• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Custom Crafty Battery Packs for Easy Replacement

Dejvoslav

I have custom Crafty Battery Packs available for easy replacement of your battery pack. I started this project as I felt there should be an easy replacement available, that didn't require shipping your vaporizer back, especially for those of us with a vaporizer out of warranty.

CwPRH2T.jpg

These battery packs come ready to install with a pre-soldered wiring harness that meets or exceeds the specifications of the original. These are perfect for those of you that don't want to spend the time, don't have the tools, or simply aren't comfortable enough, to de-solder and re-solder the wiring harness from the original battery to a new one.

oGIl9rW.jpg

I've also sourced appropriate name brand cells with tabs for optimal performance based on others feedback in this forum, which guided my research (thanks @Vambo1980 for pointing me towards the Sony VTC6 3120mAh cell and for other inspiration and for answering my questions :)) The wire used for the harness is silver plated and rated for high current and low temperature operation.

I'm selling these packs for $40 USD + shipping.

The following are the instructions for installing your battery pack:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=09116962006551867733

And here's the video instructions for installing the pack (doesn't cover removing the existing pack completely though, as I'm removing my custom pack and installing another one of my custom packs):

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments!
JCat
I have custom Crafty Battery Packs available for easy replacement of your battery pack. I started this project as I felt there should be an easy replacement available, that didn't require shipping your vaporizer back, especially for those of us with a vaporizer out of warranty.

CwPRH2T.jpg

These battery packs come ready to install with a pre-soldered wiring harness that meets or exceeds the specifications of the original. These are perfect for those of you that don't want to spend the time, don't have the tools, or simply aren't comfortable enough, to de-solder and re-solder the wiring harness from the original battery to a new one.

oGIl9rW.jpg

I've also sourced appropriate name brand cells with tabs for optimal performance based on others feedback in this forum, which guided my research (thanks @Vambo1980 for pointing me towards the Sony VTC6 3120mAh cell and for other inspiration and for answering my questions :)) The wire used for the harness is silver plated and rated for high current and low temperature operation.

And here's the video instructions for installing the pack (doesn't cover removing the existing pack completely though, as I'm removing my custom pack and installing another one of my custom packs):

JCat
Hi man. Can you send me more information on my email? For example how much you’ll want for delivery to UK?!

Dejvoslav,

SteveAlon

CwPRH2T.jpg

oGIl9rW.jpg

JCat
What’s the phone number to order?

SteveAlon,

JCat

Accessory Maker
What’s the phone number to order?
No phone #. This is just something I've been doing for a # of years for the community (maybe around a hundred packs to-date?) Not an "official" business. I got your PM though and replied :)

mojamusic

CwPRH2T.jpg

oGIl9rW.jpg

JCat

Hi JCat. How do I order one of these shipped to Australia? Thanks.

CwPRH2T.jpg

oGIl9rW.jpg

JCat[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Surf

Hi Joe, how are you.
I have write you by a private conversation but I'dont know if you have receive it (my english is so bad!!!)

I have some problems with my crafty, perhaps coul'd you help me.
The battery is charged with only one bar ... When I press the orange button, nothing happens.
If I plug the crafty on the electric current it lights green, red then blue and goes out immediately, if when it is connected on the current I press the orange button, it lights red and goes out immediately. Do you have any idea what it can be and how to fix it?
On the Iphone it makes a "Crafty defective" error to be returned to Storz & Bickel.

Surf,

Skinnyarbuckle

Oh no ,I have the flashing red/green yellows, time to operate on this unit. It is 47 hours and 35 minutes on it. It is probably around two years old limited use, I was hoping to get more out of her. Oh well time to operate on the thermal fuse and sounds like I might as well just get the upgraded battery kit. What are everybody’s thoughts?I’m thinking I just PM Jcat and go that route.:D

Skinnyarbuckle,

Socratrees

@JCat
Hi, I have seen your Youtube Video on how to replace the Crafty battery, thanks for the good tutorial. Do you still sale them? Could you write me some more informations in a pm? I could really need some help asap.

Socratrees,

Smittyjr49295

CwPRH2T.jpg

oGIl9rW.jpg

JCat

Do you have any of these battery packs available? Before I take the long road I thought I’d check with you first on a custom pack. My craft is 3-4yrs old and 142hrs. It’s battery is shot...

Smittyjr49295,
Reactions: JCat

nipper

Hi JCat. My Crafty battery died after not that much use in 2 years. Didn't have much joy with Storz. The Warranty was barely 2 weeks out of date. So I would be interested in purchasing one of your battery packs please. Not sure how to message you privately. Thanks, Dave

Smittyjr49295

Hi JCat. My Crafty battery died after not that much use in 2 years. Didn't have much joy with Storz. The Warranty was barely 2 weeks out of date. So I would be interested in purchasing one of your battery packs please. Not sure how to message you privately. Thanks, Dave

Just click his name and then click “start a conversation”

BrianLuzier

CwPRH2T.jpg

oGIl9rW.jpg

JCat

@JCat. Do you have any of those batteries available for the crafty. Mine just dies last week and storz and bickel wants me to ship the whole device back just to sell me a battery. Bad customer service on their end. I await your response. Thanks Jcat

BrianLuzier,

VALHALLA33

Hello I'm new to this. My crafty recently stopped working. It felt got while charging I think the charger might have been to strong. Was hoping done could give me some advice. Originally I thought it was the batter but then I found out there is a thermal fuse? It won't turn on at all but when I plug it in the will flag the blue light light it's going to charger but then it doenst do anything.

VALHALLA33,

nipper

Hi Jcat and everyone,

I received the battery pack and installed but still not charging or turning on (red and yellow flashing lights). I then replaced the thermal fuse with a 192 oC type but still getting flashing lights. Any idea what the problem might be or can I somehow bypass the fuse just to see if it will work. Greatfully accept any insight. Ps I am not particularly techy so was pleased I managed to replace fuse etc but disappointed neither battery or fuse fixed the issue. Is my Crafty for the bin?

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
Hi Jcat and everyone,

I received the battery pack and installed but still not charging or turning on (red and yellow flashing lights). I then replaced the thermal fuse with a 192 oC type but still getting flashing lights. Any idea what the problem might be or can I somehow bypass the fuse just to see if it will work. Greatfully accept any insight. Ps I am not particularly techy so was pleased I managed to replace fuse etc but disappointed neither battery or fuse fixed the issue. Is my Crafty for the bin?
Well the red/yellow flashing lights are a sign of a thermal fuse failure from my knowledge ... which is likely just looking for a break in the heater circuit/loop ... so a couple things to check to try to isolate the problem:
1. Check the connections around the heater posts where it connects to the circuit board, and make sure they look good with no corrosion, etc. Maybe remove the heater and try cleaning the posts off (ISO and maybe a light sanding if really corroded), and reconnect.
2. While you have the heater off, check the resistance across it. If there is no continuity (ie. infinite resistance), then your heater is burnt (I actually have a spare heater believe it or not! It's the last part from a salvaged Crafty and I believe it to be in working order)

Sorry to hear about your troubles and that you haven't gotten up and running yet :(

Last edited:

nipper

Well the red/yellow flashing lights are a sign of a thermal fuse failure from my knowledge ... which is likely just looking for a break in the heater circuit/loop ... so a couple things to check to try to isolate the problem:
1. Check the connections around the heater posts where it connects to the circuit board, and make sure they look good with no corrosion, etc. Maybe remove the heater and try cleaning the posts off (ISO and maybe a light sanding if really corroded), and reconnect.
2. While you have the heater off, check the resistance across it. If there is no continuity (ie. infinite resistance), then your heater is burnt (I actually have a spare heater believe it or not! It's the last part from a salvaged Crafty and I believe it to be in working order)

Sorry to hear about your troubles and that you haven't gotten up and running yet :(

Thanks for all the advice. Much appreciated. I will check connections and look over everything I have done (quite possibly some novice mistakes!) I haven't got the kit to check the resistance across the heater but will try everything else. Thanks for the speedy reply too :)

nipper

Hi JCat. I had a close look at heater posts and no sign of corrosion and all wiring looks sound but I don't have multmeter so I guess there may be a problem/break somewhere. I bypassed the thermal fuse and connected the wire straight to the circuit board but the lights of doom are still flashing. It could be there is something up with the heater but I can't tell. Think it is probably time to look for another vaporizer. I have seen good reviews of the MigVapor Khan circa £115 in Uk so maybe time to try something else!

nipper,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Hi JCat. I had a close look at heater posts and no sign of corrosion and all wiring looks sound but I don't have multmeter so I guess there may be a problem/break somewhere. I bypassed the thermal fuse and connected the wire straight to the circuit board but the lights of doom are still flashing. It could be there is something up with the heater but I can't tell. Think it is probably time to look for another vaporizer. I have seen good reviews of the MigVapor Khan circa £115 in Uk so maybe time to try something else!
Could be the heater, or could be in the circuit board. Sorry I couldn’t help more :(

had a quick look at the MigVapor Khan ... (never heard of it before), and I think you could spend your money more wisely elsewhere ... might want to go with something reputable and vetted by the community here and/or on Reddit.

if you want to let me know your desired price range, and what you like and don’t like about the Crafty, then I’m sure I, as well as others here in the forum will have some suggestions for you.

nipper

Thanks JCat. Currently looking at Boundless range. Notably CFV. Looks like an easy changeover from the Crafty and can buy at £100.
I realise it's main drawback is battery life but I am not a heavy user and will be vaping solo and not looking for major sessions. I like the idea of convection heating and good economy and taste quality which it seems to get thumbs up for. I am aware the build quality won't be as good as Crafty but from what I can gather the customer support is much much better from Boundless, which wouldn't be too difficult considering my personal experience with Storz and Bickel!!

nipper,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Thanks JCat. Currently looking at Boundless range. Notably CFV. Looks like an easy changeover from the Crafty and can buy at £100.
I realise it's main drawback is battery life but I am not a heavy user and will be vaping solo and not looking for major sessions. I like the idea of convection heating and good economy and taste quality which it seems to get thumbs up for. I am aware the build quality won't be as good as Crafty but from what I can gather the customer support is much much better from Boundless, which wouldn't be too difficult considering my personal experience with Storz and Bickel!!
I think that's a pretty solid choice ... I think Boundless makes pretty good economical devices (if I'm remembering right from what I've ready here ... don't own one personally). Some others to consider perhaps (not sure about availability around your parts) are the POTV ONE or any of the HealthyRips devices ... there are really a # of good options available these days ... any vape you consider, I'd give the related thread a quick read through to try to make sure it will be a good choice for you.

ganja lee

I think that's a pretty solid choice ... I think Boundless makes pretty good economical devices (if I'm remembering right from what I've ready here ... don't own one personally). Some others to consider perhaps (not sure about availability around your parts) are the POTV ONE or any of the HealthyRips devices ... there are really a # of good options available these days ... any vape you consider, I'd give the related thread a quick read through to try to make sure it will be a good choice for you.
i need a battey for crafty where i can find one...

CwPRH2T.jpg

oGIl9rW.jpg

JCat

where to reach you where i can find one them crafty battery....

Last edited by a moderator:
ganja lee,

JCat

Accessory Maker
This is a continuation of the thread from FC, Custom Crafty Battery Packs for Easy Replacement.

The following is the original post w/ a few changes such as updated link to instructions:

/*****************************************************************************************************************/

1589471053466.png

1589471098182.png

I've also sourced appropriate name brand cells with tabs for optimal performance based on others feedback in this forum, which guided my research (thanks @Vambo1980 for pointing me towards the Sony VTC6 3120mAh cell and for other inspiration and for answering my questions
:)
) The wire used for the harness is silver plated and rated for high current and low temperature operation.

I'm selling these packs for $45 USD + shipping.

Crafty Battery Replacement Instructions - JCat - 2018-06-12.pdf

JCat

Attachments

• Crafty Battery Replacement Instructions - JCat - 2018-06-12.pdf
    220.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Top Bottom