like bigger clouds, and longer sessions, then the larger IQ2 is the better choice. The spacers work great in the IQ2, but trying to use small loads in the Miqro, the pearl is not as efficient. I find both Davinci models much more enjoyable then holding my huge, plastic Mighty. The extra fiddling doesn’t bother me, and I can get good results.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: robm321

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Snagged a new Miqro Explorer package in Silver yesterday for an amazing price. And it should arrive on 4/20 no less. It was not intentional but I'll take it. 4/20 will be a momentous day: getting my Miqro & getting my first Covid vaccination. Can't wait for both! I haven't bought a conduction vape in a few years. I was considering a Pax3 having an original Pax years ago (good but pop-up mouthpiece was a thorn in my side). I've heard 2 and now Pax3 are better. With the Miqro however I appreciate swappable batteries (and the fact the 18350s can be charged with the same external charger with my 18650s and Hopper batts, which I can't recall at the moment their designation - whatever, lol). It's overall size is comparable to Pax but without the pop-up mouthpiece. And Davinci has a great reputation with their devices too. A while back I was contemplating the IQ and recently the IQ2, bigger versions, however they may be a tad too big for me and my usage. I won't mind filling the Miqro's chamber full each time to take advantage of the pearl and optimizing conduction (I had homemade spacers with my Pax and know how this goes). I'm looking forward to another solid vape in my small but diverse roster nearly split among convection and conduction. Not sure I'll read this entire thread but I've read the first and last few pages (funky Davinci hyrdotube BTW - hmmm) - and a friend has a Miqro too though he just sent it in for repair today (we'll see what they say and do for him). But I'm excited to try this one out and have a new vape in the lineup and to kickoff spring. Cheers! :peace:

seriousTone

I'm glad you are enjoying it! The miqro does drip fine craftmanship, which is one of the things that has finally put Davinci on my radar.

To the performance- Pack more. No pack more than that. The herb will "shrink" in the oven as you vape, so even overfilling a bit is fine. I usually fill until it's just overflowing into the "funnel" then push it in and close the cap. You should feel the pearl compressing the herb.

I find the vapor to be very pleasant by the time it gets through the vaporpath. Good job Davinci for doing so much with so little.

If you want visible vapor then pack like I instructed and use like this: two sessions Smart Path 4, two Sessions 430F. You won't make it through the fourth session on a battery if you aren't doing this back to back (which you don't have to) but this is what gives me great results. The oven should be done by the end.

Thanks for the respones, yeah I have noticed I wasn't packing tight enough. I am experiencing a little bit more vapor now.

The thing definitely does work well. Even if it does seem a little underwhelming while hitting it.

Now, I am trying to figure out if it is more or less efficient than the mflb. With my mflb I can get 2 days minimum from one trench, sometimes 3. (That's hitting it a few times, than a few hours later hitting it a few more times, etc.)

With the miqro I maybe get one full day from the trench, no more than one day surely though.

I need to do some weighing of each full oven and calculate though.

seriousTone,

Breaking Bud

So you know, I hated the Miqro at first. Put it in a draw and let it sit for quite a while. Then used decided that I needed to figure out how I could like it. Tried it with various grinds and packs, drier and more moist material, pearl adjustments and didn't give a damn about setting the smartpath nonsense. If you fill it up mostly and tightly but not completely packed, with the pearl touching it, you can manually start on smart path 2 and progress to 3 and finish off at 4 if you like. You'll get 2-3 initially super tasty hits with nice enough clouds. Then you stir it and lower the pearl and have at it again. Sometimes, it doesn't require a stir. It worked for me and it should work for you too. I'm also a fan of the IQ2. Good luck.

Breaking Bud,

Breaking Bud

I liked the Miqro so much when I noticed the IQ2 for under 200 on 420 I bit. I just hope the software will work for me.
Personally, I don't use the software at all. Love the unit. Glass spacers and/or dosage pods are a must.

Breaking Bud,

Vaporific

I liked the Miqro so much when I noticed the IQ2 for under 200 on 420 I bit. I just hope the software will work for me.
Where did you see that? I received my Miqro Explorer package yesterday (thought it would arrive on 4/20 but alas). Thought about an IQ or IQ2 but perhaps a bit too big for me. Haven’t tried it yet due to getting a Covid vaccine late on 4/20, contractor at my house most of yesterday and weather-related implications - I was too exhausted yesterday to try it. On a T-break today for work and hope to fire up my Miqro for the first time Friday night. I’d forgotten the Explorer package came with an extra batt - bonus! :) :peace:

EDIT: I did immediately celebrate my Covid vaccination on the way home by partaking but not with the Miqro. Perhaps for dose #2... :)

Vaporific,

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
Received the Miqro yesterday. My 1st Davinci purchase was the latest IQ2, only bought this because of the sales price, and like my IQ2 and most of the Davinci designs and executions. I just finished reading this entire thread started in 2018, as I always do to learn from as many contributors as possible. Some jumped off the FC train at the next stop, but thanks to all for the feedback. So I have no reason to add to any of the review opinions, as using it for two days confirmed what the intelligent posts stated already.

I’ll make a few points.

1st any suggestions for device changes, even software ones, are only potential possibilities for a future model or update, UNLESS .... the device enables USER UPDATABLE FIRMWARE...

And these would be a simple firmware/software fix IF these top of line devices included that upgrade ability. So maybe next time...

So, my only practical complaint is that the included LONG MOUTHPIECE, that’s advertised as both a MP, and 10mm water pipe adapter. Well imagine my surprise when I realized they SHRUNK the long MP, just a millimeter or so, to match the scale of the Miqro. The same MP on the larger IQ2, is a true 10mm male fitting.

So, as was only mentioned once in this thread by an astute member, the Miqro with the long MP will fit LOOSELY in a 10mm female glass joint. And, as I was also mentioned, the Miqro MP is shorter, so 10mm female joints or adapters hit the top metal part of Miqro body, and don’t fully go down, so no seal there either. I’ve solved that with two silicone washers, pressed down on the MP, the act as a spacer and gasket, but that doesn’t solve the loose fit of the UNDERSIZED mouthpiece, which is probably about 9mm, don’t make me break out the calipers... I tested these fittings with both clear and ground glass 10mm joints.

Hmm... wondering if that new Davinci “hydrotube/bubbler” actually fits the Miqro mouthpiece without being loose???

@Davinci_vaporizer

any ideas? Do you know anyone at Davinci that has actually put the new water tube on a Miqro MP?
My observations agree and I was thinking some thin conical silicone piece could be placed between the glass and the zirconium, but I have not figured out what to adapt as yet. Actually, it just hit me - I think I CAN USE ONE OF THESE latex finger cots I found in a drawer at work. I’ll try that.

Kimosabe,

RustyOldNail

My observations agree and I was thinking some thin conical silicone piece could be placed between the glass and the zirconium, but I have not figured out what to adapt as yet. Actually, it just hit me - I think I CAN USE ONE OF THESE latex finger cots I found in a drawer at work. I’ll try that.

Thanks, wrote that 3 weeks ago, no response from current Davinci rep., here, no problem, I think in a few weeks I know more about the product line anyway.

So, doing my own homework, it appears, that depending on how the Zirconium is made, it can be harder then glass on the MOH hardness scale, so glass joints should not scratch the extended 10mm mouthpiece. I bought a spare MP in case, amazingly, while it costs the same as the 10mm MP for the IQ2, unlike that larger, more material accessory, the MP for the Miqro, does NOT come with the 50cent silicone MP holder. Wrote the rep here, as well as Davinci customer service, spent hundreds on devices and accessories, two weeks, and NO response on how to obtain the 2nd part that’s needed!

The 10mm extended mouthpiece for the Miqro is a bit thinner then most real 10mm glass joints, but it works. It mates ok to their bubbler attachment as they made the 10mm female joint on the bubbler, thinner then standard as well.

If the MP does not fit all the way down when inserted into a 10mm joint or adapter, try adding two silicone orings to the stem, see photos below.

6754981C-585A-4B98-A797-02EC50E5A8FC.jpeg

Vaporific

INITIAL USE REVIEW: meh

I’m underwhelmed so far. Hardly any vapor, battery life is not great, and I needed to re-grind my flower to fine (and made a salad for the weekend to continue testing, which I don’t normally do - but I have a lovely jarvial of a shake and kief mix I like to add to loads for some extra fun). I can feel the effects of the Miqro without a doubt but I get no vapor out of it. I want to adjust the pearl again - I’ve been using it nearly fully extended with a fairly full load. I can see it compressed so I think it’s ok. I’m only using the flat mouthpiece and have used the charging cable from the Explorer package, and I do r want to use any of the other accessories in case it goes back.

I initially tried smart path 2 and barely negligible vapor. Bumped to to 3 and got the tiniest of clouds. Then I fiddled with Boost Mode and had trouble figuring out if or how that was supposed to work and when to draw during it. I took a draw (maybe two) that might not have actually been a real draw and then decided to go back to smart path 3. And then I re-read the somewhat vague instructions but figured it out. Bumped it smart path 4 and took a draw and I could finally taste the load was done. And it was. AVB was was a mild brown but this was medium grind - and I know fine and packed is the way to go with the Miqro. Hence the salad - wish I could add tomatoes but it may come back in my face with this vape.

Second load used a re-ground single flower strain figuring I’d give the Miqro the benefit of the doubt with my inexperience with it. I’ll add here I was somewhat wary about the UI and not having a screen (like my Fury 2) but I got the hang of it by this time. Which brings me back to the instructions and operational info on how Boost Mode works. I’ll let it go. What didn’t go was the first draw on smart path 3. Again no vapor. And then the battery died. Yep. I can tell this wasn’t going in my favor. I quickly had to charge up the extra in my Nitecore and charge the one that came in it with the cable. I was definitely buzzed, no doubt about it. But it felt underwhelming some how. And the draw resistance is something I’m not thrilled with either frankly. The rest of load #2 was underwhelming even on smart path 4. I get the effects, just barely any vapor. I can see more of my breath on crisp fall day than with this thing.

It’s the weekend - TGIF! - I have some finely ground salad to keep plugging away at it and I’m not at all upset. It would be a first for me to return a new vape after a short period of time due to personal dislike, but there’s a first time for everything. I thought it was a great deal too and love all the accessories and was looking forward to using them - including the little grinding disc because you know how much I dislike grinding often, unlike most of you I suspect - but I’ll leave them boxed unopened for now. It should be an interesting weekend continuing to put this nice looking, solid, pocketable conduction vape through more paces; tomorrow is supposed to be sunny but I’d take a few clouds, with the Miqro...
:peace:

Vaporific,
  • Sad
Reactions: Vizyt91
Top Bottom