TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Just had my first hits with the CL and my new glass - a screened 14mm/18mm adapter acting as an injector bowl on my simple J-hook. Wow. Just crazy good.

As luck would have it, I had forgotten to raise my level from the 3.5 I had it at to account for a greater distance to the flower, and also a change in material, to glass from the metal bowl I had been using.

The low temps and pure convection made for probably the tastiest vape session I've ever had. Full stop. Easily in league with the Vaponic or the Terp Surfer/Neo that stand out in my collection as having super tasty vapor.

Another highlight was being able to see the flower darken and shrink while drawing. Satisfying 🤤

I can see now why some here said using a glass injector is the best CL experience.

Texus

Love watching that flower vape up. A reason that I always liked my Herborizer bowls to be at eye level.

Also curious how long it takes the CL to get up to temp in more experienced users' experience. So that those balls have really soaked in the heat.

noobvaperct

Is the CL the best log vape on the market currently because it utilizes balls while the others do not? Looking to make a decision here today. Can you use the CL natively or do most people run it injector style through glass? I ask that because I would be a native user. And what about 3rd party stems, or stick with the stem it comes with?

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
Is the CL the best log vape on the market currently because it utilizes balls while the others do not? Looking to make a decision here today. Can you use the CL natively or do most people run it injector style through glass? I ask that because I would be a native user. And what about 3rd party stems, or stick with the stem it comes with?
I wouldn’t say it’s the best on the market (matter of opinion) because it has balls. Look at it this way.

a normal log has hand made wood components vs couchlog cnc machine made

This gives the normal log an advantage in the artistic perspective. More woods variety, size, styles shapes. But it gives the couchlog an advantage in precision, with a removable, replaceable sleeve.

which is better depends on what you’re looking for in a log vape. couchlog has ceramic balls, a removable sleeve, a 14mm injector bowl, and runs on 6v power, and is available in about 5-6 wood types. most artisanal vapes come in various sizes from 8mm to 14mm, come in a plethora of wood choices, and run on 12v power.

as far as naive stem draw, it can be done but the vapor is very warm so many use the cooling pads or add boro balls to cool it. I’ve used it with a couple of aftermarket stems as well and while it can be done, I prefer the CL running a little higher and use with the glass bowl.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Love watching that flower vape up. A reason that I always liked my Herborizer bowls to be at eye level.

Also curious how long it takes the CL to get up to temp in more experienced users' experience. So that those balls have really soaked in the heat.
I don't have the most experience with the CL yet but I know the manual recommends 15min to thermal equilibrium from a cold start. I would guess that once warm, changing the temp up or down probably requires less time for stabilization. Maybe 5 min or so?

papa_ent

I think we can say with certainty this is the best log ball vape.

I prefer native with my vapes and I have had the CL a month or so and only use the native stem. I dont have an injector bowl, just the stem. I have had no issues with temp, coughing, etc. I run my temp at about 4.25 on the dial, I have no idea what actual temp that corresponds to.

coolbreeze

Works decently at 10 mins or so, in a half hour it's a different beast.

The heat reservoir gives it a different capacity beyond most, and people use it natively all the time. I haven't really felt the cooling pads are necessary, ymmv. The og stem is excellent, but you can use a Dynavap, too. I haven't seen an after-market stem made for the CL, but I'm sure you could have one made, or find something that will fit the herb chamber.

a normal log has hand made wood components vs couchlog cnc machine made

This gives the normal log an advantage in the artistic perspective. More woods variety, size, styles shapes. But it gives the couchlog an advantage in precision, with a removable, replaceable sleeve.
Completely agree, fortunately the CL's aesthetics are top-notch, so while it's a single style, it's also classic.

I don't have the most experience with the CL yet but I know the manual recommends 15min to thermal equilibrium from a cold start. I would guess that once warm, changing the temp up or down probably requires less time for stabilization. Maybe 5 min or so?
Yes, I think this reflects my experience. Probably more to cool down than heat up? But you can pull the heat out if you want.

I prefer native with my vapes and I have had the CL a month or so and only use the native stem. I dont have an injector bowl, just the stem. I have had no issues with temp, coughing, etc. I run my temp at about 4.25 on the dial, I have no idea what actual temp that corresponds to.
That's about where I run mine for native use, but they do vary a bit, I hear.
Have been keeping up with this thread and am inspired into adding a CL to my collection before XMAS
I think you'll love it.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The CouchLog is my favorite log by a wide margin. But I would never claim it is the "best" log because that would be ridiculous. They are almost all great at what they do and they can be very different. I would never tell someone that they should not enjoy the GTR because it doesn't have balls. There are plenty of times I love a nice HI or WS session.

Have a look at the "which log" thread.
This goes into some detail about different logs, including the "new generation" logs like the CL.

Texus

Well, at 5 on the dial with the @VGOODIEZ bowl for 14mm injectors I'm finally getting that baller hit vibe. That bowl does a great job of getting the flower (1 full scoop of the O'Connell scooper) really close to the heater. Great extraction thru the Giblock. Next up Milkball, my go-to baller glass.

cosimo

Well, at 5 on the dial with the @VGOODIEZ bowl for 14mm injectors I'm finally getting that baller hit vibe. That bowl does a great job of getting the flower (1 full scoop of the O'Connell scooper) really close to the heater. Great extraction thru the Giblock. Next up Milkball, my go-to baller glass.
is the flavaot still as good as at 3.5?

cosimo,

noobvaperct

I think we can say with certainty this is the best log ball vape.

Did you buy additional balls for the stem? I think I would at least do that to make it even easier on the throat.

Works decently at 10 mins or so, in a half hour it's a different beast.

The heat reservoir gives it a different capacity beyond most, and people use it natively all the time. I haven't really felt the cooling pads are necessary, ymmv. The og stem is excellent, but you can use a Dynavap, too. I haven't seen an after-market stem made for the CL, but I'm sure you could have one made, or find something that will fit the herb chamber.

Completely agree, fortunately the CL's aesthetics are top-notch, so while it's a single style, it's also classic.

Yes, I think this reflects my experience. Probably more to cool down than heat up? But you can pull the heat out if you want.

That's about where I run mine for native use, but they do vary a bit, I hear.

I think you'll love it.

So if I bought the additional balls to add to the stem I will be good to go then, natively speaking? Do you know if I have to buy additional screens to keep them secure in the stem? Anything from the website you can maybe point me to?

noobvaperct,

coolbreeze

So if I bought the additional balls to add to the stem I will be good to go then, natively speaking? Do you know if I have to buy additional screens to keep them secure in the stem? Anything from the website you can maybe point me to?
I'm not sure tbh. I haven't done it myself but I imagine it would work pretty well.

The listing for the beads says that there are screens for using beads included with the CL, and the listing for the CL says the screens for using the beads is included, so you should be covered. I'm sure it's in the thread somewhere.

papa_ent

Did you buy additional balls for the stem? I think I would at least do that to make it even easier on the throat.
If you are worried about that then yes you should buy balls for the stem. If you find you like them, keep them in, if not take them out. I like more of an open airflow and dont use balls in the stem. I also dont want to deal with cleaning them. For me it made more sense to start native and adjust the temp to fit my usage needs, which is one of the nice aspects of a log. Do you find you have issues native with other vapes? I rarely use bongs/bubbler for any of my vapes and I have found I prefer bongs dry too.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Ok guys, I think I have nailed down a super solid fully adjustable basket style (like my TM and nano XL stuff) wpa for this incredible vape. I can now use MUCH less herb with the same results as before with the factory wpa. What do you guys think?
IMG-0942.jpg
IMG-0944.jpg
IMG-0943.jpg

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Looks awesome!

When you are ready I want one in karmaline or slyme!
Ahhhh, here is the 1 small caveat with these. The tolerances are all so exact that making them out of color will be near impossible to achieve and still have them be cost effective at all. I may be able to add a colored anti roll nub or possibly even a colored handle like the stock wpa’s style but, that’s about it for color on these.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Ahhhh, here is the 1 small caveat with these. The tolerances are all so exact that making them out of color will be near impossible to achieve and still have them be cost effective at all. I may be able to add a colored anti roll nub or possibly even a colored handle like the stock wpa’s style but, that’s about it for color on these.
Ah well. I still want one even with no color. 😄

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Ah well. I still want one even with no color. 😄
Just shoot me a message. This design is locked in. It works beautifully. U can mircodose a seriously small amount and cash it in a pull or 2 or adjust the basket down and load more for a full session.
Also noteworthy, I am getting almost identical quality, flavor and density of vapor on setting 5 that took setting 7 on the oem wpa. The wpa is also very cool to the touch down towards the bottom due to the cooling rings and added length.

So to everyone interested, as of now I am currently taking orders for these wpas. Just shoot me a message.
As any of you that have dealt with me on my various other vaporizer accessories in the past know, my turnaround times are very good as are my prices (I’m told).

Texus

Just shoot me a message. This design is locked in. It works beautifully. U can mircodose a seriously small amount and cash it in a pull or 2 or adjust the basket down and load more for a full session.
Also noteworthy, I am getting almost identical quality, flavor and density of vapor on setting 5 that took setting 7 on the oem wpa. The wpa is also very cool to the touch down towards the bottom due to the cooling rings and added length.

So to everyone interested, as of now I am currently taking orders for these wpas. Just shoot me a message.
As any of you that have dealt with me on my various other vaporizer accessories in the past know, my turnaround times are very good as are my prices (I’m told).
I'll definitely vouch for the improvement of his XL Nano stems over stock glass from Epic. Great seal and fit. I assume Couchlog versions will be more of the same.

Stueylakes

Ok guys, I think I have nailed down a super solid fully adjustable basket style (like my TM and nano XL stuff) wpa for this incredible vape. I can now use MUCH less herb with the same results as before with the factory wpa. What do you guys think?
IMG-0942.jpg
IMG-0944.jpg
IMG-0943.jpg

Bocote in the wild. As well as 14mm Vgoodiez injector bowl. Dig the smoked glass. Also helps them stand out when visually scanning for 14 on injector side.

This is an absolute peach pal. Stunning unit @Beefcake@420Eng yet again Chris and great catch @Texus

Enjoy that puppy!

Stueylakes

IMG-0942.jpg
IMG-0944.jpg
IMG-0943.jpg
Oh my goodness. Im almost fully signed up for one of these. I think its going to be absolutely sublime with this beast. Thanks @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd 👊

Top Bottom