Da Buddha

Spin0620

So I bought DaBudda a couple of weeks ago on eBay used. I couldn't get any good vape out of it. I tried long slow hits and fast quick hits. The heater was working as it should. Finally figured it out..... You gotta let it warm up longer then 5 minutes. I think 20 minutes. 🤦 But that did it as I was wrecked after that. Hits like a tank 😳🤪

coolbreeze

So I bought DaBudda a couple of weeks ago on eBay used. I couldn't get any good vape out of it. I tried long slow hits and fast quick hits. The heater was working as it should. Finally figured it out..... You gotta let it warm up longer then 5 minutes. I think 20 minutes. 🤦 But that did it as I was wrecked after that. Hits like a tank 😳🤪
It's a great vape. It's versatile, powerful, and tasty despite the whip. Get or assemble something like a transfer wand and try direct hits if you're chasing flavors.

hoptimum

In my experience, a 5 minute heat up is plenty. If you crave bigger hits, add ruby beads.

Spin0620

Now that I've been playing with this I love it! I find I like to pull it out after every hit, always keeping my hand on the wand. I like the control and can be used as an on demand by just pulling the wand out. This sounds really really dirty 🤦🤣

MechFam

Any advice re: how full the heater cover should be w Ruby beads? I currently have a combo of 3mm near the bottom and 4mm up top. The smaller surround the rod near the base and in front of the rod while the larger fill space behind the rod and near the top of the heater cover. It’s packed tightly enough that, If I give it a shake, there is slight play in the beads but it’s not like shaking a maraca. When heated, is There a large risk of the Ruby expanding and cracking the heater cover (e.g. like if torching a Ruby filled Elev8r)? Although the heating would be slower than w torch (similar to DC style elev8r) Has this happened to anyone before?

MechFam,

coolbreeze

Any advice re: how full the heater cover should be w Ruby beads? I currently have a combo of 3mm near the bottom and 4mm up top. The smaller surround the rod near the base and in front of the rod while the larger fill space behind the rod and near the top of the heater cover. It’s packed tightly enough that, If I give it a shake, there is slight play in the beads but it’s not like shaking a maraca. When heated, is There a large risk of the Ruby expanding and cracking the heater cover (e.g. like if torching a Ruby filled Elev8r)? Although the heating would be slower than w torch (similar to DC style elev8r) Has this happened to anyone before?
I think if there's some obvious give or rattle, there's some room for expansion, and you'd probably be ok? I've never heard of one breaking like that--in fact the only real failure I'm familiar with is Troy's--but better safe than sorry in terms of your build.

Not sure what to tell you about the rest. I have never fully committed to a build because of that top screen situation, but I have been running the mini-hack with rubies in the neck only. It seems to broaden the heat column, or something. Slightly better results at a slightly lower temp.

Last edited:
coolbreeze,
Reactions: MechFam

hoptimum

more likely is the beads binding to the ceramic rod. I've had that happen.

coolbreeze

I have been running the mini-hack with rubies in the neck only
Turned it down to 11 and put a basket screen in and wow! I couldn't even tell it was powered on it it was so cool, and then I blew out a huge cloud! And the taste was fantastic! Just a couple simple tricks and it's even better than ever. I feel this is still one of the best desktops available--I can only imagine the power of the full mod!

The only thing that would make this better (whips notwithstanding) is a one-piece Sandcastle-style heater mass built into the heater cover, and some elegant direct-wand like the SSV's.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: MechFam

coolbreeze

Looking to get the DBV or the SSV and add the ball mod on.
Should I go for the DBV or the SSV?
Works with both, but afaik it's easier/better with the SSV. The DBV (and presumably the SSV) is still powerful enough without the mod, but I've kept my half-mod because it seems more productive at lower temps.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: hoptimum

Flow

May i add Elev8 has a native solution for these "balls"…
They sell a small pure quartz glass sleeve for the heater and this add thermal mass to the device.;)
easy and convenient to use. I put mine on low temp, a good heat soak (for 10 minutes) and you have a very terppy vaping experience !

howie105

How does a ball modded SSV/DBV compare to something like a KoilBoi Ball Vape / B0 / TiTi / Pinky?
I modded an LSV and have a baller Elev8r and found them comparable, but there are differences.
The PID makes heat management with the Elev8r easier.
The ergonomics of the all-in-one LSV package are nicer to use.
Hit wise, with the .06 loads I use with both, they perform equally well.

I modded an LSV and have a baller Elev8r and found them comparable, but there are differences.
The PID makes heat management with the Elev8r easier.
The ergonomics of the all-in-one LSV package are nicer to use.
Hit wise, with the .06 loads I use with both, they perform equally well.
Thanks for the input !

zozobrahshemast,

MechFam

How does a ball modded SSV/DBV compare to something like a KoilBoi Ball Vape / B0 / TiTi / Pinky?
I have a ruby ball modded DBV w the special DDave wand and I enjoy it much more than the Elev8r, TiTi, and other ball injection vapes. W the DBV between 10 and 11 o’clock and a DDave wand I can get big clouds and 1 hit extraction from 1/4 tsp of material and stay well-medicated for 3-6 hours. the low temp, tastiness, cloudiness, and effectiveness of the DBV makes it my go-to. Plus, less risk of burns from exposed coils. Also, my DBV has been running strong for 14 years w only 1 heater change.

Top Bottom