olysh pops

The stem with the glass WPA. Is that 14mm connection? It also seems shorter than the standard wooden stem, is this the case?
Concerning glass mouthpiece, the diameter is 14mm at the glass joint, the diameter of the wood is 18mm.

The glass mouthpiece is 2 mm shorter than the wooden mouthpiece.

Last edited:

Texus

The screen stays in place much better once you get a little claim in the tube. I’m sure you can tell I worked heat as far into the joints on these as possible to be able to get the screen as close as possible to the heat. You can try flipping the screen over and that may also get u a bit closer and it would put the wider/tighter end of the screen a bit lower where it holds better. Also if anyone happens to own a Roffu, the machined screens with the silicone o-ring fit amazingly well. I would provide them with my wpas if I could bulk source them but so far have had no luck.
Yeah those Roffu screens are great. Glad to know that they work so well with your CL stems.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Hello my fellow FC brethren!

Back from a business trip to Sweden and Norway and an 11 day Cannabreak. I was happy to see my VGoodies 14mm injector bowl with glass screen had arrived 😁. Fired it up with my j-hook and around 0,15g of flower and promptly got shot into space 😮😆🚀🚀🚀

Really loving the taste and fluffiness of the clouds at around 4.3 on the dial with an all-glass setup. The routine is generally 2 medium draws for a couple of big tasty clouds, with a stir in between, and maybe sometimes a tiny cleanup draw to finish the bowl if I feel like it.

Also excited to soon be receiving my first water piece 😲. A 9-inch clear glass honeycomb perc bong. Did a bit of my own research so I hope I chose wisely 😬. I want to try adding some humidity to my sessions to ease my throat and I also want something small and discreet. I've read that the water level should be only roughly 1/3 of the way to the honeycomb?

Any advice appreciated on using the bong with the CL. :science:

coolbreeze

People should be getting their wpas from me yesterday/today/tomorrow. If you are one of those people please post your results. Mine has been wonderful but, my lungs aren’t what a lot of you guys’ are so I’m always interested in that feedback.
I've received mine and I'm really enjoying it. The screen is a bit of a pain at first but it does stick well as you use it and it's nice to have the adjustability. It really is worth any futzing as it provides the best one-hit I've had with my Couch Log: crisp and flavorful with a very even, deep tobacco roast at just over 4 on the controller (ymmv). Got facets on mine so no chance it'll roll and it looks pretty sweet!
IMG-5399.jpg
IMG-5433.jpg

The basket can be placed where you want it and it's a good size for a single hit. Little bit of goop and the screen stays put. Its one-hit performance is really terrific, a welcome addition to my CL toolkit. :tup::clap::rockon:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
ve received mine and I'm really enjoying it. The screen is a bit of a pain at first but it does stick well as you use it and it's nice to have the adjustability. It really is worth any futzing as it provides the best one-hit I've had with my Couch Log: crisp and flavorful with a very even, deep tobacco roast at just over 4 on the controller (ymmv). Got facets on mine so no chance it'll roll and it looks pretty sweet!

Absolutely agree. This WPA works fantastic. It seems slightly more efficient than the CouchLog glass bowl but I love them both. This is a no brainier. I also added facets because it looks rad and it won't roll lol

It also works great with the Omega.

AssistedLiving

I've received mine and I'm really enjoying it. The screen is a bit of a pain at first but it does stick well as you use it and it's nice to have the adjustability. It really is worth any futzing as it provides the best one-hit I've had with my Couch Log: crisp and flavorful with a very even, deep tobacco roast at just over 4 on the controller (ymmv). Got facets on mine so no chance it'll roll and it looks pretty sweet!
IMG-5399.jpg
IMG-5433.jpg

The basket can be placed where you want it and it's a good size for a single hit. Little bit of goop and the screen stays put. Its one-hit performance is really terrific, a welcome addition to my CL toolkit. :tup::clap::rockon:

is that the African Blackwood?

AssistedLiving,
Reactions: coolbreeze

sickmanfraud

Now that I have reached the end of the thread ( I don't remember the last time I read a whole thread of this length) I can ask a question that has been in my mind since the start of the thread.

I generally don't like the tactile feel of wood on the lips. Is the Couch log native stem processed enough to feel smooth to the lips? Before anyone suggests the glass-lined stem I don't usually like the feel of ground glass either.

I just remembered that quite a while back there was an item sold by @DDave (I can't access the site since I am in Israel) that he called the concentrate chamber or something like that. It was basically an 18/14 reducer with a glass screen and a 14mm stem. The "basket" could be an effective solution to provide an all-glass vapor path. As soon as I remember where I saw mine I will try to post a Picture.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
So I've had some of my first experiences vaping through water after buying a small showerhead perc bong and it's been really positive.

At 5 on the dial the CL can absolutely crush a 0.2g bowl in a single hit leaving nice, dark tobacco color ABV. Sometimes a cleanup hit yields almost no vapor.

I'm really digging the cooling and humidity a bit of water brings to the vapor and now I better understand why some folks always vape through water when at home. Still undecided as to how much flavor might be lost to the water, as well as the generally higher temps used when vaping through water but so far I'm willing to make the sacrifice for softer hits on my throat!

Cheers all!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Oh it feels like a wood stem on the lips.

Your best option might be one of the JoDa stems. One is waiting for me when I get home from petsitting, but I have really liked my Nano XL stem that he did.
This was exactly what I was going to say. If you don't want to use the CL on glass with the bowl, and you don't want the wood stem, best bet is a custom stem from JoDa.

sickmanfraud

Can someone who owns one of the Couch log glass hooks take a close-up of the spikes? I am having trouble seeing how much the spikes deflect and cool the vapor.

Thanks

sickmanfraud,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
The CL is both my first log and my first desktop so I'm still experimenting with it. I've been routinely loading 0.15-0.2g bowls in my glass injector/j-hook setup but after some reading I decided to try much smaller micro-dose style bowls and wow... really nice. I guess less really is more.

I find a bowl that just barely covers the glass screen in the injector with a thin layer of flower (maybe 0.05g) tastes super nice and vapes nicely in one big draw. Seems to avoid the risk of any burnt taste on multiple draws from a bigger load.

Now I just wish I could clean and load new bowls faster. First world problems 😆

sickmanfraud

@Beefcake@420Eng If someone buys a "special" Couch Log (Amaranth, Cocobolo, Bubinga) could you make a matching glass-lined stem and base for a hook?

Can someone please tell me how well the Couch Log Glasspipe cools the vapor?

sickmanfraud,

bestvaping

This was exactly what I was going to say. If you don't want to use the CL on glass with the bowl, and you don't want the wood stem, best bet is a custom stem from JoDa.
Hum .. I'm interested, what's this JoDa stem you're talking about? do you have any links? it's funny, I only use the CL with the original wooden mouthpiece, and I love it, it gives me the impression of smoking an old-fashioned joint (or more precisely a big blunt or cigar). I like the "on demand" aspect, grab and pull... it's simple, and doesn't take up space, then unbreakable and extremely low power consumption, the CL will stay on my desk forever, I'm sure :love:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Sorry, I don't have the spikey one from the CL site just a plain, hollow cheap hook and it seems to cool the vapor just fine (for me 🙂) so I would imagine the spikey one does an even better job.

The CL itself has pretty fine temp control so I think you'll be happy with the spikey hook if you get it. It does look really nice and would look even better with a matching base!

Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
@Beefcake@420Eng If someone buys a "special" Couch Log (Amaranth, Cocobolo, Bubinga) could you make a matching glass-lined stem and base for a hook?

Sure. But it will takes some time.

There are some pictures of the pipe in the SteamWhistle thread.

sickmanfraud

I bought a Couch Log from another member of FC.

I don't have any written instructions and I did not find instructions on the web.

My question is which hole on the power cord from the wall go into, and which hole does the cable from the power unit to the Couch Log. I don't want to make a mistake.

@Beefcake@420Eng ?

sickmanfraud,
Top Bottom