Da Buddha

arb

Semi shaved ape
@PPN I have mostly good memeries with my DBV apart form the multiple heater cover breakages that made me to give up on it,but i think design got tweaked since then. Careful with the tolerance though,those big bowls can really fuck it up. Also did you get the Oil kit ?
You can also try direct hit without a whip ,taste is great !
That quartz oil kit makes for the best enail we have.
Same exact performance without any of the dangers.
👍

arb,
Reactions: Vitolo

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Hi, I received yesterday a DBV and a SSV, from my reads here I was already convinced this vapes was very good but I can say I was surprised by the power of this vapes! I just finished 2 back to back bowls with the DBV (sunday morning wake&bake!), a blend of Guillotine (not Auto)/GranDaddy Confidential and I'm high as f*!

For now I only used the ground glass joint, is the others wand/heater cover options are better for some situations?I believe it's better to take just a hit without to let everything to be slowly roasted like with the 18mm ground glass joint wand... I have the spherical ground glass joint and the standard also...
Is the SSV wands/HC are fully compatible with the DBV?

What is your favourite temp spot? I had one dry DBV bowl at 6 o'clock (killed the bowl in 4-5 hits I believe) and another with water filtration at 7 o'clock.... I didn't realized the power of this vape, I have to set the temp lower for next bowls.... I'm totally in the wizard:freak: (idk if it's the right wording), my bad, I have an article to write....

Have High!

A DBV was my first serious vape (my first ever vape was a MFLB. The DBV was after that).

It's a fantastic vape. Though, I've acquired a SSV since then, and I've not pulled out my DBV since then, because the SSV is superior in my opinion. However, I'd still pull out the DBV along side the SSV if I had friends over and we need multiple vapes. I still like my DBV, and have no intention to sell it.

As far as favorite spot on the dial, that can and will vary from vape to vape, and person to person with all these 7th Floor Vapes because 1) every ceramic heating rod is unique and may need a slightly different amount of power to achieve the same temp. 2) the knob can be moved. I know I've removed mine and pressed it back on to change the on/off point to where I wanted it to be at. I've also removed and re-pressed on the knob to have my desired average starting temp at noon. So it can vary. And 3) Each user's preferred draw speed can drastically effect the temp they prefer to set the dial at. People that prefer to draw at higher speeds will want a higher temp setting than people who prefer to draw at lower speeds, for example. But that's not even the only factor. Grind style can effect this, as well as the type of hit and flavor profile you prefer.

I suggest first starting low (less than noon), and see the flavor you get and how high you have to go in order to get the minimum level of vapor production you prefer (experiment with different grinds and draw speeds as well). Then, over time, and when you're in the mood to really crush it, experiment with higher temps and different draw speeds till you find the highest temp you are comfortable with, and you find the boundary that causes combustion (everybody should find where that line is). After that, you can adjust those factors (temp setting, grind type, draw speed, how full the bowl is and how you pack it, how long you draw for, etc) and find the perfect temp range and technique for you.

That's what's so wonderful about these more manual vaporizers. There are so many factors you can play with (which you have no control over in a much more regulated vape) to customize the experience to your personal liking.

Wanna see some real-cheap ghetto-stoner mod for a DBV? Shortly after I'd gotten mine several years ago, I made this little piece to hang off the side of mine out of a wire clothes-hanger. lol. However, it worked surprisingly well, and I still have that. (I'd love to get some sort of exotic wood piece made by one of our makers here to replace the wire thing). So yes, experiment away with whatever works!

v6c-Rp-RRPen-Eicrn-Fk-A1g-thumb-185.jpg

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
For now I'm using mainly the DBV, at first I tried the SSV once with great success also but I'll continue its testing later and stick with the DBV for now.
Thank you @Ramahs , nice stand for your whip!

That quartz oil kit makes for the best enail we have.
Same exact performance without any of the dangers.
👍
Great, I'll have to grab a EO kit though!

Yes @Abysmal Vapor I quickly tried direct dry hits and it's nice and tasty, although I'm surprised how neutral in taste the whip is, the only other whip I had which was so "clean" is the one from the HerbalAire. And I agree about the tolerance thing although I don't think the load to be so big and I managed to vape rather small amounts also (but not microdosing for sure!). The spherical ground glass wand seems to allow bigger loads, I still not tried it.

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
A DBV was my first serious vape (my first ever vape was a MFLB. The DBV was after that).

It's a fantastic vape. Though, I've acquired a SSV since then, and I've not pulled out my DBV since then, because the SSV is superior in my opinion. However, I'd still pull out the DBV along side the SSV if I had friends over and we need multiple vapes. I still like my DBV, and have no intention to sell it.

As far as favorite spot on the dial, that can and will vary from vape to vape, and person to person with all these 7th Floor Vapes because 1) every ceramic heating rod is unique and may need a slightly different amount of power to achieve the same temp. 2) the knob can be moved. I know I've removed mine and pressed it back on to change the on/off point to where I wanted it to be at. I've also removed and re-pressed on the knob to have my desired average starting temp at noon. So it can vary. And 3) Each user's preferred draw speed can drastically effect the temp they prefer to set the dial at. People that prefer to draw at higher speeds will want a higher temp setting than people who prefer to draw at lower speeds, for example. But that's not even the only factor. Grind style can effect this, as well as the type of hit and flavor profile you prefer.

I suggest first starting low (less than noon), and see the flavor you get and how high you have to go in order to get the minimum level of vapor production you prefer (experiment with different grinds and draw speeds as well). Then, over time, and when you're in the mood to really crush it, experiment with higher temps and different draw speeds till you find the highest temp you are comfortable with, and you find the boundary that causes combustion (everybody should find where that line is). After that, you can adjust those factors (temp setting, grind type, draw speed, how full the bowl is and how you pack it, how long you draw for, etc) and find the perfect temp range and technique for you.

That's what's so wonderful about these more manual vaporizers. There are so many factors you can play with (which you have no control over in a much more regulated vape) to customize the experience to your personal liking.

Wanna see some real-cheap ghetto-stoner mod for a DBV? Shortly after I'd gotten mine several years ago, I made this little piece to hang off the side of mine out of a wire clothes-hanger. lol. However, it worked surprisingly well, and I still have that. (I'd love to get some sort of exotic wood piece made by one of our makers here to replace the wire thing). So yes, experiment away with whatever works!

v6c-Rp-RRPen-Eicrn-Fk-A1g-thumb-185.jpg
Nice !!!!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Nice !!!!

I love 7th Floor's vapes. The simplicity is where it's at!
I just hate that the Life Saber was discontinued before I could get one new.

Having said that...I just looked at the elevateglassgallery website, and it looks like they are available for purchase! Did you decide to make the Life Saber available again, or is this just residuals after discontinuing the product?

Or am I completely wrong about these being recently announced as discontinued?

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I love 7th Floor's vapes. The simplicity is where it's at!
I just hate that the Life Saber was discontinued before I could get one new.

Having said that...I just looked at the elevateglassgallery website, and it looks like they are available for purchase! Did you decide to make the Life Saber available again, or is this just residuals after discontinuing the product?

Or am I completely wrong about these being recently announced as discontinued?
We are ending it, but you can still get one here https://www.elev8glassgallery.com/life-saber-vehicle-1/. We will be ending it when parts are gone. While we love it, we feel the SSV or DBV is safer in the long run.

arb

Semi shaved ape
For now I'm using mainly the DBV, at first I tried the SSV once with great success also but I'll continue its testing later and stick with the DBV for now.
Thank you @Ramahs , nice stand for your whip!

Great, I'll have to grab a EO kit though!

Yes @Abysmal Vapor I quickly tried direct dry hits and it's nice and tasty, although I'm surprised how neutral in taste the whip is, the only other whip I had which was so "clean" is the one from the HerbalAire. And I agree about the tolerance thing although I don't think the load to be so big and I managed to vape rather small amounts also (but not microdosing for sure!). The spherical ground glass wand seems to allow bigger loads, I still not tried it.

004.jpg

Sets up nice my only complaint is the downwards angle where the whip attaches.

VapurrDo

at one point I had all my wands stored simply along with the heater cover.. or Held around the buddha with some elastics. Your hanger from a coat hanger is just so obvious, I should have thought of that... all my hangers are plastic here... I might have to find the last metal one LOL

004.jpg

Sets up nice my only complaint is the downwards angle where the whip attaches.
Hey arb, did your buddha come with that ssb base? I guess you switched it?

snamuh

ghost
Havent been on fc in awhile...

Just wanted to say... Ive been using da buddah as my daily driver for before bed.

I changed my technique... I used to do slow draws with tight packs.

Now i suck up the herb and dont pack at all. They i draw fairly fast. I dont purposefully draw slow anymore. The result is even vaporization... And clouds.

Also i havent been using the quarts heater cover.

Im regretting not getting the ssv. Maybe one day ill get an ssv2...

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Yes,
Havent been on fc in awhile...

Just wanted to say... Ive been using da buddah as my daily driver for before bed.

I changed my technique... I used to do slow draws with tight packs.

Now i suck up the herb and dont pack at all. They i draw fairly fast. I dont purposefully draw slow anymore. The result is even vaporization... And clouds.

Also i havent been using the quarts heater cover.

Nice! there are a lot of ways to costume! Let us know when you are ready, and if you get a SSV, you may want to get the full artistic version. We also have a new dab dish for the vapes if you do concentrates?

Our wands all have the ridge inside to stop the screen. Again, our wands are not standard joints. You can get cheaper, but be aware the struggle of putting in a screen with no ridge. Easy to say it will work. You can always use raw parts, but when you get a part that is made for what it is intended to do, it will work better.
Do u guys have a longer wand for da buddha or can I add additional glass to make it longer. I saw a long sherlock type wand for the ssv

Wheredthetastego,

VapurrDo

Why that? I hit on a friend's SSV regularly and it has nothing that the buddha doesnt have ;) his has the spherical, mine has a standard hands free. both these formats can be pack in a way that the whole herb gets cooked in a couple of hits, and thick clouds are made, the key is having a slow draw at first, then a faster draw to finish the puff... and its good to turn the bucket a bit while hitting (like 60 degree at a time, back and forth)

VapurrDo,
Not me I've been looking at buddha, ssv or e nano. I've only used a whip a few times and it tasted like silicone. Only thing holding me back on 7th floor. I currently own a dc elev8r and torch driven elev8r. Love them but they kill my stash. Does the silicone taste go away quickly or at all?

Wheredthetastego,

hoptimum

Not me I've been looking at buddha, ssv or e nano. I've only used a whip a few times and it tasted like silicone. Only thing holding me back on 7th floor. I currently own a dc elev8r and torch driven elev8r. Love them but they kill my stash. Does the silicone taste go away quickly or at all?
Do you also taste plastic in draft beer?

hoptimum,

howie105

You might consider the LSV, all the power of the Buddha or the Surfer, and it comes with a nice long glass stem. With the addition of a basket screen you can drop the LSV load size to a range similar to that of E-Nano. As to silicone there are two factors to consider, individual sensitivity and maintenance. There is little one can do about sensitivity except getting used to it, but clean silicone whips are much nicer to use.

howie105,
Reactions: hoptimum

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Why that? I hit on a friend's SSV regularly and it has nothing that the buddha doesnt have ;) his has the spherical, mine has a standard hands free. both these formats can be pack in a way that the whole herb gets cooked in a couple of hits, and thick clouds are made, the key is having a slow draw at first, then a faster draw to finish the puff... and its good to turn the bucket a bit while hitting (like 60 degree at a time, back and forth)
The SSV does have a little more flare with the hand made glass knob. Also, I do feel the angle of the dangle is important. It is not a big deal, but gravity is your friend with the SSV. The spherical will never get stuck and with the HFA on the SSV, it truly locks. That is about the differences, but I feel are very important. Thanks for the support!!

I can assure you that our tubing is food grade and used in food all the time. There is no silicon taste, we use food-grade vinyl. We also can make any kind of wand so you do not need tubing. we call it the all glass pathway

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Ya, the epic e-nano is a good vap, as long as you don't want quality workmanship or customer service. If you are going to get an E-nano get it from Planet of the vaps, pete's sneaky shop, or vgoodies. Buying EPIC Vaporizer from the company is a mistake if you are treated like they did me, after they get your money from you.
I can tell you that if there can only be one, is should be a SSV. You can also diffuse oils with it, as well as it can be super sexy.

SSV_Steve_Elev8,
Reactions: Flow
I can tell you that if there can only be one, is should be a SSV. You can also diffuse oils with it, as well as it can be super sexy.
Ssv may be in my future also I figured I have a dc elev8r which is prob a similiar experience. Only the whip held me back and it Kinda looked like a pain in the ass to direct hit with a stem. Just doest seem like I could comfortably hold it and use a st like the e nano. I bought mine used

Wheredthetastego,

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Ssv may be in my future also I figured I have a dc elev8r which is prob a similiar experience. Only the whip held me back and it Kinda looked like a pain in the ass to direct hit with a stem. Just doest seem like I could comfortably hold it and use a st like the e nano. I bought mine used
The Elev8r is a great alternative. I like the whip because there is no hot thing to burn anything. This is also nice on some small rigs, no heat by your face.

SSV_Steve_Elev8,

Flow

SSV is Rock solid, sexy, no design flaws, glass path hand-made, and Sooooo potent !!!
As a beginner, wanting to switch from combustion, i decided to go with a workhorse as my daily driver and Booom !
This is my greatest choice, and this is THE device i was looking for.
I bet anyone who go for it won't regret it !

Top Bottom