Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I had a much easier time this morning holding the second bong in one hand operating the FP with the other while standing behind rather then off to the side like in the video.

someTooL

Love those glass bowls @Bad Dog. Have the 14 and 18 myself.

Ok. Final setup for me will be OG baller, 3mm Rubies packed between two 5/8 screens (only filling the chamber), topped with the sic dish and baller nut. Tried the sapphire dish and filling with rubies to the top but couldn’t see any difference in dish type and rubies to the top blocked too much air for me. All this n top of a glass bowl. Can smash a bowl or take about 3 gentleman’s hits at 632-652. Side to side even with little left on the cleanup if any. And of course, no cap…that’s for the d-cup.

Screened baller is whack also and like others have said, can really circulate the hot air. Not enough difference for me and the OG seems to fit my glass bowls much better (ymmv). I seem to get carried away using the screen baller on my drags too. It’ll go 55, but it’s a lot more fun to drive at 95…if ya know what I mean.

PID cover and maybe a safety stand, but that’s it, I’m done. Well maybe.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
$62... and that handle again looks worthy of a sub $10 product. Super disappointed. CH needs to ditch things they don't do well (wood) and stick to what they are good at.

Taking a hard pass for now.

Looks aside, I’d prefer WOOD to the metal short ones I got with my DCup, too HOT to hold in just seconds. I added silicone hose to the short handle. I use my carb caps in the vertical position. Many replace and use their own handles. Besides my DCup, I have a WeedEater, so as of now, I’m out of the BALLER game..... :(

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Deuce Cap looks good enough to me. Sick to my stomach I missed out. I’ve got two OG VRod caps and I’m happy they stuck with a similar design that has worked really well for me. The wood does look same old same old but…it’s something I can look past since it’s easy to remedy. I did see Ivy in Discord say she was working with some custom wood workers and other sources for wood so maybe something is on the horizon. The handle design appears to be ripe for customization.

I agree with @RustyOldNail the short Ti handles/dabbers are difficult to work with. The long Ti handle/dabber ones when sticking straight up could poke and eye out.:myday:

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
The handle does look pretty cheesy to me but I do like the fact that they added a hole to screw it into the side. That's the one thing I wish I had different with my old style V-Rod cap, although I've just removed the handle because I've been leaving the cap on all the time.

This is a pretty badass offering though even without the baller head as it should stay on the head a bit more securely then the universal carb cap.

Jacer

Okay so I really want to convert my VROD into a ball setup, my only question is does the screen baller work with the VROD? Or is it a separate head entirely? I haven't really been able to figure that one out.

Second, what is everyone's favorite setup with the BROD? Should I got for screen baller? OG baller? Etc.

Just trying to figure out what I need to order to get the best experience! Since I have the Halo by iDB now I want my VROD to just be a pure facemelter haha

DamnGentleman

Okay so I really want to convert my VROD into a ball setup, my only question is does the screen baller work with the VROD? Or is it a separate head entirely? I haven't really been able to figure that one out.

Second, what is everyone's favorite setup with the BROD? Should I got for screen baller? OG baller? Etc.

Both Ballers are a modified VROD diffuser. They thread onto the regular VROD top piece. I only have the Screen Baller so I can't compare, but it's a real improvement in power and performance.

Yung Coconut

Just trying to figure out what I need to order to get the best experience! Since I have the Halo by iDB now I want my VROD to just be a pure facemelter haha
You're going to need either one of the Baller head assemblies along with the Vrod Head Top. I'd honestly email their support and see if they can let you only order the Vrod Head Top along with the Baller to save some cash.

OG Baller or Screen Baller along with what size/type of pearls is total preference depending on what glass you're using and your draw speed. I prefer the added restriction of the OG Baller on my setup, but that is just me.

If you do the OG Baller I'd recommend a 15mm Ti Concave screen to throw in the bottom of the Baller. It stops pearls from sitting in the holes and makes the airflow less turbulent coming out of head. 4mm > 3mm pearls also.

Last edited:

EddIW

Might be bit of a long shot but can anyone confirm that the "silver plug" version of this flat coil will work with the old newvape PID pictured below. Just got my T-bucket today but ordered a new flat coil that doesn't work with my controller so had to order the one above. Also the above coil usually comes with this setup and controller that looks like my older newvape controller. So it should be ok right? Thanks

Current controller:
149968de0a3952548f1d2d8e3a350495.jpg

EddIW,
Reactions: BigJr48

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Might be bit of a long shot but can anyone confirm that the "silver plug" version of this flat coil will work with the old newvape PID pictured below. Just got my T-bucket today but ordered a new flat coil that doesn't work with my controller so had to order the one above. Also the above coil usually comes with this setup and controller that looks like my older newvape controller. So it should be ok right? Thanks

Current controller:
149968de0a3952548f1d2d8e3a350495.jpg
It all depends on the 5 pin connectors setup. I’d be really careful. Check at CH for their pin connections and check compatibility with that new coil pin connections. If + or - are swapped, you’ll be SOL 🤦🏽🥺, but if you’re good with electronics and soldering, it’ll be a piece of cake the swap.
It can be opposed pin connections and you’ll fry your coil. YMMV.
Stay vaped. Mantente de la mente!!!

Femmer15

I agree. I kind of feel like the Baller has the potential to replace the WeedEater not the VRod.
After owning the V-rod for over a year, I bought the weed eater just to see how it was to use. What a mistake; it was awful. It feels like there is close to zero heat retention with that thing. I wound up having to sip the vape like tea. Which is contrary to the entire idea of the FP in the first place.
I recently started using the baller screen setup w/2mm balls and a 2-holed-carb-cap for extra flow lost by the smaller quartz spheres. I really like the setup. It holds more heat than I can suck out of it. Just plows through flower at a consistent temp the whole way through.

Femmer15,
Reactions: Summer

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
After owning the V-rod for over a year, I bought the weed eater just to see how it was to use. What a mistake; it was awful. It feels like there is close to zero heat retention with that thing. I wound up having to sip the vape like tea. Which is contrary to the entire idea of the FP in the first place.
I recently started using the baller screen setup w/2mm balls and a 2-holed-carb-cap for extra flow lost by the smaller quartz spheres. I really like the setup. It holds more heat than I can suck out of it. Just plows through flower at a consistent temp the whole way through.

Did ya try just turning up the heat? Different setups require different coil temps to reach the same temp at the point when the air passes through the herb with the same air draw speed.

PharaohJ

Also curious at to what temp you were running your Weedeater at? I don't sip mine at all, I rip it just like a combustion rip. I also run it pretty damn hot (725 at the time of writing this).

PharaohJ,

EddIW

In my experience the carb cap is a necessity for the weedeater to get the hits I wanted with my draw speed.

EddIW,

Texus

Curious to hear how snug a fit folks have for their B-rod heater on the Shovel Head. I feel like I have a good deal of wiggle in my set up.

Also feeling that even with what should be an easy drawing MegaGlobe that the draw strength needed is a bit more than I'd like. Any other ideas other than these:
  • Switch from 3mm to 4mm balls
  • Get a screen for below the flower that is a les tight weave.
Yeah, I imagine some of this has been addressed before, but oof this is a 792 page thread....

Yung Coconut

Curious to hear how snug a fit folks have for their B-rod heater on the Shovel Head. I feel like I have a good deal of wiggle in my set up.

Also feeling that even with what should be an easy drawing MegaGlobe that the draw strength needed is a bit more than I'd like. Any other ideas other than these:
  • Switch from 3mm to 4mm balls
  • Get a screen for below the flower that is a les tight weave.
Yeah, I imagine some of this has been addressed before, but oof this is a 792 page thread....

There should be wiggle room if you ever want to separate the two immediately after use.

If you're using the OG Baller... I'd use a 15mm concave Ti screen on the bottom of the Baller to prevent pearls from sitting in the holes and improve airflow. And yes, I would definitely switch back to 4mm pearls. 3mm pearls lasted a single night in my setup... Miserable levels of restriction.

Yung Coconut,

Bad Dog

what is this? and will it clean my quartz halo?!?................
the answer? yes! very! it hasn't been this clean since I got it, wow and so easy!

edit: really should have taken a before picture, it was brown and black forgot to clean up fully after my last bubble hash session :doh: or turn it off when I was done 😫 so it was in bad shape.

Last edited:
Bad Dog,
Reactions: Shrike

Bad Dog

what solution was it?
first I should say this my not be safe? but I'm something of a risk taker :lol:. its vegan and non poisonous ........... how can I go wrong ?:rofl: recently had a dab, taste was amazing ! and I'm not dead? for now?............. I tasted no strange flavours, saw nothing coming off the dish and noticed no colour change after it was heat soaked. seemed ok? dab of bubble hash was delicious , don't feel anything weird? just my normal high. so I'll probably use it again unless someone tells me ive got 5 minutes to live or something.

proceed with caution!

Top Bottom