coolbreeze

It's a bit sad because there are some super sexy woods but I chose the least expensive (blackforest oak) just to save some $$$
The oak is surprisingly nice--@Zillacon posts his every once in awhile and I always think how that choice is no tragedy at all. Got a real sturdy, rustic feel to it. Not much oak out there in the vape world so it's also pretty unique.

You could do what I'm planning on doing. I'm going to grab the oak unit and then collect some of the sexy wood sleeves so I can swap it out when the urge takes me
This is a great way to take advantage of the modularity and have some fun with it. I have an extra sleeve and mouthpiece in a second wood and I love it. Probably won't be the end of it either! ; )

olysh pops

I find the CL in black forest oak beautiful. And it's a noble wood, used for interior woodwork in prestigious buildings.

The wood grows locally in an oak forest in southern Germany. The company is located on the edge of this forest, and production takes place on site. CL made from oak wood is therefore a product of high social and environmental quality.

Last but not least, this forest, also known as Abnoba, has a magical history, with nature deities, elves, springs and nymphs, which permeates the CL and, in my opinion, adds an extra touch of soul to this beautiful object :love:

Last edited:

coolbreeze

I find the CL in black forest oak beautiful. And it's a noble wood, used for interior woodwork in prestigious buildings.

The wood grows locally in an oak forest in southern Germany. The company is located on the edge of this forest, and production takes place on site. CL made from oak wood is therefore a product of high social and environmental quality.

Last but not least, this forest, also known as Abnoba, has a magical history, with nature deities, elves, springs and nymphs, which permeates the CL and, in my opinion, adds an extra touch of soul to this beautiful object :love:
Makes me want to get an oak set and a battery for camping! ; )

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
You could do what I'm planning on doing. I'm going to grab the oak unit and then collect some of the sexy wood sleeves so I can swap it out when the urge takes me
Great minds think alike 😋. The thought crossed my mind. This is going to be my most beautiful vape and my first artisan vape. Not going to rule out pimping it out later.
The oak is surprisingly nice--@Zillacon posts his every once in awhile and I always think how that choice is no tragedy at all. Got a real sturdy, rustic feel to it. Not much oak out there in the vape world so it's also pretty unique.

This is a great way to take advantage of the modularity and have some fun with it. I have an extra sleeve and mouthpiece in a second wood and I love it. Probably won't be the end of it either! ; )
Yep! I hear you.

Hey, thanks for the background info. Hopefully a scantily clad forest nymph or dryad appears to me in a flower-induced fever dream while vaping. A man can dream, right?
Makes me want to get an oak set and a battery for camping! ; )
Yes! On the battery topic, I understand some simple Anker-type Li-ion batteries can power this guy. I remember reading something about 6V, 2A = 12W minimum needed? Does anyone have a recommended setup?

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
Great minds think alike 😋. The thought crossed my mind. This is going to be my most beautiful vape and my first artisan vape. Not going to rule out pimping it out later.

Yep! I hear you.

Hey, thanks for the background info. Hopefully a scantily clad forest nymph or dryad appears to me in a flower-induced fever dream while vaping. A man can dream, right?

Yes! On the battery topic, I understand some simple Anker-type Li-ion batteries can power this guy. I remember reading something about 6V, 2A = 12W minimum needed? Does anyone have a recommended setup?
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/couchlog.51564/post-1732894

Canna Chameleon,
Reactions: olysh pops

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

I would be very careful about this. As you can see below, the wrong battery can ruin your CL:

Using the (unsuitable ?) battery directly on the CL or using a faulty cable or for some other reason I melted the controller board and burnt my unit a bit.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Thanks for this.
I would be very careful about this. As you can see below, the wrong battery can ruin your CL:
Yes, I'm a bit concerned. I looked up the link to the cable above and it supports PD negotiation. Does this mean it will get down to 6V required from the 12V source and find the appropriate current as well? I'd hate to fry this beautiful thing.

Also I'm guessing you plug the battery into the temperature controller first and not directly to the CL right?

TigoleBitties,

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
Thanks for this.

Yes, I'm a bit concerned. I looked up the link to the cable above and it supports PD negotiation. Does this mean it will get down to 6V required from the 12V source and find the appropriate current as well? I'd hate to fry this beautiful thing.

Also I'm guessing you plug the battery into the temperature controller first and not directly to the CL right?
Honestly I use the couchlog (and all my other logs) with the ATM from REFC, so I just set it directly at 4.8v for direct draw and about 5.1v for the glass bowl.

I‘ve never even used the official power controller.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
So my CL has shipped, just waiting patiently now. I read earlier in the thread that @Beefcake@420Eng was working on redesigning the herb chamber and screen a couple of months ago. Anyone know if this was completed? Wondering if my new unit will have it!

Man I'm jealous. I'm planning on the same thing, CL being my sole desktop. Can't wait to hear what you think of the unit once you've given it a test drive!

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Man I'm jealous. I'm planning on the same thing, CL being my sole desktop. Can't wait to hear what you think of the unit once you've given it a test drive!
Yeah I'm excited. As I always am when a new vape is coming. My VAS had been quite dormant for a while there but I'll accept a flare-up for this special occasion. First desktop and likely my only - at least for a couple of years 😄.

The CL has piqued my interest because of how many current trends in modern vaping it encompasses. It seems to be a premier log vape, which itself is a well loved design, lacking exposed heating elements. It's also a ball vape and my first experience with those has been awesome (Stunner). Then you add in that it natively fits 14mm and 18mm bowls and glassware! And it can be used wirelessly and can even be powered by a battery!

Oh, and I forgot. It's terminally beautiful. It just checks all the boxes. Can't wait. I'll make sure to report back.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Hey guys, recently acquired a couch log and I gotta say, this is one badass vape. I’ve had quite a few logs over the years and this may be my favorite yet. Anyways I am working on a wpa that will have an adjustable basket screen and will allow you to get the herb closer to the heater like my enano xl accessories. I think I have it figured out, just have to make it. So stay tuned!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Hey guys, recently acquired a couch log and I gotta say, this is one badass vape. I’ve had quite a few logs over the years and this may be my favorite yet. Anyways I am working on a wpa that will have an adjustable basket screen and will allow you to get the herb closer to the heater like my enano xl accessories. I think I have it figured out, just have to make it. So stay tuned!
I love my TM WPA from you so I will definitely get in line for your CL stem/bowl/whatever.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Yeah I'm excited. As I always am when a new vape is coming. My VAS had been quite dormant for a while there but I'll accept a flare-up for this special occasion. First desktop and likely my only - at least for a couple of years 😄.

The CL has piqued my interest because of how many current trends in modern vaping it encompasses. It seems to be a premier log vape, which itself is a well loved design, lacking exposed heating elements. It's also a ball vape and my first experience with those has been awesome (Stunner). Then you add in that it natively fits 14mm and 18mm bowls and glassware! And it can be used wirelessly and can even be powered by a battery!

Oh, and I forgot. It's terminally beautiful. It just checks all the boxes. Can't wait. I'll make sure to report back.

You summed up why I've chosen it pretty well!

Looking forward to it!

Top Bottom