Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

NimChimpsky

unfortunately my OAB came without a Pipe screen. so i cant really use it until that is solved. does anyone know the correct size? preferably in metric numbers
3/4" screens (1.9 cm). Delta 3D studios has some nice heavy duty ones, but surely you can find some at a local shop to get the ball rolling quicker (metaphorically, of course - no one wants a rolling aromatizer ball!)

notams

toke down Babylon
@cptofnthng if you're US based, check out a site called pipescreenz.com (with a Z). I got a 100 pack of 3/4 inch (19mm) screens delivered for about $6. Perfect fit.

.... Or a local cigar shop.

I was locked in at 10.0 forever. I literally "bumped" it up to 10.5. Didn't know it. Prolly hit it with my 3 foot long hookah hose. Completely different experience. Not my cuppa tea. But, amazing how 5% increase (don't check my math - guessed) totally changes flavor, vapor production, number of draws, AVB color, etc. Whooda thunk it?

Side note: our poor German friends who use Google translate must looove figuring out these comments.

Ripstar

Dang, I am running a lot higher. I do smaller loads(brim of the screen setting), stirring between each hit. I am at 11.4. I did notice how slow my draughs have become though compared to at first, where I had a lower temp setting at around 10.5. Still have yet to combust, so all is good! ha

thunderstealer1337

pro tip

do not settle on the same voltage setting from strain to strain

also adjust the temp when your strain starts to dry out

leaving the vapbong heatsoaking for 30 mins, 1 hr, 4hrs and 12+ hrs = different hits when using the same exact draw pressure

ive been fuking combusiont for a little over 1 year now, hundreds of strains well maybe not hundreds has changed the scope for me, settling in on 1/2/3 pre selected heat settings = your missing out on the entire entourage of flavor.

Ive had 3 vapbongs, the first 2 i didnt even swap my ac/dc voltage controller, i drew a line around 10.4 and left it alone, the first 2 worked just fine, the 3rd full control all the time, understanding the temp/voltage your starting at and how the herb is extracting at that setting, I will run the unit anywhere from 9.7 - 11.4 depending on strain.

vapirtoo

Just reread the entire thread and it has been quite a journey with this vape.
From a backwater unknown to a front page wonder, these vapes have enjoyed
a huge swell in its fan base.
Mine arrived this April 28 and has been in daily use.
Thunderstealer1, I have not gotten into temp variations as I'm currently
focusing on draw speed and length. I do believe that your method of matching
temps to different strains is effective, most times I'm too stoned to remember
what the fuck is in the bowl. ( was that CBD hemp or THC buds )
Currently this is where I'm at:
The sacred nut is never left in, always cool always unattached
Fresh water with cranberry concentrate every morning
Temps steady at 11.0 for now right in the middle of Thunderstealer's range.
No grinding only hand shredding
Amount doesn't matter from micro to mega, draw rate is key
My whole setup is on the cardboard that it came in.
I've covered the cardboard with baking parchment,
I've pressed indentations into the cardboard to hold the sacred nut.
My precious is always over wooden floors or rugs.

cptofnthng

i find i sometimes get nice and heavy hits, usually the second of a fresh bowl, idk why but sometimes i get whispy hits too. never covered more than the screen part. abv sometimes is evenly brown, sometimes not. still things to learn here.
havent varied voltage much, just below 10 seems fine.

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper
I run my Vapbong at 9.5, my Mini Bandit at 8.5, and my Viking at 7.5. So sorta a pattern.The hits will vary due to the many factors listed above. That’s part of the Collyland experience to me. Some strains will change profile just by leaving it in the grinder so it dries out some overnight. The screens on the Vapbong and Mini Bandit both will get very dirty but just on half of the screen. The Viking screen stays very clean due to the heater being directly over the bowl. This is due to the difference in airflow thru the bowls. But they all are capable of being some of the best devices in your collection.

i find i sometimes get nice and heavy hits, usually the second of a fresh bowl, idk why but sometimes i get whispy hits too. never covered more than the screen part. abv sometimes is evenly brown, sometimes not. still things to learn here.
havent varied voltage much, just below 10 seems fine.
The whispy hits you describe sounds to me like maybe your bowl isn’t properly seated/sealed? That’s the only way I’ve ever not gotten a huge cloud when I expected to!

vapirtoo

You want an almost fool proof seal every time?
Put raw honey on the downstem lip, smear a little
on the bottom of the sacred nut, and the seal is like
an airlock.
And yes my erstwhile vapor compatriots, I licked
the honey right off the warm sacred nut.
I just tried this a moment ago, after weeks of
eye balling, and so far it has exceeded my
expectations! Huge clouds!
Took me 10 minutes to type this! LOL

someTooL

The finding the seal was my most important starting point also. I used it for almost a week before I tilted “the nut” ever so slightly. It was like a second lockdown. The underside of “the nut” showed the slight stain or lack of stain of the air leak. Clouds went up, voltage went down after finding the seal.

SquirrelMaster

Mine is waiting at home will get to use tonight. Any tips or last wishes before my maiden voyage? Cheers and happy holidays all!
Give it a nice long heat soak. I'd start at 11V which after it's best soaked should drop to 10V, at least that's been my experience. Both my OAB and VB are at 10.2/10.3V after sitting for an hour and I like the results.

----------------------------------------------------

I really like my Lamart whip but I would never recommend one for the VB/OAB, there's way to much draw resistance introduced imo. Also I'd want the length longer personally.

Ripstar

The new OAB Black/blue Cobblestone arrived. It's beautiful, viewing it on the site, I wasn't quite positive what the splotches looked like in person. But wow, it's a gorgeous gold and a lighter blue. The white pops more in the pictures, the contrast is unreal! Definitely much smaller than the original design but with the ball fitted on top, I can't wait to see the results. Heat sinking now at 10.2, hopefully, be in use in the next 10 minutes. Once again, @Jaxel and Collyland killed it!

Top Bottom