• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
this is less work and better results than dc. even with dc my halo always had a slight yellow tinge to it. way more work to turn on the Vrod to 280 wait for it to heat , using tons of qtips to swab the dish and you really can't clean that central glass ridge top under the nut, which is against the directions on the back (I'm such a rule breaker lol), then turn it off wait for it to cool remove the dish and rinse under running water, then reassemble. my way fill dish with powder, put in heatproof container, add boiling water and walk away, wait 30 minutes and its sparkling clean with no scrubbing.

that said I'm not sure I'd use it on my sic which is ceramic and more porous? my sic still looks new and doesn't bug me like the quartz. its also not something I plan on doing everyday either, just the occasional deep clean. from my brief research so far its made from baking soda and hydrogen peroxide? maybe in this instance Chemistry is our friend? I'm totally willing to hear why I'm wrong though.

Yung Coconut

this is less work and better results than dc. even with dc my halo always had a slight yellow tinge to it. way more work to turn on the Vrod to 280 wait for it to heat , using tons of qtips to swab the dish and you really can't clean that central glass ridge top under the nut, which is against the directions on the back (I'm such a rule breaker lol), then turn it off wait for it to cool remove the dish and rinse under running water, then reassemble. my way fill dish with powder, put in heatproof container, add boiling water and walk away, wait 30 minutes and its sparkling clean with no scrubbing.

that said I'm not sure I'd use it on my sic which is ceramic and more porous? my sic still looks new and doesn't bug me like the quartz. its also not something I plan on doing everyday either, just the occasional deep clean. from my brief research so far its made from baking soda and hydrogen peroxide? maybe in this instance Chemistry is our friend? I'm totally willing to hear why I'm wrong though.

Eh, what? You can just heat some DC in the microwave, drop the pieces you want to clean into it and then walk away. Whatever you're doing sounds super complicated... And it has never left a yellow tinge on anything I've cleaned with it either ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd honestly suggest not forcefully qtipping DC onto a hot and possibly porous material surface to start with. That could be why you saw yellow staining? Soaking it will get you better results.

Last edited:
Yung Coconut,

Bad Dog

this has bicarb in it :shrug:??? caustic yes, poisonous no. iso is poison. chlorine is caustic and poisonous but we put it in our pools? I've been using this to clean my thermos for the past year and have had no ill effects. it rinses away clean. glass is non absorbent. I scrubbed throughly under running water all over, I have no concern of residue. before trying this I just thought I had to live with that yellow tinge to the dish. I'm not suggesting everyone rush out buy it and try it but I'm going to investigate this some more........ if I suddenly stop posting you'll know why ☠️:lol:

tried dc microwaved and soaking, doesn't touch the film. tried microwaving the dc with the dish in it multiple times then leave to soak and it also doesn't get all the film. scrubbing while on the Vrod does the best job but again doesn't get everything and is labor intensive. it might be in part because it is a frosted dish? or maybe the live resin I use,? if your not carful and quick to clean up at higher temps it just evaporates away and doesn't leave dark oil in the bottom of the dish, just a yellow film which is very difficult to clean. I'm going to try something different this time like hash rosin and see what the upkeep on the dish is like?

Bad Dog,
Reactions: Summer

WelshBrok

I just put the whole vrod head in a little plastic pot of Dark Crystal and shake it. Possibly leave it to soak for a couple of days if I’m using other vapes and then rinse with hot water. Never had an issue but tbf I have the dnail SIC dish which will be much easier to clean than frosted quartz .

also update on the non-screen baller (are we calling it OG baller?), down to 560 on the controller and not always hitting it capped anymore :o. Even been hitting it through a jhook comfortably. I think the lower max temp but higher average temp of the air moving through the heater (now there’s less laminar flow) is opening up more possibilities for short dry glass vapour paths

Bad Dog

RE my investigation , after checking out astonish's website I could not find the cup clean listed? but I. think this is the same stuff?
Specifically says leaves no residue or smell. I set a email asking some questions, what makes it vegan? what are the compounds derived from? how sure are they of the claim of no residue? without any mentioning of dabbing obviously. I'm hoping they answer some of my questions. won't do this again until I look into it a little more.

Bad Dog,
Reactions: Planck

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
RE my investigation , after checking out astonish's website I could not find the cup clean listed? but I. think this is the same stuff?
Specifically says leaves no residue or smell. I set a email asking some questions, what makes it vegan? what are the compounds derived from? how sure are they of the claim of no residue? without any mentioning of dabbing obviously. I'm hoping they answer some of my questions. won't do this again until I look into it a little more.

I searched for the SDS info for “Clean and Revive”, only found one for “Clean Cup” (link below).
Maybe it was renamed at some point. Also take a look at the SDS for “Simple Green - Crystal”, to compare. Good luck.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Hi
this has bicarb in it :shrug:??? caustic yes, poisonous no. iso is poison. chlorine is caustic and poisonous but we put it in our pools? ?
Yep, aware chlorine etc are poisonous :brow: .
I was more alluding to the packaging refering to the contents being a poison and pure bicarb isn't. Each to there own if course but I was merely suggesting a potentially more environmentally friendly alternative.

Vaporware

what makes it vegan?

Vegan basically means that it doesn’t have any ingredients made from animal sources. I would have been surprised to find any in there, but labeling like that does help people who want to avoid animal products not have to go through the ingredients list on everything.

To make things more difficult, some things with the same names can be derived from animal or other sources, and if the packaging doesn’t tell you which you probably won’t know. Rennet for example can be made by microbes in a lab or in the intestines of animals, and both are still in use.

Bad Dog

I'm all for any suggestions and and discussion about this as I can't particularly see the harm in this application but I'm not closed minded enough to not think I could be wrong. I'm not encouraging anyone else to try but for me how good this stuff works is worth investigating. :sherlock:

maybe the first guy who used iso was thought to be crazy :lol::rofl: I admit I'm a bit bewitched by this product, it works like magic ! like one of those to good to be true product commercials, only this one is cheep and readily available and actually delivers. maybe this is a case of too good to be true, 1/2 a teaspoon of powder a 1/2 a cup of boiling water and 1/2 a hour............. come on! its freaking miraculous and saves so much time and labour. how could I not love this product ?

if you look on their site it says its vegan and vegetarian society approved ? I don't really know the differences between vegan and vegetarian , thought maybe vegan was more stringent like only plant and mineral derived products?

Vaporware

Vegetarian usually allows some animal products like milk, eggs, honey, etc. (basically no meat), but vegan normally means no animal products or byproducts of any kind. I think the term vegan was created to be more clearly defined.

Some people will even call themselves vegetarians and still eat fish or other things because in their minds they’re “not meat”, so I think it’s a useful distinction.

Yung Coconut

Vegetarian usually allows some animal products like milk, eggs, honey, etc. (basically no meat), but vegan normally means no animal products or byproducts of any kind. I think the term vegan was created to be more clearly defined.

Some people will even call themselves vegetarians and still eat fish or other things because in their minds they’re “not meat”, so I think it’s a useful distinction.

Vegetarians who eat fish are called pescetarians. I did that for like 10 years lol

Vaporware

Vegetarians who eat fish are called pescetarians. I did that for like 10 years lol

I know, but I’ve actually had people tell me they were vegetarian and then say that they eat fish and/or “seafood” or whatever.

I’ve also had a lot of people tell me that fish or certain other things were “not meat”. They have weird definitions. :lol:

Anyway, sorry for detailing the thread a bit, I know this isn’t what everyone’s coming to the CH thread to read!

To bring it back on topic I’ll add that I still use my VRod regularly, and while I’m sure I’d enjoy the BRod stuff I’d mostly be upgrading for fun. With a slow draw the VRod already delivers more vapor than I can handle! :freak:

Yung Coconut

I know, but I’ve actually had people tell me they were vegetarian and then say that they eat fish and/or “seafood” or whatever.

I’ve also had a lot of people tell me that fish or certain other things were “not meat”. They have weird definitions. :lol:

Anyway, sorry for detailing the thread a bit, I know this isn’t what everyone’s coming to the CH thread to read!

To bring it back on topic I’ll add that I still use my VRod regularly, and while I’m sure I’d enjoy the BRod stuff I’d mostly be upgrading for fun. With a slow draw the VRod already delivers more vapor than I can handle! :freak:

Yeah, I mostly did it for health reasons. Fish is good healthy protein and I just felt less horrible eating seafood than I did land based animals lol

As for the Baller... It now takes me something like 2-3 exhales after a big hit to clear my lungs of vapor. It's ridiculous and probably overkill!

SixStringToker

Naked member
This is my current favorite configuration:

It's currently packed with 3mm rubies. The intake diffuser is actually a small coin-sized piece that I lopped off of the bottom half of a Weedeater using a dremel. Performance is comparable to the dual-screen baller but with just a wee bit more resistance.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
B-1 received. Record fast shipping and they even caught my back to back stoney orders and refunded me shipping for one of them and combined my orders into one! Nice job CH.
893-CF97-B-210-D-43-CE-95-DD-2-BCD02-D0-B647.jpg

I’m currently undergoing a full basement remodel and my vape space is all but gone at the moment. Good things to come though.

I went with CHs 3mm rubies since I’ve been enjoying VGoodiez 3mm rubies in B-2 configuration. CH provide far more than enough rubies to fill the B-1. Im out and about at the moment but when I get home it’s on. I haven’t been in love with the WeedEater so Im curious as to where this will fall in the line up of CH offerings.

SixStringToker

Naked member
I have two favorite configurations so far.

#1 is a B-1 hybrid using the top piece from my Weedeater as well as a puck that I lopped off of the Weedeater's 18-hole diffuser (after adding an additional hole in the center) and thread down onto the balls to lock them in place. It's using 3mm rubies. Super-even extraction, great flavor, and the draw resistance is just about where I like it.

I want to try this with a convex and a concave bottom screen for comparison, but like the configuration so much that I really don't want to take it back apart.

[see video a few posts above]

#2 is basically a B-1 but I'm using one of my own Weedeater tops with a 3/4" screen screwed into it from the bottom. I've made both screens convex so that they bulge outward. This one is loaded with 2.5mm SiC balls with one fatty 12mm SiC ball sitting on the bottom screen (there's a ring of 2.5mm balls between it and the screen). This is a new config for me, but I'm loving it already. I get very even extraction all the way thru, even at the bottom edges of the bowl. Flavor *may* be slightly muted relative to #1, but I need to spend more time with it to be sure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom