Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

SixStringToker

Naked member
I don't believe that most of the people reporting 800+ temps with the baller heads are actually running at 800+ temps unless they didn't stretch their coils prior to installation in which case the coil's just bleeding off heat and not fully transferring it to the titanium body. I suspect that they either have a wonky controller or coil or there's an offset in their controller that they've forgotten about.

Troy talked about needed to go over 800 for decent hits on his qaroma and he found that the outside of the body was only getting up to 500 and some change despite the controller being set to over 800. If I set my auber to 800 with the qaroma and measure the outside of the body with a surface probe, I measure 756 degrees. I think that there's something wonky with Troy's controller.

Last edited:

PharaohJ

Well I bought my coil from Vgoodiez, and he stretched it before he shipped it to me. My previous coil that I was running at 730 eventually started to have big jumps in temp (like 50-100 on the PID). This coil has been locked at 820, it drops after I hit it but it never has gone above 822, and drops back down in temp in a few seconds. It actually preforms more consistently than my previous coil. I have the Auber RDK-200 PID, and I was thinking about grabbing the 300 from Vgoodiez as well when I get the b1, but I'd rather not spend the extra money if I didn't have to (why I got the 200 in the first place lol).

PharaohJ,
Reactions: VGOODIEZ

David Root

I do the 777 one hit with the WeedEater. I now have a B1 and 575 to 635 works for me.

Got a cap for the WeedEater, but the B1 came the same day. So I have not used it yet.

David.

David Root,

cvs8floz

3mm B1 vs capped Weedeater, it's a virtual tie. Went back to the Weedeater last night after spending a solid week with the B1, wanted to see if I would notice a drop of performance and go back to the B1 right away, no such thing happened. A capped Weedeater delivers hits comparable to the B1 and maybe even a little faster, the B1 wins on temperature and no cap but I find the vapor quality and intensity almost the same, neither one irritates my throat or makes me cough when run at 565 and 605 respectively. I next want to try 4mm balls in the B1, both capped and uncapped, I am hoping to find a new sweet spot @ 575 - 585.

Ripstar

Damn, really wishing I didn't miss the black Friday sale for my first CH unit. This B1 looks really special!

Ripstar,

SquirrelMaster

I just can't get enough of the B-1, it smashes me every night. I havent had any inclination to try the 4mm balls (though I will eventually) because the 3mm work so well. Two massive hits to kill a full bowl @325°C/617°F is incredible imo and a couple of those back-to-back hit me like a freight train. There's nothing like watching Home Alone after a good Flowerpot session .

David Root

OK, to report on the WeedEater with a cap.

I took the B1 off the coil. I put the weedeater on and used all the same equipment.

I left the Auber on 625 where it had been for the B1.

Using the Universal cap, I left it on the head as it warmed up.

First hit, not much vapor. Slowed down draw and not much different.
Next hit much better, but I still can over draw the WeedEater.
I turned the Auber to 650 and finished the bowl.

After cooling I removed the WeedEater and put the B1 back on stuffing a few more 3mm balls in there.

B1 from now on.

David

cvs8floz

OK, to report on the WeedEater with a cap.

I took the B1 off the coil. I put the weedeater on and used all the same equipment.

I left the Auber on 625 where it had been for the B1.

Using the Universal cap, I left it on the head as it warmed up.

First hit, not much vapor. Slowed down draw and not much different.
Next hit much better, but I still can over draw the WeedEater.
I turned the Auber to 650 and finished the bowl.

After cooling I removed the WeedEater and put the B1 back on stuffing a few more 3mm balls in there.

B1 from now on.

David
This is so different from my experience, I use an 18mm glass bowl on top of a DO20 9 inch bubler with a splitter and a dropdown. The first hit with a capped Weedeater can be thim, it really depends on how long you leave the head on before taking it. I normally wait 30-60 seconds for the first hit and get a much richer hit because of the added conduction. I guess I try to achieve max conduction and convection to get instant vapor and take 2-3 second hits. I also keep the head on an empty bowl so it stays hot. I use the same approach with the B1 and get similar results.

I also switched to new 4mm ruby balls 2 nights ago, felt an improvement in flavor for the first few hits but then I find that flavor always improves when you switch heads or balls, at least for a day. I like the 4mm balls for my style of vaping, I increased temp to 575 and actually find that the material chars less than at 565 with the 3mm balls. I also find that I can now smell better when the first hit is ready, the 3mm balls trap the vapor much more. Once again, I find that the carb cap adds little to nothing, especially once the bowl is nice and hot.

cvs8floz,
Reactions: Summer

SquirrelMaster

Mine are like 5 lmao. I do hot and fast. I should try slow and low
I'm the same, about 5-6 seconds. My lungs are full of dense vapor after that so it takes me another pull to clear the glass. I started hitting my B-1 the other day right as it reached temp and I was getting incredibly terpy hits.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: Ripstar

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Draw times and draw resistance, very important ingredients with convection style vapes. Learned this early on after COMBUSTING a few times. For beginners to convection, just remember... SLOW and restrictive = more HEAT on the load. FAST = COOLER temps over the load. Restriction plays a role on your draw so it’s in combination. I didn’t know this when I started... but became obvious, that I am PART of the delivery system.

I draw about 10-12 seconds at 565f with the moderate restriction of the B1 loaded with 3mm balls.
So for those that draw in 5 seconds, to attempt a full extraction, the temperature needs to be higher.
Most are also not mentioning the load size, which is of course a large contributing factor. Some say “full bowl”. Ok, what bowl?
For me it’s easier to state the AMOUNT and what GRIND SIZE. I don’t weigh, just use a level 1/8th teaspoon, which is close to a “.1” gram, same as the CH “Pax scoop”. For the CH Titanium “Shovelhead bowl”, I use BCG MED/FINE GRIND 1 or 2 “scoops”, depending on my desired results. Most of the CH videos demonstrate using a “.1” scoop, and Edwyn says: “just enough to cover the shovelhead screen.” That’s kind of the demo standard he uses with a fine grind.

Zoltani

Draw times and draw resistance, very important ingredients with convection style vapes. Learned this early on after COMBUSTING a few times. For beginners to convection, just remember... SLOW and restrictive = more HEAT on the load. FAST = COOLER temps over the load. Restriction plays a role on your draw so it’s in combination. I didn’t know this when I started... but became obvious, that I am PART of the delivery system.

I draw about 10-12 seconds at 565f with the moderate restriction of the B1 loaded with 3mm balls.
So for those that draw in 5 seconds, to attempt a full extraction, the temperature needs to be higher.
Most are also not mentioning the load size, which is of course a large contributing factor. Some say “full bowl”. Ok, what bowl?
For me it’s easier to state the AMOUNT and what GRIND SIZE. I don’t weigh, just use a level 1/8th teaspoon, which is close to a “.1” gram, same as the CH “Pax scoop”. For the CH Titanium “Shovelhead bowl”, I use BCG MED/FINE GRIND 1 or 2 “scoops”, depending on my desired results. Most of the CH videos demonstrate using a “.1” scoop, and Edwyn says: “just enough to cover the shovelhead screen.” That’s kind of the demo standard he uses with a fine grind.

My variables are exactly the same.

I use the pax scoop, and I have found that with 1 or 2 scoops I get the same 2 good hits, maybe a wispy 3rd with the 2 scoops. But I do notice a difference in effect. Is that your experience as well or do you get more hits with more material?

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I loaded up a big one, for me, this evening. Probably 3 pax scoops. I rarely load this much. The B-1 almost had me combusted at 585. I tore through it in two very fast rips. Swear to god, I’ve never combusted with the FP. I’ve been back and forth with heads lately. I’m definitely a B-1 guy at the moment.

Last edited:

ManFlies352

Just got my B1 today and it's such a massive upgrade on the WeedEater, I'm honestly pretty shocked Don't get me wrong, I liked my WeedEater, but I had to run it between 650-680 WITH a carb cap to get a nice milky rip. With the B1, I set things to 600 with no carb cap and get better hits that hit much smoother because the temp isn't as high. I honestly could run it slightly cooler. I am beyond impressed - I had pretty much stopped using the WeedEater in favor of my T Bucket due to the fidgetiness of the process. Easier, better hits, smoother hits, perfection. Add in the heat shield and you have yourself a much better and safer experience :)

cvs8floz

I use a plastic lab spatula which has a wide opening, I load the Plusplus glass bowl to the rim, about 3-4 scoops that equal .25 -.3 g. What we all fail to take into consideration is the nature and quality of the material we are using, high THC strains produce twice the vapor of more balanced 1:1 strains which I prefer. My typical blended bowl yields about 1 quality hit per scoop, but when I switch to a high THC strain that number doubles. Still rolling with the 4mm balls for now.

Top Bottom