Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Severmore

B2 owner here. If I order a WeedEater head, can I mix and match tops and bottoms to create all four CH powerhouses (B1,B2,VROD,&WE)? Apologies if this has been answered ad nauseam.
Thanks!

edit…actually it’s a bit more complicated. I’ve a VROD that was converted to a B2, thus, I have the original diffuser. Can I buy a flowerpot B1 nut (3227) and Ti screen to satisfy the above?

Last edited:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
B2 owner here. If I order a WeedEater head, can I mix and match tops and bottoms to create all four CH powerhouses (B1,B2,VROD,&WE)? Apologies if this has been answered ad nauseam.
Thanks!
Wow that hurts my head to think about. You could do all 4 I believe but for the B-1 you would have to do the screen hack with the WE top nut.

DamnGentleman

Thanks!
The B-1 uses its own nut with a groove for the top screen. The Weedeater nut doesn't have that groove but you can still jam a screen in there, it's just a little less elegant. You might also want to consider getting separate coils for B-1 and B-2 as they fit a bit differently. Personally, I think the balled heaters are such an improvement that I see no reason to go back to the OG titanium diffusers.

delta hotel

Thanks!

edit…actually it’s a bit more complicated. I’ve a VROD that was converted to a B2, thus, I have the original diffuser. Can I buy a flowerpot B1 nut (3227) and Ti screen to satisfy the above?
To your edit: Yes. This is what I did and I think I'm sticking with the B-1 for now. I converted a VROD to a B-2, then I bought the nut you mentioned and converted it into a B-1. I can make all of the CH units now except the original weedeater.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
@RustyOldNail thank you for pointing out the 2 hole cap. Totally missed this and have been wanting to try out with the DCup. Any experience with the prior 2 hole?

I just use the OG ATWO HOLE cap that came with my DCup, I could always plug one hole with tiny silicone plug if desired. Then I got the Universal cap a few weeks ago, with ONE HOLE, now it seems it’s got TWO HOLES. The new one doesn’t SPIN as easily as it has more grooves, so each groove is THINNER. It will work, just have to be more careful when spinning.

Severmore

@delta hotel
The drilled holes come from the OG diffuser side of the equation, yeah? Simply remove the screen of the B-1 and mate the two pieces together? I’m probably confused.

Regardless, I’ma buy a B-1 Nut…and yes, this soon after a BF sale. Doh!

snackmaster

@delta hotel
The drilled holes come from the OG diffuser side of the equation, yeah? Simply remove the screen of the B-1 and mate the two pieces together? I’m probably confused.

Regardless, I’ma buy a B-1 Nut…and yes, this soon after a BF sale. Doh!
I tried my B1 nut on my old 18 hole diffuser and you can attach them just fine without removing the screen.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
try out with the DCup. Any experience with the prior 2 hole?
I’ve got a DCup two hole. It’s got a tooth pick in one of the holes. I liked the one hole universal cap with DCup. The vacuum pressure it creates just feels better. That’s what lead me to block one of the holes on the DCup carb.7B61D580-77A1-408A-BBEC-012C7E9AB771.jpeg
I did enjoy my OG VRod 2 hole carb on my VRod.62DBB851-DE72-49CB-A36E-1F4D673ED9D9.jpeg

Texus

snackmaster

He’ll yeah. I need this for that Timberhead PID I just won. He did put a heat post on it but there is no place for the ShovelHead.
Ooh nice I think I caught a glimpse of that on his IG story the other day and it looked great. I've been playing around with a couple designs for PID stand enhancements I want to run by him to see if they're viable.

SquirrelMaster

My BF order arrived yesterday and after a quick clean of all the parts I had my VROD converted to the B2 with a new B1 beside it. The 2 Ed's TNT handles I ordered are stunning! The ergonomics absolutely crush the stock Shovelhead bowl, this is a worthwhile upgrade imo.

I was scratching my head a little when I set the new Auber to 320° and I wasn't getting any vapor, but I quickly remembered they come set to Farenheit not Celsius so I swapped units and set the dial to 320°C/608°F on both Auber's.

After a few minutes of warming up while I checked on my plants (my Slurricane #7 is looking frosty!) I took the plunge. The B1 is ridiculous, I've never seen my Sphere fill up with vapor so quickly. I agree with @delta hotel in response to @ManFlies352 that no carb cap is needed for the B1 and I actually feel like it hurts the performance. I don't have a new universal carb cap but instead a Beracky glass cap and the additional airflow restriction is exactly that, without a noticeable increase in vapor density. The B1 isn't as free flowing as a VapBong for comparison but it's easily the most free flowing of the CH family and just gives you instant vapor.

The B2 is a different kind of beast. I need to open mine up and re-work the rubies because I'm getting a good hot spot on a portion of the bowl. Both my B1 and B2 currently have 3mm rubies installed. It hits harder than the VROD, that's for sure, but compared to the B1 I need to do more side by side testing (which completely crushes me) to see what I think of each. My tolerance has been climbing over the past week and these two are going to destroy it.

Severmore

delta hotel

My BF order arrived yesterday and after a quick clean of all the parts I had my VROD converted to the B2 with a new B1 beside it. The 2 Ed's TNT handles I ordered are stunning! The ergonomics absolutely crush the stock Shovelhead bowl, this is a worthwhile upgrade imo.

I was scratching my head a little when I set the new Auber to 320° and I wasn't getting any vapor, but I quickly remembered they come set to Farenheit not Celsius so I swapped units and set the dial to 320°C/608°F on both Auber's.

After a few minutes of warming up while I checked on my plants (my Slurricane #7 is looking frosty!) I took the plunge. The B1 is ridiculous, I've never seen my Sphere fill up with vapor so quickly. I agree with @delta hotel in response to @ManFlies352 that no carb cap is needed for the B1 and I actually feel like it hurts the performance. I don't have a new universal carb cap but instead a Beracky glass cap and the additional airflow restriction is exactly that, without a noticeable increase in vapor density. The B1 isn't as free flowing as a VapBong for comparison but it's easily the most free flowing of the CH family and just gives you instant vapor.

The B2 is a different kind of beast. I need to open mine up and re-work the rubies because I'm getting a good hot spot on a portion of the bowl. Both my B1 and B2 currently have 3mm rubies installed. It hits harder than the VROD, that's for sure, but compared to the B1 I need to do more side by side testing (which completely crushes me) to see what I think of each. My tolerance has been climbing over the past week and these two are going to destroy it.
Exactly! Like I said, an issue I had with some pieces was that I needed to hold it or position it in a way, that I couldn't hold the glass, to then grab the cap off and remove the handle, unless I wanted to do grab the cap and handle with one hand, but I felt like that was risking burning myself. Now I only need to hold the glass and the handle.

Ed’s handle should not affect this washer/spacer’s ability to function as a stand for the shovelhead, yeah?
I don't have that washer, but I do have Ed's handle, and I can say from the pictures, that no, it wouldn't interfere with it.

thevapist

I snagged an Ed's handle and it doesn't fit my 2-3 year old flowerpot bowl thread. Goes in a tiny bit then stops. I compared it to their other handles/tools and it seems to be a different thread? Anyone else seeing this?

It does fit a newer flowerpot bowl I got about a year ago.

thevapist,

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I snagged an Ed's handle and it doesn't fit my 2-3 year old flowerpot bowl thread. Goes in a tiny bit then stops. I compared it to their other handles/tools and it seems to be a different thread? Anyone else seeing this?

Maybe not the same issue but still a threading issue is mentioned here, might be a ongoing issue and worth contacting CH about.

A couple Eds handles. The original one for my Shovelhead bowl has one or two threads on it. It wiggles and flops around. I have been using a small cup holder with 10-24 threads instead.

Going to send the handle back and see if they can add another thread or two.

David

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist

I have an 2.5 year old NewVape shovelhead and a CannabisHardware shovelhead from this year. The handles are NOT interchangeable.

bizwaxzion,

David Root

I don't think its an "Ongoing issue".
I think I got a goof, and I am a mechanic.
Threads should be at least as long as the bolt thick.
Math says I should have 4.5 threads, I have 2.
3/6" (.1875) Diameter. 24 threads per inch, .041 inches per thread, .1875/.041=4.573 threads.

This is not a big complaint.
How thick is the bowl where the threads are?

Can I ever get a Pan Head Bowl?
I am reading around page 179 where they are developing the bowl. I think its perfect.

Pan Head, Shovel Head, VRod.... I have 3 BMWs in my garage including a 21 R 18 First Edition with 10,000 miles on it I bought this spring. :)

David

B1 shows up tomorrow.

David Root,
Top Bottom