Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

Collyland / Daniel

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Safe arrival of a Celestial blue OAB. It is smaller than I imagined, (how small are the minis?) but really nice comfortable size with such weight in the base I can't see how you'd knock it over.
It is quite different with such wide open airflow, amazing zero resistance pulls. I find it impossible to do long slow draws and haven't been able to go more than 8 or 10 seconds before my lungs are over capacity. Luckily the clouds come so thick and fast that 6 or 7 secs is plenty. This aspect will take some getting used to but makes it different from other heavy hitters I own, so that is a good thing.
Any who prefer dry like me, can be assured a nice smooth cool hit, no need for water. I am not a fan of the hits with a huge bowl, taste gets toasty/roasty after 3 or 4 hits. But the screen depression is perfect size for my normal load size, 2 hits- shake, 2 hits dump. Really enjoying the ritual, nut locks in sweetly and so easy to shake the nut to stir, then tap and it just falls back over the screen.
I have fuzzy bath mats on the desktop and the floor underneath to avoid breakage. I hope it will be a long friendship.
View attachment 10122
beautiful !:love: The Minis are about 25% smaller

Dabby McDabberface

I'm an enthusiastic Vaper
They had 10 incoming (3x OAB Obsidian,1x OAB PlumJelly,1x VB Aventurin,1x VB Oriental Orange,4x VB Plumjelly) so those went fast. I contacted them at the end of May after realizing I didn't want to deal with the money transfer rigmarole and the fees my USA based bank wanted, Scott was kind enough to get ahold of me when they were in route so I could purchase and reserve an Aromatizer ;) of my liking. I will be in possession of a OAB Obsidian this Saturday, finally.

LOL....I'm ready
And I will get one of the other OAB Obsidian tomorrow :rockon:

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper
Finally had time to run the Capaccino Mint OAB. The first time I put the ball on I knew this one was tight. It seemed to fall and lock into place on its own. Very tight and easy fit compared to others.Turned on at 10 and hour later was 9.5. Just like the Mini it seems easier to move the vape to me and feels comfortable doing so. First hit I knew the OAB was close to perfect. Easy pull and vapor to spare. No matter my draw speed or load amount there was never char or hot spots. It is effortless to use and consistent. So far my fav by a lot over other form factors when comparing first runs of each. This Classic OAB is 10+.

Smknbud

And I will get one of the other OAB Obsidian tomorrow :rockon:
Good that you nabbed one. Pretty sure you won't be disappointed.

I really can't add to all the info I gleaned from this thread other than to say I'm dooly impressed. Hit's like a freight train.

171789620.jpg

Texus

Oh man. When it has been awhile and you return to your Collyland device (Viking in this case) I love the effortless draw and the special, unique way the flower hits you. What a truly special device. Perfect for beside table.

How does Viking size compare to OABs or the Minis?

It really is special and for my use case, I like that the herb compartment has a flat bottom, so no risk of roll

Got my pagoda green OAB today! Right on schedule. :haw:

Boy oh boy is she pretty - and really works great too! Haven’t been able to spend too much time with it yet as it was a busy day but so far so great! :love:

I started off much lower in voltage and I’ll slowly work my way up.

Was packaged beautifully and there were a couple of nice freebies thrown in for the mixup on my order being cancelled (a filling dish that I’ll grab a pic of and some extra screens) :clap:

I’ll need to take some time to get used to the different orientation of the bowl on this newer OAB design but so far it’s not bad at all.

I’ll try to get it outside tmmrw for a photo shoot as this glaze is truly more beautiful than I ever imagined and so I want to do it some justice with good pics!

Night all!

Last edited:

I couldn't wait and I can't really convey how beautiful this one is, even in indoor lighting! I'll still try to get some outdoor pics from my garden tomorrow!

I'm going to get some better wrapping material for it - I don't like how the twine looks on this one - you might remember I did something similar with my broken wildfire OAB if you've been following this thread for a while. I wanted to do the same on this one as a reminder to treat this beauty with care! I will look into some paracord wrapping material soon. I followed this video to wrap it but the twine just all blends in!

Edit: imgur really kills the quality of these pics :huh: Adding a cropped one to highlight how much details is missing

Last edited:

Texus

Hey @1101010100101 nice Pagoda Green OAB. Here is mine. I call her the "Moldy Avocado". Still dialing it in but the smoothest vape I have used so far

20210715-223646.jpg
This means a new line of dedicated OAB/VapBong/VIking accessories, right? Can't live without your tamp/scooper tool. Soooo good with my FW7 and Sticky Brick especially. Each purchase I make, I hppe the new toy plays well with the Rogue tool.

SatanLovestoVape

I finally purchased a plum jelly OAB after lurking for a year or so. The vaporizer is just simply beautiful. It is well worth the price just by having one of Collyland's vaporizers feels like an honor. I know they are called Aromatizer, but I am still calling it a vaporizer because that is what it is😁. Now I know, why people purchase multiples gotta appreciate the artistic value. The only downside is cleaning. I cleaned mine every three days cause it gets dirty fast, but it is not so different from other water pipes. I still have not mastered the filling technique. Do most pour water in the down stem or the neck? Does it matter since the heater is separate from the bong? Anyways, I found out stirring is your friend to get the most out of the herb. Time to hit the OAB (choo-choo the vapor train is coming 🚂🚂🚂).

Ball on
20210717_030219.jpg

Ball off and a glowing heater in a no light room
20210717_025621.jpg

Mine takes a while to get dirty, but I only go through 1-2 bowls a night. I never let the water sit overnight. I go a month+ between cleanings easily this way. Even when I do clean it, I've never noticed much build up or any nastiness inside the bong. Most of the reclaim is on the downstem. I picked up a box of Terp Wipes, which are ethyl alcohol I believe. Perfect for wiping down the downstem. Then I just throw some iso in the chamber and use a bottle brush, followed by a few rinse cycles with water. I do dunk the bowl in iso for a few minutes, as it's difficult to get the little screen ledge totally clean otherwise. I know some have expressed concern around doing that since the bottom of the bowl isn't glazed, but it seems fine to me.

Anyway, this is still my favorite vaporizer by far. My Bowle and Woodscents still see regular use, but the VapBong remains my driver. I've been living around 10v on the VVPS and load around 0.1g give or take. I really prefer the smaller bowls, which I kill in 2-3 big hits. Still get giant clouds this way, simple and effective.

3migo

Is this a...what day is this?
Mine takes a while to get dirty, but I only go through 1-2 bowls a night. I never let the water sit overnight. I go a month+ between cleanings easily this way. Even when I do clean it, I've never noticed much build up or any nastiness inside the bong. Most of the reclaim is on the downstem. I picked up a box of Terp Wipes, which are ethyl alcohol I believe. Perfect for wiping down the downstem. Then I just throw some iso in the chamber and use a bottle brush, followed by a few rinse cycles with water. I do dunk the bowl in iso for a few minutes, as it's difficult to get the little screen ledge totally clean otherwise. I know some have expressed concern around doing that since the bottom of the bowl isn't glazed, but it seems fine to me.

Anyway, this is still my favorite vaporizer by far. My Bowle and Woodscents still see regular use, but the VapBong remains my driver. I've been living around 10v on the VVPS and load around 0.1g give or take. I really prefer the smaller bowls, which I kill in 2-3 big hits. Still get giant clouds this way, simple and effective.
I don't know why it's never occurred to me to use a bottle brush on my VB. I've been sitting here trying to shake/swirl carefully to clean the inside with iso like a fool. 🤦‍♂️

I’ve had 4 different vapbongs so far - 2 classics (that I let go to others) and 2 OABs. I’ve found each one liked a different voltage. I would recommend starting low and working up. My newest pagoda green OAB is the lowest so far - working really really nice at 9.3v. My older wildfire OAB I never use below 11v and would regularly use at 11.6-11.8. Just goes to show each one is very unique!

SonicBacon

Does anybody have tips for drying the classic VapBong after washing?

I have tried using a dish rack, or hanging upside down on a large hook, but both methods leave me feeling like it is at risk of falling. Any tips would be appreciated.

Top Bottom