CCA Liger banger V3.0

lazylightning

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
So I received the shield for the AugustHouse coil and am disappointed. It is a different color from the silver Liger...more of a matte and slightly mottled finish. I also noticed that the shield has a small gap where it sits against the upper lip section. This gap only goes part of the way around so the shield ends up sitting a little crooked on the bottom of the Liger.

I wanted an upgrade to the 30mm Liger but the AH shield feels more like an experiment than a finished product. Is everyone getting these unfinished shields? Does everyone else's shield sit crooked on the bottom of their Liger bucket?

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
So I received the shield for the AugustHouse coil and am disappointed. It is a different color from the silver Liger...more of a matte and slightly mottled finish. I also noticed that the shield has a small gap where it sits against the upper lip section. This gap only goes part of the way around so the shield ends up sitting a little crooked on the bottom of the Liger.

I wanted an upgrade to the 30mm Liger but the AH shield feels more like an experiment than a finished product. Is everyone getting these unfinished shields? Does everyone else's shield sit crooked on the bottom of their Liger bucket?

Is it cranked all the way tight?
I noticed on my AH coil that it's wound like a spring and I had to compress the coil to get it to completely close the gap.

lazylightning

Is it cranked all the way tight?
I noticed on my AH coil that it's wound like a spring and I had to compress the coil to get it to completely close the gap.

I tried to crank it down again but it wouldn't go any further. Then I took the shield off and saw that one wind of the coil had slid out of place from the bottom and was half on the side. I put it back in place and the shield is on evenly now.

How about the shield being flat metal instead of silver? Anyone receiving shields that match their Ligers or all they all bare titanium?

alittledabwilldoya'

I tried to crank it down again but it wouldn't go any further. Then I took the shield off and saw that one wind of the coil had slid out of place from the bottom and was half on the side. I put it back in place and the shield is on evenly now.

How about the shield being flat metal instead of silver? Anyone receiving shields that match their Ligers or all they all bare titanium?

Mine is blue.
Matches the rest of my blue kit well (except for my bucket which is now a lighter shade of blue because of heat exposure).

I'll post a pic soon. (old stock photo prior to bucket slightly lightening in color):

SZGKvX4.jpg

Last edited:

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum

Yep, i posted about the shitty dull silver back when I got mine, even after a bit of color change and matching due to heat, it still looks shitty, and now that you mentioned it, mine also has a slight gap on that side, not quite as big as yours but pretty close, and my setup is as tight as it possibly should be.

antiburn

Yep, the top ring doesn't fully seat with the shield on mine either. Though I centered mine more so it's not as noticeably gapped up on one side. Also the same finish and SAME COLOR SHIELD even though i ordered rainbow. It came with a blue top ring to rainbowize it, lol. My other rainbow colored parts have gradiented coloring. Mixing together different solid colored pieces just isn't the same thing at all, especially when combing with parts done the real way!

lazylightning

Thank you @ensabbahnur and @antiburn for confirming that your AH shields are of different quality than the other Liger parts. It's so odd that no mention of this is made on the CCA website. I bet they get lots of questions and even more disappointed customers than they already have. I guess I should be glad it's not a completely different color like yours @antiburn, though with a rainbow Liger it might look kinda cool.

lazylightning,
Reactions: Hogni

sushichefva

30mm arrived in mail today.

Noticing a lot of wiggle room of almost 1mm with Obseidian insert. Just falls down into bucket and rattles around when I shake it. What’s the point of a AH coil if most of the side of the insert doesn’t even touch the titanium walls.

My heating coil should be here soon.

sushichefva,
Reactions: Shooby

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
30mm arrived in mail today.

Noticing a lot of wiggle room of almost 1mm with Obseidian insert. Just falls down into bucket and rattles around when I shake it. What’s the point of a AH coil if most of the side of the insert doesn’t even touch the titanium walls.

My heating coil should be here soon.

That wiggle has long been a lament of mine, the loss of thermal transfer and avenue for over boils sucks. Ive used 9 different inserts, all 3 materials, both sizes, and every one has the same wiggle.

Apparently however, the V2 Ligers don't suffer from this, that plus my experiences with my inserts leads me to conclude the V2 buckets were ever so slightly smaller.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
That wiggle has long been a lament of mine, the loss of thermal transfer and avenue for over boils sucks. Ive used 9 different inserts, all 3 materials, both sizes, and every one has the same wiggle.

Apparently however, the V2 Ligers don't suffer from this, that plus my experiences with my inserts leads me to conclude the V2 buckets were ever so slightly smaller.

Im not a fan of that insert sliding around in the bucket for the 30mm. I hate hearing the sapphire insert tapping off of titanium. Has anyone had any of their inserts break from the wiggle?

I just ordered the 20mm Liger, Anyone know if this the same for the 20mm?

Im not a fan of that insert sliding around in the bucket for the 30mm. I hate hearing the sapphire insert tapping off of titanium. Has anyone had any of their inserts break from the wiggle?

I just ordered the 20mm Liger, Anyone know if this the same for the 20mm?

Both of my sapphire inserts moved slightly in the 20mm bucket. My Obsidian 30mm insert moves less than they did.

lazylightning

I have Obsidian and SiC in my 20mm and Obsidian in the 30mm. For some reason I don't experience any wiggle once my Ligers are heated to temp, but I tend to leave them on most of the day. I'm curious if those experiencing movement of their inserts are leaving the coil on for long periods of time or turning on to dab and then back off?

lazylightning,
I have Obsidian and SiC in my 20mm and Obsidian in the 30mm. For some reason I don't experience any wiggle once my Ligers are heated to temp, but I tend to leave them on most of the day. I'm curious if those experiencing movement of their inserts are leaving the coil on for long periods of time or turning on to dab and then back off?

Metal expands when you heat it, which would take some of the slack up.

scalescliffs,

lazylightning

Metal expands when you heat it, which would take some of the slack up.

Right, that's why I was asking if the people experiencing issues are leaving their Ligers on all day. My theory is that my Ligers expand after heat soaking a while so that the inserts no longer wiggle.

lazylightning,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG

So when you use the qtip to clean your insert in a circular pattern, you dont hear the insert tapping at all? If i move the qtips really slow, then i dont get it. But if i dont clean it fast enough, it leaves carbon so i try to qtip fast. I hate waiting for this thing to cool down to clean the insert.

What temps are you running your Ligers at. My controller is set to about 475F and stays on for hours. at least 8-10 hours per day on avg

I assumed the wiggle was the tolerance given for heat expansion but its not really expanding as its the same wiggle cold or hot.

Shooby,
Reactions: Danksta

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
I assumed the wiggle was the tolerance given for heat expansion but its not really expanding as its the same wiggle cold or hot.

This was my thought also, but, also like you, the wiggle is the same regardless of temp.

Ive used 11 inserts over 5 buckets and ALL inserts of all material types have had the same, near 1mm wiggle.

edit: actually 11 inserts now

ensabbahnur,
Reactions: Danksta

sushichefva

Wtf did I just buy some pos 2nd from a Chinese factory? I mean should I return it if possible?

Dish not contacting 50% of the bucket walls is unacceptable.

So pissed but maybe it still Dab like a dream?

Coil gets here on Saturday​

Last edited:
sushichefva,

sushichefva

Small bump in middle of titanium dish.bucket floor keeping it from sitting flush as well.

Wish I knew how to upload pics

sushichefva,

alittledabwilldoya'

I think I can sand paper the dimple at bottom of my bucket out hopefully, then repolish some.

Have you tried contacting CCA?
It doesn't sound like the finish of your bucket/insert is appropriate; post some pics?
Just click the "image" icon and copy and paste the URL (if you have an image hosting site like imgur).

:leaf:

alittledabwilldoya',

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I hope this bundle sale wasnt a way for them to unload some defective products. that would be just wrong and i really hope this isnt the case but since the sale went on about 3 weeks ago, this is the second issue about Liger quality. I seldom read about any quality issue. Normally we are bitching at the delivery time and lack of customer service. But they are shipping these bundles quick and now we are hearing quality issues.

My bundles shipped the day after i placed order.

lazylightning

I hope this bundle sale wasnt a way for them to unload some defective products. that would be just wrong and i really hope this isnt the case but since the sale went on about 3 weeks ago, this is the second issue about Liger quality. I seldom read about any quality issue. Normally we are bitching at the delivery time and lack of customer service. But they are shipping these bundles quick and now we are hearing quality issues.

My bundles shipped the day after i placed order.

I wondered the same thing, especially since I had just sent both Obsidian and Sapphire inserts back for replacement. Mine shipped right away too.

lazylightning,
Reactions: JJ420
Top Bottom