Dabpress Rosin Plates

Sup everyone!

New FC member and just ordered a Dabpress 3x7 cage and a Dake B10!

I’ve been in the industry for over 10 years. I own a dispensary, grow, and have a ton of BHO experience......that being said I’m making the switch to solventless.

I’ve done a ton of research and have some friends who press with a big purepressure unit and I just can’t rationalize spending that much just to press a few extra grams(even if you have better control of pressure).

I’ve been making a ton of bubble with fresh trim in anticipation so be on the look out for some big presses. Ive got some pure pressure 36 micron 2.5” x 9” bags that I’m going to fold at 6.5”. Maybe Rodger can make some similar bags. 2.5” x 7.5” would be ideal (I’ve read this whole thread). I’ll post some pics or a video once I get going.

In the mean time here’s a pic of the current SOG grow of Monster Cookies(GDP X GSC). Just flipped these ladies and plan on doing some nug runs sometime in February after drying and curing.

qJrtdtd

Cheers!

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
What we need more than anything is an affordable gauge on T adapter to place inline between the pump and the hose.

psychonaut,
Reactions: LesPlenty

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Yup... just logged back into Northern Tool to put in a backorder, and I see they have removed this item from their catalog/no longer available.

Fuck. Seems like there are no budget pumps with a gauge, anywhere.

I've contacted them and their CS told me they will have them by the end of the month. In the meantime I'll continue looking for compatible/suitable alternatives.

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
Yup... just logged back into Northern Tool to put in a backorder, and I see they have removed this item from their catalog/no longer available.

Fuck. Seems like there are no budget pumps with a gauge, anywhere.

@psychonaut recommend some the best cheap hydraulic pump, is that possible if we buy a pressure gauge and set up by ourselves?

I've contacted them and their CS told me they will have them by the end of the month. In the meantime I'll continue looking for compatible/suitable alternatives.

I am going to look for more alternatives and update later.:tup::clap:

Last edited by a moderator:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I have not been able to find 1/4" Male -> Female NPT T-adapter fitting with a gauge port that is rated to 10000 PSI. Most of the ones I've been able to find are rated to 3500-5000 PSI maximum.

3/8" NPT T-adapters rated to 10000 PSI are very common.

Would something like this work in conjunction with an air compressor? Instead of using the hand pump and using the gauge installed on my Dake for pressure readings?

https://www.amazon.com/Omega-22903-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=D5K7RKFAZ52T0F9NAPWS

Would something like this work in conjunction with an air compressor? Instead of using the hand pump and using the gauge installed on my Dake?

https://www.amazon.com/Omega-22903-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=D5K7RKFAZ52T0F9NAPWS
It could be paired with a small 12v 200 psi compressor and a cheap 7 gallon portable air tank.

Last edited by a moderator:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
so with these jacks with out the gauge. Just buy a T and a gauge. Take off the hose from the pump
end and put your T in. Just make sure that they are tight. This is what I did with the pump I got.

Do you have any links to your gauge and adapter?

While I appreciate the suggestions for pumps to be used without the gauge, that is somewhat the point of going with the hr10t35v press. I want a gauge so I can tune into the pressures and time that work best for me, and then achieve the most consistent results every time I press.

If I wanted to go without a gauge, I likely would have opted for the less expensive bj3t33 pro, or the bj6t35.

I like the idea of a T with a separate gauge, that may be the only option for the near future.

Roger is going to get us a gauge and adapter solution but it's likely not going to be ready for a bit. Hoping NT&comes through with their pumps before the new year.
Sup everyone!

New FC member and just ordered a Dabpress 3x7 cage and a Dake B10!

I’ve been in the industry for over 10 years. I own a dispensary, grow, and have a ton of BHO experience......that being said I’m making the switch to solventless.

I’ve done a ton of research and have some friends who press with a big purepressure unit and I just can’t rationalize spending that much just to press a few extra grams(even if you have better control of pressure).

I’ve been making a ton of bubble with fresh trim in anticipation so be on the look out for some big presses. Ive got some pure pressure 36 micron 2.5” x 9” bags that I’m going to fold at 6.5”. Maybe Rodger can make some similar bags. 2.5” x 7.5” would be ideal (I’ve read this whole thread). I’ll post some pics or a video once I get going.

In the mean time here’s a pic of the current SOG grow of Monster Cookies(GDP X GSC). Just flipped these ladies and plan on doing some nug runs sometime in February after drying and curing.

qJrtdtd

Cheers!

Welcome! Thats a nice setup :tup: Will you be pressing hash mostly?

Would something like this work in conjunction with an air compressor? Instead of using the hand pump and using the gauge installed on my Dake for pressure readings?

Yes but those can be very dangerous, so I'd advise extreme caution with your feet while operating your shop press with your hands!

Roger @dabpress.com has experience with these.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
The Eagle has landed!

at 6 minutes till 10pm, the box landed on my door. I got it into the shop, put the box on its side, took my trusty box cutter, and slit the lid....

and fuck, the slick mat was directly under the tape. I cut right threw it.:bang: Damn!

the rest of the unboxing was gloriously less tragic. I got everything unpacked and am totally impressed by the equipment! Excellent quality all around! I put the feet on, but am going to pretty much sit on my hands till I land a pump. Thanks for all the advice everyone, especially you Psycho:clap:. I am confident I landed with the best unit for my needs and am so excited to use it as soon as a pump is sourced!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
What were looking to do, and this should be an easy fix all for the gauge dilemma is to just build an adapter with a 10000 psi gauge integrated, then have it as an option for buyers. It will require a couple crescent wrenches and teflon tape to install.

The pumps and hoses seem easy enough to find, the affordable gauge not so much. You know Roger he's on this!
I’ll be pressing flowers periodically when in house flowers are harvested. We currently have 5 strains grown in house: Monster Cookies, Wedding Cake, Lemon OG, Apple Fritter and Chernobyl

Dangerous as in be careful not to squish your fingers?

Yes indeed! That's one of the best parts about a jack or pump is your hands are generally out of harms way.

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
The Eagle has landed!

at 6 minutes till 10pm, the box landed on my door. I got it into the shop, put the box on its side, took my trusty box cutter, and slit the lid....

and fuck, the slick mat was directly under the tape. I cut right threw it.:bang: Damn!

the rest of the unboxing was gloriously less tragic. I got everything unpacked and am totally impressed by the equipment! Excellent quality all around! I put the feet on, but am going to pretty much sit on my hands till I land a pump. Thanks for all the advice everyone, especially you Psycho:clap:. I am confident I landed with the best unit for my needs and am so excited to use it as soon as a pump is sourced!

I am sorry for that, and I will tell them to put the silicone mat inside of foam.

FOAMING MAD

so with these jacks with out the gauge. Just buy a T and a gauge. Take off the hose from the pump
end and put your T in. Just make sure that they are tight. This is what I did with the pump I got.
Do you have any links to your gauge and adapter?

I`m in Canada and I went to Princess Auto.ca

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I am rly tempted to go with a Enerpac Pump like the P-141 or the P-391,
the smaller unit (P-141) has 327ml capacity and pretty the same Oil Displacement Per Stroke
as the CP390 but is TINY (just 13" long)

Is that right and should work well to or am I wrong @Dabpress ?

Other Option would be the P-391 with much bigger capacity and an increased Oil Displacement Per Stroke
of 2,4 vs 0,9 (P141) / 1,0 (CP390) that would mean much less stroking at pretty the same (Pump) diameter as stock (CP390)

FYI Oil Displacement Per Stroke is how much oil u pushing in the cylinder per stroke, the higher the capacity the more the cylinder will be pushed out and therefore less strokes for. max pressure :)

Those are pretty expensive pumps but the smaller unit would be waaaay more handy and the beefier one save some time/power if I am right..?

I was thinking P141 would work but it's 1/4" NPT connector for the pump so you'd have to get some adapters perhaps to step down from 3/8" NPT

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
You are the bomb my man @psychonaut
you are doing one hell of a job helping the peeps round here out :D :D :D

Thanks a lot for rly taking a in-depth look at the pumps...i totally missed that,
one more step pointing me towards the P391...this also is the one i would be getting the best price
(..still above 300, no budget pump fyi :) )

gunmetalshark,
Reactions: psychonaut

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Top Bottom