Cheap High Quality Bubbler

jl420

I see this and ZDGlass posted a lot on other spots. I'm just not that into the heady stuff unless the function is interesting, and none of that stuff really has been. But I m ean if you like it go for it.

I have no idea how they do the UV stuff though. I'm just irrationally terrified of colored Chinese glass.
I thought of sending it to a lab for XRF testing, I think I even found a reasonably priced lab, but then I just decided I was going to way too much lol. They need to make XRF Analyzers cheaper!

http://imgur.com/AjHutAs

I bought this UV piece for $300 from @pieceofmind and well worth the money. Stands over 8" high with female 14mm joint. I've seen a couple China UV rigs but nothing stood out and decided to go with a local glass artist.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I see this and ZDGlass posted a lot on other spots. I'm just not that into the heady stuff unless the function is interesting, and none of that stuff really has been. But I m ean if you like it go for it.

I have no idea how they do the UV stuff though. I'm just irrationally terrified of colored Chinese glass.
I thought of sending it to a lab for XRF testing, I think I even found a reasonably priced lab, but then I just decided I was going to way too much lol. They need to make XRF Analyzers cheaper!

I bought this UV piece for $300 from @pieceofmind and well worth the money. Stands over 8" high with female 14mm joint. I've seen a couple China UV rigs but nothing stood out and decided to go with a local glass artist.
GyKvZUz.jpg

I hear ya!
81 F and it's not summer yet?
I got this piece 5 years ago.
$26.00 at the time.
When I opened a custom piece from my
CA glass blower for $500.00 and it falls on the floor?

jl420

GyKvZUz.jpg

I hear ya!
81 F and it's not summer yet?
I got this piece 5 years ago.
$26.00 at the time.
When I opened a custom piece from my
CA glass blower for $500.00 and it falls on the floor?

Ouch that hurts!!! :doh: If I drop a China piece oh well spend another $40 and get another. I bought a custom recycler from @budderglass for $250 second weekend I reached across the table and sent it flying to the floor...:cry: Gotta be extra careful with those expensive CIVILIZED custom rigs :wave:

biohacker

I hear ya @ataxian i'm not much different busting 2 glass pieces recently. I will probably never buy glass again unless it's a china dhgate piece for $50 or less. Both glass pieces I broke were more than $50!

Accidents with glass just can happen so easily!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I hear ya @ataxian i'm not much different busting 2 glass pieces recently. I will probably never buy glass again unless it's a china dhgate piece for $50 or less. Both glass pieces I broke were more than $50!

n0oGkZn.jpg

I'm going to have a custom piece with a small mouthpiece? DHGATE just copy.

This batch of GIRL SCOUT COOKIES is outstanding. PAIRED an OGB mouthpiece with a dhgate piece. Seem's to work great?

Fuck I'm hammered!

abcd5432

It's nice, I just don't see why I should pay $300. That's art for you though. I'm obviously not an art person. Give me a spreadsheet.... please.....

Value is hard to pin down on art and I don't like that.

This is the piece in his post btw for anyone wondering:
AjHutAs.jpg

I'll get a UV Piece soon though. I didn't know they were UV at first, I thought people were just crazy lighting. Now I definitely am interested, I just need a good piece.

Edit: It's also my completely unfounded belief that a lot of the heady stuff out of China hides the poor worksmanship of the glass.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
It's nice, I just don't see why I should pay $300. That's art for you though. I'm obviously not an art person. Give me a spreadsheet.... please.....

Value is hard to pin down on art and I don't like that.

This is the piece in his post btw for anyone wondering:
AjHutAs.jpg

I'll get a UV Piece soon though. I didn't know they were UV at first, I thought people were just crazy lighting. Now I definitely am interested, I just need a good piece.

Edit: It's also my completely unfounded belief that a lot of the heady stuff out of China hides the poor worksmanship of the glass.
You must be worth 1,000,000's?

When I drop a $1,500 piece I cry like a new born!

jl420

http://imgur.com/ZRFFA6R

Here's the rig that dropped and was lucky enough to have Alex @budderglass make another...

The function was soooo nice and the kicker was I was able to save the Quartz Enail as I was cleaning it the center broke...:doh:

http://imgur.com/lQkwokk

Starting to forget this is for Cheaper rigs this rig was $45 ($10 for delivery 2 days as opposed to 2 months) from @birdglass_ on Instagram 6" high 14mm female joint w/ fumed donut. Small and portable but rips are lung busters well worth the money gotta support homegrown glass artists...:rockon:

Last edited by a moderator:
jl420,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Have you let your EVO fall to the floor?

Long-story short: After waiting months and months after contributing to the VapeExhale start-up campaign, I knocked my Brand NEW Evo off the table onto the tile floor. My happiness and bamboo shattered: I was devastated. Luckily, I sent it back to the Land of Mordor, and it returned, reforged in 10 days.

CroZure

So I puchased this bubbler last month and I love it. It is just the right size to hold it in one hand. The new water piece mod for the grasshopper makes it feel like I am pulling out a slide when I clear it.

https://m.dhgate.com/product/8-7-in...rtex-recycler/216222776.html#goto-recommended

With that being said, I broke the oil piece this morning. I'm not sure of the correct name of the piece but it is the female piece that is cut it an angle on the end. Does anybody know where I can get another one? It doesn't have to be the exact same one. Anything that will fit on the bubbler and hold a hopper will work.

CroZure,
Reactions: ataxian

abcd5432

So I puchased this bubbler last month and I love it. It is just the right size to hold it in one hand. The new water piece mod for the grasshopper makes it feel like I am pulling out a slide when I clear it.

https://m.dhgate.com/product/8-7-in...rtex-recycler/216222776.html#goto-recommended

With that being said, I broke the oil piece this morning. I'm not sure of the correct name of the piece but it is the female piece that is cut it an angle on the end. Does anybody know where I can get another one? It doesn't have to be the exact same one. Anything that will fit on the bubbler and hold a hopper will work.

I'm unsure of how you could fix the damage to the piece? Can you take a picture of it? I'd just get another dcycler... they're like $40 from CCG or whatever if you want to get a cheaper one from whatever vendor you want.

abcd5432,

dgmulf

I just got in my first water piece (FC-UFO) today, and y'all should have seen the Cheshire grin on my face when I broke it in with my log vape. :D Water = CIVILIZED. ;)

I used distilled water to avoid water spot buildup, but honestly the DH2O has a weird plasticky aroma -- perhaps just from the jug it's sold in -- so I think I'll stick with tap water. Maybe rinse it out with a little DH2O after every use?

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I use filtered water since I filter my tap water for drinking purposes anyway. I think I'd get a bit of buildup no matter what if I didn't use cranberry extract though... which leads to me changing water and rinsing w hot water+alcohol everyday for fear of mold.

On the bright side at least even my shitty chinaglass is sparkling clean 100% of the time and never tastes funky etc

bodhi_naut

And when the analyzer are cheaper it'll because they're made in China.
At which point we will want to buy them from DH gate for less.

Or, put a padded rug down.

Last edited:

CroZure

I'm unsure of how you could fix the damage to the piece? Can you take a picture of it? I'd just get another dcycler... they're like $40 from CCG or whatever if you want to get a cheaper one from whatever vendor you want.

The actual glass bubbler is fine but it is the female piece that you use for dabs, I guess. I only use flower but it worked as a great adapter for my grass hopper. Maybe I'll just try to find it on dhgate and order another bubbler too

Last edited:
CroZure,

abcd5432

The actual glass bubbler is fine but it is the female piece that you use for dabs, I guess. I only use flower but it worked as a great adapter for my grass hopper. Maybe I'll just try to find it on dhgate and order another bubbler too

I'm really not sure what you're talking about without a picture.

From following the grasshopper, seeing the thread, I'm confused as to why you would need a secondary adapter. The hopper with the silicone tip fits the 14MM male opening flush.

Additionally, you could buy an adapter that takes you to 14MM male to 14MM female (Like I did for that piece), and then use the PFE tool from grasshopper to fit perfectly flush. I intended to do this, but I've been quite turned off with the grasshopper warranty game. I just hate shipping. My onkyo receiver has been sitting broken for 6+ months despite the fact that onkyo extended the warranty on my receiver to 2018, I may actually miss that date....

Anyway, I just need a pic to be sure of what you're talking about.

I use StevenLMZ adapters though on all my pieces, and LOTS of them. Actually, I need to order 10-30 my next time and try and get some discount. I've broken so many adapters....

Edit:
SO SORRY
I understand what you mean now.
Please do what I had recommended earlier.
Use the silicone tip and try to insert and use directly into the male opening and see if it creates a seal.
Let me know if this works.

Last edited:
abcd5432,

Likes2vape

You need a straight "dome" Your rig is for dabbing and the piece that broke is the cover you put over the nail after you heat it up. A local head shop should have one.

Top Bottom