Dabpress Rosin Plates

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
By way of updating this thread for the europeans and British it was time for my next email to Claire to find out if there are any 220v units. This was her response:

My apologies it is still not available at this moment. We are planning to stock it in EU warehouse after June.

Needless to say, this wasn't the answer I was hoping for. 😓

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
That's not a bad idea man! I could get a transformer, for about £40 for a decent one on Amazon.. I wonder how much delivery would be...

Edit: question asked!

Last edited:

MonkeyTime

That's not a bad idea man! I could get a transformer, for about £40 for a decent one on Amazon.. I wonder how much delivery would be...

Edit: question asked!

I'm guessing the electronics are no where fussy enough to be bothered, but you may want to ask DP about the difference in frequency and if it would have a long term effect on your unit. We're also going from 50 to 60hz. Most equipment I've come across operates fine on either, but some doesn't...... an ounce of prevention.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
How much pressure do you use for this?
Cannot remember, about 4500psi, it was stated back in the thread somewhere but this search button is as useful as a c@#t full of cold water.
110v units will not be put into EU stock and tax/taffifs make it unrealistic to buy direct from China.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: MegaMan2k

Edgedamage

Hello I picked up a used quartz enail kit everything works fine. I have experience with Bermie c100 & TWIDEC pid controllers. I already installed a higher amp 5 pin connector. I was wondering if there is a PDF of the full setup menu for the controller.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Well it's time for my last update to this thread for a while at least. I still want a dabpress but I can't wait any longer so I'm going elsewhere, at least for now. I want to say, apart from inaccurate time scales for 220v stock Claire from dabpress has always responded quickly and answered any questions.

My last email from the suggested June for restocking the EU warehouse. So I emailed last week again saying u was really excited that restocking was just arrived the corner, and asking if they have a more specific date. Here's the reply

Dear Chris,

Thanks for reaching out.

It will be available in EU warehouse 3 months later, I will keep you informed before it reach the warehouse.
Exact available date can't be provided right now, since many documents need to be prepared .

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Claire
---------------------

I've been emailing for very nearly a year now but I've decided I can't wait any longer. Maybe I'll have one in the future...

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I was in the same situation a while back. Missed the dabpress boat and spent 6 months hoping they would restock.

I looked at various EU options but opted in the end to build my own.
Was quite easy and I'm very pleased with it.

Not as compact as a dp but available in a few days sourcing parts and if anything goes wrong, simple to repair.

Been pressing 6 months now. Beats solvent options for me. And pressing is such fun.....

mixchu69

For all u rosineers using the dabpress, I had a quick question. I was looking at Amazon and noticed that the 4-ton and 6-ton press are the same price. They look like the same footprint. Why wouldn’t I purchase the 6 ton over the 4 ton. Thanks for any feedback

Texus

For all u rosineers using the dabpress, I had a quick question. I was looking at Amazon and noticed that the 4-ton and 6-ton press are the same price. They look like the same footprint. Why wouldn’t I purchase the 6 ton over the 4 ton. Thanks for any feedback
I see no reason to go with 4 ton. Comes down to 6 ton is on sale and 4 isn't. For Prime Day both were discounted, but the 6 press discount was a bigger discount, so I went with that.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I bought my 10t in 2018 and am still on honeymoon with it, it is the most prized tool in my shop. I think you would be happy with either one, but if all costs are the same I would definitely get the larger option.

Aside from price or footprint, how much do you plan to squish at a time? That should be the #1 item for consideration and will help guide your decision.

mixchu69

I bought my 10t in 2018 and am still on honeymoon with it, it is the most prized tool in my shop. I think you would be happy with either one, but if all costs are the same I would definitely get the larger option.

Aside from price or footprint, how much do you plan to squish at a time? That should be the #1 item for consideration and will help guide your decision.
@FlyingLow , i am thinking 7-10g at a time (maybe 3-4g as I practice). want the smallest footprint

Top Bottom