Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I put up a video comparing the Baller Head with the V-rod and modded B-rod
I also included the DC Elev8r for extra fun.
Wayy too hot for youtube though, so it's only on my website right now

There is an issue with your video. Here's what I see when I click on your link:
Screen-Shot-2021-09-17-at-9-21-43-PM.png

Ramahs,

waxdab23

A little confused about the new baller head. I've been using the v-rod for as long as a I can remember now - daily driver. Is the baller head something I can add to the top of the vrod assembly in order to get more even and efficient cooking? If so, do I need to get balls separately? Which material balls are most of you guys using?

Ernielicous

A little confused about the new baller head. I've been using the v-rod for as long as a I can remember now - daily driver. Is the baller head something I can add to the top of the vrod assembly in order to get more even and efficient cooking? If so, do I need to get balls separately? Which material balls are most of you guys using?
I think its the bottom part thats different. So you would be able to integrate it with your current vrod coil and top (sic dish) i think the balls you'd have to get then separate. Vgoodiez has boro and ruby for like 15$ probably the ones im going to experiment with when it arrives later today

snackmaster

Like @Ernielicous said you'd use the baller with your current coil and vrod top. CH has 4mm quartz balls which are fine, but I like the 3mm rubies from vgoodiez more. I put a 5/8 screen under the rubies so they wouldn't block the air holes. Vgoodiez also has 3mm boro balls for even cheaper.

SixStringToker

Naked member
vapour from dabbing might stick to the balls and burn possibly ? troys Brod was full of burnt reclaim
Probably depends on what gets put thru it; that same potential is there with the regular v-rod head, it's just more exaggerated with the extra surface area of the balls. I was doing live rosin and shatter over the weekend and the balls still rattle around inside the head. How clean they are remains to be seen, but I've noticed no degradation in vapor or flavor. If I have to clean my balls a little more often, I can live with that.

crownroyaldaddy

I havent been in this thread in a long time. I see theres been a name change

I dont use my desktops often, but still have my OG Flowerpot with showerhead bowl. I dont usually use concentrates

Should I be upgrading to weedeater or this baller bowl?

cvs8floz

I havent been in this thread in a long time. I see theres been a name change

I dont use my desktops often, but still have my OG Flowerpot with showerhead bowl. I dont usually use concentrates

Should I be upgrading to weedeater or this baller bowl?
I have both the OG Showerhead and Weedeater, 2 complete systems with different carb caps. I'd say the difference in performance with dry herb is negligible. The kind of carb cap you use makes the biggest difference, try to stay away from the carb caps with only 1 hole, they are too restrictive. I prefer the glass disc carb cap from China that I have recommended here before.

Vaporware

I only have caps with 1 hole (ShowerHead and VRod) so I can’t compare them to multi-hole versions, but the 1 hole caps work for me. I usually use my FPs uncapped or just cap early on to get vapor going faster and then pull them off, but I’ve experimented with leaving them on too.

I’m sure the glass you’re using also makes a noticeable difference, and I’d bet that a multi-holed version would be nicer overall if you keep the cap on more, but for anyone who already has a 1 hole cap or thinks they’d prefer it, my opinion is that they work well too as long as you’re okay with the level of restriction in the airflow.

I am a little curious to try a multi-holed cap now though… :lol:

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
because I'm weak I've ordered the baller head...... couldnt resist.
Urbanistic in UK are suppliers. I noticed they have sapphire dcup dishes (wish Id ordered from here to save postage and customs) also.
not sure if they supply EU but as I have my best buddy coming over in a couple of weeks he is bringing it over.

someTooL

That missing top plate of the head must have been heavy.

Excited to try my new baller but the weight is dramatically different. 32 grams vs 19 grams for the new baller.

The holes at the bottom are more narrow also, tighter and less circumference. Seems to fit just a tad tighter on my v2 glass bowls too (good thing).

That’s the visual observations…now the fun begins.

Edit - Really impressed with initial results. Lowered power from 632 to 612. Used 5/8 screens instead of the 3/4. The 5/8 fits perfectly top and bottom (I only filled the baller piece with 3mm Rubies). Good tight fit. Pulling hard or soft has no impact now, both temp and abv. Nice and even side to side. Before, if I pulled too hard the middle would dark spot.

Last edited:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
192 3mm balls to fill up the Baller Head. I bought two bags of ruby balls from VGoodiez and have 5 balls left over. I’ve been using 3mm quartz balls and wanted something to compare them to. I’m still at 575 and not noticing much difference. I did find a significant difference going from 4mm down to 3mm. I think I’d like to try 3mm Ti balls next. ED689E5B-3DF5-4B45-8453-AE153895E433.jpeg

192 3mm balls to fill up the Baller Head. I bought two bags of ruby balls from VGoodiez and have 5 balls left over. I’ve been using 3mm quartz balls and wanted something to compare them to. I’m still at 575 and not noticing much difference. I did find a significant difference going from 4mm down to 3mm. I think I’d like to try 3mm Ti balls next. View attachment 13593
what are differences youre finding between 4mm and 3mm?

Top Bottom