bobothevaper

Disclaimer: I'm double posting now but it's been so long since the last one that I can't edit. Please don't be mad.

Anyway I just wanted to add that if anyone does get the magnetic cable, or just unplugs the cable when they use the log you can actually spin the thing when it's on the couchlog metal bowl. I did this yesterday for the first time inspired by my chats with @lluther who had issues with black spots. It's obviously easier to spin when no cable is attached but it works pretty well to give an uniform browning of the load. Plus it's super fun and very ritually to spin the thing slowly while inhaling. So try that if you haven't already, which I'm sure you have. I'm rarely the first mover on anything. Also shout out to @Pcloudy for the idea of buying a magnetic cable. I'm sorry if it came off as my idea. It wasn't my idea.

Pcloudy

Disclaimer: I'm double posting now but it's been so long since the last one that I can't edit. Please don't be mad.

Anyway I just wanted to add that if anyone does get the magnetic cable, or just unplugs the cable when they use the log you can actually spin the thing when it's on the couchlog metal bowl. I did this yesterday for the first time inspired by my chats with @lluther who had issues with black spots. It's obviously easier to spin when no cable is attached but it works pretty well to give an uniform browning of the load. Plus it's super fun and very ritually to spin the thing slowly while inhaling. So try that if you haven't already, which I'm sure you have. I'm rarely the first mover on anything. Also shout out to @Pcloudy for the idea of buying a magnetic cable. I'm sorry if it came off as my idea. It wasn't my idea.
You are good, in fact I am grateful for your links because the one on ali is significantly cheaper than the one I bought off ebay. I can survive the wait on that shipping. Good find.

Pcloudy

Heck, a regular one is!
I
Huh. The Camouflet Convector tip fits the CL heater perfectly:
IMG-6834.jpg
IMG-6836.jpg
This is a game changer. This is about the best experience Ive had yet. Now I need a dyna wpa to throw it on.

coolbreeze

How are you getting on with this glass bowl setup, vs say the included ss bowl or the official glass bowl?
It works pretty decently. I'll have to play with it but it's working great for flavor roasting. This was really something I put together for the ZX for the same purpose and I haven't really dialed it in here. I use the basket a lot with torch vapes, DBV, etc. so a log would be really handy. I'm surprised that the one 18mm female log is the only one, afaik.

Versus the others? The glass bowl is more convenient to handle but the basket is a good smaller load size and doesn't need stirred; this is a gentler roast compared to the herb chambers but it's probably a distance/temp balance thing.

Last edited:

Hippie

Depends on the current with a max of 2A
I use them with my logs and power modules
Altho I did manage to break one with one of my DiY creations but that one draws 4A at times

Hippie,

Pcloudy

Depends on the current with a max of 2A
I use them with my logs and power modules
Altho I did manage to break one with one of my DiY creations but that one draws 4A at times
Would a 2.5 mm between the controller and the log be better or worse?

Pcloudy,

Hippie

No - I think you want the switch between the power supply and the controller
Or a mains rated switch between the mains and the psu

Hippie,

Pcloudy

No - I think you want the switch between the power supply and the controller
Or a mains rated switch between the mains and the psu
It’s on a rated switch but I don’t always remember to turn it off at night so I was thinking a power switch for the log would be nice since I don’t want to go down the smart switch path

Pcloudy,
Top Bottom