Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

WelshBrok

Terp pearls definitely get things moving. I've only tried using one at a time but I do have multiple to play with. The downside is they are splashy, put a lot more material up on the cap and down the hole. I've been lifting and turning the cap instead of spinning it for now, but I may go back to playing with the pearls. If you don't have any pearls it's probably not worth picking up IMHO (and the opinions of some respected people here I should have listened to). They can still be useful for other things so not the worst pickup to play with, but dubious value overall.

Well I disagree with everyone else saying the powder is black, in my case it very clearly has that dull grey color of powdered titanium (google image search powdered titanium). Maybe the internet has failed me, but AFAIK the hardness scale to use for abrasion/scratching is mohs, silicon carbide is 9-10 (similar to diamond) and pure Ti is 6 (way softer). Also silicon carbide is a common used commercial Ti abrasive/polishing material (including for much harder Ti alloys), which is kind of exactly what we are doing here, grinding Ti on SiC. IMHO this would be very easy for you to test, you've got brand new and cleaned dishes and caps in stock, go grab a pair and grind em up on each other then ISO qtip wipe em, see what you get.
From all my knowledge of materials science (which admittedly is quite layman's) and personal experimentation, I can't help but conclude it's Ti dust. I can repeat this over and over with the same results, level of dish cleanliness does not seem to be a factor to me.

I'm pretty sure the dish has a bevel on the inside edge from the factory which I think is what you are seeing, I don't think it's SiC residue, see above. If you clean your dish and cap really well with ISO qtips so that no residue shows, then spin the cap on dish for a bit while cold, qtip it and can you look at the residue under a good light and tell me if it looks black or grey to you? I see the dull grey of Ti every time but maybe it's all in my head. I have the same observation re: amber residue for actual dab cleanup, and no dark dish edge residue if I don't spin the cap.
I’ve just tried this as my vrods been in dc clear for a week so its fully clean and I don’t get any dust at all (was literally trying to grind the cap into the dish for 5-6 minutes). Out of interest are you using the d-nail sic dish or the newvape one (I have the D-nail)?

edit: *tried cold grinding the cap into the dish

edit 2 :lol:: just to add I have the rev1 vrod with the d-nail sic dish and a 2 hole angled vrod cap

final edit: just read back that you were seeing this with the universal carb cap, which I don’t have to test unfortunately. It’s literally the only FP related on I don’t have :lol:. Got the old universal ti one, multiple different ss showerhead ones, the ss wrap around one, a single hole non-angled vrod one and the 2 hole Angled vrod cap.

Last edited:

someTooL

I have the NV equipment from 9/20 and have noticed the residue also. Not really been a concern. Have a sapphire Dnail dish that I’m going to swap out and try a few spins to see if any changes during wipe down.

Moving on, how many here let your load heat soak for around 20 seconds? I’ve been experimenting with micro doses (didn’t want to combust a huge load lol) with very noticeable positive effects. One hit and done, no stir, great taste, and a much stronger head high. A little conduction/convection seems to fit my liking.

Last edited:

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Hello Flowerpot family. We’ve decided to change our name from NewVape to Cannabis Hardware to better reflect our products, and our company's direction. The name NewVape has served us well for 11 years but it's time to separate ourselves from the stigma associated with the vape industry. Although our name has changed; our products, quality, and passion will remain the same. All of our products ship in discrete packages from our Custom Instruments facility. We have had to remove all branding material, instructions sheets, and literature from our packages. Please refer to our website for any product instructions and documentation. Thank you, we appreciate your patience and continued support through this transition. Below is a Flowerpot giveaway we are running on reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/m1wpdq

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
But why spin the carb cap when it's already been designed with angled air holes to spin pearls and dabs without moving it?
New users are bound to spin. They saw it in a video somewhere. I find pearls to be to messy. The universal carb only has one hole and with out the pearls I find it just pushes oil to one side of the SiC dish. I use an older 4 hole cap and still like to spin even if it is unnecessary. What can I say, I’m a spinner?

@somethingcool I think you have a legitimate health concern that fortunately is easily remedied by water filtering your vapor. I am a huge fan of NV and plan on using there vapes for hopefully a long time to come and in no way would a little Ti dust stop me from using them. Love me some NV!

Here are some pics to back up my experience. This pic shows the ring my ShovelHead bowl post makes on my ground glass joint. 8542D674-F4D1-4D72-88F3-66EB3EF371A4.jpeg
Here you can see where my SiC dish is wearing a circle around the outer edge of my 4 hole carb cap. The SiC dish is smoothing away the milling tool marks on the carb.
8E3220A1-99CB-4DAF-A899-C6A7446149A3.jpeg
Here you can see manufacturing marks on the SiC dish where it contacts the carb cap. Those marks are definitely adding some friction.
F7468290-0D95-44C1-BD27-7B68A17F39C0.jpeg

@invertedisdead not trying to drag you into this. I know I’m preaching to the choir with you. Appreciate you and all you contribute. @somethingcool welcome to FC and the NV family. I hope you decide to stick around for awhile.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
🤬......😤......... 🤬 hot dam is it nice to have my heaviest hitter back after being down for a few months!!!!!!! She is just as lovely as I remember and hits as hard as ever 🤯 been using it every night for the last week or so and this vape still has lessons to teach me 😱 while she was down I was seduced by temp stepping portables and many of the things I once looked for in a session have changed 🤔 would I still love my Weedeater the same?!? Short answer yes, long answer yes and with no but. The question was how do I use my Weedeater with my now changed habits? Monkeying with the pid is slow and unappealing for a guy who has gotten use to a vape that is ready in 10 seconds and temp steps just as or faster. Then I realized that controlling the temperature in the bowl was simple, just start with smaller hits and the temperature of the bowl won’t max out. I’ve become burned out on these monster cloud hits and I’m finding I’m enjoying the vaping more slowing down my session and the smaller multiple hits get me higher. Most nights I stick with this poor mans temp stepping but some nights are about that lung explosion, throat scratching, barely containable hit, like tonight lol 😝 this vape is still just as enchanting as when I first got it and has no trouble delivering a session I’m happy with. Tonight Headstash from BrokenCoast in a extreme q basket screen

1255FBA5-6893-4CC7-81DC-5AE3EA90528F.jpeg

Is it normal to have some tiny dings on my Vrod?
I think so, at least mine did. Looks like tooling marks, they are fairly handmade after all, and pure Ti is kind of soft.
I’ve just tried this as my vrods been in dc clear for a week so its fully clean and I don’t get any dust at all (was literally trying to grind the cap into the dish for 5-6 minutes). Out of interest are you using the d-nail sic dish or the newvape one (I have the D-nail)?
Newvape dish. I think it may be more obvious with the universal cap as it rides along the inside edge of the dish, a quite small contact area
New users are bound to spin. They saw it in a video somewhere. I find pearls to be to messy. The universal carb only has one hole and with out the pearls I find it just pushes oil to one side of the SiC dish. I use an older 4 hole cap and still like to spin even if it is unnecessary. What can I say, I’m a spinner?

@somethingcool I think you have a legitimate health concern that fortunately is easily remedied by water filtering your vapor. I am a huge fan of NV and plan on using there vapes for hopefully a long time to come and in no way would a little Ti dust stop me from using them. Love me some NV!
@invertedisdead not trying to drag you into this. I know I’m preaching to the choir with you. Appreciate you and all you contribute. @somethingcool welcome to FC and the NV family. I hope you decide to stick around for awhile.
Thanks for the confirmation, was kind of worried I would be casually dismissed like previous people were. I always water filter and I'm frankly personally unconcerned about the potential health effects of this. I was more interested in confirming my theory of what was happening and raising awareness of the effects of spinning; for people that may be concerned or just confused as to wtf this residue is.

I also agree that a noob (guilty as charged) still sees lots of spinning advice when learning; and considering that I've felt from the get go the universal carb cap was overpriced with not that great functionality (it was the only NewVape/Cannabis Hardware purchase I was not amazed with) I'm now thinking about grabbing a different carb cap. @SeymourButtz posted a few pages back about the Dnail Vroom, are you still in love with it Mr Buttz? I like the design and they are a local company for me...

@delta hotel This is the stereo matrix I'm using, quite happy with the quality. I fill to just below the little arm that connect the downstem with the body, about even with the top of the matrix. https://www.dhgate.com/product/advance-booking-2015-new-high-quality-glass/218127444.html

Last edited:

Vapefanatic

Have not been using my Tafee Bowle for a while. I found an unvaped bowl/ pod but really didn't wanna fire up the Bowle. I found that it fits perfectly into the shovelhead bowl. Acts as a perfect ceramic microdosing insert. Works really well too. No stirring needed. Am also really preferring my old ceramic carb cab over any other i have.
5DA48B52-C11F-4AE7-A891-D42121FADB6F.jpeg
0296F61B-5E0F-453F-ADFA-51D79A8EF229.jpeg

Hey all, long time lurker finally decided to make an account. Finally got my v-rod Tuesday been drooling over all the beautifully machined parts for over a year! Still trying to get the hang of it and produce some big clouds but the effects are definitely there! Haha I've read about half this thread so thanks for all the info I've learned so far, can't wait to get more acquainted with this vape and fourm!

someTooL

Welcome @Thegoddamndevil !

~6 months with mine. It’s a fun device to experiment with for sure. So many variables to try...and so far none have disappointed. Really good contributions given here.

With that said. @RustyOldNail i finally broke down and bought a gallon of SG Crystal after reading your recommendations. Magic juice I say! I had a drop down that WAS trashed. Spotless now. Sapphire dish is now revived too :)

~6 months with mine. It’s a fun device to experiment with for sure. So many variables to try...and so far none have disappointed. Really good contributions given here.
Agreed many variables I've mostly kept it under 700 going to try mid 700's tonight!

Thegoddamndevil,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Welcome @Thegoddamndevil !

With that said. @RustyOldNail i finally broke down and bought a gallon of SG Crystal after reading your recommendations. Magic juice I say! I had a drop down that WAS trashed. Spotless now. Sapphire dish is now revived too :)

SG CRYSTAL works best when warmed up, I use a coffee cup heater with small resealable glass jar for small parts, as if not to cruddy, the SG is reusable, save a few bucks over time.

RustyOldNail,

Bad Dog

Have not been using my Tafee Bowle for a while. I found an unvaped bowl/ pod but really didn't wanna fire up the Bowle. I found that it fits perfectly into the shovelhead bowl. Acts as a perfect ceramic microdosing insert. Works really well too. No stirring needed.
Just tried your Bowle/shovelhead hack, works wonderful and since you can adjust the screen in the pot you can put tiny loads so close to the heater! A micro doser dream come true thanks and now I have a reason to use that bowl instead of always the glass.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Just tried your Bowle/shovelhead hack, works wonderful and since you can adjust the screen in the pot you can put tiny loads so close to the heater! A micro doser dream come true thanks and now I have a reason to use that bowl instead of always the glass.
This is right up my alley. Does it stay put or fall out when you dump?

delta hotel

Count me as another interested in the ceramic insert. Doesn't look like you can buy just that on the Bowle website though. I'm also a little interested in a different carb cap, one that maybe fits OVER instead of just ON TOP like the NV universal carb cap. I do appreciate that it fits the Auber stand though.

I also discovered last night how to tighten down the arm on the shovelhead bowl after 2 months. I often just left the bowl on and let off the suction easy, and it wouldn't send abv dust everywhere. Part of the reason I did this was because half the time, pulling the bowl up out, the little arm would come loose and cause the bowl to just topple and spill, I could tighten it down but it always worked loose. Last night I put a small screwdriver through the hole and it let me get just enough on it to crank it a little bit more, but not too much, and now it's sturdy and doesn't come out on me. I also do this though because I've usually pulled the cap and the VROD head off and sometimes have those in my hand still and grabbing the bowl is just another thing to hold or grab. Maybe I'm just lazy, but the heat post stand is at the back corner of my desk and it's easier to just pull it all off and hold it until I finish the hit than it is to reach over across myself to the other side of the desk during the pull.

Last edited:
delta hotel,

Bad Dog

This is right up my alley. Does it stay put or fall out when you dump?
It falls out so no using your debowler but the size is as big as it can be and do so, there's pretty much no airflow around the circumference. Avb is slightly lighter where it touched the ceramic but no where near as light as my glass bowl. If you go to Tafée's site you'll see the potter's, one metal one plastic, it comes with 4 of the ceramic pots, the potter is just a grinder that fills the pots automatically (if you use the right amount, I never seem to)

Hey guys! Been eying off the Flowerpot for a while now and really want to pull the trigger and purchase. Does anyone know if cannabishardware are likely to have a 4/20 sale in April?

lemonSkunkie,
Reactions: LAWTHEONE

WelshBrok

:hmm:
💯‼️
For those of us not on insta, what was this (if you don’t mind)?

Hey guys! Been eying off the Flowerpot for a while now and really want to pull the trigger and purchase. Does anyone know if cannabishardware are likely to have a 4/20 sale in April?
they usually do I think (although it’s been a while since I’ve ordered direct)

Actually came back here just to express coming from the U.K. how mindblowing it is that “Cannabis Hardware” is a more acceptable name than Newvape. Would have thought the opposite would have been the case here 🤯

someTooL

Not part of the branding team and I’m sure a ton of thought process went into the rebranding, but yes, might as well called the company “Feds Look Here”. All love here and support.

Yes, historically 4/20 has been a sale. This year we may have to drive to FL to pick up the purchase if the carriers enforce the new regulations. I was hoping for a “Just in case” early offering but those days are dwindling quickly.

someTooL,
Top Bottom