JollyGreenGiant

To celebrate my fourth week on a tolerance break, I just ordered one of these bad boys to add to my collection. What size glass/sapphire beads should I buy to fill up the stems?

Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
Same for mine. Maybe they’ll end up being our 4/20 surprises.
Really sorry for the delay. I don't think we can do much to speed this up.
To celebrate my fourth week on a tolerance break, I just ordered one of these bad boys to add to my collection. What size glass/sapphire beads should I buy to fill up the stems?
Thanks for the purchase and congratulations on you successful break ;)
The chamber where the glass beads go, got an 11mm diameter and a hight of 25mm.
You can put in whatever fits. Smaller beads add more cooling.
I would use 3mm beads.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Really sorry for the delay. I don't think we can do much to speed this up.

Thanks for the purchase and congratulations on you successful break ;)
The chamber where the glass beads go, got an 11mm diameter and a hight of 25mm.
You can put in whatever fits. Smaller beads add more cooling.
I would use 3mm beads.
No need to apologize for the delay, that is not something that you can control. Amazon delivery speeds have spoiled us all. But I’m old, I remember when you ordered from a catalog, you forgot all about it, and then one day it just showed up. Buying small batch vapes has rekindled my ability to be patient and enjoy the finer things when they arrive.

jasp3r

No need to apologize for the delay, that is not something that you can control. Amazon delivery speeds have spoiled us all. But I’m old, I remember when you ordered from a catalog, you forgot all about it, and then one day it just showed up. Buying small batch vapes has rekindled my ability to be patient and enjoy the finer things when they arrive.
Mines on the move. Weirdly enough in Kazakhstan. Given what's going on right now in the world quite an odd path for something to get from Germany to NY but UPS has it reasons I hope. Hope yours and mine are travel buddies.

Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
Mines on the move. Weirdly enough in Kazakhstan. Given what's going on right now in the world quite an odd path for something to get from Germany to NY but UPS has it reasons I hope. Hope yours and mine are travel buddies.
I just thought the exact same. Completely random behavior :)
2 are in Kazakhstan now.
One still not moving.
And another one just arrived in the US.
That gives me hope ;)

coolbreeze

Something about this log hits different, and I mean that in the best way. Somehow the effects of the same flower seem stronger. I was chatting with another member and he mentioned that the Couchlog gets him higher than other vapes. I can say with absolute certain that to be my experience as well with the Couchlog. This thing gets me stoned, will probably be an evening go to.
Whew! This reflects my initial experience, as well. I want to say it got me as high as my Vapbong, but I think it goes one better: where the Vapbong has a true, pure convection space cadet glow the Couch Log has that in spades, but it also includes a fuller, conductionesque body buzz. (Edit: I'm pretty sure the CL is more efficient in terms of herb needed to attain a given level. )

One other immediate reaction: this produces superior flavor. Noticed it right away; with the stem or injector-style through water, it really presents the flavors.

I hope to share more, but I may have to recover from the light brain damage I may have suffered enjoyed from applying Log to noggin. I believe I have the proper medical delivery device around here somewhere....

Edit: I'm remiss in not mentioning the handiwork: the function is above and beyond, and I kind of feel the same about the aesthetics. I was a little afraid the kingwood log on grenadill base wouldn't work as well as I hoped, but it turned out way better: Chris chose a piece of blackwood with visible grain at a similar contrast to the grain of the rosewood. It's beautiful in the hand. It also has a great heft and touch. The stems are, again, just lovely, functional shapes of gorgeous cuts of wood. While I wish the oak controller was a matching wood, I would also be happy with a set of the oak, as it is really great looking. Don't balk at the oak if cost is an issue.

Last edited:

Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
I went from hong kong to korea… Maybe DHL would be a better shipping option next time
seems like they have used the log before they shipped it, otherwise i cant explain whats happening.
We did the last batch mostly by DHL and worked fine.
DHL changed something that let the prices explode, atleast in our area.
But we are looking for options.

TeaCup

Mine is still in the mail, but don't forget that the CL can be used cordless!
6ft or 10ft 12v extenders are cheap and easy to find.
It's about 5 feet from the wall to the controller, that's about 1.5", and then about 40 inches to the log.
Thanks alot, I'm trying to make this my first log. My body was sensitive to my last two wood purchases so I'm gun shy at the moment, I'm trying slowly each day to nudge myself forward with this, but I think I'm getting closer.

Re-reading the thread right now, it's shocking what I don't remember reading, lol. Damn, I'm finding most of my answers and then some, this is friggin' great! Being able to add the beads is huge for me, I don't do well with P80 type openness.

And now onto the CL homepage......... @Beefcake@420Eng : Ok, I think things just got really really interesting for me here...............tell me if this scenario is true...............since I'm gun shy about the wood signatures, could I conceivably buy a different wood stem if the wood I chose didn't agree with me? Holy crap, that could be some awesome insurance if that could be done. The stem is the only wood airpath, correct? And, could I buy an Oak CL and down the road buy a different sleeve for it, but this way my oak controller will always match the bottom portion of the CL. Atleast that's how I think it could work? Or like Letter Never Sent asked before, would the controller be available in different woods somewhere down the line so we could match our chosen woods? I hope I'm not asking too primitive questions that everybody else knows the answer too, I truly don't know the answers to these. Thanks though!

JollyGreenGiant

@TeaCup - The controller in a non-matching wood is hands down my least favorite aspect of the Couch Log. I think I’ll have to spray paint it brown or the like, so it doesn’t stick out so much. Incredibly cheesy for a handmade product north of $100.

JollyGreenGiant,
Reactions: Steamer

triskelion

Maybe given time, the guy is still gathering some momentum, wait till the turbo valves open up, :tup:

triskelion,

TeaCup

@TeaCup - The controller in a non-matching wood is hands down my least favorite aspect of the Couch Log. I think I’ll have to spray paint it brown or the like, so it doesn’t stick out so much. Incredibly cheesy for a handmade product north of $100.
I understand your frustration, but I do think Triskelion is correct, I think things are just starting up for him and we need to be patient. I've no doubt something won't be worked out in the future, everything else is too well thought out and attractive to think otherwise. But I definitely feel ya in the interim!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I might wait until you have it in hand to decide that you hate it. I've noticed a trend sometimes where some folks can make snap judgements on this site and walk them back later. My preference is to actually enjoy the device for a while before I try to compose my thoughts about it. I would not want to feel foolish later, or worse, come off as insulting for no reason.

Also, isn't the controller oak? Just pick the matching CL if it's that important.

I do wish my controller was Bloodwood to match my unit, but it’s not a huge deal IMO. The oak is still nice.

@TeaCup you could definitely buy a stem or heat shield in a different wood. And yes, the wood stem is the only wood in the airpath. Otherwise it’s all stainless steel and ceramic I believe.

Using beads/pads in the stem does add a nice amount of restriction and it’s nothing like open P80 airflow which I also did not enjoy when I had one.

TeaCup

you could definitely buy a stem or heat shield in a different wood
This seems big to me but I didn't see it talked about too much. Maybe I'm naive and it's not that big of deal though to people. Seems reasonably priced to do so too. Well, whatever's, I think it's pretty cool, lol.

Using beads/pads in the stem does add a nice amount of restriction and it’s nothing like open P80 airflow which I also did not enjoy when I had one.
I added one 6mm bead and just a few 3mm's into Lamart's long stem a few nights ago (possibly 8mm inner??) and it's made the world of difference for me. Contemplating the 3mm's though, I think they need to come out.

Top Bottom