Induction Heater ClickAndGo by Katalyzer

R0cket

Hi @R0cket - it sounds like it is functioning as normal and the battery is simply running out.

There is no blue warning light to show 0-30% battery.

You can see in my manual, the text about the blue light is crossed out. If you're getting +-30 full heat cycles or like 50 clicks, it's working as intended.
Oh wow, thanks for the heads up, for some reason mine came without a manual.

Much more relieved now!

Cheers

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Just received mine yesterday. Really really pleased with it. So far no issues with led but I have only charged it twice.

Swapped glass insert and using 3 pads for good heating. Playing with my vapcaps but working great with all (2019 m, 2021 Omni and titanium tip and low temp cap.

Current fav is titanium with low temp.

It's also great with concentrates. Excellent with keif mix, good with bubble hash and I'm now going to get a concentrate coil.
I paid 114 euros.
I now love my vapcaps.....

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Just received mine yesterday. Really really pleased with it. So far no issues with led but I have only charged it twice.

Swapped glass insert and using 3 pads for good heating. Playing with my vapcaps but working great with all (2019 m, 2021 Omni and titanium tip and low temp cap.

Current fav is titanium with low temp.

It's also great with concentrates. Excellent with keif mix, good with bubble hash and I'm now going to get a concentrate coil.
I paid 114 euros.
I now love my vapcaps.....
The DynaCoil is great.

I recommend you burn it clean with a torch after every load.

If you keep loading without cleaning it will begin to heat more slowly.

Using the Alpine is almost tedious after using the FTV. You will likely be more and more pleased as time goes by....

Viva La Vape!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi Folks, I dig a lot my ClickAndGo (not the name though) even if I still use my Wand as a VapCap IH in the same time. ClickAndGo is better to preserve flavors for all the session, I found it works especially well with the Ti tips and new caps, I'm always impressed by the n° of hits I can get out of a such small load, and, when I think it's finished I realize there is still some life in the abv (but usually dump it though). Yes that IH and the new Vong (in fact my first VapCap since the Og and the M2017) converted me to the VapCap, previously I was rarely using my Caps, now it's an everyday vaping tool!

About setups, I use my Ti tip with a silver opium pipe (16cm long), it's so classy and vapor is smooth since that long vaporpath. So I removed my SS tip&cap from my O'M2017 and put it on the VonG. filled the bowl with SS mesh and I use it paired with Wand for Concentrates only (mainly) since the Wand doesn't heat up the new Ti tips&caps. In my opinion the Wand is better for concentrates cause it looks like it saturates the tip&cap with heat before the "clic" happens, no need to go "past the clic" if you want bigger hits and low temp users will need to work in order to stop before the clic. On top of that I believe it's better to heat a VapCap loaded with wax upright and not upside down like with most (all) others IH, that's my thoughts...

Like some others peoples mentionned I found also the battery life rather short, although induction is hungry with power and 3 000mah is not a lot for this sort of devices. If it was only 1 000mah we couldn't get more than 15-20 hits per charge imho.

treep

Was about to pick up one of these but then I noticed that it has li-po batteries, and I recalled seeing this on another IH manufacturer's website: "We do not use ‘pouch-style’ li-po batteries at all, because we do not think that they are safe enough. We do not recommend the use of li-po cells in a high-draw, continuous-use scenario like an induction heater under any circumstances" https://vapoven.com/about-our-batteries/

Anyone have any knowledge about the safety of these types of batteries in an IH?

treep,

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Thanks for the heads up.

This link inside your link really spelled out the dangers. https://www.thedronegirl.com/2015/02/07/lipo-battery/

I've already charged it directly after use more than few times and this says I should let it cool before plugging it in. I just ordered a fire proof pouch designed for holding the IH while charging.

If I can avoid burning down my apartment building, I think I should. I too am interested in more knowledgeable opinions RE: these batteries in an IH.

VapeEscapist,
Reactions: treep

treep

Vapefully have their own version of this back in stock: https://vapefully.com/product/vapeheater-go-induction-heater/#

I was talking to their chat support, and they told me that this one definitely has lithium ion batteries not lithium polymer. I'm going to order one, but I have a feeling this won't be the case when I open it up and check, as I'd imagine it's a carbon copy of the other induction heaters with the same design... it's worth taking a chance anyway!

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
@treep - There's misprints, discrepancies, poor labeling, and poor translations, in all of the online information as well as the small paper manual I got for the FTV.

I would not be surprised if none of these have LiPo batteries, and none of them are 3000mAh. I did buy a fireproof LiPo charging pouch (cheap on amazon) to be extra safe but I honestly don't think it's necessary. I read a lot of information around how and why LiPo batteries catch fire. LiPo batteries are assembled with flat slab-like cells. Most LiPos used in RC cars are 2- or 3-cell configurations. Often 3300, 4000, 5000mAh etc. Failures occur when the cells have uneven charges, are charged with improperly rated cord, charged while hot after usage, or when they become physically damaged (like the RC car crashed). If the FTV is 1000mAh it is almost certainly running a single cell, so that makes failure due to uneven charging impossible. Encased in aluminum I imagine it would difficult to damage the battery even if dropped or thrown around a bit in say luggage. I always let my FTV cool down a bit before plugging it in and always use a charge cord rated 5.1v or lower. Even without the addition of the fire proof pouch I believe the FTV is perfectly safe to use. The FTV I own gets about as many clicks as the 2021 Alpine I own but performs more consistently from first heating to last.

I also just found this: https://www.thesourcev.com/collections/top-products/products/ranger-ih - If Source V weren't the least reliable company I've ever dealt with, I would be intrigued. This look like an improvement on the FTV for about the same price. Man, I wish Source weren't so awful.

RE: the Vape Heater model. I personally don't care for the resin substance on top and prefer the plain black aluminum but that's probably just aesthetic and has no real functional difference (other than size).

treep

So I got the VapeHeater Go... opened it up and it has Lithium Polymer batteries, as I suspected. The internals are the exact same as what was postied previously in this thread. I contacted VapeFully to let them know, and they responded with this: "I'm very sorry that you received false information on the battery type in VH GO from our team. However, we had contacted the manufacturer about the battery before and the battery has a range of safety functions, preventing such issues as overcharging, discharging or overheating; it's supposedly safer than, e.g., 18650 batteries.".

While I'd prefer if it had li-ion batteries, overall it's a very nice IH, and it's a much nicer experience for me than using a torch. I tried out changing the glass to the the new one with 3 silicone pads but I found that it took a long time to click and it would almost be to the point of combustion so I just went back to how it initially came and it seems good for me.

I know that they've given assurances on the battery and so has @VapeEscapist but I still don't have 100% peace of mind about it... I'm at about 80% 😂 so I'm trying to decide whether to keep it, or return it and get an Apollo 2 for now and maybe a Mad Sense in the future. I think I'll use it for a week and try to decide... I want to test the battery life on it a bit too 🙂

Last edited:

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
So I got the VapeHeater Go... opened it up and it has Lithium Polymer batteries, as I suspected. The internals are the exact same as what was postied previously in this thread. I contacted VapeFully to let them know, and they responded with this: "I'm very sorry that you received false information on the battery type in VH GO from our team. However, we had contacted the manufacturer about the battery before and the battery has a range of safety functions, preventing such issues as overcharging, discharging or overheating; it's supposedly safer than, e.g., 18650 batteries.".

While I'd prefer if it had li-ion batteries, overall it's a very nice IH, and it's a much nicer experience for me than using a torch. I tried out changing the glass to the the new one with 3 silicone pads but I found that it took a long time to click and it would almost be to the point of combustion so I just went back to how it initially came and it seems good for me.

I know that they've given assurances on the battery and so has @VapeEscapist but I still don't have 100% peace of mind about it... I'm at about 80% 😂 so I'm trying to decide whether to keep it, or return it and get an Apollo 2 for now and maybe a Mad Sense in the future. I think I'll use it for a week and try to decide... I want to test the battery life on it a bit too 🙂
The battery life is exactly as advertised for me so far. I'm also glad to see they said the device has well implemented safeguards in place.

If it makes you feel any better buy one of these, like I did.

^7USD

I always slide it into this after plugging it in and never charge it when I'm not in the room with it. And of course, always use a properly rated plug.

VapeEscapist,
Reactions: treep

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
One good thing I read about LiPo batteries is that they release their charge more consistently from beginning to end. One of the drawbacks is they tend to have less charges per battery lifetime.

Using a Source V Alpine alongside the FTV I found the Alpine heats slower and slower as the battery dies and the FTV heats perfectly consistently from charged to depleted, which is nice.

b0

Cloudy...
I'm between this and the UFO, as both are the easiest ones to get in Europe. Anyone has both and has been able to compare them side to side?

b0,

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I'm between this and the UFO, as both are the easiest ones to get in Europe. Anyone has both and has been able to compare them side to side?
I only have the click and go, and until mad heaters get sorted it works brilliant.
The ufo looks more pocketable and has the same battery size (I think) so I would go for the form factor you prefer.....

Steamer

After my Cuboo experience I wasn't sure if I was going to have another go at this one, but last week I decided to go for the Katalyzer and it might have been the best vaping related purchase so far.

I plugged it in as soon as I got it, monitored the charging and after an hour or so, I got the solid red light! This device seems to be charging fine but the charge indication is still a bit wonky. No deal breaker for me though, the battery life is more than sufficient for my use and I charge it on a daily base.

The performance is absolutely great, it's definitely on the hotter side but the roast is (fairly) even. The infrared sensor makes the experience perfect, I'd definitely recommend it now!

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
I plugged it in as soon as I got it, monitored the charging and after an hour or so, I got the solid red light!
I found I can often get the solid red light if I charge it while it's on.

Also, even when the light continues to blink, I'm convinced the unit stops drawing a charge once it's full. When it's charging it's warm and when it's done it will be ice cold. That way you can know when to unplug it.

I used my FTV in Amsterdam last month to vape G13 isolator off the DynaCoil at Barneys Breakfast bar. 10/10, would vape again.

Steamer

I found I can often get the solid red light if I charge it while it's on.

Also, even when the light continues to blink, I'm convinced the unit stops drawing a charge once it's full. When it's charging it's warm and when it's done it will be ice cold. That way you can know when to unplug it.
Mine is switched off and I've been using the original charger that came with it. I'm really using it like I'm supposed to and it's working brilliantly, very nice for a change :lol:

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Hi together,
So after some time is gone does your heater still works, are the batterys still not exploded, are you still like it?
Had one for 6 months now. Use it every day. Charge it every day. Dropped it last week and it broke the glass tube but I replaced that and it's all still good.
I like the adjustability using the pads. I use 2.
Until mad get their sense ih out the k will do me.
A mate has the UFO and that is performing well and is better imo ergonomically (but no DV stash). I would buy the UFO if I was buying again.

happynomoretobacco

Got the Vapeheater Go yesterday with a 2021 M
It was a replacement from a defect other device - thanks to the people from VapeFully.com they take really care about their customers big big thumbs up!!!
Its my first dynavap first Ih so i start the game.
Works perfect out of the box i got big clouds - flavour is not the best but is very effizient also with small loads. How can i fix the screen in the upper position?
It always falls out.
How can i get the glass Tube out of the heater to try other?
Thx

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Got the Vapeheater Go yesterday with a 2021 M
It was a replacement from a defect other device - thanks to the people from VapeFully.com they take really care about their customers big big thumbs up!!!
Its my first dynavap first Ih so i start the game.
Works perfect out of the box i got big clouds - flavour is not the best but is very effizient also with small loads. How can i fix the screen in the upper position?
It always falls out.
How can i get the glass Tube out of the heater to try other?
Thx

If same as klick and go.....
To remove the glass I squeeze my little finger in and it slides out. There is a red o ring at top which will probably stay in the body. When replacing the tube a bit of shaking gets the I ring back and you can slide tube in. Otherwise 4 screws underneath. It's very easy either way.

Top Bottom