Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

androponic

vaped.
So @RustyOldNail , is the point to double up on the balls, i.e. in the injector & b-head or is it to choose where you want you balls to be placed, i.e. in the injector OR b-head. If the balls are placed in both, then I assume, 1) you can lower your temp a lot & 2) there's gotta be a lot of restriction.
you only want to have balls in the same area of the injector as the B1/B2 non injector ballers using the provided screen. they did make a second cut inside of the injector down low for an optional smaller screen where the 18mm fitting is so the whole thing could be filled with balls but being that it is so far from the coil beta users found it actually steals heat away.

SixStringToker

Naked member
you only want to have balls in the same area of the injector as the B1/B2 non injector ballers using the provided screen. they did make a second cut inside of the injector down low for an optional smaller screen where the 18mm fitting is so the whole thing could be filled with balls but being that it is so far from the coil beta users found it actually steals heat away.
Yea, balls loaded down into the joint are just too far from the coil and the walls of the joint are very thin, so there's no thermal mass to help keep them hot. They constantly leech heat from the balls in the main chamber and bleed it off into the air. To get vapor with a fully loaded injector (~400 balls), you have to crank the temp crazy high. You won't get any vapor at the beginning of a hit because the balls in the joint will rob much of the heat until they're fully saturated before finally passing on the remaining heat to your herb.

I do find that a 5/8" screen at the bottom of the joint (with just air between the two screens) does give me more even ABV.

cvs8floz

I think I may be able to go even lower than 565, gonna try it out. What I really love so far is how much faster my piece starts milking up, which also reduces the amount of time sucking hot air.
I can't go below 560, especially with fresh material, so I find myself toggling between 560 and 565 depending on dryness. I load my glass bowl to the brim, 3 to 4 large scoops, trying to use up as much material before it goes stale. I know I am wasteful, I typically get 3-4 cloudy hits without removing the head. Typically wait 10-20 seconds after putting heater on bowl to take first hit, if you wait too long because you are too stoned to remember that you just loaded a new bowl you will get one monster hit and not much after. Timing that first hit right is the critical part but if you miss it so what, just load another bowl!

cvs8floz,

snackmaster

Running the exact same temps. I posted earlier that there seemed like a lot of “temp swings” between different users, but it was misconstrued. I should have simply said “temperature differences”. So it makes sense to state the basics we are using in our individual setups, as while a huge factor, draw speed is hard to quantify. If I go much higher then 565f, the load gets too dark on the top for my taste. I’ve seen some running at 700f... must be a fast draw....

I’m using a filled up B1, with the CH 3mm rubies, on the stock titanium flowerpot shovelhead.
.1-.15 grams, enough to cover the shovelhead screen.

I'd like to know what kinda glass people are using too.

I've been running the B1 @ 610 with 3mm rubies on ~15" straight tube style bongs with little to no restriction. A single pax scoop in the shovelhead gets me roughly 2 good hits before the vapor stops, and I end up with a medium ABV that a lot of people would push further. Running down in the 500s doesn't sound doable to me so I must have a quick draw?

Steel28

I've been running the B1 @ 610 with 3mm rubies on ~15" straight tube style bongs with little to no restriction. A single pax scoop in the shovelhead gets me roughly 2 good hits before the vapor stops, and I end up with a medium ABV that a lot of people would push further. Running down in the 500s doesn't sound doable to me so I must have a quick draw?
I have Mobius Matrix Ion OG and run B1 with rubies at 570. Same as you, two good hits before vapor stops. I use full old head scoop of material and do super fast draws.

I’m looking to expand my glass collection as well..

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Always have an 18mm jointed "big" bong (which is currently a 16" C2 straight tube) and a 14mm "small" rig (currenlty a 9" fatboy mini tube) on deck. Always dry. B1 head, 3mm rubies with an 8mm burried in the center, 580 on the Auber. I flip flop between them based on mood, but more often grab the smaller rig.

David Root

Gone as low as 525 with a capped B1.

Did it once, B1 needs NO CAP.

Will work @ 550 for me no cap. Running @ 599.
David

Can't edit.

Tamped Shovelhead bowl 1/2 full fine grind 18 mm. Vapor @ 499 capped B1.
@475 capped it took 1/2 draw to get vapor, it did get thick on the next draw. First one was spicy hot in the back of my throat. Minty?
Second draw the burn was more in my mouth.

Stopped after 3 draws.

David

I am putting the Weedeater back on. Will report later

Tuck

I've gone as low as 525 on my B2 uncapped but right now it is 535F. I get 3-4 hits before I get chocolate ABV. I only cap for dabs. I'm using a 15" recycler as my daily driver.

Tuck,
Reactions: Summer

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I've gone as low as 525 on my B2 uncapped but right now it is 535F. I get 3-4 hits before I get chocolate ABV. I only cap for dabs. I'm using a 15" recycler as my daily driver.

In the “shovelhead”?
How much do you load?
All these things and more, are important parts of the recipe....

RustyOldNail,

David Root

B1 capped at 450. Vapor after a long draw.

Looked up, now PID said 425. I took another draw and got some more Vapor. Used it tonight back at 599 no cap, B1.

David Root,

Zoltani

565 on the PID, one pax scoop, hygrometer reading 57% in jar, medium plate on BCG ground upside down, I get about 2 good hits before it is done. I feel like I got maybe 3 hits with the weedeater, but with the B1 the AVB appears darker than with the weedeater. So far seems like the B1 is just faster and more efficient at extraction. Again, for me this is good because I can take less hits for same effect.

Planck

believes in Dog
If you tap the picture you should see controls pop up including a gear symbol to improve the video resolution.
Yes they are there now, the last few have not had them. Did you change anything or perhaps I need a reboot. Looking forward to watching this, thanks!

Planck,
Reactions: VGOODIEZ

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
For anyone having difficulties with glass options for the InjectorHead I’ve been getting great hits using the InjectorHead with the ShovelHead 18mm basket screen hack. 🌬️

Lozo

I haven’t used my Flowerpot for a while, guess I got side tracked with a few portables lately but I fired it up the other evening, damn….. I did forget how insanely good this thing is and super happy to have it back in rotation. I’m still using a showerhead and early VRod but I have been catching up with the thread, I’m really tempted to get a B1 head.

PharaohJ

Grabbed a new coil for my Weedeater (planning on upgrading to the b1 in the near future). My first coil actually wasn't a CH one, but this one is. I was running at 730 on the first coil, and on this new one I've had to pump it up to 820 to get the hits I was getting on the first. I thought this was super high until I watched Troy's balleater video and saw he was running his at 780 with the balls. I've seen most people aren't above 700 so I'm just wondering if running this high of a temp for long times (up to 10+ hours on my days off) will negatively affect either the PID or coil? I'm assuming not as this vape is a fucking tank, but just want to be sure.

PharaohJ,

WelshBrok

Grabbed a new coil for my Weedeater (planning on upgrading to the b1 in the near future). My first coil actually wasn't a CH one, but this one is. I was running at 730 on the first coil, and on this new one I've had to pump it up to 820 to get the hits I was getting on the first. I thought this was super high until I watched Troy's balleater video and saw he was running his at 780 with the balls. I've seen most people aren't above 700 so I'm just wondering if running this high of a temp for long times (up to 10+ hours on my days off) will negatively affect either the PID or coil? I'm assuming not as this vape is a fucking tank, but just want to be sure.
Waaay waaay back pre-baller and possibly pre-vrod there was a 700 (or was it 777) 1 hitter group but I don’t think I’ve read any 800+ temps. That said there could be some differences between coils and pids and the weedeater probably ran the hottest of all the flowerpots.
Auber instruments says that running the coil >1000f is out of warranty so I guess 820 should be ok. Also counterintuitively turning it off between sessions is better for the coil.
I think running my 3mm baller modded weedeater at anything over 700 would probably combust without a pretty strong pull and I’ve settled around 590

PharaohJ

Honestly, I think I'm running such a high temp just because of how hard and fast I rip a bong. I've tried to dial it in to replicate a combustion like bong rip, and it's there just really fucking hot. The biggest appeal of the baller mods is being able to reduce the heat like you said. I'm hoping that the b1 I'll be able to at least drop back down 100 degrees. It's good to know I'm still a couple hundred degrees below the danger zone though.

In the meantime I might have to work on learning how to relax and slow my draw!

PharaohJ,
Top Bottom