• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Da Buddha

VapurrDo

there are two versions, some have no ridge in them to hold a screen, others do (seems like its 50/50, but no ridge works too).

The main sell points is the low price (1-3$ a wand) and the choice of colors. I have black, matte white, orange, blue, green, transparent ones :)

VapurrDo,
Reactions: arb

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Our wands all have the ridge inside to stop the screen. Again, our wands are not standard joints. You can get cheaper, but be aware the struggle of putting in a screen with no ridge. Easy to say it will work. You can always use raw parts, but when you get a part that is made for what it is intended to do, it will work better.

curiouscat

Installed the Dimmer switch repair kit from Elev8 last night and popped 300 3mm ruby terp pearls in the heater cover and yay my DBV43 is back and better than ever!

I still keep the power on the lowest though which will thoroughly take full loads to a dark brown in one or two hits. I would like to run some sort of variable voltage between the device and power strip to get more of a functional temperature range with the dial.

The main thing I noticed with this mod is the speed of extraction is unmatched by anything I've seen so far, maybe the Supreme vaporizer matches it. But the thermal mass is very powerful when modded and fully heatsoaked, blows my beaded Elev8r out of the water in terms of speed of extraction and potency.

Also, it requires no technique whatsoever and always provides great results without combustion, no matter the draw speed. This is great as my friends would combust frequently with the stock Da Buddha when they came over but now they can just grip it and rip it!

VapurrDo

You can get cheaper, but be aware the struggle of putting in a screen with no ridge.
The worse is if the screen flips because no ridge, while a good load is in there :p It holds better if a bit of resin is on the glass so it sticks on it. I used broken 7th floor wands this way too, with a screen only holding at the tip, it permits to vape at a much lower temp because the load gets closer to the element :D
the speed of extraction is unmatched by anything I've seen so far,
have you tried to hook the buddha on a gravity bong setup? (dial the temp down before, as it really pulls all the juice out of the herb, if you get the correct pull/raise the bottle at the correct speed) :)

Last edited:
VapurrDo,
Reactions: Flow

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Installed the Dimmer switch repair kit from Elev8 last night and popped 300 3mm ruby terp pearls in the heater cover and yay my DBV43 is back and better than ever!

I still keep the power on the lowest though which will thoroughly take full loads to a dark brown in one or two hits. I would like to run some sort of variable voltage between the device and power strip to get more of a functional temperature range with the dial.

The main thing I noticed with this mod is the speed of extraction is unmatched by anything I've seen so far, maybe the Supreme vaporizer matches it. But the thermal mass is very powerful when modded and fully heatsoaked, blows my beaded Elev8r out of the water in terms of speed of extraction and potency.

Also, it requires no technique whatsoever and always provides great results without combustion, no matter the draw speed. This is great as my friends would combust frequently with the stock Da Buddha when they came over but now they can just grip it and rip it!
Nice! I have not seen the ruby pearls. I do know the ceramic heater has the same crystalline structure as a ruby, so hope they do not stick to the heater. They do make light dimmers you could potentially use to lower it more. I do feel at the lowest temp it should be really hard to get brown, but again I have not tried the pearls. I do feel I am like you, as an owner I run mine hot, then forget to lower it for my friends, making a not so good time. This does seem like a good thing.

Rab

I just found an essential oils kit hiding in a bookshelf from a very long time ago. I put the bowl on top of my DBV and added a few drops of eucalyptus oil. Now my room smells heavenly, and my sinus is being cleared. I never thought about using it, or aromatherapy in general for this before, but it is just lovely. It gets rid of the weed smell too, not that I mind it.

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I just found an essential oils kit hiding in a bookshelf from a very long time ago. I put the bowl on top of my DBV and added a few drops of eucalyptus oil. Now my room smells heavenly, and my sinus is being cleared. I never thought about using it, or aromatherapy in general for this before, but it is just lovely. It gets rid of the weed smell too, not that I mind it.
Nice! Just another added feature only Elev8 vapes offer. Thanks for your support!

VapurrDo

I use a small orange 3 inch gardening plates on top of the buddha, its a bit like the aromathery plate that seventh floor sells but a couple cents each instead of maybe 20$... Its kinda a multifunction tray... bud can be put there so it decarbs the weed a bit while I vape a dryer bud, or essential oils/herbs for a nice smell :)

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I use a small orange 3 inch gardening plates on top of the buddha, its a bit like the aromathery plate that seventh floor sells but a couple cents each instead of maybe 20$... Its kinda a multifunction tray... bud can be put there so it decarbs the weed a bit while I vape a dryer bud, or essential oils/herbs for a nice smell :)
Nice, the herb does have to get pretty warm to decarboxylase. Do you know your leftover duff is the perfect edible? Our new aroma tops are made from boro, so we are excited about that!

SSV_Steve_Elev8,
Reactions: VapurrDo

pinetrrizzle

in case anyone out there is wanting to x43 their dbv, hope this can help...

i bought a used unit on r/entx and replaced the heating rod (bought from 7F) which had taking a beating and had some soda-lime glass fused to it... filled it with about 160 of the 3mm boro beads, and going past 12:45 is risky business... two hits and loads are nearly fully and evenly extracted with a little stir. giant, tasty, smooth clouds using a wpa. i've removed the boro balls a few times and inspected them and the rod, and all looks good.

i bought the items below, and am very happy. these were recommended on one of the threads here, but figured i'd toss out the links again for ease and since it's now 2021. thanks to those who pointed to the materials in the first place. at first i tried some si3ni4 bearings someone had linked, but i thought the taste was terrible, which also concerned me health-wise. also tried some recommended silicone tubing linked on amazon, and that was a mistake...

silicone tubing
3mm boro beads

210212 - dbv43-1.JPG210212 - dbv43-2.JPG

Last edited:

pinetrrizzle

what do these beads do ? disperse heat better?
in this case they act as a heat sink and effectively deliver more heat than the rod can do on its own. without the beads i'd be around 3 o'clock and it would take quite a few pulls to fully extract the wand, if i was able to. with the beads i'm around 12:30 and it takes 2-3 draws, tops. i will say this is purely for my personal preference - i'm sure a lot of people prefer the dbv/ssv as they are.

google ssv43 or g43 - troy has a good video explaining the mod.

pinetrrizzle,

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
in this case they act as a heat sink and effectively deliver more heat than the rod can do on its own. without the beads i'd be around 3 o'clock and it would take quite a few pulls to fully extract the wand, if i was able to. with the beads i'm around 12:30 and it takes 2-3 draws, tops. i will say this is purely for my personal preference - i'm sure a lot of people prefer the dbv/ssv as they are.

google ssv43 or g43 - troy has a good video explaining the mod.
We do have a new enhancer if you like to run at lower temps. It is a quartz tube, we feel the beads are dangerous and can cause injury if they fall out. https://www.elev8glassgallery.com/quartz-heater-enhancement-tube/

pinetrrizzle

pinetrrizzle,
Reactions: KidFated.

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
well dang, didn't know about that a few months ago when i put this together... that looks awesome!

and you're totally right about the bead safety without any permanent enclosure...got a few melted to a rug a few days ago... snip snip
Either way you have it good to go it sounds like! Have a sweet day!

More thermal mass means less of a temperature drop when the vape is hit, downside it takes longer to heat up the extra mass.
Really, with a SSV, leave it on all the time, so its always good. Not much heat up time. or same as a DBV

howie105

Really, with a SSV, leave it on all the time, so its always good. Not much heat up time. or same as a DBV
No really, because of my limited station space I only have room for one 24/7 vape and at the moment that's an E-Nano. However, I am reassured that the Surfer and the Buddha could fill a similar role.

howie105,
Reactions: Chainfish

pinetrrizzle

No really, because of my limited station space I only have room for one 24/7 vape and at the moment that's an E-Nano. However, I am reassured that the Surfer and the Buddha could fill a similar role.
when i'm home it's basically always on... tiny footprint for my desk without screaming paraphernalia. always ready for an on-demand draw. since it's only around 12:30 on the dial, it's hardly hot a few inches above the heater cover, which is also nice.

i'm still convinced the house will burn down the minute i leave with the dbv still turned on, so i always turn it off and unplug it... but when i'm home...

pinetrrizzle,
Reactions: Chainfish

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
when i'm home it's basically always on... tiny footprint for my desk without screaming paraphernalia. always ready for an on-demand draw. since it's only around 12:30 on the dial, it's hardly hot a few inches above the heater cover, which is also nice.

i'm still convinced the house will burn down the minute i leave with the dbv still turned on, so i always turn it off and unplug it... but when i'm home...

Smart plugs are great for that. If you forget to turn it off when you leave the house, you can turn it off remotely from the app on your phone. And, you can turn it on from the app on your phone remotely, on your way home, to make sure it's had the ten minutes or so it needs to heat soak and be ready for you when you arrive.

pinetrrizzle

Smart plugs are great for that. If you forget to turn it off when you leave the house, you can turn it off remotely from the app on your phone. And, you can turn it on from the app on your phone remotely, on your way home, to make sure it's had the ten minutes or so it needs to heat soak and be ready for you when you arrive.
but then i still have to trust the plug... in all seriousness though, i like the way you think, and it's probably time i looked into one of those...

pinetrrizzle,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
but then i still have to trust the plug... in all seriousness though, i like the way you think, and it's probably time i looked into one of those...

It is what it is. I find them extremely convenient.

Ramahs,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I received yesterday a DBV and a SSV, from my reads here I was already convinced this vapes was very good but I can say I was surprised by the power of this vapes! I just finished 2 back to back bowls with the DBV (sunday morning wake&bake!), a blend of Guillotine (not Auto)/GranDaddy Confidential and I'm high as f*!

For now I only used the ground glass joint, is the others wand/heater cover options are better for some situations?I believe it's better to take just a hit without to let everything to be slowly roasted like with the 18mm ground glass joint wand... I have the spherical ground glass joint and the standard also...
Is the SSV wands/HC are fully compatible with the DBV?

What is your favourite temp spot? I had one dry DBV bowl at 6 o'clock (killed the bowl in 4-5 hits I believe) and another with water filtration at 7 o'clock.... I didn't realized the power of this vape, I have to set the temp lower for next bowls.... I'm totally in the wizard:freak: (idk if it's the right wording), my bad, I have an article to write....

Have High!

PPN,
  • Love
Reactions: arb

Flow

2 bowls, back to back… ok, now you're high ! ;D

I have an SSV, i like ground glass wand and the Ddave mod. I do love to use a stem with small baskets for micro dosing.
As i shatered my factory ground glass wand, I've found a link on this forum to get stems with a 14 and a 19 mm male ground glass joint, and i choose wether i go for the small basket or the big one (the big one is nearly half of the "stock" wand...)

I although did put my SSV on Steroïds : i added a glass stem on the glowing rod. When my SSV is hot, i hit it around 7 or 8 O'Clock.. Small fast'n big draws (3 - 4 sec') on the SSV and then i finish inhaling through the whip. I get massive flavors AND clouds this way, and many rips too !
Go on Elev8 website, they do offer this "upgrade" even if not needed… in fact i think it gives my SSV more temp stabilitiy when i inhale. (and you'll find a link to this device on the forum too)

Temp sweet spot depend on your liking, your botanical and on the dryness of it. You can althougt start slow and increase temp. Or you can "adjust" your temp by inhaling faster or slower (be carefull with slow draw speed, it's the best way to increase drastically temp and combust ! ;) )

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@PPN I have mostly good memeries with my DBV apart form the multiple heater cover breakages that made me to give up on it,but i think design got tweaked since then. Careful with the tolerance though,those big bowls can really fuck it up. Also did you get the Oil kit ?
You can also try direct hit without a whip ,taste is great !

Top Bottom