• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Custom Crafty Battery Packs for Easy Replacement

Zigzag1974

Hi JCat, how do I go about purchasing a replacement battery for the crafty? I'm located in NZ. Thanks

Zigzag1974,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Hi @Zigzag1974 and @shiftduck ... I'll have more packs in a couple weeks. I had issues with my previous supplier no longer willing to ship to Canada/USA so it's taken a little time to secure another supplier (had to order 50 cells though!) ... so in a week or so I should have 50 cells ready to assemble :)

I'll reach out in a PM (as well as post here) once the cells have landed and I have some packs assembled.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
What is the cell of choice? Or is that a secret?...just curious as I am a fan of Sony VT6 and LG HG2 for most of my needs.:tup:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: JCat

JCat

Accessory Maker
What is the cell of choice? Or is that a secret?...just curious as I am a fan of Sony VT6 and LG HG2 for most of my needs.:tup:
Still using the Sony VTC6 ... I also tried the LG HG2 in the packs I tested initially, and the Sony outperformed especially on the 3rd and 4th bowls per charge ... same total # of bowls as the original Panasonic but better performance and heat recovery on the back half of a charge.

tribe cannabis goldsmith

Unapproved commercial account.
Hey JCat. Found this thread when searching for info on why my MIGHTY battery was not lasting as long anymore.

Happy to see you are also in Ontario. I bought the product in September of last year - how long are the warranties on them? If it is out of warranty I will have to get your batteries.

Also, the images of the MIGHTY being taken apart at the beginning of the thread are gone. Do you know of a youtube vid or picture series with a MIGHTY being taken apart, because I'd like to know what I am in for, and don't want to break that top part when we open it up.

Thanks for the work you do,

alexd

Deviljones

I have custom Crafty Battery Packs available for easy replacement of your battery pack. I started this project as I felt there should be an easy replacement available, that didn't require shipping your vaporizer back, especially for those of us with a vaporizer out of warranty.

CwPRH2T.jpg

These battery packs come ready to install with a pre-soldered wiring harness that meets or exceeds the specifications of the original. These are perfect for those of you that don't want to spend the time, don't have the tools, or simply aren't comfortable enough, to de-solder and re-solder the wiring harness from the original battery to a new one.

oGIl9rW.jpg

I've also sourced appropriate name brand cells with tabs for optimal performance based on others feedback in this forum, which guided my research (thanks @Vambo1980 for pointing me towards the Sony VTC6 3120mAh cell and for other inspiration and for answering my questions :)) The wire used for the harness is silver plated and rated for high current and low temperature operation.

I'm selling these packs for $40 USD + shipping.

The following are the instructions for installing your battery pack:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=09116962006551867733

And here's the video instructions for installing the pack (doesn't cover removing the existing pack completely though, as I'm removing my custom pack and installing another one of my custom packs):

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments!
JCat

Hey, I just found this forum and wondered if you are you still selling the Crafty battery replacements? My Crafty is only 2 months old and the battery doesn't last more than 2 sessions before I have to charge it again. It's kind of annoying because if I forget to plug it in, I'll turn it on and 3 minutes later it shuts off. I need something that lasts a bit longer between charges. Thanks in advance

Edit: I'd also like to add that my Crafty has been replaced already, but for a completely different issue, so I cannot return it again (warranty will not cover the new one). My only other option is to sell it and buy another new one.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Hey, I just found this forum and wondered if you are you still selling the Crafty battery replacements? My Crafty is only 2 months old and the battery doesn't last more than 2 sessions before I have to charge it again. It's kind of annoying because if I forget to plug it in, I'll turn it on and 3 minutes later it shuts off. I need something that lasts a bit longer between charges. Thanks in advance

Edit: I'd also like to add that my Crafty has been replaced already, but for a completely different issue, so I cannot return it again (warranty will not cover the new one). My only other option is to sell it and buy another new one.
Yes, still selling them and I should be able to help you out :)

Hey JCat. Found this thread when searching for info on why my MIGHTY battery was not lasting as long anymore.

Happy to see you are also in Ontario. I bought the product in September of last year - how long are the warranties on them? If it is out of warranty I will have to get your batteries.

Also, the images of the MIGHTY being taken apart at the beginning of the thread are gone. Do you know of a youtube vid or picture series with a MIGHTY being taken apart, because I'd like to know what I am in for, and don't want to break that top part when we open it up.

Thanks for the work you do,

alexd

Hey @tribe cannabis goldsmith ,

I do recall seeing a video as well, but haven't done a Mighty personally. I here the case can be a little trickier, but I have sold cells to some that have successfully replaced them. I'll see if I can find the video online somewhere for you and will post here.

Mw0057

Hi @Zigzag1974 and @shiftduck ... I'll have more packs in a couple weeks. I had issues with my previous supplier no longer willing to ship to Canada/USA so it's taken a little time to secure another supplier (had to order 50 cells though!) ... so in a week or so I should have 50 cells ready to assemble :)

I'll reach out in a PM (as well as post here) once the cells have landed and I have some packs assembled.
Hey man, i need to purchase a crafty battery. I seen your video on youtube. .please text me Mike

mod note: cell number removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Mw0057,

JCat

Accessory Maker
So after a bit of a delay after issues with my prior supplier of cells, and having to find a new one, my new batch of 50 cells to make packs arrived today and everything looks great and as expected.

Ready to build/ship more packs on demand again :)

Deally

So after a bit of a delay after issues with my prior supplier of cells, and having to find a new one, my new batch of 50 cells to make packs arrived today and everything looks great and as expected.

Ready to build/ship more packs on demand again :)
Hi@jcat, im new on here and also new to a crafty i purchased from a mate. The battery is no good will not hold a charge at all. Thru tiring research i have found you, ( thank god ) as everyone i know says you cannot replace batterys. Lol,, i would like to purchase a replacement battery with leads. I am in australia, would you pls pm me on here as to the logistics .
Thankyou in advance
Deally

stonedaze

Hello JCat, I'm also interested in purchasing a replacement battery if there's any still available.
Thank You.

stonedaze,

Zigzag1974

Hi; awesome news! can I please purchase one? Do you ship to NZ? Please pm us the details. Thank you

Zigzag1974,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Hi everyone,

sorry for the delay responding, been dealing with some family stuff + work emergencies this week, so I’ve been a little absent.

I’ll be in touch with everyone that’s reached out, and will get some packs assembled this weekend and ready for shipment this week.

sorry @Deally , @stonedaze , and @Zigzag1974 for not getting back to you yet

Hello JCat, you are doing such an amazing service! Is it possible to get a new battery shipped to hungary maybe? I'd be very interested to get one. pls pm me the details if possible!
Thanks in advance!

freemanone,

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
I don't own a Mighty, nor do I need a battery pack. I just wanted to say how amazed I am at the ingenuity of what you do and how kind you are to offer assistance to other members of this forum who need the assistance. You do awesome work, JCat, and thank you for being generous enough to share those skills with others!

JCat

Accessory Maker
I don't own a Mighty, nor do I need a battery pack. I just wanted to say how amazed I am at the ingenuity of what you do and how kind you are to offer assistance to other members of this forum who need the assistance. You do awesome work, JCat, and thank you for being generous enough to share those skills with others!
Thank you for the kind words :)

Josse76

Hi there, just seen your YouTube video. I need a crafty replacement battery really bad. Can you please pm me the details. Thx...

Josse76,
Top Bottom