Customized vape setups

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
oh yeah, those Itza Mega Minis are really sick - I like how they reduce to a smaller bore too - you can't go wrong!

stonemonkey55,

OC513

Dabaholic
thanks guys.....
monkey now that I have seen them I have been doing research and supposedly the reduced bore makes a big difference in hit.
jimbo those mini tubes were in the $400-$450 range depending on set up.....but this was at a head shop in NY.....they had the Headford inline for $220 when ALT has it for $140....they had the MFLB for $160. So far no luck in finding any sites online with itza pricing.
The story goes that itza was one of JP from Toro's good friends....JP taught him how to blow glass and they had a falling out right before itza signed a contract with Toro........he left and started his own gig. JP is, by his own words, very upset with him. Some are saying that itza took what JP taught him to another level making cleaner pieces with better welds at a better price point. itza is making some sick double diffused pieces that are in the $2000+ range, UNworked :o This is all out there on the internet to be read......not like I am an insider or anything.

OC513,

stinkmeaner

I wonder how those Jake Wilson bubblers are... They seem to be more reasonably priced than most others and most of them have some worked sections.

stinkmeaner,

hereatlast

OC513 are you visiting N.Y. Gifts in Manhattan? If not definitely worth checking out, I walked in by accident (what luck!) to ask for directions to a record store, all sorts of quality in there.

Those itza's look great, I've been eyeing that style of circ. as well. The Toro minis are intriguing too, just saw one with the mini-circ and bigger circ in the top chamber and like the look, maybe for Christmas :rolleyes:

hereatlast,

stinkmeaner

jimbo said:
OC513 said:
So far no luck in finding any sites online with itza pricing.

The only thing I could find online is some kush/itza trashcatchers: http://www.chicokush.com/brands/Kush{47}Itza.html

Hopefully more stuff will become available in the future.

Chico Kush haven't been putting anything online in a while. It is like they are trying to clear out what they have and hopefully do a huge update of new stuff.

stinkmeaner,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
This place has some decent stuff, they don't update their site all the time so ask them what you want in particular and they can hook you up - ask for Yoel and tell em SM55 sent you, not saying it'll get you a discount but might get you free shipping... http://www.tobaccoleafsmokeshop.com/

stonemonkey55,

Pappy

shmaporist
I have a beaker but not much experience with straight tubes. Obviously they use less water but what differentiates tubes from beakers user experience-wise?

Pappy,

jimbo

winterize
stinkmeaner said:
jimbo said:
OC513 said:
So far no luck in finding any sites online with itza pricing.

The only thing I could find online is some kush/itza trashcatchers: http://www.chicokush.com/brands/Kush{47}Itza.html

Hopefully more stuff will become available in the future.

Chico Kush haven't been putting anything online in a while. It is like they are trying to clear out what they have and hopefully do a huge update of new stuff.

Only seen a couple of new tubes in the past month or so, its the same with http://fullmeltglass.com/ , fingers crossed for new stuff!

jimbo,

jimbo

winterize
I have a beaker but not much experience with straight tubes. Obviously they use less water but what differentiates tubes from beakers user experience-wise?

Stonemonkey posted this a while back on the VXC thread, good explanation.

-Straight Tube vs. Beaker:
The physical differences between the two are pretty obvious; one is a straight cylindrical tube whereas the other has a flask bottom base. Due to the streamlined design of straight tubes, they will always clear faster than their beaker counterparts. One thing to look for in straight tubes is the thickness and diameter of the base, as this translates to its stability. Tubes are generally more durable than beakers because of their design (a bump usually will contact the base vs. the beaker which can shatter). Some companies blow out the beaker straight from the tube and causes paper thin bottoms. Keep an eye out for beaker bottom thickness as well as tube thickness.

jimbo,

DaProfessor

stinkmeaner said:
I wonder how those Jake Wilson bubblers are... They seem to be more reasonably priced than most others and most of them have some worked sections.

Any Wilson glass will be great. Their reputation is superb. Are you looking at the 6 arm? I've tried the 6-arm and 15-arm. The 6-arm are cute little things that work great. They the diffusion is nice and it will clean up the taste without reducing flavor. If you think it looks good, get it!

DaProfessor,

OC513

Dabaholic
Thanks everyone for the links.....greatly appreciated.
I am going to look around a bit more but also I am going to call itza and see if I can go out to his shop and maybe meet him and grab a piece. I grew up on LI and my family is still there so maybe he will be open to it. I have now seen a piece by him that has a showerhead inside an 8 arm tree.......the people that have used one say it is unreal and stacks bubbles like no other.......unfortunately I have a feeling its going to be VERY expensive......but I now need to know. I went from just looking for a reasonably priced bubbler to now wanting a sick piece.......bitten by the glass bug.....again.....damn it! I blame stonemonkey for many reasons.....his damn vids, the sick pieces he posts and the delay of the VXH and its amazing looking glass. :lol:

hereatlast said:
OC513 are you visiting N.Y. Gifts in Manhattan? If not definitely worth checking out, I walked in by accident (what luck!) to ask for directions to a record store, all sorts of quality in there.
Thanks for the heads up.....where exactly is NY Gifts? I am all the way downtown in the financial district.

OC513,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
OC513 said:
Thanks everyone for the links.....greatly appreciated.
I am going to look around a bit more but also I am going to call itza and see if I can go out to his shop and maybe meet him and grab a piece. I grew up on LI and my family is still there so maybe he will be open to it. I have now seen a piece by him that has a showerhead inside an 8 arm tree.......the people that have used one say it is unreal and stacks bubbles like no other.......unfortunately I have a feeling its going to be VERY expensive......but I now need to know. I went from just looking for a reasonably priced bubbler to now wanting a sick piece.......bitten by the glass bug.....again.....damn it! I blame stonemonkey for many reasons.....his damn vids, the sick pieces he posts and the delay of the VXH and its amazing looking glass. :lol:

hereatlast said:
Thanks for the heads up.....where exactly is NY Gifts? I am all the way downtown in the financial district.

OC512 - I think you are talking about these, they are really nice and really innovative. I think these could be had for 400-500 -- One of my buddies in Jersey has one of these bad boys, he says that they are pretty good but don't compare to a true double chambered piece, but then again, it doesn't take up as much space as a true dual chambered piece also

IMG_8408.jpg

IMG_8411.jpg

stonemonkey55,

OC513

Dabaholic
yes SM it is that diffusion, only the ones I am speaking about are inside a mini tube that reduce to a smaller bore like the ones I posted above. In the vids I have seen the bubbles stack all the way up to where the bore gets smaller. I am starting to really dig these mini tubes. Now I have to hit one.

These are some of there older mini tubes with double percs........the new ones are even nicer and different design.
http://www.itzaglassgallery.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Itza-mini22.jpg

edited to add pic

OC513,

Pappy

shmaporist
jimbo said:
-Straight Tube vs. Beaker:
The physical differences between the two are pretty obvious; one is a straight cylindrical tube whereas the other has a flask bottom base. Due to the streamlined design of straight tubes, they will always clear faster than their beaker counterparts. One thing to look for in straight tubes is the thickness and diameter of the base, as this translates to its stability. Tubes are generally more durable than beakers because of their design (a bump usually will contact the base vs. the beaker which can shatter). Some companies blow out the beaker straight from the tube and causes paper thin bottoms. Keep an eye out for beaker bottom thickness as well as tube thickness.
Thanks to both. Excellent primer!

Pappy,

OC513

Dabaholic
so itza called me back and told me to come by the shop......looks like I will be heading there sometime in the next few days.....gotta trek out to Long Island. He said they have some stuff that has not even been released yet that he was sure I would love......they are minis based on a design by Sovereignty....12'' tall with 8 arm stemless stack perc....whatever the hell that means. Now I feel like I gotta learn all I can about the new glass game.....so many different designs and percs out there.

OC513,

2clicker

Observer
OC513 said:
He said they have some stuff that has not even been released yet that he was sure I would love......they are minis based on a design by Sovereignty....12'' tall with 8 arm stemless stack perc....whatever the hell that means.

i was just looking at the site and absolutely love their bubbler lineup. especially the mini and medium ones.

please share any info you get on these new mini bubs they are talking about. they sound amazing so naturally i am extremely interested!

thanks

2clicker,

OC513

Dabaholic
Pappy......they are purdy.......I didnt get into pricing with him on the phone but I did say that I wanted to go direct to avoid headshop mark ups and he said they would take care of me.....so I will know more when I go......hopefully be able to give rough pricing on many of the pieces I look at.

2clicker.....thats exactly how I feel. I have this horrible feeling I am gonna go to the shop.....be mesmerized by the glass and drop a grand. A few years ago I would have went in there and bought a bunch of pieces without a thought but with a new baby I am trying to be responsible. :uhoh:

OC513,

Pappy

shmaporist
OC513 said:
they are purdy.......I didnt get into pricing with him on the phone but I did say that I wanted to go direct to avoid headshop mark ups and he said they would take care of me.....so I will know more when I go......hopefully be able to give rough pricing on many of the pieces I look at.
Maybe you should become a distrib! Prolly sell a few through this thread. ;')

Pappy,

OC513

Dabaholic
Pappy said:
OC513 said:
they are purdy.......I didnt get into pricing with him on the phone but I did say that I wanted to go direct to avoid headshop mark ups and he said they would take care of me.....so I will know more when I go......hopefully be able to give rough pricing on many of the pieces I look at.
Maybe you should become a distrib! Prolly sell a few through this thread. ;')
I will go one better....I am thinking of quitting my job and learning how to blow some sick glass. In like 20 years I may get good.

OC513,

Pappy

shmaporist
OC513 said:
I am thinking of quitting my job and learning how to blow some sick glass. In like 20 years I may get good.
Keep your day job and go for it, bro!

Pappy,
Top Bottom