Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

CloudMaker

Does anybody have tips for drying the classic VapBong after washing?

I have tried using a dish rack, or hanging upside down on a large hook, but both methods leave me feeling like it is at risk of falling. Any tips would be appreciated.
I use a small air compressor to dry all my “stuff”.

BestBuds

The Dude
When rinsing, use hot water and allow the aromatizer to warm up real good. That will facilitate evaporation. My aromatizer is boner :doh: excuse me, bone dry ;)without too much effort. I too would opt for the hairdryer too if I wanted to get dryer.

Last edited:

notams

toke down Babylon
@SatanLovestoVape Welcome! Re: dumping / filling techniques. Here's what I do:

At your vape station have an empty gallon plastic bottle with lid for dumping and a gallon jug of quality water for filling. Btw, the humongous bottle of juice at Walmart has a wider mouth than a milk mug and is a lot easier to pour into.

No need to unplug, or cover the heater ball. Remove sacred nut, cover the carb with thumb, if you have one - have a carb that is, I'm assuming you have a thumb, but not assuming you have a carb hole. Anyhow, dump out of the mouth hole - don't dump from the down stem.

Then get a plastic squeeze bottle that's used for condiments like ketchup. They sell them at Walmart for $1. Here's mine - note the magic marker line on the side. Use it for filling the pre-determined perfect amount

upload a picture

Bonus - There are zero trips around the house with a hot bong followed by dangling it over a sink. Once was enough for me.

I suggest not letting that dump bucket sit too long, once was enough for me.

@SonicBacon to dry - in your empty clean bong get it as hot as you would a regular session and take a few draws with an empty bowl. The hot air washes over everything and dries it nicely.

Which I used to do after cleaning when I first got it. Then I asked myself, "Why?" and could NOT think of a single reason. So, I quit doing it.

Re: bottle brushes. A must have for easy and thorough cleaning.

I bought an awesome pink silicone bottle brush to match all of the stuff in my wife's kitchen. It's really long handled with a... well, looks like a sex toy. So, no pics or a very vivid description. But, it works Oh, yeah, it woooorks.

doctapeppa

Does anybody have tips for drying the classic VapBong after washing?

I have tried using a dish rack, or hanging upside down on a large hook, but both methods leave me feeling like it is at risk of falling. Any tips would be appreciated.
I usually just fill mine up again as soon as it's clean because I'm going to use it again but if I weren't going to I guess I would simply just leave it where it normally goes and just let it air dry. Is there a specific reason you just aren't letting it air dry?

Edit. Sorry I see a bunch of people answered already. When I came to my PC I guess I hadn't refreshed and didn't know a few people already answered.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Haha yeah when mine is freshly clean, if I'm not going to be using it again soon, I'll let it air dry for two or three days with the ball bowl removed, before I place the ball bowl on top (to protect for any potential water evaporating over the heating element when the ball is connected and the path created)

thunderstealer1337

I cleaned my first 2 vapbongs pretty regularly, but now im cleaning it with iso every weekend after cleaning before storage for the week - I only use it on weekends - if that.

Doing this I have no dark residual marks leftover inside the cracking underneath the glaze after 1-2 months, my previous 2 bongs all got dark and look like this
W6L7Jgm.jpg

notams

toke down Babylon
Dang, @thunderstealer1337 yours looks brand spanking new. You can still smell Dr Colly's dreads on that one.

Mine look(ed) like the black hole of Calcutta (look it up on Wikipedia - horrible story). You shamed me and I cleaned my down spout's "crackle".

The after result was about the same. So, I suppose the take away I got from this is to borrow a page from @1101010100101 's book of wisdom and just not allow it to bother me or consume any thoughts.

Thank you 1101(is that from flight of the concords?) you freed my already liberated mind even more. I dedicate this delicious bowl to you.

Oh yeah, and just in case we didn't beat this dead horse enough, I thought I'd throw in one more thought on drying: When I'm done using it and it's all drained I usually don't care about a single thing at that point and just put it away wet.

Sorry guys, I couldn't resist that joke. It was too easy.

Thank you 1101(is that from flight of the concords?)
No real meaning - just didn’t have a clever username! :);)

to each their own when it comes to cleaning routines - I’m not trying to knock anyone who takes cleaning more seriously than me, just trying to provide a counterpoint as I used my older wildfire quite a lot and the buildup never bothered me or became an issue.

the screen is a different story - I definitely clean that when it starts to get dirty!

vapirtoo

Hot little tune there!
My cleaning ritual varies, but usually a hot soapy water
rinse in the sink followed by vigorous scrubbing with a
drain cleaner brush every other day, alcohol soak overnight weekly.
Just as Notams found out, using a flash light I found
black mold way up on the outside of the downtube.
I had to peer through the carb hole while shining the light
down the mouth piece.
So now I scrub and clean almost daily, but It is easy.

RedEyeFlightControl

Inventor,Maker, Pro Nerd, Entgineer, GladScientist
Manufacturer
As fate would have it, I managed to adopt another AOV VB classic. Obsidian this time - Couldn't say no to the colorway. It really is a nice finish. I've been causially looking for a OAB, but... I mean, come on 😁

Pictured with its older brother, B18 in Blue Azure

1626833222920.png

As fate would have it, I managed to adopt another AOV VB classic. Obsidian this time - Couldn't say no to the colorway. It really is a nice finish. I've been causially looking for a OAB, but... I mean, come on 😁

Pictured with its older brother, B18 in Blue Azure

View attachment 10489
Beauties and they compliment each other well!

Collyland / Daniel

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I’ve had 4 different vapbongs so far - 2 classics (that I let go to others) and 2 OABs. I’ve found each one liked a different voltage. I would recommend starting low and working up. My newest pagoda green OAB is the lowest so far - working really really nice at 9.3v. My older wildfire OAB I never use below 11v and would regularly use at 11.6-11.8. Just goes to show each one is very unique!
We meanwhile build them to have the sweet spot at lower volt setting. That way you can even do low temp dabbing with the vapong or bandit.

We meanwhile build them to have the sweet spot at lower volt setting. That way you can even do low temp dabbing with the vapong or bandit.
I like it - it feels better to keep the vvps lower for many reasons too! It didn’t bother me running at 11.5v but it just feels safer and more efficient to keep it nice and low :)

RedEyeFlightControl

Manufacturer
What is the "sweet spot" voltage for current units, compared to those of last August (when I got my B stock unit)? I'm curios to know how much of a difference to expect. My older VB likes to run at about 11.2 - 11.4V.

RedEyeFlightControl,
Reactions: NimChimpsky

Collyland / Daniel

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I cleaned my first 2 vapbongs pretty regularly, but now im cleaning it with iso every weekend after cleaning before storage for the week - I only use it on weekends - if that.

Doing this I have no dark residual marks leftover inside the cracking underneath the glaze after 1-2 months, my previous 2 bongs all got dark and look like this
W6L7Jgm.jpg
To be honest i also don´t put too much effort in cleaning. Just fresh water every few days is fine for me for a pretty long time. :lol: The brown leftovers will happen anyway. The "crackles" are a special behaviour of ceramics.

What is the "sweet spot" voltage for current units, compared to those of last August (when I got my B stock unit)? I'm curios to know how much of a difference to expect. My older VB likes to run at about 11.2 - 11.4V.
Currently it´s around 10.0., but it´s not possible to find out what it exactly was last august

vapirtoo

I have an April batch VB, and I've gravitated to 11.4 - 11.7.
I've never combusted in this vape thanks to all the member
info. ( I should listen to my wife like this. )
The cleaning thing is very individualistic and mine
will morph all over the place. My baby is still new
so it gets attention. Later on....?
Still my daily driver.

RedEyeFlightControl

Manufacturer
@RedEyeFlightControl my VB from the April 21 batch runs the same, 11.1-11.4 is the spot(s). Controllers read differently when placed on a wood surface vs metal also. I’ve noticed ~.2 difference moving between.
I have an April batch VB, and I've gravitated to 11.4 - 11.7.
I've never combusted in this vape thanks to all the member
info. ( I should listen to my wife like this. )
The cleaning thing is very individualistic and mine
will morph all over the place. My baby is still new
so it gets attention. Later on....?
Still my daily driver.
Sounds like they are pretty close, comparatively speaking. Thanks! I haven't gotten a chance to run the Obsidian unit (from around Jan just prior to the name change, I believe) so I was just curious what to expect.

jbm

Currently it´s around 10.0., but it´s not possible to find out what it exactly was last august
I have a Wildfire OAB I bought in February and I generally keep it around 9.8v. It’s always on, I change the water once a day, and it’s my most used device. Far too easy to crumble a little material into the ball and get big delicious clouds.

Top Bottom