Customized vape setups

Nycdeisel

thats a nice roor, but I think that lip and base are way too different, it does look like it has a larger then average bore.

Nycdeisel,

Pappy

shmaporist
You aren't supposed to do this -- use ice -- but WTF I jailbroke Swanee again. For those who value my opinion this is the slickest hybrid inline tube/bubbler on the market yet. Can't imagine a better match for the EQV or DBV. Preserves taste of vapor because the air/water balance and clearing action is f-ing sick!
20101123-f7scqmfwp3eaff2668n98c7tin.jpg

Pappy,

OC513

Dabaholic
Pappy how is it with ice in it? I have never done the ice with vapor. I really love that SG piece.....so beautiful.
I have the same exact yellow ashtrays in your picture....at least I did.......not sure what happened to them since I quit smoking almost 2 years ago.

OC513,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
That's some mighty fine glass. I want to get my first high end piece but there are soooo many to choose from it's hard to decide.

elmomuzz,

Shiz

Same here. Been trying to decide for about 2 weeks. Narrowed it down to the SG 60mm and the mini bent neck.

From what I've read, you really can't go wrong either way. They hit almost the same so I want the shorter one. If I can find a mini for around $300ish I'm grabbin it.

My LHS won't have any in stock for at least 2 weeks so I'm gonna call around to some NY headshops since I'll be there for the next few days.

Won't be long Pappy.

Shiz,

greystr0ke

@Nycdeisel, my double perc RooR looks a lot like your LUX. We hooked the Supreme Vaporizer up to it on Saturday night and it was amazing. I still need to get pics/video of the milk from that.

IMG_0157.jpg

greystr0ke,

Pappy

shmaporist
@ OC > Ice is a nice option by unnecessary, especially if you use ice water. Tube takes minor amount of water.
@ shiz > Considered both and you can't go wrong either way. MOF I'm so impressed with this piece I'm already consider what my next SG piece will be.

Alright, conundrum of the day... Left my SSFG adaptor soak in Simple Green over night and discovered a hairline crack in the glass. Doesn't seem to go clear through to exterior walls.
1) What caused this? Ever happen to you?
2) Since it's not clear through do you think it's safe to use?
20101123-khecnejwnceauwgc4f4xgybf6p.jpg

Pappy,

2clicker

Observer
Pappy said:
Alright, conundrum of the day... Left my SSFG adaptor soak in Simple Green over night and discovered a hairline crack in the glass. Doesn't seem to go clear through to exterior walls.
1) What caused this? Ever happen to you?
2) Since it's not clear through do you think it's safe to use?
http://img.skitch.com/20101123-khecnejwnceauwgc4f4xgybf6p.jpg

i wouldnt think the simple green did anything

id say its a piece of glass that never saw the kiln

glass that doesnt get kiln time wont last near as long as a kilned piece

2clicker,

Nycdeisel

I would NOT worry about it, honestly, I never liked SSFG's design for the adapters, that big "bubble" is definitely blown out, or "thinned out".

I say go try it out, as long as there is still an airtight seal, your all good. I would go and buy a back up adapter NOW, though, if you dont have one already.

@ guy with the Perc'd Roor. Im sorry to burst your bubble, but thats a FAKE! FYI. Everything about it screams fake, sorry! Perc doesnt look bad! but its definitely China glass. enjoy

Nycdeisel,

greystr0ke

Nycdeisel said:
@ guy with the Perc'd Roor. Im sorry to burst your bubble, but thats a FAKE! FYI. Everything about it screams fake, sorry! Perc doesnt look bad! but its definitely China glass. enjoy

No it's not. It a US Perc'd RooR. I've had it evaluated by several others and the headshop it was purchased from is an Authorized Roor dealer. The Shop had your LUX and the exact same LUX as my RooR. Your LUX is the exact same thing made from the same company.

greystr0ke,

Nycdeisel

NO way, Roor does not make percs(anymore) and they never made the label that high up(not that I have seen, at least), I have seen it on many fake percs like that.

It may be real, and if so, I am VERY curious as to where these are made? I have never ever seen an authentic Roor perc like THAT. Not trying to start anything, just kinda doubting its authenticity, not your judgement. fake or not, enjoy your tube bro, its a beast.

Nycdeisel,

greystr0ke

It's a US Roor. It's real. Most fake Roor percs don't have a splash guard. This particular piece was made around 2006/2007. They're extremely rare.

Good research tool:
http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-tools/509657-roor-real-fake-identification.html

You do know that LUX is made by roor.us which is why my tube was identical to the same LUX that was in the shop and similarly resembles your piece?

As for the logo, Roor logos will never cross between the ice pinches, splash guards, percs, etc. Which is why the logo is placed where it is.

greystr0ke,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Hey, there is so much good glass I saw on here that I just needed to show you what was coming in for me.

It's called a Vertigo Buildabub - it can be an ash catcher, a king bub, a dub bub depending on how you use the modular pieces. I don't have pictures of the second can that attaches to it but there will be a 10 arm tree in the second can. In the main can, you can but either the tree or the showerhead. I'm hoping my StoneGlassWork 50mm stems will fit in this as well.

Here is how a clear Buildabub set works
glass170.jpg

glass171.jpg

And here is my custom piece that we took one step further by adding 50mm removable joints/stems

photo%20(3).JPG

photo%20(5).JPG

None.jpg

None.jpg

None.jpg

stonemonkey55,

Nycdeisel

greystr0ke said:
It's a US Roor. It's real. Most fake Roor percs don't have a splash guard. This particular piece was made around 2006/2007. They're extremely rare.

Good research tool:
http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-tools/509657-roor-real-fake-identification.html

You do know that LUX is made by roor.us which is why my tube was identical to the same LUX that was in the shop and similarly resembles your piece?

As for the logo, Roor logos will never cross between the ice pinches, splash guards, percs, etc. Which is why the logo is placed where it is.

Ah thanks for the info, I did notice the splashguard, which I dont usually see on the fakes. Had to be an extremely rare piece. yep I know all about LUX, Sheldon Black also has some former Roor employees as well.

Nycdeisel,

OC513

Dabaholic
SM55- Very sick piece....so many options.......cat wait to see it rip
nycdiesel- slick looking ashcatcher.....love the recessed joint.....makes it look so mod

OC513,

Nycdeisel

thanks! :) Im very excited for this piece to arrive!

@OC: yes I really love that recessed joint look, so sexy :o That absolutely affected my decision on this one. had to have it, it was the only type like it in 14s

Nycdeisel,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Yea, ALT is great. I got my Luke Wilson Bub about an hour ago. I had to sign for it, so that meant talking to crazy mailman for 1/2 hour. While holding the box and dying to open it.

Tried it with the Q a few minutes ago. I'm in love.:brow:

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Hehe... I know, and I promise to upload some pics. Won't be tonight... Too vaped. Maybe tomorrow before people come over. I love this thing. It feels so nice in your hand. All curvey and smooth.

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Gonna ask on the PD thread, but does anyone vape through glass with a PD? I'd like to use tubing, if possible, instead of tipping it upside down with the draw tube.

Tstat,

Nycdeisel

Im pretty sure that the vapor tube fits right into a 14mm joint, just load the vapor tube, place in GonG joint, then put the PD on it. I have seen it done many times with the PD. Theres are pictures on the PD site of this with and without tubing. If you want tubing, order the kind used for DBV and SSV whips.

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom