• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

CCA Liger banger V3.0

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
With the thermal conductivity of SiC so much higher than sapphire, for what reason do people seem to prefer sapphire?

SiC and Obsidian are best for cloud chasing.
Sapphire is more chemically inert and provides a more nuanced flavor profile (while still providing nice clouds).
I would say from an overall price/durability/efficiency/taste standpoint SiC/Obsidian win as Sapphire is quite a bit more expensive and fragile.

But ... once you get a Sapphire insert I doubt will ever use anything else.

YMMV.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
SiC and Obsidian are best for cloud chasing.
Sapphire is more chemically inert and provides a more nuanced flavor profile (while still providing nice clouds).
I would say from an overall price/durability/efficiency/taste standpoint SiC/Obsidian win as Sapphire is quite a bit more expensive and fragile.

YMMV.

Do you think it's the lower conductivity of the sapphire than SiC, which allows flavors to be more nuanced, as they are not vaporizing so fast?

invertedisdead,

alittledabwilldoya'

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
@Hogni Here is a pic of the Newvape dabber stand holding the Liger flat dabber perfectly fine.
Sy-e7usfw2-LgPndVQp3Z-FPpqPCXZFOv_-znJ_q6VHc36uE-nHsKIxMFAklm51nvWc_YCzg0hai0tMDKu92WqaT9QRMvzvd0npkTNPDD4ACX-dqZddIb6foJ0aS-rT2vcJdBWac4FPsmOPM9CmRWbqGxf1J56BjdvXvJV6dRBEDC06_0riU-9tX35MRWZUL336yllZizJfzABmriWBmUoQ3-VEb0NKpm9SD6VlSVC2g8MYQjSGUBGycRcoXejRK6GiI0AP686covDTkM01nk_g9xuA2eiQn32Yzbb2upLQAKnOsSjMKQRP_x8mDXekLp5aObwXypKLqZyyLztD_0elIGEthTxKVN-HN4LT53Qzd0trXTaTQilzgkWfxwUBDZAuJEbpR6a7jNv1vfB0xZkr0uqUhJKxdK7-jRcueaDQ1FjS6N48tYd1U6QkYkI2Tnw6AIKlyRlYwOmTwtsmpY0f-Oqt0Aw7P2YFMBM3sm10fgFvZEzHra0Do0dHVpZ7ZdBnwcLj9FyW1Pbg6cqgOpw-2u_m8axzxdYOk90wZFoL5kgw2lnTP6T3jPFNeAvkCOXrPsxrZaKhhAl1kF1kEt0bHpgm1UgleBZh9Xl4xZPNqjwBLCne2nV3QnUJk6NwjF78n6SNtQqz7YOFBH63S3jNxW4eOoPJ1_HI=w426-h568-no

As for the Delta for 30mm Liger, its about 50F to 60F using my OG MiniNail controller and MiniNail flat coil. I used a Ktype thermocouple thermometer. They are about $15 to $35 on Amazon but most of the Ktype probes that comes with them only go up to 500F. You would need to buy a probe that goes up to 750F which is about $10-$15.

Each Controller and Coil is going to have different temperature read outs. Im using my 30MM Liger and Sapphire on my OG MiniNail set at 490F and i still get burn marks at times. I put the Liger on my Dual Kit MiniNail and i have to up my temp to 515F and i feel like i may need to go higher a bit and all i did was change controllers as my coil stayed on the Liger. I didnt pull out the Ktype for the Dual Kit controller as i only use my Liger on the dually once. Its for my FPs.

So True. Both my SiC Insert and Halo sitting in a case in my draw.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Great - thanks! Now it's sure that I'll buy one of the NV dabber holders :tup:
Wtf, how many CCA dabbers do you have?? For each tip an own handle?

Hogni,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Great - thanks! Now it's sure that I'll buy one of the NV dabber holders :tup:
Wtf, how many CCA dabbers do you have?? For each tip an own handle?

Those are NV dabbers. I am just going to buy all the newvape dabbers to fit all the slots on the dabber stand. I never know when i may need a flat bottom disk dabber. I just need 4 more dabbers and i will have the NV dabber set.

I wish CCA would machine a Liger 3.0 Caddy that holds a carb cap, the Liger 30mm and 20mm qtips and dabbers. But until then, i may just order a Huffy Glass Dabstation for $85 after the new years.

I still gotta get myself a Nano/Micro rig for my Xmas present! Something 5 inches or smaller.

lazylightning

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
My 30mm Liger with obsidian and sapphire dishes arrived today...at the same time as my AH coil. I currently have it running nicely on an Auber RDK-150-DC 12v controller with controller temp of 570F and dish temp of 390F. I could probably stand to spread the coil a bit to lower that delta, but right now I'm just mesmerized watching the Agent Orange rosin turn into delicious terpy vapor in that huge bucket.

Those of you who own both 20mm and 30mm, do you use your 30mm at a lower temp than 20mm? If so, how much do you lower it? I'm only 3 hits deep and trying to bracket the right temp, but so far it's seeming like about 390F is right for my 30mg to 40mg size rosin dabs whereas I've been closer to 440F with the 20mm.

Baron23

Do u notice a diff between your sic and obsidian?
Dunno yet....some Liger parts are still soaking.

I didn't get it for a performance increase, really, as my OG SiC is still working perfectly. But I wanted two inserts as mine is a v2.0 and I didn't want to get stranded without an insert (never can tell when one will break and/or supply may vanish).

I do note that the Obsidian is indeed highly polished inside and the bottom of the insert (the dab surface) is smaller on the Obsidian as it has a radius from the wall to the bottom.

Sorry I can't help more.

alittledabwilldoya'

My 30mm Liger with obsidian and sapphire dishes arrived today...at the same time as my AH coil. I currently have it running nicely on an Auber RDK-150-DC 12v controller with controller temp of 570F and dish temp of 390F. I could probably stand to spread the coil a bit to lower that delta, but right now I'm just mesmerized watching the Agent Orange rosin turn into delicious terpy vapor in that huge bucket.

Those of you who own both 20mm and 30mm, do you use your 30mm at a lower temp than 20mm? If so, how much do you lower it? I'm only 3 hits deep and trying to bracket the right temp, but so far it's seeming like about 390F is right for my 30mg to 40mg size rosin dabs whereas I've been closer to 440F with the 20mm.

Clean set-up, is that a Leisure Incycler, or am I misreading?
Regardless of what it is, do you like an how tall is it?
I'm currently on the hunt for a travel recycler.

:sherlock:

With regard to temperature differences between the 20 and 30, I've always had to run the 30 ~50* higher (maybe more) because of the greater mass of the 30mm.

:2c:

alittledabwilldoya',

lazylightning

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Clean set-up, is that a Leisure Incycler, or am I misreading?
Regardless of what it is, do you like an how tall is it?
I'm currently on the hunt for a travel recycler.

:sherlock:

Thanks, it is a Leisure Incycler and is 7" tall which I think it a perfect size for great flavor yet enough stability for the Liger. I liked my first so much I bought a second for my glass shop where my 20mm Liger will soon live. The Incycler hits are just so much smoother to me than even other recyclers I've tried and I tend to cough easily so that's a big deal for me. Price is a steal for American made glass too.

With regard to temperature differences between the 20 and 30, I've always had to run the 30 ~50* higher (maybe more) because of the greater mass of the 30mm.

:2c:

Do you mean you're running your controller higher or your dish temp is higher? I'm thinking if you raise your controller temp 30 degrees your dish temp could actually still be lower because of the additional mass right? I'm using a new controller so I'm just going by measured dish temps.

lazylightning,
Reactions: Shooby

alittledabwilldoya'

Thanks, it is a Leisure Incycler and is 7" tall which I think it a perfect size for great flavor yet enough stability for the Liger. I liked my first so much I bought a second for my glass shop where my 20mm Liger will soon live. The Incycler hits are just so much smoother to me than even other recyclers I've tried and I tend to cough easily so that's a big deal for me. Price is a steal for American made glass too.

Do you mean you're running your controller higher or your dish temp is higher? I'm thinking if you raise your controller temp 30 degrees your dish temp could actually still be lower because of the additional mass right? I'm using a new controller so I'm just going by measured dish temps.

In an attempt to get the same dish temperature that I would have with the 20mm I'm running the controller at a higher coil temperature when using the 30mm.

I seem to like to clean my dab in 1 to 2 hits so run hot:
~620* for the 20mm
~660* for the 30mm
Sapphire inserts.

Sadly I don't have a K-type thermometer to get actual dish temps, but real world dabbing experiences has led me to run the 30mm at a higher coil temp than the 20 to get similar results.

matthend

super clean setup, damn that AH coil has so many more wraps than mine. I would guess that has some bearing on why I have settled in about 660 or so coil temp on the 30mm SIC to finish in a hit or two and am still getting great flavor. Also, I got a carb cap in the mail from @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd yesterday, it seems to work really well. I love that it is clear and I can also see what is going on in the dish, and it sure milks it up well. I will take some pics of it in a few, it is different than i others I have seen.

Joda's Cap:
9iwUefg.jpg

cYFDKyf.jpg

ItM9EDG.jpg

1Jti2Xe.jpg

Last edited:
matthend,
Reactions: Hogni

Gn0sis

so, that cap just shoots straight down into the center?

honestly, it doesn't look like the end game cap to me

Gn0sis,

Gn0sis

ah, i see. looks interesting.

can you please take one with it sitting on the liger to show how wide it is in comparison?

Gn0sis,
Reactions: Shooby

Gn0sis

imo, looks like it could be a little bit wider... but definitely something I'd consider buying.

How does it compare to your CCA caps?

has he mentioned what the retail price on these will be?

Gn0sis,
Reactions: Hogni

nickmo

My Sapphire supposedly arrives today according to tracking info, although there hasn't been an update since yesterday! Deep clean of rig and entire dab area already took place yesterday!

20mm + Sapphire finally arrived today, only a day late. Started around 500 with the Tsunami, great full flavor dabs. I'm getting some splashing on the cap and side walls though, some even dripped down behind the insert. I didn't do a larger than normal dab, and I'm coming from the 16mm. Maybe it is the tight suction of the cap?

I've got the Hurricane and Chad Bro Bubble to try when I get home. I'm going to need to give it a clean though already! Any tips on cleaning the Sapphire insert?

Top Bottom