David Goldstein's Fritted Disc

Does DG make a fritted disc with an 18mm female? I was looking at DG's the other day, and noticed most have non-traditional joints. While this is fine for dabs, you would need an adapter to vapor-bong, which is my predominant use of glass. If not, it might be a deal breaker, as I don't really want to use an adapter every time I vape bong.
Isn't the 14" one a female? No actually I looked and it isn't. But you could just get the bigger tubes and they come with the adapter already with the piece?

VapeNStone,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I haven't seen any with a female joint yet.
IMO they are worth having to use adapters for :nod: (and the one with the 24mm joint comes included with an adapter to 18mm female - if you have or can get a 24mm keck clip, clip the adapter on, and forget about it - You've got yourself an 18mm female piece :))

This mini can has been my go to piece since I got it...
Once you hit it, you understand:whoa:
I actually like the adapter, it functions as a dome as well. It never moves around, its perfect. Sometimes I put a little Slide Right on it from Ballistic Creations but that is it. If you really want to stick it without a clip use their Joint Wax . . .

Isn't the 14" one a female? No actually I looked and it isn't. But you could just get the bigger tubes and they come with the adapter already with the piece?

Edit: Yes the tubes marked as "convertibles" come with the adapter and slide. That would be the 14" and 16".

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Mini-can fritter tomorrow! In old MJ's words... "Hee hee, Shamoana!"

:rockon: enjoy!! I'll be at a fest, so I won't be around for your first impressions, but have a blast!! :party:

So I decided to take the mini with me this weekend, I have a nice padded SSV bag to put it in. Def. staying close to the camper with it. Starting to think maybe I should have gotten the 10" size mini, would have fit the padded bag a little better, and also when I am at my desk, I do have to stretch a little to reach the mouth piece if I want to use it hands free. Another one of those, seemed like a good idea at the time moments :freak: but I am still very happy with it over all!! Great piece, and good travel size.

Just picked her(she needs a good name) up from fed-ex! It feels pretty solid, the mouthpiece tube is thick as hell. I'm excited I got the "fancy" base, as I was a little worried when i read back, and boobs mentioned he'd wait for those, hind sight, I'd probably ask for a picture before I order a piece from across the nation. Looks wise, its just what I wanted, simple and clean. Function tests will happen later tonight(can't wait), and I'll put a pic or 2 up also.

Edit: so I had to put water in at least... The term fizz, which I've heard here before, comes to mind. This stacks with the slightest draw w/water 1 cm above disk.

IMAG0823.jpg

IMAG0819.jpg

IMAG0824.jpg

I haven't had to much testing, but man o'man, I like it. I put myself to the floor with a messed up Dart hit, it wouldn't go, then all of the sudden it vaped the whole cart in 5 seconds or so. That made me a little sceptical until the TI came out... Mmmm so smooth, not even a thought of a cough. Solo was great, but will be better w/my gong stem witch will be here any minute. I picked up some hose and a SSV WPA(i think, female 18m 90degree whip nipple)for hooking up W-9/TV products to.
This thing rocks! Combuster friends already asked... Hell no!
Basically, I'm happy being apart of FC, with a keen ear, you'll never buy a Bunk vape/accessory again.
Thanks ladies and gents.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I put myself to the floor with a messed up Dart hit
I must admit to having done this as well :) Not with the Dart, it was a flower/bubble combo, but I remember leaning against the wall (I vape standing up) and then there was no wall, but it was ok. The universe was a fuzzy, warm whirling blob, and it was fine . . . then the floor came up and hit me :\ I was rolling around doing my best Joe Cocker lol . . . but he did say it best after all ;)

Glad you are loving Da Disc :freak:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Cleaning update on Da Disc. Using RezBlock I have noticed some of the "vegetable extract" (you do the math, its green and in every plant, you learned about it in 7th grade bio if you paid attention) Anyways, some of this green debris can become trapped in the fritt and be hard to remove. So far hot water, iso and Simple Green have worked but I can see a very small amount that I am going to have to oxidize with some sodium hypochlorite (bleach) or hydrogen peroxide or OxiClean®. Will report back, I already know the bleach works, since I just used it, so I will let the material build up again and try hydrogen peroxide and/or OxiClean®.

So far my 90 days in "Rez" Block have been interesting . . . :peace:

t-dub,
Reactions: ogcook

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
Cleaning update on Da Disc. Using RezBlock I have noticed some of the "vegetable extract" (you do the math, its green and in every plant, you learned about it in 7th grade bio if you paid attention) Anyways, some of this green debris can become trapped in the fritt and be hard to remove. So far hot water, iso and Simple Green have worked but I can see a very small amount that I am going to have to oxidize with some sodium hypochlorite (bleach) or hydrogen peroxide or OxiClean®. Will report back, I already know the bleach works, since I just used it, so I will let the material build up again and try hydrogen peroxide and/or OxiClean®.

you should try to see how long you can go without cleaning\changing the water. either or or both, just to see how well it works ya know? depends on how much you dab tho lol dabs dirty it up real fast

Xchadb,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
you should try to see how long you can go without cleaning\changing the water. either or or both, just to see how well it works ya know? depends on how much you dab tho lol dabs dirty it up real fast
I did that part in the first 60 days with my Zob (not going to subject the fritt to that treatment you will see why) . . . still have to shoot the photos . . . I know I'm slow, but I'm thorough :)

t-dub,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
I did that part in the first 60 days with my Zob (not going to subject the fritt to that treatment you will see why) . . . still have to shoot the photos . . . I know I'm slow, but I'm thorough :)
nice! sounds interesting

Xchadb,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
nice! sounds interesting
RezBlock is a faithful servant but a fearful master. Do not dilute it too far, it will spawn microbial growth when the salt concentration gets too low, there are sugars in the fruit extracts apparently. Also RezBlock does nothing to inhibit hard water stains and in fact will make funny new green ones to go with the old kind so use distilled water and keep it policed up. I'm trying to find a way to seemlesly work this into my cleaning program so there will be NO mechanical (scrubbing) component necessary, just quick rinses with safe chemicals . . . utilizing some heat and dwell time of course ;)

t-dub,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction

Don't think I'd use the bleach again (plus, isn't that YOUR disc in the pic... bleach?). Think I'd try the Hydrogen Peroxide next.

BigDaddyVapor,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Don't think I'd use the bleach again (plus, isn't that YOUR disc in the pic... bleach?). Think I'd try the Hydrogen Peroxide next.
Well, I was going to try hydrogen peroxide next but there really is no prob with chlorine. My disc is actually white/clear, if you are talking about "the pic" in my signature. But I have a spa and the chemistry of hypochlorous acid is no mystery to me, I use sodium dichloride, sodium hypochlorite etc all the time, nor is the proper cleaning of lab glass, and dilution of chemicals a mystery either. So what exactly bothers you about the chlorine, just that it might have wiped out a colored fritt? Because I don't think it would hurt it since the pigments are "in vitro" so-to-speak, but someone else will have to test that one :)

Which reminds me, I have access to potassium monopersulfate as well, a heavy duty oxidizer I use in spa and fountain chemistry that could make any organic matter that gets caught in the fritt "disappear" easily ;)

Remember, If you pollute it, dilute it. :peace:

EDIT: Finding fritted disc crucibles online now . . .

t-dub,
Reactions: ogcook

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
So I wanna update with something I am going to investigate more about and that is what I call "finish tone" on the glass. I have noticed after cleaning, using different cleaners and rinse agents, that bubble stacking will vary quite a bit. When I used hydrogen peroxide as my final wash agent last night the finish it left on the glass was beautiful, very sparkly, and the "tone", or lack thereof, left my diffuser functioning optimally. The dwell time required for the peroxide to whiten the fritt may be too long for my requirements, but we will see :peace:

t-dub,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
So I wanna update with something I am going to investigate more about and that is what I call "finish tone" on the glass. I have noticed after cleaning, using different cleaners and rinse agents, that bubble stacking will vary quite a bit. When I used hydrogen peroxide as my final wash agent last night the finish it left on the glass was beautiful, very sparkly, and the "tone", or lack thereof, left my diffuser functioning optimally. The dwell time required for the peroxide to whiten the fritt may be too long for my requirements, but we will see :peace:
the frit is so sensitive to any elements when it comes to kissin you on the lips.

when using the double 18 disc model, it has to be perfectly clean with nice cold water in there for it to reach my mouth that high.

always rips no matter what :)

Xchadb,
Top Bottom