Carta by Focus V

MonkeyTime

That's very cool, sign me up!

I had pictured one in my head that was straight up with a small can to hold the male joint above the carb cap so you could put HT's on there too!

MonkeyTime,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Summer

Long Island, NY
Oh, & the ceramic bucket should be on the website tonight or tom. Randall said the he orders parts in lots of 1000 & when they are gone, they are gone. They might not be back. So if you see something you want, it would behoove you to jump on it.

Here's a fun piece. The beer bottle is a carb cap that attaches with a magnet & there's a button to turn his belly light on:

Last edited:

freddiegibbs

This thing works a little too well. I will probably be picking one up to complement (replace?) my ZC connector. The maker is @tonykazyglass, who has also created some spectacular dragon headdies for the Carta. Actually, all of the pieces I've seen from the Flame Off have been pretty spectacular. There's an absolute orgy of talent coming together in the Carta community now.

I got a crimson unit today too. I kinda thought they were messing with me about beta people getting them until it was in my hands. What a sweet deal. I haven't gotten to use it much yet, but the SiC insert in the crimson at level 1 is maybe the best hit I've gotten off a Carta to date.

freddiegibbs

@freddiegibbs, did you get advance shipping notice for the Crimson or did it just show up in your mailbox? No, as I stated above, Randall said on reddit that since the Everlast atomizers & SIC buckets sold out that FV was substituting the Crimson Carta. Some substitution, huh? :rockon:
I got mine in person. From what I understand, the pre-ordered crimsons haven't shipped yet, so I'm not sure when the beta units will go out. But yeah, hell of a substitute. The generosity they've shown the beta team is an embarrassment of riches. The crimson is beautiful in person - a deep, dark, matte, all-over red. It comes with the everlast and sic attached right out the box. I'm not sure what the exact temperature differences are from the prior iterations, but the new presets gradually increase in temp through the hit. I am getting some dense tasty hits off the SiC at the tail end of a level 1 cycle, with no noticeable drop in quality on subsequent hits. Definitely the best configuration of the Carta so far. The new EQ bucket is pretty nice too. I think I'll be going back and forth between that and the SiC in the crimson from here on out. It also came with 2 ceramic buckets which I haven't gotten to try yet, but they look the same as the prototype one I've had for a bit that works really nicely.

Herbie Hancock

The 60 Second Assasin
They certainly haven’t taken care of all the beta users... I haven’t even got a response when I reached out inquiring.

Herbie Hancock,

freddiegibbs

They certainly haven’t taken care of all the beta users... I haven’t even got a response when I reached out inquiring.
I would suggest trying again. They have been nonstop busy for a while now, so I'm not surprised that some inquiries fell through the cracks. But they've also hired a few dedicated CS people recently who have been doing a kickass job of servicing the ever-increasing customer pool. If you don't get a reply on IG, they also have a phone number listed on their site that you can call during normal business hours.

Summer

Long Island, NY
I was just thinking -- that wpa has a 45° angle, so it's really best suited for a bong. Although I'd like to see them make a 90° adapter, the way around this is to attach another angled M to F or F to F adapter (depending on your bubbler) to this adapter to get the Carta as level to the rig as possible. Tag, before their forced closure, carried angled adapters - 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 & 45°.

I'm gonna pm Randall & ask if the would carry 90° ones. ;)

Edited to add: pm'd Randall with my suggestion. :tup:

Last edited:

started@52

Anyone have experience with the ceramic buckets listed as “limited”? How they vape and also how they clean up?
https://focusvproducts.com/collecti...cts/ceramic-bucket-2pk?variant=30321513365553

Ok, trying this(iOS side load Mac to IPhone) one more time. This the error message I get after entering my apple specific password.

Edit: I deleted all downloads and tried again and finally worked!
38-CC96-C9-ABE9-4053-B06-B-3-D31-B0548-F23.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

freddiegibbs

Anyone have experience with the ceramic buckets listed as “limited”? How they vape and also how they clean up?
https://focusvproducts.com/collecti...cts/ceramic-bucket-2pk?variant=30321513365553
I like it. I probably won't use it much, as I prefer the overall performance of SiC and easier cleanup of EQ. But I think ceramic makes smoother, tastier hits than quartz in the crimson everlast at level 2. It can be torched back to pure white, but SiC and quartz just need a swab. If you like ceramic in general, you'll like these.

I haven't even used the app on the crimson unit yet because level 1 is great for SiC and level 2 for quartz and ceramic. And I don't think the app reproduces the gradual temp increase that the presets have.

jimsmith90210

Who Is Nate?
I like it. I probably won't use it much, as I prefer the overall performance of SiC and easier cleanup of EQ. But I think ceramic makes smoother, tastier hits than quartz in the crimson everlast at level 2. It can be torched back to pure white, but SiC and quartz just need a swab. If you like ceramic in general, you'll like these.

I haven't even used the app on the crimson unit yet because level 1 is great for SiC and level 2 for quartz and ceramic. And I don't think the app reproduces the gradual temp increase that the presets have.

You are making me very much look forward to getting a Crimson Carta

started@52

Is your sic dish a removable bucket or a permanent sic atty?

started@52,

jimsmith90210

Who Is Nate?
Does anyone know if the EQ quartz buckets that focus is selling have the heater indentation on the bottom or are they totally flat on the bottom?

jimsmith90210,

freddiegibbs

Does it work much better than the stock quartz?

I completely abhor the stock quartz
I stopped using the stock quartz a while back after it was having issues with the newer atomizers. But I've been maining the EQ for the past couple of days because it works great with the everlast atty. Oil is completely activated and ready to puff by the time the lights turn green at level 2 and 3.

Aggi

Aggi Swaggi
I stopped using the stock quartz a while back after it was having issues with the newer atomizers. But I've been maining the EQ for the past couple of days because it works great with the everlast atty. Oil is completely activated and ready to puff by the time the lights turn green at level 2 and 3.

Does it prevent spillover successfully? Whenever I dab Sauce, the spillover is a problem and clogs the pathway like every 3 days I have to do a major cleaning. As opposed to once a week like any other concentrate.

Aggi,
Top Bottom