Discontinued Custom Crafty Battery Packs for Easy Replacement

geniack

Hello! I just did a replacable battery mod to my crafty (OG with +20% battery). I modified the case nicely so everything fit back together like it should. Now I was trying the first time to put in a battery (I tested with the original one I just removed from the crafty) but the crafty's LED lights up red one time and then the device just turns off again. I am really not sure where I should start to look for this problem, as I already have made sure I put everything back together as good as I can. Maybe someone of you guys has an idea where I should start looking for the issue? After the crafty turns off, I can still connect with the app and read/write configurations... The crafty was working fine up until the point I was doing this mod...

geniack,
Reactions: BigJr48
Sounds like the same problem as mine. After I had the battery replaced (and before) it did the same thing... kind of. It would heat up and then just switch off prematurely.

I'm thinking it's an electrical fault with the pcb inside - and not the battery.

I couldn't edit my previous post - but I learnt elsewhere on the forums that, as long you register your Crafty, you can send off for a repair - but this repair is (apparently) a full replacement and they'll send you a new one. Which is a actually a good deal. I'm registered and yet to send it off - but I will do in the new year. My initial rant was that it seemed quite expensive for a 'repair' (these are not expensive parts) but if they're sending out a new one... well, that's okay.

MalonShakespeare,

Suckafoo

My Crafty+ needs a new battery, where do I go to order one of these pre-made battery replacements?

Suckafoo,
Top Bottom