CCA Liger banger V3.0

Puddy

Mine sure as hell doesn't have a bump in the middle and is indeed a glass finish. WTF?

same, that is bogus, my obsidian has a little "nipple" i guess you could call it when you look at it, but the surface is completely flat and perfectly polished.

As much as I love the obsidian though, I still couldn't resist and ordered the sapphire for the 30mm...should be here this week!

mixchu69

Think I will pick up a Silver 20mm Liger with Sapphire for $300. My Leisure family is sharing one Liger.

YpKusT6nqFzwfpY-ahjg8cfPEVS_gfRJPEgtQUwu95kEpwTtqFvfD2sbYKwLiYihBaLMv5vhVx_BmVQQwg1FZsd-0PzQ-7WPABnJf8hOaQLTF-T-8VmUN5bch5E_SOEhgPJcZ4mxC-KurRc9uBpAEto44dPjkbMMMMjPRGDNxyc1pGg-G4G33kMJmHRmNsHCFrBOekkcJ-a5vJQM0gmJdEfFJ8ZzieKDc9knxtftOPMprOKcHxbV84ZG9TNmVtQ9E6TyqDfL7CH_JUV5JS2ulvhYYfXnAUlQGTENYImvBtn9dpehfE-UWheiFCcqhdqhRuFqX3V7M0PhEa0hyjXg_ie5Zg4ArPrJnZLC8T5iA5DaPBIVleB_7aCYgg4hJPgAx_D56FTUOHSyDl5ZAEGjLHfOSuDEIuZ7WpEEUqkx_Jnb1Ad0QLglaNW82GiChu4vBOWuyfWtb5BKoT_Rdgz6hF1TdWYmSJbR0VxpbxkbdYd2IZHXSsHw8HlKDfi4uEGXhSCDElcCOsIqmdBod87DL7dJdm1dUtEn2mVtLDrBESJQaVyqX2HOxrJ48qLH9BHbOXdM2-ygtl01Trn4bHtGywpH7zxZ1HGD5gH6-wj7nQ83YjjL5qxRcNdIl4akxLgFSA8AzAewUOZb_gpGQbwvzdHbfk-zIKi6=w835-h626-no

The 30mm liger tipped the small 14mm incycler over and broke the joint off in only 3 days! So bummed but the sapphire insert didnt break! I gotta find a glass repair now!

I also picked up the Wierdeer and Chadbro V2 caps. I like the Chadbro V2 a lot as it completely seals the 30mm Liger. No leaks at all when i put my finger over the hole. No complaints with this cap at all. As for the Wierdeer cap, I do like this one too. It isnt 100% sealed like the Chadbro. its more like 85% seals but my issue with this cap is the carb hole is too large letting in too much air.

I have to say, having a glass cap does make hitting the Liger even more enjoyable.
I see a lot of love for the leisure incycler, (purchased one during a High Times event in socal). I find the base too small, where it is constantly a balancing act. But I love the hit off the incycler, but for some reason, mine clogs with reclaim after a few dabs.

Puddy

I used needle nose pliers on the current style of flat locking nut to get it the rest of the way after using my hands. I probably got another third of a turn. I don’t know how necessary it was but it was doable and I’m not very strong. I barely marred the finish (two tiny dimples).

someone said earlier in this thread they wrapped their pliers in electrical tape so that way it did not affect the finish when trying to tighten/loosen any of the nuts on the Liger. It has worked great for me.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I see a lot of love for the leisure incycler, (purchased one during a High Times event in socal). I find the base too small, where it is constantly a balancing act. But I love the hit off the incycler, but for some reason, mine clogs with reclaim after a few dabs.

I agree that its too small and not wide enough. I solve this by using a drop down but the drop down took away the chug in the lil incycler so i went with an glass adapter for my 30mm Liger on this lil guy.

My brick stack is the only one that has a wide and heavy base and is 3 1/2 inches wide and only 8 inches tall. This one doesnt tip at all with the 30mm Liger.

I will order the 20mm Liger to use with my Baby Jesus. Does anyone know if its much lighter than the 30mm?

I dont and never had any issues with clogging on any of the incyclers but you will also never see reclaim in it as its cleaned daily.

sushichefva

Hmm I think I want the AugustHaus custom coil. But my Pelinail is rated for 100w not 150w like the Augusthaus coil is. Don’t really care for the E-Nail controller from him tho. What would be a good controller box to run the Augusthaus custom coil at its rated 150w?

sushichefva,

Gn0sis

Hmm I think I want the AugustHaus custom coil. But my Pelinail is rated for 100w not 150w like the Augusthaus coil is. Don’t really care for the E-Nail controller from him tho. What would be a good controller box to run the Augusthaus custom coil at its rated 150w?

Some D-nail, Auber or Hexnail controllers can work. I have no issues with my D-nail. My friend runs an Auber and some members here run Hexnails. Definitely should read the specifications of whichever controller you may be considering and/or inquire with the seller before buying just to be sure.

Last edited:
Gn0sis,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum

Hex-Nail
Kube One
Ewax Mini www.ewaxcanada.ca
Auber

Are all confirmed to be 150w capable, with the Auber doing 250w confirmed and id imagine with how he builds them, the Ewax minis could do even more. Also note the Kube is from AH

Slagzord

Don't fuckle with shuckle
So, after a month of running my Auber 300 set with a second hand Liger, I've had the opportunity to really get used to it and start to get a feel for it.

Moving from torch to enail wasn't really the greatest. The Ti nail thing was fine, but once I got the Liger that all changed. First off, I didn't really like the torch - consistency was a problem. Secondly, going to the Ti nail was a big jump because of the consistent temps, but it didn't taste super.

Now, the Liger is the game changer it is amped up to be. I am running it, mostly with the SiC insert. The taste is incredible and I have truly been enjoying playing with the temperatures. Initially I started at 666, because fuck yeah black metal. But gradually I have been working my way down. There was a big step at 640, 615, and now I'm rocking 595 mostly. I haven't been experimenting downwards too often as I remember experimenting upwards was kinda crappy, particularly when I hit 710. Different experiences I know, but yeah. I do notice that at 595 I can have more 'pooling' and am not sure if it is something I should wait out and keep hitting it, if I am taking too big a hit, or as I discovered in the sapphire, the colouration of the insert made it look like there was a damned 2 mm layer of distillate across the bottom.

The maintenance has been pretty good too. I notice that I have been sucking in a lot less reclaim than with the Ti nail or torch/banger. So, I take that as economy. Tossing the whole thing in ISO leaves it pretty good. After each session I give the surfaces of the Liger itself, the insert, and the carb cap a good swab with some 70% ISO towelettes. Sometimes I turn it into a little thinger to shove up into the Liger and get it real clean.

I have all 3 inserts - quartz, SiC, and sapphire. The sapphire has a small crack the seller let me know about and mostly seems aesthetic. I'm worried about cleaning, like submerging it in ISO with the crack and try not to use it too much...which is a bummer. I'm hoping to use it more, but do not feel a major difference between it and the SiC. The quartz is fine. Nothing stand out. Want to pick up some Dark Crystal or something other than ISO to try to get them back to shiny, but again, worried about the sapphire.

Now, I am using a CCG fab egg piece I purchased but I think the Liger is a wee bit heavy for it! It feels precarious despite having a thick base, which if it were a lil' wider would be ideal. It can be anxiety inducing during the heights of medication when I hit the table with my knee and see the weight of the Liger pulling on my poor lil' piece of glass.

I've seen some people with ash catchers that rest on their own base before going into the join of the glass piece, which I find intriguing. I have a D020 on the way which will be fun to try with it.

Suffice to say, the Liger is a great great piece.

BONUS: The Auber 300, as suggested by @Baron23, is spectacular. I love the bright white display and rotary knob. It just looks slicker than the competitors and I have been complimented on its style. Seeing the above re: the AugustHaus flat coil for the Liger...it makes me want to look at getting the 30mm and trying that out...in 2019.

sushichefva

Will an Aubur 300 able to be turned on via a WiFi power-outlet? Or do you have to turn it on prolly by clicking the “on” button.

I’m digging that it’s rated to 250w+ as I know it will stay cool at 150w!

sushichefva,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Sorry, I've to ask again cause I got no reply to me inquiry a few weeks ago. May be a dumb question but does the AH coil work with 220v controllers or are only the wattages of the controller important?

Hogni,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Sorry, I've to ask again cause I got no reply to me inquiry a few weeks ago. May be a dumb question but does the AH coil work with 220v controllers or are only the wattages of the controller important?

Id strongly doubt it, most things that can take variable voltage has some type of regulation or conversion on its input, and also has the voltage range listed and my AH coil only says 110v.

ensabbahnur,
Reactions: Hogni

Baron23

Or do you have to turn it on prolly by clicking the “on” button.

This ^^. The 300 has a momentary action on/off switch and if you unplug it (mains power off of the device), then the on/off button will need to be pressed again when power is restored.

Baron23,

matthend

This ^^. The 300 has a momentary action on/off switch and if you unplug it (mains power off of the device), then the on/off button will need to be pressed again when power is restored.
FYI just verified with Ewax Canada that the Mini version of their controller would be completely compatible with a wemo type outlet. I was on the fence between this and the Auber, and ended up going with the Ewax unit and do not regret it in the slightest.

lazylightning

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
same, that is bogus, my obsidian has a little "nipple" i guess you could call it when you look at it, but the surface is completely flat and perfectly polished.

As much as I love the obsidian though, I still couldn't resist and ordered the sapphire for the 30mm...should be here this week!

So after trading a few messages with CCA they agreed to replace both Obsidian and Sapphire inserts. I wish I hadn't had to mention a potential Paypal dispute in order to have them do the right thing though. Guess spending $1500 with CCA doesn't make you a valued customer.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
So after trading a few messages with CCA they agreed to replace both Obsidian and Sapphire inserts. I wish I hadn't had to mention a potential Paypal dispute in order to have them do the right thing though. Guess spending $1500 with CCA doesn't make you a valued customer.

Good to know. Your post sorta held me back on getting the 20mm Liger with sapphire insert.

They did replace a cracked 30mm Liger extremely fast. I think i got my replacement in hand 7 days from speaking with them. For a $300+ item, i thought their customer service was great on dealing with a replacement. Placing an order and getting your order is a different story at times.

lazylightning

Good to know. Your post sorta held me back on getting the 20mm Liger with sapphire insert.

They did replace a cracked 30mm Liger extremely fast. I think i got my replacement in hand 7 days from speaking with them. For a $300+ item, i thought their customer service was great on dealing with a replacement. Placing an order and getting your order is a different story at times.

I actually took advantage of the 20mm Liger + sapphire sale as well. I'm disappointed that CCA forced me to use my time and energy to get what I paid for. But in the end there is always the Paypal dispute and/or credit card chargeback to fall back on. CCA doesn't seem hard-headed enough to want to mess with disputes or chargebacks. Their strategy seems to involve shipping defective parts and then claiming they are normal if a customer notices the defect.

If you're sharp enough to call BS you can get what you paid for, but less experienced and insistent customers are left with the defective parts. CCA is making enough money to be able to write those parts off as a loss or offer them on sale at a deep discount rather than pawning them off on unsuspecting customers.

On the plus side, my last 3 orders all placed in the last month have shipped within a few days.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I actually took advantage of the 20mm Liger + sapphire sale as well. I'm disappointed that CCA forced me to use my time and energy to get what I paid for. But in the end there is always the Paypal dispute and/or credit card chargeback to fall back on. CCA doesn't seem hard-headed enough to want to mess with disputes or chargebacks. Their strategy seems to involve shipping defective parts and then claiming they are normal if a customer notices the defect.

If you're sharp enough to call BS you can get what you paid for, but less experienced and insistent customers are left with the defective parts. CCA is making enough money to be able to write those parts off as a loss or offer them on sale at a deep discount rather than pawning them off on unsuspecting customers.

On the plus side, my last 3 orders all placed in the last month have shipped within a few days.

LMAO.... i did the paypal dispute on my last order to get things moving after they sent me an email saying the reason for the delay is the male adapter that is essential to the Liger. But i didnt order a Liger and didnt need the adapter. I ordered a carb cap and they never replied after telling them that so i went to paypal. I hate doing that but if a company doesnt reply in a week regarding an order, i will cancel.

On my way to CCA710.com to place my order. I may order the 30mm as well now too. My 30mm is all different colors from torching to remove the dam hurricane cap. Plus, i always wanted the obsidian just to have but will be made as hell if i get the nipple on mine.

Last edited:

lazylightning

I agree that its too small and not wide enough. I solve this by using a drop down but the drop down took away the chug in the lil incycler so i went with an glass adapter for my 30mm Liger on this lil guy.

I haven't tried it with the 30mm, but the drop down from Oregon Glass Blower pairs very nicely with the 20mm Liger + Leisure Incycler and retains the chug quite well. It also makes the rig very stable and I haven't had any near-tipovers since I started using it.

I will order the 20mm Liger to use with my Baby Jesus. Does anyone know if its much lighter than the 30mm?

I just weighed both of them side by side with no inserts and was surprised to find they weight almost the same.

20mm with 14/18m adapter = 87.48g

30mm with 14/18m adapter = 88.04g

LMAO.... i did the paypal dispute on my last order to get things moving after they sent me an email saying the reason for the delay is the male adapter that is essential to the Liger.

I haven't had to actually file a dispute yet, but I've thrown it out there as a possibility twice now. I'm sure they've have more than a few disputes filed by now and if it becomes a pattern Paypal won't want to do business with them anymore.

lazylightning,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I haven't tried it with the 30mm, but the drop down from Oregon Glass Blower pairs very nicely with the 20mm Liger + Leisure Incycler and retains the chug quite well. It also makes the rig very stable and I haven't had any near-tipovers since I started using it.

I just weighed both of them side by side with no inserts and was surprised to find they weight almost the same.

20mm with 14/18m adapter = 87.48g

30mm with 14/18m adapter = 88.04g

I haven't had to actually file a dispute yet, but I've thrown it out there as a possibility twice now. I'm sure they've have more than a few disputes filed by now and if it becomes a pattern Paypal won't want to do business with them anymore.

Placed my order for the 20mm bundle and the 30mm bundle. I am only getting the 30mm to get the obsidian insert (I also want a nice and clean silver 30mm liger as mine got torched and is gold) I also have to order a female adapter but i have a feeling that will slow down my order. I will just order at a later date. These were decent deals that i just couldnt resist.

Wow... they are basically the same weight. That is a bummer as i was hoping it would be at least 10% lighter. Thanks for checking for me!

When i added the drop down to the lil 14mm leisure incycler, it stopped the chug for me. I took it out and replaced with a 14mm male to 18mm female adapter and chug came back but this lil guy tipped over with the Liger in it and broke the 14mm joint broke off. So i put it away and pulled out the brick stack until i find a glass repair guy. The brick stack really doesnt have a chug so a drop down stays on that rig.

This week, ill head to Home Depot or Lowes and look for a rubber or foam clamp so i can clamp the base of the rig to the glass table. I see myself using the Liger much more since getting a glass carb cap. And with the 20mm Liger on the way, i am sure these incyclers are going to be used and i cant have them tipping and breaking.

Top Bottom