• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dabpress Rosin Plates

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Maybe some little rubber feet?
Floor protector sticky dots work well if you can't find any rubber dots(I couldn't)
a fitted cover for any of your presses
A pillowcase will work for this.
To stop the bleed throughs, ease off with the pressure, you do not need to exert much pressure like the old hair straightener.
Welcome to the press world, hard to beat knowing all the history of your own dab material.

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
So I won a Dab Press

Here I was a newb vaporist, only about 9 months in from fucking combustion. I had a great FC friend share some concentrates with me a couple of times and that was the extent of my knowledge about it.

This shows up on my doorstep.
20190810-122716.jpg

It was HEAVY. It had to be expensive to ship. Box looked in good shape, good job carrier.

20190810-123924.jpg

At the time of this unboxing I am so new to the land of vaping concentrates I had to ask VapeHunter what the square orange thing was for!

20190810-123943.jpg
20190810-124153.jpg
20190810-124442-Copy.jpg

Red is my favorite color. Somehow they knew that.

Now I have this very cool Dab Press but I had zero experience. Fortunately there is FC! Of course there is all the knowledge of the forum I can use to educate myself but even better I made a great friend because of FC, VapeHunter. It turn out he lives 10 minutes from my house and also owns a Dab Press!

He came over to give me and some friends some assistance in learning to use this tool. None of us were sure what to have on hand to help with the learning process.

20190810-125841-Copy.jpg

First we filled this gold tube with about 4 grams of material.
20190810-144630.jpg

On the second go around we'd figure out the metal shaft with the rubber foot was in fact not a mallet to create a chime sound when striking the gold tube but was instead a really neat way to lean the entire press about 45 degrees to let gravity assist you in the process.

With the use of the clamp and tube we got a puck.
20190810-135735.jpg

Getting the puck out of there made a loud sound like a gun shot out of that tube.

20190810-135853.jpg

The puck was wrapped nicely in it's parchment blanket before....

20190810-135944.jpg

The wooden dowel treatment. It is nice to have an instrument to push it (the puck) where you want.

Let the games begin!
20190810-140030.jpg
20190810-140259.jpg

20190810-140315.jpg
20190810-140559.jpg
20190810-140757.jpg

This device now has a permanent home just off the gang's poker room. We can and do have freshies all night long. Thank you Dab Press for giving me the opportunity to win this. Thank you @VAPEHUNTER for teaching the group to operate this wonderful device. It has gotten much use and love since then.

I've had this for almost a year. I like how self contained it is. We have had zero problems with it. Once we were tutored a bit it is not difficult to use.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
That is some fire!
Looks like it crystalized into THCA right on the plates.

What temps and times were you pressing on that puck? I am guessing you did not have a gauge on it?

lazylathe

Almost there...
Floor protector sticky dots work well if you can't find any rubber dots(I couldn't)

A pillowcase will work for this.
To stop the bleed throughs, ease off with the pressure, you do not need to exert much pressure like the old hair straightener.
Welcome to the press world, hard to beat knowing all the history of your own dab material.

For the price a few feet should be on the controller imo but it is not a big deal. Just did not have any lying around at the moment.

Since the Dabpress is actually not a bad looking machine, I would prefer a fitted cover as it just looks better than a pillowcase or a bag.
My lathe has a nice thick plastic, clear fitted cover and it looks good when not in use and protected.
The press is living in the basement in a corner of my workshop where I use various power tools and wood, not the best environment but it has to do for now.
Hopefully it will reside in my vape office for easy squishing!

The pressure thing will take a bit to fine tune as there is no gauge and this was my very first go at it.
I also want to look into oil slick paper as it looks like an excellent option!

And lastly those neat black glass storage containers need to be bought to store the rosin in.
So many little things involved in pressing.

EDIT:
Snuck into the basement for a quick squish...

Another quick filter-less test.
Turned the temp down to 185 on the 6 ton DabPress this time.
Pressed a quick round puck using about 3 grams of bud, I used Death Butter this time.

Closed the plates till the puck was just touched by the plates and allowed the puck to heat up for 30 seconds.
Press to close plates slowly and steadily, waiting a bit between each press for the oil to settle.
Stopped when it felt right, a bit less that the last time where i split the parchment.
Left it for 2 minutes and then released the pressure and removed the treasure!

Pick up was easy and I used a cold soda can to remove the final blob of rosin.
Transferred to a bit of parchment and pressed to a disc shape.
Had a few more inclusions this time around but still not too concerned with them on press #2.

Nice and heavy effect right behind the eyes and body numbing properties that slow everything down.
Taste is amazing on the Errlectric Concentration Station with the quartz insert.
It leaves this buttery taste and feeling on your tongue, very different.

I need to buy some small glass concentrate containers for storing the rosin in.
Any tips for a Canadian source?

What else can I do with Rosin?
I see some people leave it in the fridge, some heat and whip it all to further cure the rosin.
It is not cured from the bud already?
What would change apart from perhaps it's physical properties?
Surely the chemical properties would stay the same?
Would be great to know and I will do some research!

Here are the pics from tonight!
20200627-220043.jpg

20200627-220057.jpg

Last edited:

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
I have a 12t Dabpress and this thing is just oozing quality. Made out of mostly 6061 billet aluminum and not extruded or sheet metal.

Was weighting my options and the price of a 12t Dabpress including a pump with pressure gauge would come out to less than a regular nugsmasher. Nugsmasher kinda sucks if you look at the materials used/plate size and no pressure gauge. I can see some people like it cause it's more contained, but to me it's a way lower quality product. To get a version of a nugsmasher that has a pressure gauge would literally cost twice as much and I would still say the Dabpress beats it on quality since the nugsmasher is still using extruded/sheet metal.

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
Yea, now that I think about it, my pump is huge with a long ass handle. No way is that tiny pump on the nugsmasher capable of 12t.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I have a 12t Dabpress and this thing is just oozing quality. Made out of mostly 6061 billet aluminum and not extruded or sheet metal.

Was weighting my options and the price of a 12t Dabpress including a pump with pressure gauge would come out to less than a regular nugsmasher. Nugsmasher kinda sucks if you look at the materials used/plate size and no pressure gauge. I can see some people like it cause it's more contained, but to me it's a way lower quality product. To get a version of a nugsmasher that has a pressure gauge would literally cost twice as much and I would still say the Dabpress beats it on quality since the nugsmasher is still using extruded/sheet metal.

Thanks for your review! Enjoy your pressing time :tup:

Hey @psychonaut do you have any ideas when the European warehouse will be restocked?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for your question.

We're working on getting it restocked, the ETA is around 6-8 weeks, depending on transport costs. Right now it is very expensive due to the duties & shipping since covid-19.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
We appreciate that @FlyingLow and we hope you won't ever need to upgrade! The 10-ton unit has fast become a best seller among our lineup with a lot of rosineers wanting a pressure gauge.

@Moses Baca we have some enails available with a universal base to hook up to most glass pieces. The dp-tv150pro comes with 2 quartz dishes and is a real good hitter.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
DP is at the top of my 'wants' list. But then I'll need a dab rig, too, so that's more $$.
I took a while to get on the rosin train but will never look back.
I was amazed by how much pot I saved switching from combustion, I now mainly dab and this has reduced my consumption again (only a small saving compared to ditching the Bic, but still less overall).
I found it hard to bring myself to squish primo buds the first time but now I realize it is not a waste, quite the opposite!

CR250M

Ontario, CA
dabpress 3" x 5" plates tip:

For larger than 7g I like to use 3" x 6" bags that I can fill with 15g, cut off an inch fold the rest over and the bag fits nicely!

arb

Semi shaved ape

I have been super curious about this ever since I got my press.
The press is so well made and going on a year of heavy use I went ahead and ordered it,should be here Wednesday.
🐸

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark

I have been super curious about this ever since I got my press.
The press is so well made and going on a year of heavy use I went ahead and ordered it,should be here Wednesday.
🐸
I have one since a while. It is and works solid. I pimped it with some parts and an autotune, so the function is to my liking.
The PID box is a bit big compared to other offerings, but for where I wanted to place it, this was an advantage.

Top Bottom