Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

notams

toke down Babylon
@YaMon I'm pretty sure the voltage regulator is included as standard with each unit. Hey, thinking of your name, I'm vaping Tally Mon, ya mon it's good.

My AoV issued power unit works fine. I thought I could do better with a "better" one from Amazon. No real diff in performance. Just as finicky and hard to dial in as the original. Which is part of the whole experience.

But, at least I have a back up. Remember kids: 2 is 1 and 1 is none when the SHTF.

google images mobile size[/url

Edit: added picture

Last edited:

passenger

is this thing on?
Remember kids: 2 is 1 and 1 is none when the SHTF.
One is the lonliest number since the number one.
Snl Season 44 GIF by Saturday Night Live

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
@YaMon they do include a power supply with all units as far as I know.

@YaMon I'm pretty sure the voltage regulator is included as standard with each unit. Hey, thinking of your name, I'm vaping Tally Mon, ya mon it's good.

My AoV issued power unit works fine. I thought I could do better with a "better" one from Amazon. No real diff in performance. Just as finicky and hard to dial in as the original. Which is part of the whole experience.

But, at least I have a back up. Remember kids: 2 is 1 and 1 is none when the SHTF.

google images mobile size[/url
Edit: added picture
Thanks @letter never sent and @notams I am a big proponent of redundancy!

caliganja420

37-CE4-D48-76-FF-4265-9217-11-CFF335-C0-A0.jpg

really enjoying my blooming blue, i was using it around 12 volts and sadly I combusted yesterday and immediately cleaned everything with ISO. the Aftertaste of alcohol was terrible and had to rinse with soap and hot water several times. Have It set at 11.6 now. Very nice rips, definitely more free flowing then anything I’ve tried. Got an Apache 3800 case for travel. Cheers to everyone, seems like really good vibes in this thread. I guess my only complaint Would be the looooong heat up time, but the Smart Plug has made things so much easier. Thank you Dr. colly for your invention!

really enjoying my blooming blue, i was using it around 12 volts and sadly I combusted yesterday and immediately cleaned everything with ISO. the Aftertaste of alcohol was terrible and had to rinse with soap and hot water several times. Have It set at 11.6 now. Very nice rips, definitely more free flowing then anything I’ve tried. Got an Apache 3800 case for travel. Cheers to everyone, seems like really good vibes in this thread. I guess my only complaint Would be the looooong heat up time, but the Smart Plug has made things so much easier. Thank you Dr. colly for your invention!
Glad to see my old blooming blue is in good hands! Enjoy it!

notams

toke down Babylon
I never smoked. My only experience with cannabis is vaping however, my experience doesn't sound unique. The moment smoke hits my mouth it's immediate disgust. Like, instant YUCK, spit it out, don't inhale, clean everything, air out the room, brush teeth, and apologize to wife for stinking up the room. I can't imagine anyone would purposely do that more than once. Curiosity may lead one to try inhaling smoke once but, seriously, that is so gross it takes serious commitment to continue.

That helps me really appreciate those that come from the dark side (combustion) and freak out over flavor. I'm like, "isn't it always like that? What's the big deal?". I get it now.

@Rollingstoned (absolutely live that name by the way) You complained about the long heat up time: I roll with mine plugged in and live 24/7. Heat up wait time is zero. Always on demand vapor within moments of sitting down. Any time day or night. Zero wait time ever.

Re: potential damage to the unit being continuously on. There was a video or post somewhere where Dr Colly himself had his has been on 24/7 for 7 years. Good 'nuff for me.

Re: energy cost or energy waste of being on when not in use. Ummm, I'm American I don't concern myself with that shit. Joking. Jeesh take it easy. But, seriously, I don't care.

Ripstar

Wow! love the little "cotton ball" bursts on it. Sorry to hear about the combustion though.

thunderstealer1337

How do you guys combust? Ive never and only gotten hot spotting with a huge bowl like 2+ grams

How hard are you hitting it? That's the only way I can see it combusting is like barely drawing enough air through the chamber

thunderstealer1337,
Reactions: Ramahs

notams

toke down Babylon
@BestBuds perfect gif for the feeling!

To the newbies (of which I count myself): Don't worry about combustion in your new Aromatizer. It'll maybe happen a few times until you get it dialed in. The first week was brutal. Then like once every few hundred bowls since the fist week. So, 0.01% for 6 months.

@thunderstealer1337 I think I combust(ed) from either a combination of too high voltage, too fast / slow draw, remove ball too late, too many draws without poking and stirring, or just idk - shit happens. But, mostly hotspots.

@letter never sent I agree. #1 reason combustion happens is unchecked hotspots.

That's what I was talking about re getting it "dialed in". Once you've tasted a toke with a hotspot and thought, "WTF was that?" and saw that little black spot forming right before it turns to shit... you start figuring out what causes fire real fast. Then it's just not getting hotspots and you're golden.

It becomes second nature. How many of you guys are DV users? Remember when you were a newbie and flamed one a day? And now you're like, "what the hell are you people doing? It's not that hard!" and you haven't combusted once in 2 years. Yeah, it's like that.

vapirtoo

I've never combusted, but have come close with the taste warning me.
I'm now vaping at 10.3. I've been all over the temps range from 11.4 down to
9.8. It seems that your draw rate is what really matters , WTF it is a pure convection
type vape!
I went over board( too strong ) with the cranberry extract and had froth bubbling
into my mouth until I really diluted it to a light pink color.
Two months of daily driving and my original screen still cleans up with some
ISO. and a rinse.
I just started turning mine off at night.
A friend took a heavy pull of some CBD and immediately went to the Collyland site.
Thank God I have mine already! :clap:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I've never had a full-on combustion event, but can scorch if I'm on the upper voltage and don't draw quick enough, taking too long of a hit... Never enough to spoil the flavor of the ceramic fortunately. I definitely have pushed mine at times, but still pretty cautious to avoid any smoke, so I find the aromatizer perfectly capable yet tameable!

thunderstealer1337

I've never come close to combustion either. Just the occasional hotspot when I draw too slow. I could see it happening if I turned the voltage up a bunch and continued to draw slow though.
Huh this is why I'm confused, all the videos I saw don't really depict this type of use. I recall one of the #1 marketing terms he had was how lovely the bubbling/gurgling sound the vapbong makes, or how it's harmonized or something. If you don't hit it hard it doesn't make any noise, that's why I'm like something is wrong with their technique

vapirtoo

yo Taz
That's one sharp ass photo you got there!
Loving it! And you have it outside.
That is a wooden floor....for safety?
I now fill so that I can see water in the
down tube about 2cm over the holes?
That gives that rumbling shaking feel
when I pull, also a pulsating feel on my
thumb blocking the carb.
I'm in vape heaven!
VAS has been slayed!!!!!.......... for now :tup:

Taz German

Prall durch's All!
Maybe that's a better perspective? :lol:
_20210619_203834.JPG
So far so good. Pendelt the "condition" (I liked that!) in at around 10 straight. The fist bowl was at 10.4 after the heat soak. Near combustion. Second on 10.2 and it was still a bit harsh. The next attempt was 10 and jackpot! Smooth and flavor par excellence. Love it.

SquirrelMaster

Started my day with some homegrown Tangie Borealis (Tangie x Northern Light) in the Obsidian VapBandit. I really love this device.
Maybe that's a better perspective? :lol:
View attachment 9371
So far so good. Pendelt the "condition" (I liked that!) in at around 10 straight. The fist bowl was at 10.4 after the heat soak. Near combustion. Second on 10.2 and it was still a bit harsh. The next attempt was 10 and jackpot! Smooth and flavor par excellence. Love it.
I don't think there can be a wrong prospective for that stunner. I LOVE the glaze! I watched Luca with the kids last night so it's giving me an ocean sort of vibe.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Started my day with some homegrown Tangie Borealis (Tangie x Northern Light) in the Obsidian VapBandit. I really love this device.

That sounds like a fantastic strain!

I don't think there can be a wrong prospective for that stunner. I LOVE the glaze! I watched Luca with the kids last night so it's giving me an ocean sort of vibe.

Yeah I think I will need to warm up the Tahiti Grape bandit when I watch lol oceanic!

Top Bottom