Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
I need more clarification because I'm looking at the chart below and it doesn't match with what's being said here. If we can get some clarification I'd love that as I just got a WE and I really want it to look blueish purple gold perhaps that oil slick color. I've been vaping at 550F-810F it's now a goldish color I just need the blue and purple next!

If perhaps @NewVape710 or @newvape918 someone can chime in I'd love to learn more about how I can operate my WE within a certain range to get the desired color. I'm using the RDK 300 Controller. Again I'm looking for a deep purple violet,blue, and gold. I've seen the "oil slick" look and that would be ideal! Any help is appreciated! Been vaping at 550F-810F if this helps any!
My WeedEater was already been through a purplish color before arriving to this blue.
Same as the OG 2018 VROD, you can still see some purple on the top and bottom
22455F1C-6C90-401F-B47D-5E76073DB5FC.jpeg

I never went above 666F in my WeedEater, to achieve this color.
And it’s of heavy usage.
I’ve had the WeedEater since late 2018 I believe.
I need to recheck.
I keep the WE and SH ON 24/7 for months.
OG 2018 VROD was ON for almost an year non stop too.
I’ve never torch/heat treatednor electric anodized like some people did to theirs.
5B7DEEB6-CA1B-4E1D-9DA9-18464489EE1F.jpeg

I’m talking about leaving it ON for large amount of hours.
My setups are ON 24/7 for long periods of time.

And this happened when I left the “already blue WE” for a prolonged time at 888F.
It was at that temperature for hours.
I believe I was trying to clean off some residue and trying to reach a deeper blue 🤦🏽
Now it looks a pale silver grey.
It’s so so bad now, compared to the nice blue it was.
Lesson learnt.
F4642C32-6DD2-44D8-9083-F7D38DD66513.jpeg

goatgobaahh

It still looks excellent! I haven't seen too many others I think I saw @RedEyeFlightControl 's but that's not too specific regarding heat turning the Ti a certain color.

I just turned the standby off and I'll keep everything below 666 for longer periods of time. I do enjoy going up in temps for short periods and microdosing. Thank you for the lovely pictures, I know you're upset about the silver but I think it looks badass!

So far 575 is a great temp but my herb sticks to the bowl. 630 is very nice and 710 microdosing will send you to the moon.

ComradeDelter

I got my WE last week and have been taking photos of how the colour change is progressing every morning before I turn it on. The diffuser has already turned a nice blue but the nut and lower part are a golden straw colour just starting to see some purple. Come tomorrow I'll have had it for a week so I'll post a 1 week before/after maybe.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I need more clarification because I'm looking at the chart below and it doesn't match with what's being said here. If we can get some clarification I'd love that as I just got a WE and I really want it to look blueish purple gold perhaps that oil slick color. I've been vaping at 550F-810F it's now a goldish color I just need the blue and purple next!

If perhaps @NewVape710 or @newvape918 someone can chime in I'd love to learn more about how I can operate my WE within a certain range to get the desired color. I'm using the RDK 300 Controller. Again I'm looking for a deep purple violet,blue, and gold. I've seen the "oil slick" look and that would be ideal! Any help is appreciated! Been vaping at 550F-810F if this helps any!
I think this is a bit of a backwards approach. Most of the awesome heads out there were achieved with extended and repeated use. The WE will change more quickly than the VRod. At 635 the center of my WE was deep purple within a week. I’m 9 months in using my VRod at 595 and it is very slowly turning a Deep purple and gold. It’s on every day for at least 6 hours. My advice would be, find a temp that works and stick with it. The transformation with happen. If you force it you might not like the results as much. If it’s forced color you want maybe look at anodizing your head. @RedEyeFlightControl did some awesome work awhile back.

edit: damn y’all up early today. I like it.

arb

Semi shaved ape

Titanium oxidation chart colors.
Color chart_1.jpg

SixStringToker

Naked member
If it’s forced color you want maybe look at anodizing your head.
A lot of people don't realize just how easy this is to do at home with easy-to-acquire supplies. The only potentially expensive component would be the power supply, but you can actually replace that with stacked batteries.

More advanced, but still "doable" at home:

Steel28

Any reviews/thoughts on the new glass bubbler from Grav Lab shown on NV site? Which one would you choose, existing one included in their top package or the new bubbler?

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Any reviews/thoughts on the new glass bubbler from Grav Lab shown on NV site? Which one would you choose, existing one included in their top package or the new bubbler?

I can’t speak for the Grav, but I own:
14mm Female 9.5" Bent Neck Super Slit Diffuser (9385)

This is made by TAG, I bought it a year ago with all my NV gear. Since then I’ve bought a few different types but this one is still my go to. TAG was ought of stock, China issues, but they recently had a clear one with sandblasted logo, less expensive then the NV listed. But I don’t like logos, so I bought it again at the last NV sale, to have in case I break the first one. I originally paid $80, it’s now $120 with no sale. Great airflow, easy to clean, no gimmicks.

SixStringToker

Naked member
I just watched a couple of videos on YouTube with that piece. 'Pretty interesting! I like the way it looks, too; like a fat water bottle with an oversized Upline Taster stabbed into the top.

SixStringToker,
Reactions: Steel28

thevapist

Hi guys. Playing with my new tbucket but I wanted to let you know my replacement sic dish came in from ThickAssGlass. Quick shipping thanks!

Go ahead and grab one if you need an extra ... fits perfectly! Score :)

Ah, I thought it would fit the VROD. Looks like VROD dish is 28mm and that one is 28.5?

As for making the Ti change colors, I have had the VROD on @ 650-690 for almost 2 years and it's a deep purple on the head and golden on the lower parts. It hasn't changed much after the first year.

thevapist,
Reactions: tb42091

Dingleb3rry

I don’t want to give any measurements bc I don’t have any calipers handy. The replacement is stated to be 28.5mm. Actual measurement, I can’t tell you. I can tell you it fits perfectly — the link shows some pictures I took of it screwed onto my vrod. It’s perfect, and was like $15 if I recall correctly.

Dingleb3rry

Sorry to double up, but @thevapist I came across the sic dish at vgoodies, that can be seen here, it’s not letting me link directly... idk:

Anyways you’ll see where some of the confusion comes from. The dishes are and have always been called “28mm” but it looks like the outset diameter is, apparently , 28.55 mm... hope this helps. Again, thick ass glass **does fit** and for half the price :)

thevapist

Awesome, thank you for clarifying! I hope it fits better than the last one I got from NV. It is way off from spec and the carb cap wobbles so much compared to my original. It's always falling off when moving the head around :(

EDIT: Wow, TAG doesn't ship to my state anymore apparently. Makes no sense as we're MMJ.

https://www.reddit.com/r/trees/comments/crc5ue
Forgot about this. Fuck.

Last edited:

Gigsabits53

I have purchased several items from TAG. I did notice they were shut down for a while too. Never investigated why.
Something is fishy about all that. I will say, I have never had an issue with them.

Gigsabits53,

Zangano Cruel

They changed dishes a long time ago.
When NV had “supply issues”, they stopped buying from a “known” inserts/and more crapola gadgets maker, to outsource “directly from source”
“$#€%*-Nail” were perhaps too expensive.
They were 28mm OD circumference.
After 2018-9 VROD “wrenched” 🔧 1st Revision VROD, dish base at VROD top nut, went from 28mm to 28.5mm.
Old 2018 “mofo-Nail” 28mm Sic dish will fit new 2019 VROD wrenched revised head, but 28.5mm new SiC wouldn’t fit old 2018 VROD head.
That was the talk around 2 years ago.
Old news 📰, probably new news for everyone else, since nobody reads nowadays 🤦🏽😂😂🤣🤣
Answer me fast, I don’t read, I’m a spoiled brat tell me right now generation 🤦🏽🤦🏽😂😂 at its MAX!!!
And here I am, making friends as usual!!! Jajajajajaja mmmmbuuuuaaa 😈😈😈
Stay vaped.
Mantente de la mente!!!

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
I'm testing something new today. A milwaukee battery powered flowerpot. 3d printed for now. The heatpost on top of the box didn't work to well with the soft PLA. I will report back with on times. My engineer told me he got 45 min on the 20mm coil at 700f. This design uses a 12v coil. I'd love to hear your feedback. The outer shape could also use some better styling. I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. Thank you all for great black friday sale. ~Edwyn

goatgobaahh

Honestly the more battery or hookups you can to power supplies the better. Look at the hopper io I remember they wanted a rechargeable but they ended up going with high capacity widely available batteries and now they have arguably the nicest portable dry herb vape on the market.

looking forward to this!!

goatgobaahh,

goatgobaahh

Zangano Cruel

Someone asked me at Instagram to make some video of the “universal carb cap”

Unluckily I stopped buying NV stuff around Green Friday 2019.
Neither I remember if they already launched the universal carb cap back in 4/20/19.

What I made was, videos of the D-Cup cap, prototype of the universal cap, right??
and cashed the first bowl with an OG 2018 VROD cap.
Then I made an extra video with the D-Cup cap
Stay vaped!
Mantente de la mente!!!

Not too much to cash...

ComradeDelter

Got my WE last Thursday, thought it would be interesting to document how the colour is changing so here’s a quick 1 week before/after. Usually have it set to 630-660ish and it’s on from 9-10am to 11pm/12am most days.

Massively enjoying it so far, thanks to all the members here for giving me so much reading to do pre-purchase.

27138723-9CFC-42FC-A061-7FE410A4282B.jpegCE0342F2-E566-4F2B-B975-E5D23E9890B6.jpeg

Steel28

I can’t speak for the Grav, but I own:
14mm Female 9.5" Bent Neck Super Slit Diffuser (9385)

This is made by TAG, I bought it a year ago with all my NV gear. Since then I’ve bought a few different types but this one is still my go to. TAG was ought of stock, China issues, but they recently had a clear one with sandblasted logo, less expensive then the NV listed. But I don’t like logos, so I bought it again at the last NV sale, to have in case I break the first one. I originally paid $80, it’s now $120 with no sale. Great airflow, easy to clean, no gimmicks.
Thanks for your feedback!! Decided to grab NV (TAG) bent neck.

ManFlies352

Ok guys, I know I’m asking this in the wrong thread but am contemplating throwing down the cash on a VROD setup. I’ve had quite a few vapes over the years (silver surfer, magic flight, solo ii, air, volcano, etc) and currently just have a solo II for flower and mostly stick to some edibles outside of that.

I usually just vape or get high on weekends but I’ve always enjoyed the water pipe experience and I’m really drawn to the fact that I can just take a hit here or there and leave it with the FlowerPot vs doing an entire session with the Solo II + the vape quality seems out of this world. Should I just pull the trigger? Any reason you wouldn’t?

ManFlies352,
Top Bottom