Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
But how shall this work? It has just one fitting!?
You pull up while lighting and the suction of the water and air space inside changes and draws the smoke in, then you remove it and inhale while pushing back down. Replace the weed being combusted with a vaporizer. Like I said though the male joints are almost exclusively used on pieces meant for dabbing and you would have to remove the hot nail and not burn yourself, plus any oil reclaim that falls onto the joint/your mouth. To use it for vapes you'd want to use an 18mm female-to-female adapter or an 18-to-14 f/f.

abcd5432

Thanks, now I got it - physics for stoners ;)
This gets me fucked up. Gravity bongs kill me. I imagine you could do the same thing with a vaporizer. I prefer ones with downstems into the water for even smoother hits.
@RollTheCar, I'm calmed that I'm not the only one who is stumped...

Hemping doesn't call the price for a sample of pieces? You have to offer them one first?
Sounds like being on a oriental bazaar!? And even there vendor calls the first price.
Not really. Wholesalers would rather you negotiate the price with them. I've done a lot of online sales when I was management of a small online company and its because the wholesaler sells their goods to everyone at different prices. So they won't list a price since you may pay more than someone else. Or less.
He supplies TAG. Not listing the prices works great for him since tag can't assume he's undercutting them.
I believe that is supposed to be like those glass gravity bongs that a couple companies make. Needs an outer glass tube for it to work like that though so I'm honestly kinda stumped @Hogni

And I'm really torn on what piece to get from Hemping. I've been eyeing the mai tai FTK and the Prenumbra Klein (not sure if I'd want the 9 or 10" though). Can anybody with experiences with kleins and FTKs provide any input as to which might provide a smoother hit? The FTK design seems like it would provide more diffusion, however it looks like the 10" klein will hold more water (so maybe more diffusion?). My lungs don't agree with concentrate as well as herb, so maximum diffusion is what I'm after:)

And those matrix percs are spicy! I have one of Steven's 18mm matrix sidecars, and it gets the most use out of all my pieces currently. Might grab one of those on the side if the price is right. I think I recall seeing them as low as $70 on TAG, so you could consider offering $35-$45 instead. The worst he can say is no:lol: @abcd5432

I have a Ftk and a Taurus which is similar to the Klein. They're different sizes though so not a 1 to 1.
Here is what I notice. The Ftk needs less water to function since the faberge part of the piece removes volume. From my theory, I'd say the fab part adds more ways to diffuse the smoke over a straight up Klein. A straight up Klein would use more water.
If you want the smoothest hit possible that's a very hard choice. Especially because I have Stevenlmz79 pieces. If we're talking hemping glass, you will have a better functioning piece than the Ftk and Taurus pieces I have now (I personally hate kleins compared to the Taurus).

I'd go with the straight Klein if I was you rather than the Ftk.

I'm getting hopefully a matrix bubbler, Ftk, and a straight fab, so I wish I could have a Klein, but I think they're ugly compared to the Ftk so I haven't felt the urge to buy one. I may yet the red elvis depending on the pricing. All depends on how low we can barter this guy down to.

This is also why I'll end up buying Sony new rx 100 mark 5 camera. I want to see exactly how these pieces work. 1000 dollar camera but I need that high fps to see whether vapor us actually recycled well in these pieces. I've never seen proof that a recycler actually recycles vapor. Just theory

Edit: back on topic of your original question, I feel my 8 inch Taurus and 10 inch Ftk are very similar in smoothness of hits. The Ftk just is slightly larger and easier for me to hold and use. So I imagine a 10 inch Klein would only add to that.

Baron23

Edit: I'm so sorry for long posts on here. I just type a lot I can't help myself :(

Well, the group shipping price was $6-10 like I said, and he said that individual shipments would be VERY high. So I imagine around $20-30?

You'll be critical in helping us decide what we do based on what he tells you. Keep us updated please.

No one has really stated what pieces they're interested in?

I'm going to link NON-heady (Not to say you can't get something Heady. I just am linking what I believe will give you the best value. If you want to pay extra for some designs I ain't one to judge!)

http://www.szhpbl.cn/content/?981.html (I use a cheaper/slightly larger version of this daily. I like it for vaping as I'm a baby and I prefer the extra diffusion a recycler gives you)
http://www.szhpbl.cn/content/?1057.html
http://www.szhpbl.cn/content/?1056.html (Narrow version of the above. I imagine this will stack bubbles easier?)

I don't feel strongly about anything else.

What will I get?
That Matrix bubbler. I don't want to buy an authentic Mobius piece again (I just don't trust anyone in the USA to sell me something that's not Hemping glass or something like that).
That FTK, but a heady version of it since well.... can't be that much extra.

http://www.szhpbl.cn/content/?1027.html

Take a look at the perc vs the FTK from steven LMZ and you'll see why I want to test some Hemping glass.
-----------------------------

I just searched through this whole thread to figure out details on the last Hemping buy. @mrbonsai420 was the last person to buy. I believe he must have been doing a couple at a time? From his posts, it seemed like he was getting a piece for himself and friends. So maybe 3-5 at a time?

From his post, HEMPING is also the person selling TaG. So @RollTheCar , that was a good eye.

@063_XOBX From my latest research into this and looking at TAG prices, I would expect the Red Elvis Klein to come in around $90-$125. Those prices were what I intend to offer with. I doubt they will be accepted (I pray though right), but it's a start.

However,
https://www.thickassglass.com/products/tag-12-5-super-slit-matrix-bubbler-65x5mm-18mm-female
That's the Matrix design I talked about. It's on TAG for $90. So IMO, $55 would be a good bid right? (Edit: On second thought, if TAG is selling it at $90, I think $55-60 after shipping to my doorstep is fair.) After shipping, that may not even save us enough money. I'll think about that one a little more but at least that Matrix design shouldn't be too expensive. I can link some of MrBonsai's posts showing what he got. It all looked to be great quality amazing looking pieces.

But Hemping is TAG glass, so work off that assumption guys.
Take a look at it, because I see a LOT of cheap pieces on there which leads me to believe that they get a GREAT wholesale price, or they aren't doing too well and are trying to make back some of their money on things that aren't selling.

If you get this together, I will take one of the Matrix knock-offs, i.e.:

I'm open to how its shipped (direct to me, or all to you and then out to us).

If it all comes together, please tell me how much and process you want to use.

Thanks

Baron23,

abcd5432

i want one of the fab mai tai..or prenumbra look good too.

He has the double mai tai listed twice. One is a more subdued color. Other looks vibrant!

201607011209299486.jpg

201607011209532577.jpg

Morty

I recently got a new piece from DHGate. Had a D020 for my 1st piece but I knocked it off a dresser in a rush to go see Star Wars: Rogue One.

Anyways, I'm not hip to what's going on in the glass world, so I don't know if I can post a link/picture to it, but it's a clear banger hanger from BestGlass I saw on reddit's china glass list of 14.4mm recommended rigs. Got it for a whopping $14.

I read somewhere in this thread about someone sending a note to the seller asking for a "nice" piece and that's what I did, politely requesting a piece w/ no air bubbles and a straight mouthpiece. They delivered. Not an air bubble in sight (unlike my D020 which was littered w/ them) and the neck to the mouthpiece is straight as an arrow. Really enjoy the simple look of it as well. Only small quip is that the perc is just ever so slightly crooked (probably should of requested that too :p), but nothing bad at all, especially for the $.

I thought my D020 was wide open and had little to no drag, but whew, this thing is gaping ! :razz: Crazy open airflow (which could be good or bad depending on what your after) and I could not be happier w/ this piece. It's also a bit smaller than the D020 which I like and the percolation isn't bad so the flavors on point. Makes me want to try the FC-710 diffusion pump.

Last edited:

abcd5432

Hey morty, mind taking a picture for us?

I seriously wonder what the wages of these glass blowers are in China. $14.... Lol

abcd5432,

063_XOBX

Ganjapreneur
I don't get it?

CANNABIS = CIVILIZED
GLASS = SMOOTH

CANNABIS helps me to read fast?
NON-FICTION = CIVILIZED
FICTION = ESOTERIC

DISCOVER = ADVENTURE
It uses a vacuum effect to fill the "chamber" and then uses the same vacuum to cram smoke into your lungs.

7TwFQgw.jpg

PS: With a drop down you could totally use Zhang's Grav Bong for dabbing, not sure I want to black out though.

abcd5432

It uses a vacuum effect to fill the "chamber" and then uses the same vacuum to cram smoke into your lungs.

7TwFQgw.jpg

PS: With a drop down you could totally use Zhang's Grav Bong for dabbing, not sure I want to black out though.

I've blacked out from Vaping. Multiple times. Only for under 30 seconds but still.... Lol. A grav bong dab? No... Please no...

dgmulf

The piece I posted before is what I'm recommending to anyone who doesn't know.
I'm a MASSIVE fan of the Matrix perc, not just because it's pretty and shiny (which is why I spent $420 on an authentic Mobius), but because it's by far one of the smoothest hitting percs to me.
Also, I feel this will be the cheapest or one of the cheapest of all the pieces we can get. So if you don't own something, that's what I recommend.

Here is the link:

Thanks for the recommendation, abcd. Another piece that I'm considering is one that member @flotntoke recommended me: the FC-187 V2 on DHGate. From what I can tell, the only significant differences would be the sidecar mouthpiece, the shorter height, possibly lesser quality glass (?), probably lower price tag, and the Mobius logo. Am I correct?

Modnote: Link to labeled counterfeit glass removed

Last edited by a moderator:
dgmulf,
Reactions: ataxian

abcd5432

Thanks for the recommendation, abcd. Another piece that I'm considering is one that member @flotntoke recommended me: the FC-187 V2 on DHGate. From what I can tell, the only significant differences would be the sidecar mouthpiece, the shorter height, possibly lesser quality glass (?), probably lower price tag, and the Mobius logo. Am I correct?

You're correct on all of the obvious physical and monetary differences. The lower quality glass, I cannot attest to.

The perc would be the main difference. Look at StevenLMZ vs Hemping vs an authentic.

I just posted an authentic on my instagram (or a sad disappointment to be told it's not! haha).

Going to enjoy a vape session through it even though t's a large piece. It just hits so well.

FC 187 or FC 188 is a fine choice. There will always be nicer pieces you can spend more money on. You should just have glass.

Well, I'm going to enjoy my vape session from my bed. I've blacked out before hitting this big bong with my vape, better to do that on a memory foam bed and clean up the water later than let that crash to a floor.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped

Watch those links to counterfeit labeled glass! Doesn't matter that the counterfeited label is on something that the company has never created.

My older FC-187 is pretty thick. Not US thick, and no idea of comparison with these newer pieces, but I have much thinner Chinese glass from others.

abcd5432

I've straight up dropped my 12 inch Taurus off my desk from Stevenlmz79 when I blacked out while Vaping there it was fine. Stevenlmz79 feels thick. Just as thick as my American glass to my hands

abcd5432,
Reactions: dgmulf

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

abcd5432

Things look to be quite promising with the group buy.
I can now much more highly recommend getting in on this if you want a clear piece. The heady looking pieces will of course cost significantly more. It's looking like you can get clear pieces for as low as $50-60 after shipping depending on your rates. The colored ones look to be $90-110 minimum after shipping.

I'm being as conservative as possible so you may be pleasantly surprised. 2 pieces end up being very expensive, not sure why. Main cost is actually just shipping.

I'll be collecting the zip codes of everyone in the group buy next to get some shipping cost estimates.

I had said originally 10 people for the group buy. I'll leave this open for the next 2 weeks, but I'll allow up to 24 people. I'll update with more details, but I may be focusing around one of the cheaper pieces like the matrix bubbler, and then you can add more from there.

Ill update when I get off work with the best value pieces (clear).

Top Bottom