Dabpress Rosin Plates

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Could use some guidance on analyzing results...

I did a bagged 5g press and got out a little better than 1.2.

My puck came out somewhat concave, like an eyeglass, instead of flat like a pancake. Does that mean I should have used more pressure?

This yield came out darker than my previous unbagged 1g presses. Does that indicate too much pressure or that I pressed too fast? I've been at the same 190 temp for all presses so far.

I do have a bit of a halo of oil left around the very rim of the puck, I think I may put it through another press.

I still have lots to learn. I have had some come out like shatter, some come out more sappy. What contributes to a more stable end product?

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
The rp557 caged cube kit is ready? Then the testing is going to start? Great, hope mine will come sometime in January/February and my stainless guy will have the 40t drip tech frame ready up to then :D

It is actually ready for sale now. $469

https://www.dabpress.com/products/5...rmocouples-1-200-watts?variant=18361994346569

Dab-press-2-heated-plates-hydraulic-press-harbor-freight-high-pressure-large-amount-2_1024x1024.jpg

Universal pre-press molds to create multipule size pucks depending on your preference, stock will be updated next week. $89

https://www.dabpress.com/collection...iversal-rosin-puck-maker-universal-rosin-mold

5-dabpress-2-in-1-cannabis-pollen-press-puck-maker-universal-min_1024x1024.jpg

3x2 and 3x3 universal pre-press mold - $89

https://www.dabpress.com/collection...press-dp-pm01universal-3x2-and-3x3-puck-maker

4-dab-press-mold-filter-2x4-3x5-2.5x4.5-rosin-bags-extractor-pucks-all-in-one-min_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Glad yer back to squishin' @invertedisdead !

The universal pre-press molds that we just released will fit our 2" and 3" wide filters, 2.5" wide filters are coming for the 40mm pre-press mold. Due to the size of these pre-press molds, you will be able to press some of them by hand, but a irwin quick clamp, vise, or arbor/shop press may be required when using the larger molds with larger amounts.

I just happened to stumble into this, always looking for gauges that'll work with 1/4" NPT.

$49 - https://www.trick-tools.com/10_000_psi_Gauge_and_Fitting_Gauge_1633

gauge.jpg

Looking at that now, it seems those are 3/8" threading, so still some sort of 10000 psi rated adapter would be needed?

Last edited:

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
Hello FC Family!

I sincerely thank you all for your help in the past year.

Dabpress have got a great process because of you.

We are going to work hard to improve our service, quality and develop new innovative products.

Merry Christmas!

Best Wishes to You & Your Family!

Roger

Dabpress Team

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Happy holidays all!

@Dabpress~ what amount of flower do you suggest for each of your molds. Right now am using the cylinder mold for 5g presses. How much are you pressing into the other molds?

Any chance of offering pre-cut and folded parchment on your website in 2019?

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
Happy holidays all!

@Dabpress~ what amount of flower do you suggest for each of your molds. Right now am using the cylinder mold for 5g presses. How much are you pressing into the other molds?

Thanks for your question.

Could I update it after Christmas?

Best regards,

Roger

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Happy holidays all!

Happy holidays! This is my recommendations for prepress capacity.

30mm cylinder - 3.5-7g
40mm cylinder - 7-14g
2x4 rectangle - 7-14g

I'll have some numbers on the square/rectangle universal prepress for 2x4 and 3x5 filters. Right now I'm getting 5-10g in the smaller rectangle side the square side is probably going to be 10-20g?

The higher amounts may require a clamp or press to pack the flower in.

Last edited:

Vapor Loop

I finally got me a real press. I wen't with the new dp-bj3t33 ordered direct from Dabpress. I didn't notice i could have gotten it by sat from amazon till after i ordered, Does anyone know how long that free shipping takes to the U.s?

I just have to get me a better suited portable one now. I actually probably would have got the portable first but Rosin tech products can't seem to keep the rtp go in stock, And the only other portable option i know of under $300 the Dulytek dm800 look's too poor of quality.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@Vapor Loop There’s a RTP Go BNIB in the classifieds here.

I’ve not heard much good about any of these really small “portable” units though, just not enough pressure. But tbh, haven’t really paid attention since dabpress started making their range of AIO presses. Just curious, since you just ordered this killer “real press” why do you need/want a “portable”? Isn’t it portable enough? Congratulations and good luck with your new endeavours!

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
@Vapor Loop I was surprised at how fast I received mine. It was like 3 or 4 days... Which is borderline absurd. In the best way, obviously :D

That 3x3 is pretty compact, I don't think it'd be worth your time or money to invest in one of those "portable" rosin presses. You'd be better off just using a hair straightener and clamp over most of those products.

Vapor Loop

@pxl_jockey I started with a Ju1cebox so i really got used to packing my press along with a single carry on bag. I did get good results with it but i use heat in burst, pre press and always use %%62 humidity packs. I have even gotten a couple strains to butter up on that cheap thing. I may feel differently about the small one's after i get my Dabpress unit we shall see.

hd_rider

I finally got me a real press. I wen't with the new dp-bj3t33 ordered direct from Dabpress.

Congratulations! I have the exact same press coming, ordered through Amazon. It should be delivered tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to trying this out for the first time. I have a bunch of 'Trainwreck' that I'm gonna try squishing and then vaping in my new Dr. Dabber SWITCH!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@Vapor Loop Congratulations and welcome to the family! :cheers: Factory shipments go DHL Worldwide Express from China. We like to say 2-5 days shipping time to most locations in the world. Our US inventory for domestic fulfillment will go ground so 2-5 days there as well.

All of our AIO units are quite heavy, they are portable for sure, but you'll be looking at 30-50lbs of equipment alone, not counting the weight of your carrying case of choice. A few pages back I linked a pelican that will work with the hr10t35v, the bj3t33 can probably get away with a much smaller case. I think that case is about 25lbs but it has wheels =)

What are your needs for portable pressing? Do you plan on pressing 7g of flower on the go or just something small for a session like a gram or two?

@FlyingLow we love to hear that, thank you too! :tup: I take it your pressing adventures are going well? :cool:

@pxl_jockey we are all about hearing what the customers want and doing our best to deliver. So far we've been able to go from concept to sale in roughly 6-8 weeks, with a good bit of that under stress testing.

@hd_rider welcome aboard neighbor! That lil press should impress! If it doesn't, please let us know so we can improve! Thank you, and if you need any assistance please hit me up. Nothing like getting a new press on Friday, except getting it today ;)

Elbuort19

That looks more like "shatter" to me ..... sorry for your loss

That was too funny!

I had just finished building my new archery shop/pressing room/game cave and decided to do all of my pressing for the next couple of days at one time because my in-laws were coming and they are not cannabis friendly. I had been pressing for about 5hrs and was on the last press when I turned and BAM instant shatter. lol

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@Vapor Loop Now I know you mean really portable, lol! Don’t think your new press will fit in your carry-on but I’m pretty sure that you’re going to love it nonetheless. I’m really looking forward to your feedback and I hope it doesn’t take long to get there.

@psychonaut If anyone can make a quality AIO that I can carry in a backpack, my money’s on Roger! IIRC though, he explained why presses like the RTP Go aren’t able to perform in the same category as a proper rosin press. Perhaps he’ll find a way in 2019, I still can’t believe how many different models Dabpress rolled out this year tbh.

Top Bottom