• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Carta by Focus V

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Oh my

"....we want to reassure that any and all comments are welcome. BUT, with that being said anything deemed out of place, trolling, spam, hate speech, or harassment will be removed. ...."

This makes me feel really weird.

Didn't the same thing happen with the Boundless Tera teflon-gate? Wasn't this why Randall was removed from Boundless?

edit: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/boundless-tera.25309/page-58#post-1253057

"Although the entire Boundless team has been close friends and partners for many years, the rushed decisions made by our previous management team has caused us to re-evaluate our product releases and restructure our team internally to be more aware of all manufacturing processes and steps."

Last edited:
muunch,

BruCap

Got my Focus V Sic bucket yesterday, hesitant to post on Reddit since it seems like they're now deleting posts or comments they don't like/ that call them out on things (a reason it's an issue for them to be the moderator of their own subreddit).

Anyways: Used the Sic bucket a few times before switching back to titanium. I was planning on just returning it, since I didn't hear about the cap cracking issues until after it had been shipped out, but figured I'd give it a shot, if anything just to stop people from wasting money on it if it was a flop. And yeah, I would't recommend it, unfortunately. I was only getting whispy hits on every temp I tried, the entire atty and my after market cap were both extremely hot, to the point where the atty could've easily burned me, and the cap was too warm for comfort.

Not impressed at all, and watching them delete all those posts and comments on reddit yesterday makes me feel pretty uneasy about Focus as a company. Bummed out because I loved and really believed in them, but I feel like they've changed a lot as they've gotten more popular. Seems like you guys (specifically the beta testers) got the short end of the stick, because it seems like nobody has gotten any of the upgrades/ items/ etc that you guys were promised.

Hoosier

Got my Focus V Sic bucket yesterday, hesitant to post on Reddit since it seems like they're now deleting posts or comments they don't like/ that call them out on things (a reason it's an issue for them to be the moderator of their own subreddit).

Anyways: Used the Sic bucket a few times before switching back to titanium. I was planning on just returning it, since I didn't hear about the cap cracking issues until after it had been shipped out, but figured I'd give it a shot, if anything just to stop people from wasting money on it if it was a flop. And yeah, I would't recommend it, unfortunately. I was only getting whispy hits on every temp I tried, the entire atty and my after market cap were both extremely hot, to the point where the atty could've easily burned me, and the cap was too warm for comfort.

Not impressed at all, and watching them delete all those posts and comments on reddit yesterday makes me feel pretty uneasy about Focus as a company. Bummed out because I loved and really believed in them, but I feel like they've changed a lot as they've gotten more popular. Seems like you guys (specifically the beta testers) got the short end of the stick, because it seems like nobody has gotten any of the upgrades/ items/ etc that you guys were promised.

As a beta owner, I can attest that I have received far more than I could have ever imagined from Focus V...about as far from “short end of the stick” as could be.

I am finding that my everlast atty pairs best with the quartz bucket and a SiC Terp pearl. 608f for 1 min. Hit 10-15 sec in. You’re welcome.

MonkeyTime

As a beta owner, I can attest that I have received far more than I could have ever imagined from Focus V...about as far from “short end of the stick” as could be.

I am finding that my everlast atty pairs best with the quartz bucket and a SiC Terp pearl. 608f for 1 min. Hit 10-15 sec in. You’re welcome.

Couldn't agree more. I feel closer to guilty than cheated, my cup runith over.

That's encouraging! What size pearl, 3mm?

MakeVio

I definitely agree, I don't like some of the things carta has done, said, and promises they've gone back on, removing anything they deem negative, or anything that may "sway" a potential buyer on the wrong direction.

That aside, how did you attempt to use your SiC? With the Everlast or not? Also, did you attempt to preheat it a cycle or 2 before going in? Just curious

Grifo

Been watching this thread for a while now and I'm glad I decided to wait to get a carta.
spongebob-ight-imma-head-out-meme.jpg

Last edited:

Ferrusbuelker

Not all us beta tester got a Magna Carta. Hell I never even got a fully functioning unit, out of the two bases I received, 6 atomizers, 2 attachments none of the atomizers lasted more than a week and attachments weren’t airtight and one based didn’t ever really work.

I’m sure lots of people with full functioning Cartas that are loving it because in the brief time mine did work it hit great and I loved it. But not responding after a unit malfunctions again and never receiving another one particularly after supporting them early on and hearing snide remarks like most of the problems are due to user error or “like getting a free Magna Carta” when not all beta testers were given the same treatment is infuriating. There are obvious quality control problems and communication issues and just to pretend like they don’t exist is unfair to those thinking about purchasing one.

I’m not trying to smear or attack focus just stating my experience and frustration. I won’t post any further as I’ve been clear about my experience. My hope is that Focus can work out some of the issues with quality control and get back on track with communicating to their customer base and the Carta is a great success and enjoyable vape for the public.

Last edited:

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
So, as a lot of you know I am no noob, I am an IT Engineer and long-time vape/enail nerd. I like my Carta, but this is my second one and this one doesn't get out of flower mode no matter what I do. I have downloaded the app, but the app doesn't change it to dab mode...any ideas? Is there a secret number of button clicks or something since the app doesn't work on my Iphone XS or 11 pro to switch modes? It will change temps and start the unit however.

Hoosier

So, as a lot of you know I am no noob, I am an IT Engineer and long-time vape/enail nerd. I like my Carta, but this is my second one and this one doesn't get out of flower mode no matter what I do. I have downloaded the app, but the app doesn't change it to dab mode...any ideas? Is there a secret number of button clicks or something since the app doesn't work on my Iphone XS or 11 pro to switch modes? It will change temps and start the unit however.

Have you tried multiple atomizers?

Hoosier

Has anyone from the beta team received the Everlast and SiC inserts? Seems a lot of radio silence lately.

Focus has said on reddit that beta members are now getting crimson cartas, since the initial everlast and sic sold out quickly. That said, it also appears that the SiC have been a failure and Focus is no longer going down the SiC path. Who the hell knows at this point!

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Focus has said on reddit that beta members are now getting crimson cartas, since the initial everlast and sic sold out quickly. That said, it also appears that the SiC have been a failure and Focus is no longer going down the SiC path. Who the hell knows at this point!
Does any beta purchaser have a Crimson either on the way to them, or delivered to them, pursuant to this?

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Have Beta's really been told that they will now receive a Crimson, even if they have already received a Black or White one already?

That appears to be beyond generous on their part if true. :mental:

Thought that all Beta's would be receiving the everlast atty and a sic though, but neither have headed my way and repeat inquiries to Carta has been met with crickets...

I don't read much into my last statement, as their CS has been stellar up to this point...YMMV.

dmojo23

Have Beta's really been told that they will now receive a Crimson, even if they have already received a Black or White one already?

That appears to be beyond generous on their part if true. :mental:

Thought that all Beta's would be receiving the everlast atty and a sic though, but neither have headed my way and repeat inquiries to Carta has been met with crickets...

I don't read much into my last statement, as their CS has been stellar up to this point...YMMV.
I was told directly on IG that beta folks get the crimson with a danktube and ceramic insert.

Dabarosa

So did Some beta users get an all black Carta or was it restricted to the white one that was sent out?

Interested about the crimson Carta as well, I’m a beta user and would gladly swap out my brand new holy white unit for the crimson red. Would match my setup perfectly

Dabarosa,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Hopefully, they will have everything sorted before too long so I can get myself one for...x-mas?

LesPlenty,

Hoosier

So did Some beta users get an all black Carta or was it restricted to the white one that was sent out?

Interested about the crimson Carta as well, I’m a beta user and would gladly swap out my brand new holy white unit for the crimson red. Would match my setup perfectly

I got an all black with custom engraving.

Summer

Long Island, NY
I saw the KR danktube over on reddit, but I don't understand the purpose it serves.

Here's a pic:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FocusVCarta/comments/dalk9v/got_my_krdank_glass_top_for_carta_few_days_ago/

It looks like you unscrew the top of the atomizer & then put the bucket in & then put this danktube on top in place of screwing the atomizer top back on??? Looks like it's purpose may be to prevent spillovers?

The website says shipping for the Crimson preorders will be on or before 10/7. It says it comes with a custom atty which I am assuming is the V2 & supposedly it's gonna come with a ceramic insert. The Crimson is being sent out to beta testers instead of the Everlast atty & sic bucket bundle.

I don't see the new or redesigned quartz bucket for sale on the website yet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0d43gLB5Qf/?igshid=w7dlwsb0t9qj

Click the red gift box on the website to enter for a Crimson Carta IG giveaway in 3 days. You have to be watching the stream to win.
Well damn, if they are following through with that, then color me highly impressed...:tup::nod:

"Highly impressed" is even an understatement! :D

Last edited:

pghjd

I saw the KR danktube over on reddit, but I don't understand the purpose it serves.

Here's a pic:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FocusVCarta/comments/dalk9v/got_my_krdank_glass_top_for_carta_few_days_ago/

It looks like you unscrew the top of the atomizer & then put the bucket in & then put this danktube on top in place of screwing the atomizer top back on??? Looks like it's purpose may be to prevent spillovers?

The website says shipping for the Crimson preorders will be on or before 10/7. It says it comes with a custom atty which I am assuming is the V2 & supposedly it's gonna come with a ceramic insert. The Crimson is being sent out to beta testers instead of the Everlast atty & sic bucket bundle.

I don't see the new or redesigned quartz bucket for sale on the website yet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0d43gLB5Qf/?igshid=w7dlwsb0t9qj

Click the red gift box on the website to enter for a Crimson Carta IG giveaway in 3 days. You have to be watching the stream to win.

"Highly impressed" is even an understatement! :D
The Sic inserts cause the plastic caps to crack. The danktube is made of glass so the heat wont crack it.

Top Bottom