Dabpress Rosin Plates

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
FAO EU potential dabpress rosineers, I just had this reply from my latest email enquiry for EU stock.

Thanks for reaching out.

Since the production schedule is very tight, we are afraid that items won't be able to be stocked at EU warehouse, it will be in stock at EU warehouse next year.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@Cheebsy yes indeed :( Our goal was to restock the EU warehouse in early Winter 2020 but we won't be able to meet that. We apologize that the wait will be longer than originally estimated.

We continue waiting on DHL shipping prices to decrease as it's been unbelievably high since covid started. We hope to offer DHL express shipping of stock in China warehouse, so we can ship our products globally by air once again.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Sorry for the double post, I just wanted to update the thread. Here is my most recent reply from Claire. I guess I have no choice but to continue to wait or find an alternative. You guys all rate the dabpress so highly I'll try to wait a bit longer
Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Thanks for getting back to us.
We have to stop shipping goods from our China factory this year, since we don't have 220V version, and production schedule is too tight, we are not available to produce it.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

rasmundi

Geez, after reading all about the great quality, service and support of the Dabpress company I am now suffering through their delivery from Hell. I ordered the 10t unit last week and received three shipments, each screwed up...

First came the 2x4 mold, or at least an envelope that was supposed to contain a mold, but it only contained a sample of air. OK, let's spend 15 minutes talking to India for a refund and then try a reorder.

Next day comes the pump, which I was really looking forward to, cause they are in real short supply on the website. So, great, it comes and I bring it inside and immediately notice the big stain of hydraulic fluid on the outside of the box. Oh Boy, more work, more concerns, hmmm?

Now today the big box comes and I'm all happy and excited again until I pull the unit from the box and Hey??? This unit is all twisted and rocks on it's loosely bolted feet... Great, cancel all the invitations, there's no dab party going on here tonight.

And then, as a topper, it must have been picnic day at support, cause I got the answering machine and no reply. So, fortunately, this was a Prime purchase and they suffer fools lightly - so this box is going back for some re-education.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@rasmundi that is certainly not what we expect our customers to experience with their purchase. What a disappointment!

I had responded to your PM earlier and never got your email with the pictures to provide to Roger. We certainly will make it right.

If you can PM me your Amazon order #, we can make a complaint with them.

arb

Semi shaved ape
I had a bad pump and it was replaced with a couple pics.
I was shocked at how easy they made it.
Been over a year of constant use and zero issues.
So there is that option if you wanna hang with it a bit longer and see how they handle it.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I just got a 4 ton a couple weeks ago and have been learning how to dial it in. Love it thus far!

would there be an issue doing two 3.5 gram pucks simultaneously on it side by side or should I do them separate?

HellsWindStaff,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
would there be an issue doing two 3.5 gram pucks simultaneously on it side by side
I would just go higher with a single puck to save on filter bags and the amount of material to trap the rosin. I also get rosin leaking out of the sides of the parchment paper unless I do some origami with the paper first it can get messy. One higher puck with driptech making the rosin drip straight into a container makes collecting easier and is like playing reverse Space Invaders as you catch drips!
On another note, I pressed a 10g puck at 97C and got a 22% return on some less than great buds and put it down to using 120 instead of 90 micron bags. I also noted my last 50x10g pucks were with 90 micron bags, not 120 as I had reported as the new bags I have just opened are quite a lot lighter/flimsy and are 120(my fault when I stored them).

Last edited:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate

Hey all I made a beginners guide for making Rosin, would love some advice on making it! I haven't had horrid yields but I feel I could get a bit more out of things.....but then I overpress and it comes out much darker.

This was my first time doing 7 and I think I'll stick with 3.5's for now, maybe 5.....but single pucks rather than two for sure. I think that was my issue as my press is only 4 tons

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The reason to prepress a puck is to get it to fit between the jaws of the press and to get more flower to bag ratio for less trapped rosin, keep the clamp for woodworking!

You mentioned your second press at a higher temp gives little yield, this is because you pressed for way too long and too hard for the first go. You want to get the rosin off the heat as fast as possible to stop cooking off the low temp terpenes...the stuff you could smell later during the press. You also push more contaminates with the higher pressure so keep that along with more time and heat for the second press.
Your first press will yield less but will go up a notch or 3 in quality. What you miss in the first run will get collected in the second go.

notheothertim

When not using the hydraulic press do you want to leave it open, closed or doesn't matter to the cylinder?

notheothertim,
Reactions: arb

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
LOVE my DP!

Gotta get some new 160s ordered... pressed 120s today and I like, but I can take pressure a little higher with the 160 bags.

EDIT~ Ordered, and added a cold plate. I've been using a plate of metal off an airplane fuselage, but this will be much more user friendly without rivet holes.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
When not using the hydraulic press do you want to leave it open, closed
In my old mining days, it was common practice to close all hyd rams when not in use to protect the metal rod from corrosion.
My latest, 80C, 2500 psi, 120u bag, just over 3 mins all up on the press,
1604801860188.jpg
1.45g
Re pressed at 105c for an extra 0.4g of black death, it isn't that bad...just different!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
When not using the hydraulic press do you want to leave it open, closed or doesn't matter to the cylinder?
Open under no pressure.
In my old mining days, it was common practice to close all hyd rams when not in use to protect the metal rod from corrosion.

Yes indeed! Keeping the piston retracted into the cylinder/bottle jack protects it from the environment (dust, debris, humidity, etc). This is the best way to keep your hydraulic press when not in use.

Top Bottom