• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Gear D-nail thread

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I broke my HaIo so I just ordered a SiC Nimbus through the DNail site (I don't do insta), shipped the next day so the site works fine.
I ordered a channel lug as I have the stepped version and was wondering what sized channel cap would work best...I am thinking 40mm?

LesPlenty,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I did not think channel caps were sized, thought they were all kinda oversized and just fit on top.

Excited to follow your journey and hear your findings... I've had my eye on that setup for sometime.
Dnail SiC is tough to beat, but I admit I never use my dnail enail anymore, MaxVapor has totally replaced it.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I did not think channel caps were sized
The ones I am looking at are, the DNail variant I wanted (clear)was not in stock and was $104!
What I found in 30 or 40mm,
I am thinking the 40mm will be spot on, the second 40mm version in the options list is the better performing pattern by my research and I may ask for that and a random job for the second unit as you have to buy 2.
I could get the set of 5 from DHGate for $30:hmm:

LesPlenty,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
After thermal shock breaking my Halo, I now have its bigger brother the Nimbus. The main difference is the walls are higher and it is now mirror finished, and shiny,
1651292439155-jpg.36434

So far it seems great, pretty similar to the Halo just a bit easier to q-tip clean and no balls flying off into the distance when I tilt the cap too far when clearing the rig.
I also grabbed a flat lug nut retainer so I can give some channel caps a 'spin'.
So far I am not a fan of the channel caps but I have only tried cheap versions.
Dnail also chucked in some nice S/S ball tweezers which will be handy as those wire claw grab type jobs rust out pretty quickly.
My order was supposed to come with a single Shinju pearl but was missing, Brian at Dnail sent me 3 to cover the mistake...great QS as usual.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: 710yota

Ferrusbuelker

I’ve tried a lot of caps for the Nimbus and although I like the idea of using a glass cap on top the Nimbus, the Turbo titanium cap is by far the most well engineered cap for Halo/Nimbus. The fit is perfection and the spin is very powerful. I do some beta testing for Brian and would highly recommend it. Channel caps although excellent weren’t specifically designed for Nimbus and have a tendency to slide off and break. And yes I know it’s Ti but you won’t regret it.

Ferrusbuelker,

Ferrusbuelker

I totally understand, the channel has certain appeal, I just got tired of mine sliding around breaking. When Brian sent me the Turbo I didnt I think much of it until I used it. Universal is tried and trusted but I would never use another cap with the Nimbus/Halo except the Turbo. I see it as Universal 2.0. Just have to be careful as there is almost too much power. I know Brian spent quite awhile trying to perfect a cap worthy of succeeding the Universal and he never really promotes it but i know he is happy with how it turned out. So I’m giving it a little light because I love it and it deserves a little recognition.

Ferrusbuelker,

shizo1337

I’ve tried a lot of caps for the Nimbus and although I like the idea of using a glass cap on top the Nimbus, the Turbo titanium cap is by far the most well engineered cap for Halo/Nimbus. The fit is perfection and the spin is very powerful. I do some beta testing for Brian and would highly recommend it. Channel caps although excellent weren’t specifically designed for Nimbus and have a tendency to slide off and break. And yes I know it’s Ti but you won’t regret it.
How is the quartz carb cap on it? I have the turbo cap and love it but am curious about the difference

shizo1337,

focalforlife

I did not think channel caps were sized, thought they were all kinda oversized and just fit on top.

Excited to follow your journey and hear your findings... I've had my eye on that setup for sometime.
Dnail SiC is tough to beat, but I admit I never use my dnail enail anymore, MaxVapor has totally replaced it.
I've never seen the maxvapor before. Curious to know why you put the rio down for this?

focalforlife,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I haven't replaced a RiO; they each have their purpose. RiO is a travel rig, convenient for home but always ready for the road. I swore off atomizers when this sort of transportability became available.

MaxVapor was just another enail controller. It offered a ton of features, but I just found it may have been a bit better calibrated and held temps more stable during a long draw than my Dnail.

I really have no favor for e-rigs outside of sic, and have little interest in the new Stashe erig offering. 100% of my concentrates are consumed through quartz these days, be it through RiO or a fancier Titty, or an EvolEmpire...

Last edited:

Ferrusbuelker

How is the quartz carb cap on it? I have the turbo cap and love it but am curious about the difference
Quartz carb cap tastes cleaner than Ti if you are sensitive to metal which I am and try to avoid it in any of my setups. The trade off is the Turbo is a really well engineered cap and is much more dialed in to get a really strong spin with very little effort. It’s just a really powerful cap. Also the quartz cap gets a great seal but is lighter than the Ti and doesn’t sit quite as firmly so I’ve broken a couple of them due to bumping into the table or moving the rig with cap on it. So just be careful they are definitely not as forgiving as Ti. Both will definitely get the job done but I tend to reach for the turbo even though it’s Ti.

Ferrusbuelker,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Any of you folks still following D-Nail?

Curious if anyone has tried their latest Torchless Heating System, it looks to be exactly like Terp Sous Vide but appears quieter than the TSV with its loud fans.

I have thought a lot about picking this up. And the price keeps increasing. But I have resisted until now.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have also been trying to resist getting into terp slurpers, this is not making it any easier.:drool:
I should probably not add the coupon code CHEERS20 (please do not add to discount sites as the code may disappear) gets it even cheaper at D-Nail (US$355 delivered to Oz).:tup:

Last edited:
LesPlenty,
Reactions: Grass Yes

LesPlenty

Company Rep
It would make a nice cordless ball vape heater/stand too...42mm ID:hmm:
That is a sweet scissor lift as well.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Grass Yes

mixchu69

so this is just an electric heater to replace the torch, because all the Instagram posts show them using a Dabrite? At first, I thought it was more like an enail where u can dial in the temperature

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
so this is just an electric heater to replace the torch, because all the Instagram posts show them using a Dabrite? At first, I thought it was more like an enail where u can dial in the temperature
It plugs in to a normal enail controller. But I think it is just like a mini kiln. So the temperature on the controller won't match the banger temperature as far as I can tell.

It looks like it keeps a consistent temperature, so I don't know if you have to measure after you have it dialed in to your preferences. Although I probably will anyway.

But yeah, I would say this is closer to a torch replacement than an enail replacement. Which is basically what I wanted to try. 😃

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I know I should just keep blinders on and be satisfied with my setups, but I keep coming back to this and am so tempted to make the jump...

I found the Terp SuVide to be appealing, but a bit more bulky/cumbersome form factor and way louder. IMO this offering looks pretty slick.

Top Bottom