• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Concentrates for Noobs - Q&A

Kins

Anyone care to enlighten me about Terp Slurpers?

They seem to be all the rage, but I can't seem to figure out the draw... other than they are aesthetically pleasing.

Every video I see appears hugely inefficient, and often has huge amounts of oil going all the way up past the joint, wasting a ton of unvaporized material. What am I missing?

Are you talking about those "terp pearls"?. I saw those, just saw a video of one, it was just one little ball and it moved all around the banger, going in circles from top to bottom. I believe it would work well after seeing this video.

Kins

Just tried rig and torch again and used a smaller rig. Worked great, but still learning timing to do a cold dab.

Kins,
Reactions: arb

510MOD

Manufacturer
Are you talking about those "terp pearls"?. I saw those, just saw a video of one, it was just one little ball and it moved all around the banger, going in circles from top to bottom. I believe it would work well after seeing this video.
Terp pearls do help retain heat and help with efficiency.

A terp slurper is a quartz banger heated by torch that has a tube on the bottom of the floor that drops about an inch to a shelf with slits to allow you to drop your dab under your banger and pull it into your banger. It does seem highly wasteful.

Here's more info on what a term slurper is...

510MOD,

Kins

Terp pearls do help retain heat and help with efficiency.

A terp slurper is a quartz banger heated by torch that has a tube on the bottom of the floor that drops about an inch to a shelf with slits to allow you to drop your dab under your banger and pull it into your banger. It does seem highly wasteful.

Here's more info on what a term slurper is...

Well now that I'm corrected I want to see how that works with a video. It sounds like it would make placing the dab a breeze and would also help with efficiency.
Wait here are some kids using it. He says the bottom portion is for reclaim, so you don't waste it collects right there. I couldn't get through the whole thing though I watched half of it.

strech

Well now that I'm corrected I want to see how that works with a video. It sounds like it would make placing the dab a breeze and would also help with efficiency.
Wait here are some kids using it. He says the bottom portion is for reclaim, so you don't waste it collects right there. I couldn't get through the whole thing though I watched half of it.

Can't believe I gave a view to them knuckleheads. Could they not wait till they got home to make the video?

Kins

Just tried some Rick Simpson Oil for the first time. Never again. Way too sticky and messy. I've probably wasted almost half of it. Gotta make sure to vape it at low temps. 356 F was a bit too high.

Kins,

Kins

Burnt a lot of it but it did have flavor at lower times slash temps. Flavor but couldn't see vapor, so I adjusted and heat it up again, never got any vapor till I left the torch on longer or long enough to burn it. I took as many hits as I could stand burnt ones. Glad I only spent $35 on this.

Kins,

strech

Since getting off work I've been enjoying some Pineapple Fuel crumble and some Outer space live budder. Oh and I did my last 2 dabs of Island Sweet Skunk sugar.

strech,

Kins

I just wanted something strong for little money. Just should have got some shatter.

Kins,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Kins, you can certainly dab RSO and it has been documented many times on FC; BUT you will have a much better experience and exponentially better flavor dabbing pretty much ANY other concentrate imaginable (of any quality).

Do try eating some and post up how it affects you (it is a totally different experience than dabbing it). Also, go find and dab any other concentrate and post up what you think of the comparison. I'd be shocked if you ever dab RSO ever again after tasting a real delicious dab.

CR250M

Ontario, CA
@Kins

dunno exactly how you make your alcohol wash but for best tasting it has to have close to 0 alcohol left in it, mine always came out near rock hard

before I got my dabpress I would make it but the very last step to get the isy out I'd have the goodstuff in my stainless pan and hit it with a hairdryer on high (pan in your lap and dryer not too close as once it heats up it will splatter) usually 20 mins does wonders, careful the pan will get hot!

the hack purge method LOL

Kins

Kins, you can certainly dab RSO and it has been documented many times on FC; BUT you will have a much better experience and exponentially better flavor dabbing pretty much ANY other concentrate imaginable (of any quality).

Do try eating some and post up how it affects you (it is a totally different experience than dabbing it). Also, go find and dab any other concentrate and post up what you think of the comparison. I'd be shocked if you ever dab RSO ever again after tasting a real delicious dab.

Thanks. Yeah I've tried badder and live resin, also shatter. I just wanted to try something different. Wanted to get a good amount of something that would be strong and last at least a week for for me. The lady at the dispensary recommended the RSO over distalit because I told her I really wanted something with some taste to it. Asked her if I could vape it an e-rig and she said yes many people do that, or smoke it. I got home and had to call the dispensary to ask how to open the thing. They told me to soak it in hot water first to get it going. So I did but it still wouldn't come out so I soaked again. Finally got some to come out but it was leaking. This stuff has the consistency of tree sap. Get it on your hands and you'll have to wash your hands with some type of cleaner. I used some Kryptonite which worked ok.....It's just terrible I don't know why anyone would recommend this stuff. I will try eating some but just a grain of rice or so. I don't want to get sick or anything. I have about 1/4 of the syringe now, that's how much was wasted.

Kins,
Reactions: shredder

Kins

@Kins

dunno exactly how you make your alcohol wash but for best tasting it has to have close to 0 alcohol left in it, mine always came out near rock hard

before I got my dabpress I would make it but the very last step to get the isy out I'd have the goodstuff in my stainless pan and hit it with a hairdryer on high (pan in your lap and dryer not too close as once it heats up it will splatter) usually 20 mins does wonders, careful the pan will get hot!

the hack purge method LOL

I got this from a dispensary. Didn't make it myself.

Kins,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I've often heard it referred to as Tar-Baby, when you start getting that shit all over yourself and everything you touch.

I commend you for jumping in without much guidance, and frankly most bud tenders do not take the time to tell people best handling for specific types of concentrates. FWIW, the soak/heating does help get the oil to run out of the syringe. But RSO can be a mess, keep a bottle of ISO and qtips nearby for quick cleanup. Most other household cleaners will be ineffective.

strech

Hopefully on Monday I can rant and rave how awesome sapphire and sic inserts are. First shipment was lost by usps. Second shipment has Monday delivery. I will give props to constant gems for answering the phone and extremely helpful CS.

biohacker

Hopefully on Monday I can rant and rave how awesome sapphire and sic inserts are.

Come join us! :rockon:

biohacker,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom