Customized vape setups

Pappy

shmaporist
DaProfessor said:
Yeah, I got a double hookah style one. It's in transit right now. I've had nothing but good experience with getting the custom piece made. He even put it on hold for a month while I set some financial things straight. Seems like a nice guy and was very accommodating. Sometimes takes 24hrs or so to get back to me. Just been messaging him through etsy. Can't vouch for anything else until I receive the piece I ordered.
Maybe I have bad karma? I sent an inquiry on October 24 that went unanswered and an unrelated inquiry November 5. By my calculation that's 25 days and counting that SimpleGlass Tubes hasn't shown the common courtesy to respond. :/

I like the looks of that pice and wish you the best with it!

Pappy,

Pappy

shmaporist
Tstat said:
Hey Pappy (or anyone) earlier in this thread you have a pic of the EQ hooked to a bong.

http://img.skitch.com/20101103-fht7jmrdwgf35xtyf2keuj6fgt.jpg

Is that bong a 14 mm or 18? I need an end glass piece like yours to plug into the down stem of my Gear. Any suggestions where to find these in the US?
SoulshineFamilyGlass on Etsy made it for me. Do an Etsy search for "gong adaptors". glassmandoll or ourboro might carry them in stock on Etsy. The bong is an 18 made by SSFG.

Pappy,

crawdad

floatin
quite a few real nice setups in here, enjoy seeing what others have...helps to figure out what i might want next.

my current setup is rather simple and off-the-shelf but it really fits my style. vapor genie glass. my only issue thus far is cleaning it, but plan on trying some methods already posted in here.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

crawdad,

OC513

Dabaholic
OKl I went and got one and all I can say is itza beauty!
I met Joe from itza and saw the shop....probably spent about 35 minutes speaking with Joe and his business partner Steve. Very cool people. Joe is a young one......he is making some really nice pieces with so much more innovative stuff in the pipeline....all I can say is keep your eyes on this guy......he is going to be doing great things in the scene. His newest release is a mini pillar which he gives 100% credit to Steve at Sovereignty for. I got a mini double perc......... a fat showerhead(he calls them circulators I believe) into an 8 arm tree. Going go test drive it now and I will be back with a review. Mine is the same as the two with the showerhead bottom perc in the pic below......very thick glass, about a foot tall.....tapers to a smaller bore at the top.....single ice pinch in the back.....its really beautiful. I couldnt be happier. His pricing is considerably below what headshops were getting. I couldnt be happier. He is opening it up as a retail space as well, it was being set up as I was there, so anyone in the NYC area I would say its definitely worth the trip to Long Island.

http://www.itzaglassgallery.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Itza-mini22.jpg

http://www.itzaglassgallery.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Itza-mini-group2.jpg

http://www.itzaglassgallery.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Itza-mini3.jpg

OC513,

OC513

Dabaholic
thanks Pappy.....enjoying it right now and I think I'm in love. It hits so sweet......I am almost, not quite but almost, compelled to combust just to try it.....but I shall remain strong and stay loyal to the vapor. I have hit it with my WDZ and my Kia(very similar to a da buddha) and they both milk it very well. Tiny bubbles stack like crazy in both chambers. Been playing with water levels and I think I have the perfect level figured out. This thing is the perfect size for vapor. My wife used to smoke but hasnt in almost 2 years.....pregnancy and then breastfeeding.....baby is 11 months now so she will be able to partake soon. She saw me hit the itza and said "wow this is the first time I have actually wanted to smoke since I became pregnant"........solid endorsement. I am a very happy guy right now. :ko:

OC513,

Pappy

shmaporist
OC513 said:
She saw me hit the itza and said "wow this is the first time I have actually wanted to smoke since I became pregnant"........solid endorsement. I am a very happy guy right now.
Happy for you. You're right, that's the perfect size. Stay thirsty my friend! :)

Pappy,

hereatlast

Very very nice pick-up OC513, I've been interested in some itza bubblers but that makes me want to grab a small bore tube from him. Would love an action shot, I think I may have to visit the shop when I'm in NYC for the holidays :cool:

hereatlast,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Nice piece, ITZA beauty! Vaporbonging is the only way to go! How tall is that piece? Man, I am really jonesing for some new glass.

BTW - those ITZA mini pillars are friggin SICK!

stonemonkey55,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
OC those really are nice, I think I would get the same one you chose. Not to be rude, but can you give me a ballpark price range so I have an idea of how much to bring with me on my trip to Long Island.

DeepFried,

OC513

Dabaholic
hereatlast....I was looking for a bub and pretty much nothing but a bub for a few weeks....I saw these minis and was hooked.......thing is perfect size for vapor.....loving the small bore. I will get an action shot up this weekend I hope. If you are in NYC I would take the 30 minutes it takes to get out to his shop.....his pricing direct make the headshop pricing look shameful :(

SM55- it is 13''. The itza mini pillars are sick and very limited right now......but hes in the shop every day getting it done.....with a bright future from what I saw today

OC513,

OC513

Dabaholic
Thanks guys. I am enjoying it thus far.........I keep playing with the water levels in both chambers trying to dial it in. I can see myself going thru a lot of meds this weekend playing with my new toy.....I did a wake & bake this morning :brow:

hereatlast.....if you bring btw 250-400 you should be fine......depending on which you want and how you want it set up. He has minis in quite a few variants. When I started talking to him about my interest in minis after looking at bubs he said he thought minis were where it was at right now and they were his favorite pieces. So he is doing them a bunch of ways.

DaProfessor- if it is anyone who is jealous it is I.....your glass collection is substantial to say the least.

2clicker- yeah nice to have a guy blowing such quality pieces that lives nearby. Its funny because I brought ALT up to them and they said they are going to speak to them and try to get their stuff on there. They are in the process of opening up there own store on the site.....probably in a few weeks so keep your eyes out for that. I am not sure why most blowers dont just sell direct thru their own websites.....maybe legalities? For now its mostly at headshops.

If I didnt just have a baby I could see myself getting back into glass in a huge way....such a hot scene right now and probably just in its infancy as far as where its headed. Guys doing some beautiful, functional, scientific art. I have a few expensive hobbies and I have an obsessive nature so I could see glass quickly becoming the most costly for me.....thank God for baby!

Like so many other things it was this board that opened my eyes to it again.......for that I thank you guys. I will be keeping my eyes on the scene for sure.

OC513,

2clicker

Observer
OC513 said:
he said he thought minis were where it was at right now and they were his favorite pieces

i could not agree more

IMO people overrate pieces because of their size

size is overrated (ayo?)

cant wait till i can get my hands on one of these minis

2clicker,

OC513

Dabaholic
ok guys quick action vid.....I have good direct sunlight now but I am not sure where it should be relative to the piece......first vid I have ever done like this so not the best but you get the idea. I can milk it even better with my Kia (whip vape) but its too early for that thing! I will hit it later tonight and get a vid up......for now you can get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSnwWEsGOgM

OC513,

2clicker

Observer
stinkmeaner said:
Frickr said:
heres a video of slims new style inline bubbler with my ssv.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmaw1HwqqNI&feature=player_profilepage
That is a sweet little bub for watercooling a whip vape. People should really consider this instead if they are looking at the Aquavape.

agreed, but im sure there is quite a difference in price

ive been eyein up one of these
http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...lers/jake-wilson-worked-inline-bubbler-1.html

2clicker,

Frickr

i think its the perfect size for vaping, i also use it with my pd. i got my original one from shinobiglass, and a friend broke the motuhpiece off, so i got ahold of slim to see if it could be welded back togeather, and he said it wouldnt look clean, so hooked me up with this new one for a very great price. his work has really progressed between his older bubbler and his new style. the bubble that was added in the middle gives the water a little more room to be tossed around in, and makes for less drag and even less splash up. its impossible to get a drop of water in your mouth no matter how hard you pull on it. but even for 170 on shinobi glass, i think this little bubbler is well worth it. 12 slits with gridding dividing each one into 3 seperate holes, and it does a great job cooling the vapor without adding alot of volume.

Frickr,

Pappy

shmaporist
Logged on to Aqua Lab around midnight to pull the trigger on a Sovereignty Glass King Stemline but somebody beat me to it. Out of Stock! At first I was pissed but then took it philosophically. Wasn't meant to be, at least not last night. I may pull the trigger on one in the future, I may not. Timing is everything! Perhaps it broke my Stone Monkey fever?

Which got me thinking. How much diffusion is too much? One chamber, two, three? An inline, a shower-head, a tree? This isn't rhetorical. I'd like your opinions because if I don't pick up a SG I may commission someone to build me a tube and am pondering the specs. I personally have a divergence of opinion. if I buy SG it's like buying a BMW -- it has built in resale value and is a know quality and quantity. OTOH commissioning a custom piece you get the satisfaction of getting exactly what you desire. If you know what your looking for and pick the right artist you could wind up with a piece that does more and looks better for less.

I'm doing a little experiment now with a Glasstafarian shower-head bubbler. I'll let you know how it turns out when I get it.

Pappy,

Nycdeisel

Need a new downstem for this but anyway

DSC03306.jpg

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom