• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Concentrates for Noobs - Q&A

Kins

To each their own. I but I bet most will gravitate to an enail eventually. My first rig was an enail that I still use daily. No regrets. I had experience on friends rigs using torches but it wasn't for me. And now that I just do low temp dabbing it kinda seals the deal.

Well that is until the next latest greatest comes out, like a true rig like portable.

A true Rig like portable is the Stache by Rio. It makes things more convenient because the torch is inside the rig. Makes it much easier. Also I don't really mind the torch as I can use most of my glass with it that I had from smoking.
I just can't get over having a wire attached to the rig. It just feels cumbersome. Flower I like much better and I've only tried three vapes and normally only use 2. I'd like to explore other flower vapes. Think I spent enough on trying to find the perfect way to use concentrates. Not perfect, but the method I like most by personal preference. Then again maybe I need to give the e-nail more use before I decide.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I actually like the torch and rig method better
Haha, the Rio changed you on that point by the sound of it!
If you get a decent enail (not a mini) you will change your mind...all that butane replacing and timing (your cold start Rio gets around this) gets old quick if you dab a lot!
I also have not used my quartz banger for weeks due to how much easier it is to live with my SiC Halo. I sometimes forget to swab after a dab and get left with a hard as rock mess when I go to have another dab. All I have to do with the SiC dish is turn the PID up to 999 for 15 to 20 mins then drop back to normal temp and simply 'blow' the ash out then an iso qtip wipe and it is like new.

Kins

Haha, the Rio changed you on that point by the sound of it!
If you get a decent enail (not a mini) you will change your mind...all that butane replacing and timing (your cold start Rio gets around this) gets old quick if you dab a lot!
I also have not used my quartz banger for weeks due to how much easier it is to live with my SiC Halo. I sometimes forget to swab after a dab and get left with a hard as rock mess when I go to have another dab. All I have to do with the SiC dish is turn the PID up to 999 for 15 to 20 mins then drop back to normal temp and simply 'blow' the ash out then an iso qtip wipe and it is like new.

It's not the enail I don't like. It's just the fact that it's corded. That really is cumbersome to me. Would like to have something I can pass without having to worry about a cord. Didn't know it would bother me this much but it kinda does. I'm mainly vaping flower anyway.

Kins

I can clean mine also,

I'm sure e-nails are great. I just don't like being attached to anything and not being able to pass without worrying about a cord in the way. Especially after I'm good and high and I might even forget the cord is attached!.

Kins

Yuk... I NEVER scorch my dish like that! I keep it low, and from the looks of that video, cleanup is far quicker easier and with less scraping at 250* with water.

I haven't done that yet. Don't need to it comes clean faster and easier than any of the little inserts for e-rigs. It's very easy to keep clean.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I would not sett my heater to 1100, they just want you to burn out the coil prematurely...Dnail recommends 999 and Shane @710Coils (coil heater guru) says even lower for coil longevity.
The ash made from the cleaning mode on the Halo SiC just blows out, it is grey dust/ash, no black crap like the video above and I am guessing it is because the quartz is thermally blocking and stopping the heat getting to the surface to clean it properly.
I wonder if a SiC Halo dish would fit on the Mini, the quartz dish looks very similar.

strech

I find just dropping my insert in a shot glass of dark crystal glass clear cleans it well. I'll drop it in before bed. Rise off and clean wake and bake. Qtips after dabs and the night time soak have so far keep my inserts looking brand new.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I used to do that with bangers then ruby inserts in Simple green but the bangers still gunk up past the neck, works well enough but still too much work compared to a SiC Halo for me so I only use them occassionally...it is hard enough keeping 2x bongs clean!

strech

So I have had a small issue a few times now. I will have my nail set and at temp. Then it will start jumping around on the display. But the nail will start to heat up to max temp. Any ideas what's going on and a possible fix. As of now a simple off and on seems to work but would like to find a way to not happen .

Please excuse the sound. Im a bit baked!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
So I have had a small issue a few times now. I will have my nail set and at temp. Then it will start jumping around on the display. But the nail will start to heat up to max temp. Any ideas what's going on and a possible fix. As of now a simple off and on seems to work but would like to find a way to not happen .

Please excuse the sound. Im a bit baked!
It is broken, get in touch with the seller and get a replacement if under warranty, next time get an Auber RDK200(Chinese made) or RDK300(US made) as these do not seem to have many troubles and are cheap!

510MOD

Manufacturer
I used the contact us tool on their website. Waiting to hear back now.
If he does not respond in a couple days, you may want to try direct email. I have found my "contact us" tool to be faulty at delivering complete messages before. It could have been user error on their end of course, but a direct email is always better than the contact us form as then you have a copy of what you sent as well.

Top Bottom