Dabpress Rosin Plates

ColoVaper

Science...Whoo!
I pressed 16 grams of the golden goat tonight and it made 2 grams of some beautiful rosin. I think I’m at about 6000 psi on the gauge. I don’t know what that equals out to? Gotta to go get some flower tomorrow on the way home from work!

Edit: looked again I think 5000 is the spot I was hitting at the top.

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
To get actual pressure on puck values Roger will have to tell us
the Diameter of the hydr. cylinder from the new Driptech-AIO...here is a quote regarding the small SS AIO but i dont know if those have equal cylinder dia ..?

dabpress.com said:
1KG=14.95PSI=0.1MPa
So 8000PSI is 535kg/cm3

Diameter of hydraulic cylinder: 4.85cm
Square/cm = 18.46 cm3

So 8000psi ( read on gauge ) = 18.46 x 535 = 9878kg = 9.8 Ton = 21605 pounds

If 2x4" pre press mold, size of puck 2.57" x 3.34" = 8.58 sq/inch

Pressure on the puck: 21605 / 8.58 = 2518 psi

So I suggest, don't press over 8000psi to protect the machine and hydraulic pump.

In real life situation i would gradually increase pressure from squish to squish if u have settled on a specific
bag size and make notes when the bags starts to blow so u can stay a lil under that :)

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
To get actual pressure on puck values Roger will have to tell us
the Diameter of the hydr. cylinder from the new Driptech-AIO...here is a quote regarding the small SS AIO but i dont know if those have equal cylinder dia ..?

"1KG=14.95PSI=0.1MPa
So 8000PSI is 535kg/cm3

Diameter of hydraulic cylinder: 4.85cm
Square/cm = 18.46 cm3

So 8000psi ( read on gauge ) = 18.46 x 535 = 9878kg = 9.8 Ton = 21605 pounds

If 2x4" pre press mold, size of puck 2.57" x 3.34" = 8.58 sq/inch

Pressure on the puck: 21605 / 8.58 = 2518 psi

So I suggest, don't press over 8000psi to protect the machine and hydraulic pump."

In real life situation i would gradually increase pressure from squish to squish if u have settled on a specific
bag size and make notes when the bags starts to blow so u can stay a lil under that :)

Here some information on the hr10t35v cylinder, I need the cm2 volume of cylinder I believe? I've requested this from Roger @dabpress.com

Ram Diameter: 1.5"
Head on the ram: 1.9" in diameter
Height of the cylinder (incl ram): 5.6"
Height of the cylinder (below ram): 4.5"
Diameter of the cylinder: 2.5"

Perhaps we can figure out this portion of the formula?

Diameter of hydraulic cylinder: ?cm
Square/cm = ? cm3

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Hmm..i don't know...if 2,5" is right then..

Diameter of hydraulic cylinder: 6,35cm
Square/cm = 31,67 cm3

So 8000psi ( read on gauge ) = 31,67 x 535 = 16943,45 kg = 17 Ton = 37353 pounds
...seems I am getting something wrong here or it would be called 17ton drip tech :D :D :D

Thinking more about it as the handpump will always deliver 8000psi the diameter of the
cylinder must be the same as in the SS 10T AIO otherwise it would be more or less then the
stated 10 tons of force or am I wrong again...?

Thinking even more about it as both units share the same force AND identical plate diameter you can take the ol SS values 1:1

...i am rly stoned so it is rly possible that those are all brain farts..happy to hear more pov´s :) :D

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
The closest sized 10-ton cylinder I've found for retail sales is the enerpac RC-104, it is slightly larger than what we use in the hr10t35v but it is showing the Cylinder Effective Area as 14,5 cm2 so perhaps we are somewhere in the neighborhood by using this number.

https://www.enerpac.com/en-gb/general-purpose-cylinders/general-purpose-cylinder/RC104

Specs of this Enerpac RC-104 cylinder for reference purposes (not the same cylinder in hr10t35v)

Maximum Operating Pressure (bar)
Capacity Class (tonnage)
Maximum Cylinder Capacity Advance (kN)
Stroke (mm)
Collapsed Height A (mm)
Extended Height B (mm)
Return Type
Single-Acting, Spring Return
Plunger Type
Solid
Material
Steel
Cylinder Effective Area Advance (cm2)
Oil Capacity Advance (cm3)
Weight (kg)

Hoping Roger @dabpress.com will be able to get the relative specs on this cylinder to us so we can start doing proper calculations

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Alright, here's my "somewhere in the ballpark" PSI calculations assuming the Cylinder Effective Area is somewhere in the 14.5 cm/2 neighborhood. I've looked at a few cylinders that are all just a bit taller than what's used with the dabpress hr10t35v.

This is only my guess at this point
, but I think it's worth putting out there as it should be useful until the true data comes in!

1KG=14.95PSI=0.1MPa
So 8900PSI is 625kg/cm2

Diameter of hydraulic cylinder: ??cm
Square/cm = 14.5?

So 8900 psi ( read on gauge ) = 14.5? x 625 = 9062kg = 9.98 Ton = 19960 pounds

So lets say that you wanna apply 1500 PSI to an 8 sq/in puck made using 2x4" pre-press mold, you need 12000 pounds of pressure.

5437 PSI on gauge = 14.5? x 375 = 5443kg = 6 tons = 12000 pounds

For a 1.75" cylinder shaped puck from using 30mm pre-press mold, 2.4 sq/in at 1500 PSI you need 3600 pounds of pressure.

1593 PSI on gauge = 14.5 x 112 = 1633kg = 1.8 tons = 3600 pounds

For a 2.5" cylinder shaped puck from using 40mm pre-press mold, 4.9 sq/in at 1500 PSI you need 7350 pounds of pressure.

3280 PSI on gauge = 14.5 x 230 = 3335kg = 3.67 tons = 7350 pounds

Useful links -

PSI to kg cm/2 chart - https://www.sensorsone.com/psi-to-kg-cm2-conversion-table/

I hope I didnt screw any of that math up, I'm a bit out of my element with this but think it's correct?

Basically you will want to figure out the sq/in of your puck size, which means generally you'll have a pre-press mold or filter to contain the puck. The 30mm mold will flatten out to approx 1.75" (2.4 sq/in) round puck, the 40mm will flatten out to about 2.5" (4.9 sq/in). Rectangle pucks are easier math, length x width = sq/in puck size.

@JCat likes his rosin at 1500 PSI and it is definitely a sweet spot, can obviously press higher or lower pressure depending on your preference, but for the sake of giving PSI for buds without overpressing 1500 PSI is a nice spot.

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I thought higher pressure allowed one to flow at lower temps, is that true?

I also saw the DP80 is only $160!?!?

That is a tremendous discount!
Is this model just not as advanced as the newest hydraulic models with drip tech? Does it produce less yield?

I just got paid today and was going to jump into the 10t while the cyber sales week was still on, but wondering if I should be considering this low cost option instead.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep

Hmm, there are a lot of variables, including how dense your material is. I'd be curious to hear more on this.

Is this model just not as advanced as the newest hydraulic models with drip tech? Does it produce less yield?

I just got paid today and was going to jump into the 10t while the cyber sales week was still on, but wondering if I should be considering this low cost option instead.

dp80 requires a separate air compressor to operate. It has limitations such as timers for how long the press goes. Adjusting the pressure is a lil more awkward as you have to turn up or down your air compressor's PSI. It is designed to press 1-2g of bud effectively.

For someone who doesn't wanna press much buds, and already has an air compressor, it's a nice value since it's a self contained unit. But for someone who doesn't have an air compressor, you're looking at almost the cost of the bj3t33 which will deliver a lot more PSI and take up a lot less space.

The 10t is probably the best value if that's in your budget, dont forget the pump is an extra $80 and also currently backordered 3-8 days.

Otherwise I think the bj6t35 and bj3t33 are both good values too if you don't necessarily need 10 tons.

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
The closest sized 10-ton cylinder I've found for retail sales is the enerpac RC-104, it is slightly larger than what we use in the hr10t35v but it is showing the Cylinder Effective Area as 14,5 cm2 so perhaps we are somewhere in the neighborhood by using this number.

https://www.enerpac.com/en-gb/general-purpose-cylinders/general-purpose-cylinder/RC104

Specs of this Enerpac RC-104 cylinder for reference purposes (not the same cylinder in hr10t35v)

Maximum Operating Pressure (bar)
Capacity Class (tonnage)
Maximum Cylinder Capacity Advance (kN)
Stroke (mm)
Collapsed Height A (mm)
Extended Height B (mm)
Return Type
Single-Acting, Spring Return
Plunger Type
Solid
Material
Steel
Cylinder Effective Area Advance (cm2)
Oil Capacity Advance (cm3)
Weight (kg)

Hoping Roger @dabpress.com will be able to get the relative specs on this cylinder to us so we can start doing proper calculations

I will offer specification of the hydraulic cylinder by Monday. Thank you!

Since we have the complaints from the rosineer, Top or bottom heat plates don't work anymore.

After doing more research, We found it happened on RELAYS of the unit. ( Not happening for each unit)

I don't wanna still offer them as a high-quality product, I need to tell the buyer truth before buying.

Honestly, it is very easy to be repaired. $159 is the attractive price, Even though I lost my pants.

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Happy Saturday FC!

hr10t35v FC release promo is finished. Thank you for making this release a success! I wanna say I counted about 8 members on FC who have purchased hr10t35v, lotta new European rosineers!

We've extended the 10% off coupon code DABPRESS-10 to help save rosineers money for the holiday season. I dunno how long this coupon code will be running so enjoy the extra savings while they last!

The strongway pump at Northern Tool and Equipment is still backordered online 3-8 days though you should still be able to get your press setup before the holidays! Seems there was a run on pumps :D

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Want to start with a huge thank you to Roger (@dabpress.com) and @psychonaut for bringing these presses to market and for the outstanding customer care. My questions where answered promptly and honestly and the entire purchase was quick and smooth. Got the 10T driptech press setup last night for it's maiden voyage and ran a 4g puck of some sour tangie. Had a couple friends over - noobz to the rosin/dab scene - and they were blown away. I was too excited and forgot to collect and weigh the result until we had dabbed away over half of it in one of Shane's (@710Coils) bangers, but I estimate around 0.7g. I pressed for about 3.5m @195F.

mephisto

Just invested in the hr10t35v, and I have the Strongway pump w/ gauge shipping from Northern Tool. My question is about the fitment for the pump to the press. Will the 1/4 fittings mate right to the press or is there a need to adapt to 3/8. Thank you @psychonaut and fellow rosineers for your contributions. I am very excite to get away from the flame powered forge and get to squishing with the Dabpress! Happy squeezin' y'all.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Want to start with a huge thank you to Roger (@dabpress.com) and @psychonaut for bringing these presses to market and for the outstanding customer care. My questions where answered promptly and honestly and the entire purchase was quick and smooth. Got the 10T driptech press setup last night for it's maiden voyage and ran a 4g puck of some sour tangie. Had a couple friends over - noobz to the rosin/dab scene - and they were blown away. I was too excited and forgot to collect and weigh the result until we had dabbed away over half of it in one of Shane's (@710Coils) bangers, but I estimate around 0.7g. I pressed for about 3.5m @195F.

Very nice! What did you think of the effects and flavor? We're glad to have you as a customer :tup:

Got my order in as well!
Thank you all for your help, I am so excited!!!

I forgot to ask... how are the metered containers on the dab press site?
Is anyone using them? Are they accurate?

Thanks for your order! I'm excited for you as well :D

The RH container is not 100% air tight so smells will leak out, they work good to preserve the buds using two-way humidipacks but personally I think a glass mason jar is a better choice as it seems more air tight. I've not tried the black ceramic container with cork lid yet personally.

+1..

Most outstanding cs experience I've had to date. Thx again Roger.

Thanks for that! We're trying hard even though communications aren't always easy using translators.

Just invested in the hr10t35v, and I have the Strongway pump w/ gauge shipping from Northern Tool. My question is about the fitment for the pump to the press. Will the 1/4 fittings mate right to the press or is there a need to adapt to 3/8. Thank you @psychonaut and fellow rosineers for your contributions. I am very excite to get away from the flame powered forge and get to squishing with the Dabpress! Happy squeezin' y'all.

The strongway pump fits out of the box. The female coupler installed in the back of the cylinder of hr10t35v is the 1/4" NPT female coupler (aka ZG 1/4"). We do include the male fitting as well just in case a rosineer is building their own pump or wants to change the fitting to work with hr10t35v. We still have 3/8" couplers for those who want that but it's less desirable due to the cost of the gear that pairs with that size.

We look forward to your pressings! :leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf:

MinnBobber

The RH container is not 100% air tight so smells will leak out, they work good to preserve the buds using two-way humidipacks but personally I think a glass mason jar is a better choice as it seems more air tight. I've not tried the black ceramic container with cork lid yet personally.
Roger is always looking to improve every product. If he re-thinks the container, I'd like to see one with a vacuum plug in the cover, where you use any $10 home hand pump to lay down a vacuum.
IMO, you don't need temp or RH as temp is "room temp" and RH is whatever Boveda % you use.

One could also use/sell that as a bulk tea storage unit (SS with vacuum) to all the zillions of tea drinkers.....

Top Bottom