Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
@Bologna
I noticed you got talked out of getting drop downs. 😟 That's too bad. I'm actually enjoying mine lately. Oh well. Maybe next order. 😁
Drop down makes a great stand with my j hook (also not on your list btw). Sorry for the filth. Short notice.
Ha, no, @LesPlenty only talked some sense (more was needed, obviously... you guys pretty much failed miserably) into me... I've used the same and they never last, I was just being lazy, even tho I can run down to the local vape shop and get one of similar quality for like $2 more... but I decided to look harder for a better one (or two), maybe something US made, or custom even... :tup:

As for j-hooks... I've had a couple of stevens (or sunshinestore?) for a few years now and use one with a cheap ash-catcher as a mini-bubbler ($15 total) that actually hits quite nice with a Dyna and is almost like hitting a j cuz the mp is so small... I rarely use it, tho, especially now cuz I got one of O'Connell Woodworks "Intercooler" j-hooks that works well enough w/o the need for water (though it is still MUCH preferred).
Zq99gmH.jpg

Just gave my other China j-hook (had to buy three and broke one) to my buddy, Gil, along with the smoking bowl that came with the dabbing warehouse kit (metal keck clip, too)... he loves it! Let's see how long it lasts... I give it no more than 2 weeks until he starts bugging me for another one. Glass is a lesson many take a long time to learn... thank gawd for cheap glass!

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I decided to look harder for a better one (or two), maybe something US made, or custom even... :tup:
I would like an Oregan Glass Blower version that actually drops a bit (you can specify how much of a drop and shape to clear the central joint cans). They are supposed to be quite robust...just that damned freight to Oz...I will just keep buying 5 packs off the gate cheap.

arb

Semi shaved ape
I would like an Oregan Glass Blower version that actually drops a bit (you can specify how much of a drop and shape to clear the central joint cans). They are supposed to be quite robust...just that damned freight to Oz...I will just keep buying 5 packs off the gate cheap.
Nobody blowing glass in oz?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Only the 'Z' shaped version, the one you have is a different story, I have, use and recommend the same you have pictured @ezpz :tup:

Ah might you have a link to one of the good dropdowns perchance? I think I will probably be needing one or two, depending on the male to male female to female and sizes of course! Yeah OGB seems to make some very nice ones, quite pricey though!

That straight fab looks like a good one. Whose is it? CCG?

:rofl:Yeah that looks like the CCG one (they are the only one?) perhaps back when they were on DHgate for $50-70?? So the same as the CaliBear one I am looking at... I see now maybe you are tempted as well :brow:

Yeah thank you for that vid Les, confirms my desire further, and I guess if I used it with a clear drop down that would make the milk blue's opaque joint more tolerable...

Oh and just to be comprehensive, here is my post from the other new glass thread showing my current full damage:
Hahaha yeah I know I let you all down! But fear not, I did message CaliBear to ask about possibly extending the discount for me, they are responded right away last night and are going to ask the boss... Seems like pretty good customer service, they should take care of you @mixchu69 bc yeah anything cracked should be replaced right away? Now that I am fairly sure I want the straight fab, I'll just buy during the next sale if I have to!

So far my total, I got the two GooRoo quartz bangers, which ended up being three since one of the opaque bottom has a chip at the top, the replacement is absolutely perfect though and the broken one still works fine... Have not tried the thermal banger yet, but yeah very good $40 spent here!

Then I fell down the DHgate rabbit hole though, and I am still digging myself out of it (wait, when you're digging out of a hole, do you just dig down deeper and deeper and deeper until you come out the other end of the world??)

1. Silver fumed clear and Blue inline pillar rigs (9 inches tall, 14mm) $67 shipped for the pair...
2. Small blue inline klein recycler rig (14mm) $43 shipped...
3. Gooseneck diffusion pump rattlecan from Steven $62 shipped (still annoyed it's only $50 now lol)
4. Tall spiked tube (11 inch, 14mm) with small inline perc $39 shipped...

And now we're talking about another $111 for the 11.8inch CCG CaliBear straight fab with Flower of Life perc in Milk Blue color (18mm) when possible to get the 20% off again... Sorry I gave everyone blueballs (or indigovaries) by taking too long to buy it! :lol:

Finally (I hope) would be this little SunshineStore 14mm male showerhead, I asked about them possibly customizing to replace the mouthpiece with an 18mm male joint so I could connect all my various female mouthpieces and hydrotubes, however they didn't seem to understand that request? So I decided to focus on instead getting them to provide 14mm female to female adapter and 18mm female to female adapter for me instead of the glass nail and bowl it comes with standard... Should be around $23 shipped? TBD

However, if this place with the large shower head 9inch wedding cake rig does get back to me that they can replace the mouthpiece with 18mm male, then I may have to order that as well... I don't think it is so worthwhile for me to get it as is with current mouthpiece, given the form factor etc, but yeah I like the looks of that perc and the glass color options for only $44 shipped.

And I hope finally finally, I've discovered this from yingmin now, that could actually work as a fun modular piece, a way to use hydro tube in bubbler configuration, like a 18mm male to 18mm male j-hook adapter with foot stand base for $25 shipped:
Screenshot-20210621-134009.png

Or I could just go with this hydrobase, circ perc makes it similar to the FC mod can I already have to use this way, however I still think this form factor would be better... And hey the circ perc is at least more of a fountain head circ here so a little different than the more shower head circ I already have, only $27 shipped:
Screenshot-20210621-134159.png

I suppose I could sell my FC mod can with circ perc and the mouthpiece, if I get this hydrobase... Just not sure if it's actually going to be any better?! :freak:

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks
I thought you were trying to decide between all the different bubblers. Didn't think you'd just get all of them. 😂 Good choice btw. And that male/male j hook foot stand piece would probably be in my cart if both ends was 18mm females. Just my personal preference.

Haha yeah well there were a lot of others that I shared here, that I was trying to decide between, to stop me from buying the CaliBear straight fab... Don't worry they are all still in my DHgate cart just in case! :rofl:

Yeah I actually like that it is male, for connecting to the hydrotubes which are female, and also I have a lot of female mouthpieces to connect... However I will need a female to female adapter, I think to connect most of my vapes, but I like that both connections are male on the piece so I could put my mouthpiece on either side actually...

Hoping sunshine store hooks me up with the female to female adapters with that little shower head for my FW7, because otherwise they force you to buy two of the same size in their listing for the adapters, although I'm sure there are other places to buy (like the 18mm grav one from vgoodiez is only $12 anyway)

Although if sunshine does not come through, I might just get the hydrobase instead of that many shower head? Maybe instead of the yingmin adapter hook too... Or I could get sunshine with the yingmin to cover the bases!

Shit Snacks

Yeah. I figured it was for hydrotubes. For me, I would want it both female to match my Sheldon bong. So basically, I can use the same pieces interchangeably, without requiring more adapters. Plus it looks like the herborizer j hook/stand that I always wanted to try.

Yeah, we have the exact opposite needs basically lol it is interesting that it doesn't have one of them as female, I bet they could probably customize it for you? Make both female, if you send them a message... Especially if you put in the order, then don't pay, but message them to say you want to customize and will pay if they can confirm?

ezpz

Yeah, we have the exact opposite needs basically lol it is interesting that it doesn't have one of them as female, I bet they could probably customize it for you? Make both female, if you send them a message... Especially if you put in the order, then don't pay, but message them to say you want to customize and will pay if they can confirm?
I'll give it a try someday. Ain't got that itch right now, but when I do, that's the first place I'm scratching. Plus I just ordered an ash catcher (father's day). Can't put too many vape related charges on the CC bill (gotta wait till next month 😌).

Shit Snacks

007.jpg

I still consider this to be our best bang for buck piece.
The perks do go all the way through and it hits fantastic.
We grabbed 2 of them for $67 A piece a couple years ago.
Quality is very good and would do again.
😁

Beautiful, I came across that one, as it is one of the last DHgate inline to honeycomb like mine, except yeah it's crazy because then it goes fab to matrix to spikes too!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Ah might you have a link to one of the good dropdowns perchance?
Here is where I got my last lot, he sells larger amounts than 2 by the way.
Whose is it? CCG?
It was, now at Colibear...good for dabs but a bit restrictive for herb vapes except for the really free flowers and then it is only OK. :tup:

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
:rofl:Yeah that looks like the CCG one (they are the only one?) perhaps back when they were on DHgate for $50-70?? So the same as the CaliBear one I am looking at... I see now maybe you are tempted as well
I have always been tempted by a good straight fab. I just didn't/don't need any more glass. We have seen how little that means in the grand scheme of things when I am feeling weak. Or needy.

I WAS a lot more tempted at $50, however.
good for dabs but a bit restrictive for herb vapes except for the really free flowers and then it is only OK.
And this helps reduce my temptation.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

And this helps reduce my temptation.

I know, damnit @LesPlenty I just got CaliBear to get extend the 20% off for me to grab one now, primarily to use with herbs... I was thinking it would be useful for heavy hitters with halogen, my heat islands (mainly the new large one I am getting) and a little Tetra, TM, SplinterZ, maybe GH and Piro too?

Shit Snacks

Get it dude. You know you will be bummed if you don't and they are really making it easy for you. I say go for it.
:brow:

Thank you, I love the back and forth discouragement and encouragement, jives well with my decision-making process :lol:

Yeah thanks to you and another member, who reminded me I am also excited to try it out dry without water (have an idea about popping it in the freezer for the fab egg to cool vapor further) now I've got my order in!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I called Goo Roo today and my Big Inline was sitting there as they had misplaced my specific request for their signage. I confirmed it for them and it should ship tomorrow. I appreciate that they didn't want to just go ahead and guess. It wouldn't have been a huge deal but they wanted to do it right. Another reason to like them.

mixchu69

I know, damnit @LesPlenty I just got CaliBear to get extend the 20% off for me to grab one now, primarily to use with herbs... I was thinking it would be useful for heavy hitters with halogen, my heat islands (mainly the new large one I am getting) and a little Tetra, TM, SplinterZ, maybe GH and Piro too?
I sent message to Calibear about the crack on my exosphere and yet to hear back (been a few days) @Shit Snacks, what email did u reach out to them? Info@calibearofficial.com? I used sales @calibearofficial.com
TIA

Shit Snacks

I sent message to Calibear about the crack on my exosphere and yet to hear back (been a few days) @Shit Snacks, what email did u reach out to them? Info@calibearofficial.com? I used sales @calibearofficial.com
TIA

I actually hit them up on Instagram! But after my order, I realized I forgot to request no logo in the notes, so then I emailed and messaged for that, but have not heard back yet, could be odd hours or potentially even time difference I think... Yeah info is the right email listed on the website and where my order confirmation came from, not sales btw

Edit: and they already got back to be by email only a few hours later, said they would send without logos and provide tracking ASAP so pretty good service so far!

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I have always been tempted by a good straight fab. I just didn't/don't need any more glass. We have seen how little that means in the grand scheme of things when I am feeling weak. Or needy.

I hear you, friend. We're all a part of the circle of glass, whether or not we want to be.
It's a beautiful thing though! Might as well embrace it.

Top Bottom