Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
ball vapes offer a different experience and signature then regulated vapes. with ball vapes the hit just gets hotter and hotter, not plateauing or cooling off.

Okay, that response just confuses me, so please forgive me if my questions sound stupid.

How are they not regulated? You still use the tame temp controller, which regulates the temp, right? I've been reading everything here about adding balls to these vapes since it became popular, but I've never heard the claim that the balls somehow turn ANY regulated vape it into a non-regulated vape.

And you're saying it just gets hotter and hotter, never plateauing? How is that possible? How could it get hotter than the coil that is regulated by the temp controller? I would think it would plateau there at most. If not, that seems like it would be breaking laws of physics, not plateauing at the temp of the coil.

Am I seriously missing something here?

Last edited:
Ramahs,
Reactions: Shrike

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
my phrasing was in correct as it is technically regulated but ball vapes kinda fall in their own grouping. with a stock Vrod when you hit it your inhaling the heat off it and the coil compensates to a degree and you maintain a approximate temp. with a ball vape because of the restriction and surface area of the heat source you never really deplete the heat, it just keeps coming but will max out toward the end if you can take a big enough hit.

WelshBrok

I’m now down to 545 on the controller with the og baller (3mm rubies and 4x 4mm rubies) capping to finish the bowl, so it’s definitely a more efficient heater than stock (was at 580-600 always capped with rev1 vrod).

In addition to greater surface area in the heater, the baller also reduces this (thanks supreme website):
5a6694ce5baf41b14784042300cf270f

Pictured above is a cross section view showing laminar flowing streamlines inside a red colored heating element tube where streamlines are represented by small dots (red and blue) moving in a laminar direction INTO your computer screen. If a streamline makes contact with the heating element it is colored red, if a streamline never touches the heating element it is colored blue.

So the stock heater would have a higher max temp (outer ring touching the heater) to achieve the same average temp (what you are actually aiming for across the material). Also a faster draw means more air not touching the heater while the air that does scavenges heat = not as hot air at the material and wispier hits.

648636c0af259f498e86d07c1d4a545b

Baller is much less uniform but same premise. Also thanks supreme website :lol:

By reducing this effect the baller would have a lower max temp to achieve the same average temp across a greater draw strength range which presumably would have the same benefits as lower temp vaping (while still finishing the bowl). Downside being added draw resistance (which I actually prefer)

Also probably unnoticeable in real world but theoretically more draw resistance at the heater = very slightly lower pressure at bowl = very slightly lower boiling points

Tl;dr necessary upgrade no, worth upgrading if you don’t mind additional draw resistance :tup:

Last edited:

PharaohJ

Awesome that Cannabis Hardware came out with a version for the Weedeater so fast! Def going to pick this up in the near future. It's not a necessary upgrade, but I like the option. It's an extra cash type of purchase to me which is just fine!

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I spent the weekend with the B-1 configuration.
633E1D5D-2337-48D0-A329-47E5268B6E92.jpeg I ran quite a bit through it. My state is legal now and this time of year the harvests of friends begin to come in. How bout some outdoor Ak47 and Animal cookies. Yum. I grew my legal limit indoors this year and am very pleased with the finished product. Stinky, sticky, very potent Motor Breath. This stuff vapes like a dream. D5BF3702-C189-4FAF-8FE6-2C0E0069B255.jpeg
Anyhow, back to the relevant. The B-1 is a animal. At 570 and full of 3mm rubies it milks up fast and thick and rips through big and small bowls.

I wasn’t a fan of the WeedEater and I love the B-1. Major improvement. With owning a DCup I think I could justify only having a B-1 and no B-2 or VRod. If I want to twax I could hit the DCup and B-1 through a two way adapter😂

I preferred the Vrod for flower because it could run at lower temps. The B-1 is definitely going to satisfy the flower only user. I think the B-1 might be running hotter than my B-2 configuration at the same temperature. It does run hotter in the center but I think it’s because of my adapter post position on the ShovelHead. I’ve always been fine with a bit of stirring. With the extra heat towards the center of the bowl it’s fun ripping little .02g personals.

It’s seem to me that the B-2 could maybe go away on the basis that the VRod is better equipped for twaxing. I just can’t get down with dabbing through all those balls in the B-2 configuration.

Boy this Motor Breath makes you chatty.

waxdab23

What is the B-1?

I've had the vrod for years now, and recently picked up the baller head, baller nut and some ruby pearls from vgoodiez. I replaced by vrod top with the baller head, filled it with the 3mm ruby pearls and replaced the original vrod nut with the baller nut. Definitely notice an improvement in evenness, vapor production and possibly flavor. But my assembly as described above looks nothing like the pics I'm seeing so feel like I'm missing out on something lol. Am I using the baller head as intended or is there something wrong here?

Also - where are you guys getting glass bowls these days? I can't find any.

And finally, can anyone recommend a glass upgrade - I have the saml glass 34.5 from popular glass on dhgate that I've been using for years but looking for something bigger, heavier hitter.

Thanks in advance.

someTooL

Thank you @The Stray Fox for the testing updates. Care to share an underneath picture of the b1 head?

I broke my personal promise and tested 4mm rubies over the weekend. Well, that and then a combination of 3 & 4. Tonight it’s back to OG Baller with 3mm rubies. Still cannot fill the “chimney” with beads as every setup I’ve tried it reduces performance.

My best performance comes from filling just the baller and capping that section with a screen. I imagine that’s the same as the b1 top.

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
What is the B-1?

I've had the vrod for years now, and recently picked up the baller head, baller nut and some ruby pearls from vgoodiez. I replaced by vrod top with the baller head, filled it with the 3mm ruby pearls and replaced the original vrod nut with the baller nut. Definitely notice an improvement in evenness, vapor production and possibly flavor. But my assembly as described above looks nothing like the pics I'm seeing so feel like I'm missing out on something lol. Am I using the baller head as intended or is there something wrong here?

Also - where are you guys getting glass bowls these days? I can't find any.

And finally, can anyone recommend a glass upgrade - I have the saml glass 34.5 from popular glass on dhgate that I've been using for years but looking for something bigger, heavier hitter.

Thanks in advance.

To answer at least once question the B-1 is the new Weed-Eater baller head.

https://www.cannabishardware.com/collections/flowerpot-vaporizer/products/flowerpot-b1-head-assembly

It doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong, maybe just using one of the different versions then the particular pics you are looking at.

I imagine most people like me got their glass bowls from CH at some point but they are not available at the moment due to various issues CH has had sourcing them.

Zow237

If i have a weedeater already, do i have to buy the diffuser too with the b1? Never mind I figured it out. dang with I didnt buy a weedeater recently :(

Zow237,

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Friday! It’s been a great week with the B-1 and I haven’t been able to put it down. My Dyna collection is even looking at me like WTF. I’ve got it on a coil without a handle and it just feel so elegant, small, light, and powerful. Think small sports car, powerful engine. To night though, I’m going into the evening with the OG Vrod.4336C434-6B49-4B12-A638-3DE559FD6CAC.jpeg Since growing in my state is legal now I find the need to experiment with pressing Rosin. My recent harvest of Motor Breath is a perfect candidate for high yield pressing. I haven’t purchased a press yet. This was squished in my wife’s hair straightener 🤫 without a filter bag.😬93F77EE4-632C-4DC6-A21D-7CF05986CD54.jpeg
F6F90429-6084-43BF-A2E8-316801C15CEE.jpegThe OG VRod is still my go to for taking small dabs. I just can’t bring myself to dab through the balls on my B-2s.

Last edited:

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
This B-1 head is looking mighty tempting to me once I get some funds together. I love the small form factor of it, would be a great candidate for a little wooden handle. Speaking of which (I literally saw it right after first posting) CH has a cute little wood handle for sell on the site from Ed's TNT, very cool :spliff:

Top Bottom